What Happens Now

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

As the elevator rebooted, Eli and Seunghee just smiled at each other. When it reached the 7th floor, they got out, and walked to the meeting room so Seunghee could still warn him about Jiyeon, unaware that it was just a lie from Kevin.

 

On the way there, they asked a few of the employees if there was some sort of power outage. Looking confused, they shook their heads.

 

The custodian was now on that floor working on the vending machine there, and overheard their question. "So are you two together now?" He asked, straight forwardly.

 

Seunghee and Eli looked at him in surprised. "What, how do you...?" Seunghee trailed off.

 

The man wiped his hands on a clean rag and stood up from the floor.

 

"Mr. Woo told me not to worry about the elevators for awhile, said he would take care of it. I'm guessing you're the two, he was trying to set up." He explained.

 

Eli and Seunghee gaped at this. "That' little shi--" He started to curse, but Seunghee gave him a look.

 

"Sorry. Um thank you for the info. sir." Eli said, and he led Seunghee to the meeting room. 

 

"Omg. So this was just Kevin's plot to try and get us together?" Seunghee said, surprised and embarassed.

 

Eli nodded slowly, but then smiled. "But hey, if he hadn't how else would we have known we felt the same?" He pointed out.

 

"Probably by me crushing something when Jiyeon asks you out, is my guess." Seunghee mumbled, remembering.

 

"What?" Eli said, confused.

 

Seunghee looked back at him, embarassed. "Well originally, I wanted to talk to you because, I wanted to warn you about Jiyeon asking you out sometime soon, I'm guessing." She admitted.

 

Eli still wasn't following. 

 

She stared down at the long table. 

 

"I..was worried and yes jealous, but I didn't want to make it seem that way when I told you, which is now, but that was before knowing that we would, confess to each other and ah, okay long story short, she's going to ask you out." Seunghee bantered.

 

Eli blinked slowly. "Jiyeon from T-ara? Who did you hear this from?" He asked, surprised.

 

"Kevin." Seunghee said absent-mindedly.

 

She and Eli then exchanged knowing glances.

 

"Okay you're right. Kevin is quite a trickster. How do we get back at him?" Seunghee asked.

 

Eli smiled mischeivously "Well, he tried so hard to get us together. We should pretend that his plan didn't work. Like you came here, as planned to warn me about Jiyeon, and I'll end up believing it, and then Kevin will be worrying that I'll confront Jiyeon, when she had no plans to ask me out in the first place." He explained.

 

Seunghee nodded slowly. Suddenly they heard a commotion outside of the clear meeting room doors to see Kevin, looking ecstatic running towards them.

 

They looked at him in confusion, their plan starting to unfold.

 

He hurriedly opened the door and hugged both Eli and Seunghee one by one.

 

"Congrats!" He yelled, unable to contain his excitement.

 

Soohyun followed suit afterwards, shaking his head.

 

"This guy" He muttered, at Kevin's tactics.

 

"Um for what?" Seunghee asked innocently.

 

Eli tried not to smile.

 

Kevin looked at her in confusion.

 

"Uh..you guys are together now right?" He asked slowly.

 

"Woah.You know Seunghee and I aren't like that bro." Eli said, raising his hands in the air.

 

Seunghee feigned embarassment. "Yeah Kevin. We're just really good friends. But we do have a story for you." She added, as Kevin looked at Eli for confirmation.

 

Seunghee winked at this, and Soohyun saw they were playing Kevin. He stifled a laugh and stepped out of the room.

 

 

"Yeah. Seunghee and I got stuck in the elevator. Which is weird cause there wasn't a power outage, and no one came to ask if we were alright." Eli said, raising an eyebrow.

 

 

Kevin was started to sweat bullets at this. "Really?" He said, trying to keep his voice steady.

 

"Yeah. But luckily it rebooted again, and Eli and I were able to get out and so now I was able to warn him about Jiyeon asking him out." Seunghee said, matter of factly.

 

Kevin swallowed slowly. "Y-you did?" He asked, trying not to twitch.

 

"She did. Which I appreciate by the way. Someone from Core Contents interested in me? I would've never imagined. So I called T-ara's manager to ask to speak with Jiyeon, to turn her down personally, and gently of course." Eli added.

 

Kevin started to turn pale. "Oh umm actually..." He started to say, unsure of how to phrase his explanation.

 

"Yup. Because Eli's a really good judge of character, and that's why we're really good friends." Seunghee said, emphasizing the 'really good friends' part, with a smile.

 

Eli grinned back, holding back his laughter.

 

SooHyun on the other hand, was outside the meeting room and couldn't help but guffaw and the three of them turned to look at him.

 

"Hyung. This is serious! They aren't together! After everything I..." He stared to say, and caught himself.

 

 

Eli and Seunghee smiled knowingly at this.

 

He reached over the desk and held Seunghee's hand, as Kevin gaped at this, almost sputtering his confusion.

 

 

"Wha? But you said... whaat?" He said, stammering.

 

The two burst out laughing.

 

"We ran into the custodian on the way here, and he told us your plan." Seunghee explained.

 

Kevin collapsed into the swivel chair behind him.

 

"Geez you guys. I almost had a heart attack." Kevin said, as Soohyun walked back inside.

 

"And you! You knew?" Kevin asked, pointing a finger at Soohyun.

 

He shrugged. "Not at first, until I caught Seunghee's wink at Eli when your back was turned." He explained.

 

Seunghee smiled sheepishly.

 

Kevin’s mood made a full 360 degree turn as he clasped his hands together.

 

“Success!  So what happened? Did you guys think you were going to die so you confessed? Did Eli comfort you so you were compelled to tell him the truth?!” Kevin asked eagerly, as he turned from Eli to Seunghee.

 

Soohyun deftly grabbed him by the jacket collar and pulled him back a little, as he was startling Eli and Seunghee a bit.

 

“Um..not exactly how you described it.” Seunghee said slowly.

 

Eli smiled shaking his head. “And thanks for saying we thought we were gonna die, so lightly Kev.” He added.

 

Kevin shrugged.

 

“Sorry. But hey you’re together. My work is done.  Con grats again!” He said, hugging them both and ran off out of the room.

 

Soohyun sighed, but congratulated the two as well with a smile. “About time” He said with a smirk, and left the room.

 

~

Glancing back at each other, Eli and Seunghee smiled, and left the meeting room, hand in hand, as the walked down the hallway.

 

As Seunghee happily intertwined her fingers with Eli’s, a thought occurred to her, making her stop abruptly.

 

Eli glanced back at her, concerned. “What is it?” He asked.

 

“Um. Do you think we should announce this publicly? Or stay in hiding?” She asked, worriedly.

 

Eli could see her dilemma. He remembered her words when they had met earlier on.  She could be feisty when she wanted to, but he knew that the amount of backlash she could get, might really hurt her.

 

He squeezed her hand affectionately, and turned back to her, wrapping his arms around her.

 

“I want nothing more than to show that we’re together, to the world. But you were right from what you said before. There might be a lot of fans, anti-fans, that might be harsh about us. It might be best to keep this open only to our family and friends,  and some people from the company, for now. Are you okay with that?” He asked, worriedly.

 

Seunghee looked up at him, feeling warmth from his embrace. She nodded slowly. “I think you’re right. I came this far, to admit what I felt. We just need a few more steps, to keep this secret to the public for now.” She added.

Eli smiled down at her, kissing her forehead, then making his way to her lips. As they lingered for a moment, someone cleared their throat loudly.

They broke apart, and saw Kevin, shaking his head wildly.

“You guys! If you’re gonna keep it on the down low, you might want to keep that on the down low too.” He told them.

“Are you gonna eavesdrop too now?” Eli asked dryly, as Seunghee chuckled.

 

Kevin waved them over, to walk to talk with their CEO. The two walked, releasing their intertwined fingers, but just walked closely beside each other, smiling.