Although It Hurts

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

"Lee Seunghee, what are you doing?" Mrs. Lee asked in alarm, as she found Seunghee in her bedroom, stuffing clothes into a small duffel bag. Seunghee looked up at her and sighed.

 

"If I know Eli the way I think I do, then he's going to want a better explanation than the one I gave him. But I can't handle that, so I'm go to InYoung unni's for awhile." She explained, zipping up the duffel bag.

 

Mrs. Lee frowned at this, and sat down at the side of Seunghee's bed. 

 

"Seunghee, this is not how your appa and I raised you. Now, who was the one that convinced you to quit that horrible job of yours?" Mrs. Lee reminded her.

 

Seunghee sighed. "Eli" She said softly.

 

"And who was the one who convinced you to report that disgusting son of a , filth of a human being?" She asked, her tone becoming angry.

 

"Umma!" Seunghee said, shocked at her mom's cursing. Mrs. Lee gave her a stern look.

 

Seunghee sighed. "Eli. Okay I know a lot to him, and he deserves a proper explanation but..those fans, anti-fans, and media people are crazy. If we go our separate ways, I think it'll all eventually die down." She tried to explain to her mom.

 

Mrs. Lee sighed this time, and hugged her tightly.

 

"If you're sure." She said, knowing Seunghee had to make her own decisions.

 

Seunghee nodded and got up from her bed, taking the duffel bag with her.

 

"I'll call as soon as I get there. Love you" She told her mom, and hugged her dad goodbye as well, who looked confused while trying to prepare for the following week's trial.

 

"What? Where are you going?" He asked, setting down forms on the kitchen table.

 

 

"In Young unni's. Just for a few days." She assured her dad, who looked concerned, but the look his wife gave him reassured him of his daughter's safety.

 

 

Bidding her parents goodbye, she left their complex, and quietly lugged her duffel bag down to the first floor of the apartment.

 

 

Scaling the back wall of the complex, she was just about to call In Young, when a figure leaning there, startled her.

 

 

"Oh shi--Eli!" Seunghee said, dropping her duffel bag and placing a hand over her heart to calm herself.

 

Eli stood there, looking tired, and hurt.

 

"Why are you doing this?" He asked, gesturing towards her bag.

 

She looked away from him, and deftly picked up her duffel bag.

 

"Doing what? I'm going to visit a family friend that I haven't seen in awhile." She explained softly.

 

Eli moved away from the wall and stood in front of her. Seunghee took one step back, but forced herself to look at him.

 

"I mean, telling me we should go our separate ways, you hiding from me, and even trying to go somewhere else, because, because you knew I would come here. Because you know me well enough to know that your phone call wouldn't be a good enough explanation for me. So tell me, why?" He asked, sounding frustrated and hurt at the same time.

 

Seunghee blinked, feeling guilty.

 

Eli sighed but went on. "The Seunghee I met months ago, wouldn't be running away. The Seunghee that wouldn't take any of the crap I was giving her, wouldn't be acting like this." He explained.

 

Seunghee sighed, but looked up at him helplessly. "That's just it though. I'm not the same girl anymore. And as vulnerable, weak, and stupid I'm being right now, I also changed for the better. i learned not to be so uptight anymore. I remembered how to laugh again. I became happier. Because I met you, because I got to know the real you. Because..we became friends. And as friends, I can't see you being bombarded by reporters, and critics, because of your friendship with me. I don't want you to have to face that anymore. So please. Just let me go." She pleaded.

 

Eli let out a long sigh, running a hand across his face. His expression was serious when he spoke. 

 

"Let me just ask  you one last thing." He told her.

 

Seunghee nodded, waiting.

 

"Do you really only see us as being friends?" He asked her, trying to read her eyes.

 

Seunghee blinked. "Yes" She said, lying.

 

Eli sighed. "That's all I needed to know." He said softly, and turned to walk away.

 

Seunghee stifled her sobs as she decided to walk to In Youngs instead.

 

When she lugged her duffel up the stairs of the condominium, she bumped into someone.

 

 

Looking back, she saw a girl about her age, who looked surprised as well.

 

"Sorry" They both apologized.

 

The other girl noticed Seunghee's tears, and looked concerned.

 

"Are you okay?" She asked.

 

Seunghee thought she was referring to their bumping into each other, and she nodded.

 

"I'm Seunghee" She said, shaking the girl's hand.

 

"Seohyun. I'm here to talk to my cousin about something." She explained.

 

~