There Is No JeTi

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

 

            Seo In Guk had just finished a photoshoot for Calvin Klein, and was feeling very relaxed, but his younger sister Seohyun’s (real name Seo Joohyun) phone call made him very agitated.

 

He had his manager drive him over to the SNSD dorm, and after the security guard gave him a nod, after showing his ID, he took the elevator up to the third floor.

 

Seohyun was sitting in the third floor lobby, looking very jumpy and worried. He wasn’t used to seeing her like this. She looked relieved to see him.

 

She rushed over to her older brother and embraced him. “Oppa. Thank goodness you’re here.” She replied.

In Guk hugged her back and sat down in the chair beside her.

 

His manager and bodyguard kept watch nearby. “Tell me what happened.” He told her, waiting.

 

Seohyun sighed. “Tiffany unni and Jessica unni are constantly bickering over Taecyeon oppa. Day in and day out all I hear is “B-word he’s mine! No B-word he’s mine!” And so much screaming. She delicately dabbed at her eyes with a handkerchief from her pocket.

 

In Guk frowned at hearing this. And Seohyun continued on. “And they even start pulling at each other’s hair! Why do you think only HyoYeon and I are left? Because I’m too scared to do anything and Hyoyeon’s the only other tough one who intimidates them.” She explained.

 

“Joohyun ah. Don’t talk like that please. I really don’t like the sound of this. I’ll call up your manager. You can’t stay here.” He advised to her. Seohyun slowly nodded, and she and InGuk left the lobby and his manager escorted them into the car, to stay with him for the time being.

 

“Then there was a time, where they even started smacking each other and pulling at each other’s hair. This was when everyone was still in the dorms, and when slowly Sooyoung unni, Yoona unni, and all the way to Yuri and Sunny unni left.” She continued on,  as she sat with a cup of tea in her hands, sitting in her brother’s living room.

 

"I'm surprised. what about all the JeTi, YoonYul, stuff on tv?"In Guk asked as he drank his coffee. Seohyun sighed and placed her cup down on the saucer. "YoonYul is real fortunately but..." She paused for emphasis.

 

"There is no JeTi"

 

InGuks eyes widened. He was just about to reply when his cellphone started ringing. He glanced down at the caller ID. 

Seohyun had a bemused expression on her face. "It's EunJi isn't it?" She asked. He gave her an apologetic smile, but she shook her head in understanding. "I'll wait here. You should answer it."She replied back.

 

Inguk got up from the couch, and walked into the hallway to take the phone call. 

 

Seohyun glanced around the clean apartment, noticing the landline phone was blinking with many voicemail messages.

 

"Oppa was always popular." She thought with a warm smile. Hanging on the mantel was a picture of her and InGuk when they were six and ten.

Dressed in their hanboks for Chuseok, they smiled widely for the photo.

 

Seohyun chuckled at another photo of In Guk being pushed away playfully by EunJI, her palm pressing against his face in a joking manner. She grew to like EunJi immediately after their first meeting. There was a boldness to her, that Seohyun admired.

 

"Arraso. Arraso. Bye. Love you" In Guk called out as he ended the conversation, walking back into the living room. He sat back down.

 

"Oppa look at you. You're practically glowing." Seohyun older brother. In Guk half smiled. "What about you? You never hang out with Yonghwa anymore." He pointed out.

 

she gave a small smile. "It was just a show oppa.But yeah he was nice." She replied airily. In Guk shrugged.

 

 

"Well, on a different note, you're safe now. You don't have to go back to those catty fights or whatever." He said with a determined expression. Seohyun burst out laughing. 

 

"It's cat fights oppa. Cat fights." She corrected. In Guk smiled sheepishly. "Dog fights, cow fights. At least you're safe." He added.

 

Seohyun nodded, but she still felt uneasy, although she didn't know why.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.