The Choices We Make

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

Hyuna crumpled to the ground of the dance studio floor, feeling the lowest of low. She didn't call her backup dancers back in for rehearsal. She knew Jessica and Tiffany were nothing but...trouble trouble trouble. *ahem*

 

She made a horrible mistake and had gotten drunk enough to have with her fellow labelmate. 

 

But she had to own up to it. She had heard horror stories of those jealous ex girlfriends that went scratching recent girlfriends, or throwing acid on them or even worse. What Hyuna didn't understand is why they were suddenly targeting Jihyun.

 

One of the sweetest labelmate unnis she had ever met.

 

 

Biting her lips Hyuna tried to think why for a moment, but realized she didn't have time.

 

Scrambling up from the floor, she ran out of the dance room, as her back up dancers looked confused.

 

 

"I'm not feeling well we'll reschedule tomorrow!" She called back to them, rushing to the front office of their CEO.

 

 

He was in the middle of talking to B2st about promotions, and they all looked startled to see her.

 

"Before you hear this from someone else this needs to be said by me. Jihyun unni, is in danger. Jessica and Tiffany from SM are probably going to ambush her in the parking garage in about twenty minutes. And I told her to go there, because those two threatened me.

 

 

But they have nothing to hold against me now. Because what they used to blackmail me is the fact that...I slept with Junhyung oppa when he was still with Hara." Hyuna admitted wincing as she said it.

 

 

Junhyung rubbed a hand across his face in agitation, as the CEO and the other members looked shocked. 

 

"We we.. got drunk and I am so so sorry. But they didn't break up because of me I swear. But that's not important, we need to get someone down to the parking garage now" She said quickly as the CEO regained his composure.

 

He picked up his phone and dialed building security explaining the situation.

 

"They'll be there in fifteen minutes and are blocking the perimeter." He explained as Hyuna breathed a sigh of relief.

 

 

The B2st members hurriedly left the room, save for Junhyun who grabbed Hyuna by the arm harshly.

 

"Do you realize what you just did?" He hissed at her. Hyuna couldn't believe him, and pushed him away from her.

 

"Yeah. I undid one of my mistakes. Besides this ruins me more than it does you remember? Cause girls are always the ones to get blamed, while the guys get called the man" Hyuna said, scoffing at him, as she stalked off.

 

Junhyung rubbed the back of his neck.

 

"Junhyung sit. We'll talk in awhile." The CEO said sternly, and left to take care of matters.

 

~

 

"So...when is the trial?" Eli asked as Seunghee let her coffee go cold, as they sat in a quiet cafe.

 

 

She looked up at him, an emptiness inside her, he was starting to see. It worried him. 

 

"June 7 at 3PM." She said softly, picking up her cup and saucer from the table as it shook in her hands.

 

She deftly took a sip and placed it back down on the table, looking down at the ground.

 

"Seunghee it'll be okay. I promise." Eli tried to reassure her.

 

She looked back at him, blinking once. 

 

"What if it won't be? What if everyone else thinks I'm making it all up?" She asked, biting her lips again.

 

 

Eli knew if he tried to hold her hand again, she would probably flinch. 

 

His words would have to make up for his lack of actions for now.

 

"Lee Seunghee. The trial will go as planned. Other girls have come forward to testify as well. If people think you're making things up, they're not worth your time. You'll find someone who'll cherish you and remind you that you're special and should never ever feel pressured to do anything you're uncomfortable with." He told her sincerely.

 

"Like who?" She wondered aloud, barely a whisper.

 

Eli blinked twice. 

 

*like me*

 

"Someone in your near future." He tried to assure her.

 

Seunghee nodded, less than convinced, but got up from her seat.

 

"Let's go?'" She said, and he nodded as well, holding the door as they left the cafe.

 

What they did not expect was a bunch of people and photographers outside.

 

"Eli! We hear you're helping this young lady for a charity case!" One reporter called out.

 

Seunghee's  eyes widened, and then she scowled.

 

 

Eli looked taken aback. "Where the hell did you hear that? Come on Seunghee" He started to lead her away, but she stepped away from him, shaking her head.

 

"Ew is that the girl that made up a story about being molested just to get Eli to feel sorry for her? How pathetic" Another girl sneered.

 

 

Seunghee looked irritated now. Before Eli could stop her she marched up to the girl and spoke low.

 

"Listen.I would never make up something as horrible as that. I would never stoop to the level of those who send their menstruation to their "oppas" I would also never wish what I went through to happen to anyone else." She said firmly and stalked off.

 

"Seunghee!" Eli said, disbelieving that all those rumors would suddenly come into the light.

 

 

None of it was true of course.

 

She turned back to him for a brief moment, the emptiness filling her eyes again.

 

"I'm sorry" She mouthed, and left the cafe to hail a cab home.

 

~

I'm sorry

 

why was she always apologizing for something she didn't need to?

 

 

Eli ran a hand through his hair in agitation, and went back inside the cafe, calling his manager to pick him up.

 

-

He immediately called Seunghee up afterwards but she didn't pick up the phone.

 

-

 

"Seunghee, where's Eli? I thought he would walk you back." Mrs. Lee asked, surprised.

 

 

Seunghee shook her head, as she hugged a pillow in her room, tightly, trying not to cry at everything that was going on.

 

"He can't be dragged into all of this umma. He's a good person. Let's just all forget we know him okay? It's for the best." She explained, burying her face in her pillow.

 

Mrs. Lee her daughter's hair, feeling sympathy and sadness for her.

 

"But is it though?" She asked, before leaving Seunghee's room to let her think for hersel.f

 

 

Seunghee's phone kept vibrating. 

 

Afterwards she had a voice mail followed by texts from Eli.

 

-

From: Eli

Why are you ignoring me?

 

From: Eli

don't listen to them Seunghee

 

From: Eli

I would never do that you have to believe me

 

 

From: Eli

pick up the phone please

 

From: Eli

If you don't pick up, I'm coming over

 

-~

Seunghee quickly called him back instead.

 

"Eli listen. I'm sorry, of course I don't believe what they said, but I do realize that even friendships have their share of drama. I don't want you to go through that anymore. I'm really grateful I met you, but you need to go back to your idol life,while I go back to mine. Thank you for everything. I can't see you anymore. Take care okay?" Seunghee said stifling a sob, and ended the call, with a click.

 

Eli sat in the cafe, in shock, and banged his fist against the table, making all the cafe patrons stare.

 

He apologized and left the cafe, not waiting for his manager.

~