Getting to the Bottom of Things

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

   After practicing for "Should've Treated You Better" Kevin waited for an opportunity to swipe Eli's phone. 

 

He needed to stall some time. Eli kept his phone attached to him almost all the time so Kevin knew he needed a distraction. 

 

"Psst. AJ hyung I need your help." He whispered to AJ while Eli was staring at his phone. Just staring.

 

AJ walked over to where Kevin was standing on the other side of the room, as they both tried to look casual. But Eli didn't even glance at them, and just kept staring at his phone.

 

"That's not going to make her call you, you know." Soohyun commented. Eli gave him a look and kept staring at his phone screen.

 

He sat in a pretzel sit on the hardwood floor, looking as if he was going to burn a hole through his phone.

 

 

"What's up?" AJ asked Kevin, whispering back. 

 

"I need to borrow Eli's phone but he can't know. He has to be distracted by something." Kevin explained, as they turned their backs to the rest of them, filling their water bottles at the fountain just to keep suspicion at a low.

 

"Okay. But why?" AJ asked, taking a sip from his water bottle.

 

"I need to talk to Seunghee. Get to the bottom of her wishy washy-ness" Kevin explained.

 

"Wishy washy-ness?" AJ asked, raising his eyebrows.

 

"You know what I mean" Kevin said with a sigh.

 

"Fine okay. So you need my help to distract Eli so you can borrow his phone." AJ said, and Kevin nodded.

 

 

"Okay I think I got something"AJ said.

 

"Yo Eli! We're gonna have a guys night out. But we leave our phones here. No distractions" AJ explained.

 

 

Eli raised his eyebrows at this. And Kevin smacked his forehead.

 

 

"But...are we gonna use payphones if we need to contact our manager later?" Eli said, confused.

 

 

"Um I mean.." AJ started to say, but had nothing.

 

Kevin interrupted. "Hyung's just out of it. We can bring our phones. I'll meet up with you guys at the dorm in ten minutes" Kevin explained.

 

 

Shrugging, Eli got up from the floor and walked with the other members to go back to the dorm.

 

~

 

Kevin sighed, but thought of another route. Seunghee needed some sort of clearance when she was there earlier. 

Surely the receptionist would have some info on her.

 

He took the elevator down to the first floor lobby.

 

"Miss Han, a girl came earlier, and I'm guessing she checked in, a Seunghee...um Lee Seunghee?" He asked.

 

The receptionist smiled.

 

"Oh yes. She said she had an urgent manner to talk to Eli about. She had a singer/idol pass, so I didn't really question her." She explained.

 

Kevin was surprised. "But she's a regular citizen isn't she? Hmm." Kevin thought aloud.

 

"I believe so, but someone from SM gave her a pass it seems. What is it that you needed?" Miss Han asked him.

 

"Um did she leave any info. on a way to contact her? A phone number? Address?" Kevin asked.

 

Miss Han checked the computer.

 

"A phone number. I'm not sure if it's for the house or her cellphone thought" SHe explained.

 

 

"Great. I need to talk with her." He explained.

 

Miss Han gave him the number, and he thanked her walking off to dial up her number.

 

~

 

After two rings Seunghee picked up.

 

"Hello?" Seunghee answered hesitantly at the unknown ID.

 

"Seunghee. It's Kevin. We met once?" He reminded her.

 

"Oh hi Kevin. What's up?" She asked.

 

"I just wanted to ask you about Eli." He said, getting straight to the point.

 

"Oh? What about?" Seunghee asked, trying to keep her calm.

 

"Oh not much just, wanted to double check that, you like him right?" Kevin said very straight forwardly.

 

He thought he heard Seunghee drop something in the background.

 

"Oh of course. He's a really good friend." Seunghee said meekly.

 

"Friend? So you really value your guys' friendship?" Kevin asked.

 

"Definitely. Sometimes I really feel like I don't deserve it, the way I've been lately. But I'm glad we're friends." Seunghee added.

 

Kevin needed a trap but what? He looked up at the tv screen of the lobby, and saw T-Ara's "Countryside" playing on the screen.

 

"Oh okay. I just really wanted to double check because he really values your opinion, and I hear Jiyeon from T-ara is going to ask him out." Kevin said, feeling bad. 

 

"What?! Park Jiyeon?! The girl who...*ahem* I mean... that's great. Well I gotta go. good talking to you Kevin. Bye" Seunghee said quickly and hung up.

 

Kevin smiled triumphantly. "bingo" He said to himself.

 

He knew jealousy when he heard it. Now to prove to Eli that Seunghee did have feelings for him. But how? 

 

Kevin shook his head. He couldn't do that, he just had to find a situation for them to really talk with each other, one on one.

 

~

Whistling to himself, he left the lobby to walk to the dorm.