A Surprising Side of Eli

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

         "So what do you think of dating celebrities?" Eli asked Seunghee, while he took a break from dance practice, taking a sip of water from his water bottle perched on the wooden floor. 

 

 

Seunghee raised an eyebrow at this, glancing at the other U-Kiss members, who were still huff puffing away to "Stop Girl" the dance wasnt even a fast one, but practicing as much as they did, was sure to make anyone grow tired.

 

 

She frowned after thinking for a moment. "Out of the question. Couldn't handle the pressure of all the fan girls, the press, or having to hide the relationship and all that yada yada." She said firmly.

 

Now it was Eli's turn to be surprised, although he knew that she had a point. "But you came here though right? That has to count for something." He replied back. She shrugged.

 

"I was dragged here remember? But I'm not regreting coming. Although sneaking in was a bit of a hassle. Imagine me having to pretend I was a coordi noona." She said, shaking her head.

 

Eli smiled, but curiousity got the best of him still. He sat down beside her, in a pretzel sit, politely keeping some distance, because he was probably a bit smelly from practice, and because he noticed Seunghee didn't seem to appreciate much skinship.

 

"So, hypothetically speaking, you wouldn't date say, me? Even though I'm your favorite member?" He asked, with a pretend swagger. Seunghee smiled, shoving him lightly.

 

"What? Aw noona.." Dongho called out, overhearing, as the other members, stopped dancing, looking slightly dejected as well. Seunghee flushed slightly. "Sorry Dongho. I like all of you of course though." She tried to reassure them.

 

 

They went back to practicing, and Seunghee turned back to Eli, glaring at him slightly. "Nope. Not even you. No idols. No celebrities. Not that you're not a nice person or anything but.." She started to say, but stopped when Eli placed a hand over his heart.

 

 

"Stop. Stop right there. You're not really going to give me the " you're a nice person" line are you?" He asked slightly incredulous. She shrugged. "What can I say? But look, take Jihae unni. Outside of We Are Dating, she has alot of good points. Have you seen her y dance? Now of course I'm into guys, but her dancing is whew."

 

Seunghee said, fanning herself slightly. "y eyes, y mouth..~" She tried quoting T-ara's "y Love as she talked in a sing song voice.

 

 

Eli frowned at this. "Geez. Seunghee why are you so vulgar? I don't care that Jihae noona is a so called y idol. Or former idol anyway." He said, remembering her resignation from Girl's Day somewhat recently. 

 

Seunghee felt a bit embarassed to admit, but she had thought Eli had been a bit of a ert, from how he was portrayed on shows and what not.So seeing him a bit uncomfortable at her talking about Jihae's iness, was a bit surprising. 

 

 

"Jihae unni left Girl's Day?" She said, taken aback. "Yeah babo. Where have you been?" He asked, lightly pushing her forehead. She frowned at this, rubbing where he pushed her. But when she met eyes with him again, there was a softness there, that she would have never seen except in person. Clearing her mind again, she spoke up, as Eli blinked twice, regaining composure as well. 

 

 

"Not reading allkpop 24/7 that's for sure." She said dryly. Eli shrugged back, unfazed.

 

"But to add more to that, there's no doubt that I admire you guys, your music and your personalities. But not to the point that I'd even dare consider dating any of you, if that makes sense." She further added, as Eli furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

 

Here was a girl, that wasn't throwing herself at him. That didn't constantly try to get close to him physically, but rather emotionally. And even then, slowly, and never hastily. A girl who showed her support toward him and his group, without even bringing up what, millions of girls, would probably ask if they had the chance.

 

To date him. 

 

She knew their lives, how hectic it was, and swayed herself to stay completely platonic with him. Good acquaintances. Friends even. But nothing more. Though day after day, it was hard not to fall for who Eli Kim really was. 

 

 

As they both had their own thoughts circling about, a voice broke them out of their reverie.

 

 

"Ey hyung get back here now!" Dongho called to him, earning a look from Eli. Dongho cleared his throat. "Uh, please." He quickly added and Seunghee chuckled.

 

 

Eli got back up and walked over to him and the other members, and started practicing again. Seunghee took notice of their sharp movements and the look of concentration on their faces.

 

 

"There's no doubt that they're very dedicated in what they do though." She thought to herself, and picked up her cellphone, waving it side to side, pretending she was at a  concert, as they saw this smiling, as they kept practicing.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.