Decisions

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

    Eli waited patiently, still holding onto both of Seunghee's hands while he kneeled in front of her, waiting for her to answer if she would run away with him. She looked down at the young man who had cared for her, protected her and stood up for her to the best of his ability. But she knew running away was not the answer to their problem.

 

She smiled down at him, squeezing his hands gently. "Oppa. You know I'd want nothing more than to go away with you where we wouldn't have to deal with paparazzi, reporters or crazy fans. But we can't just run away forever. I haven't finished up my schooling yet. Amd I know you still love making people happy by being a performer. I don't want you to give this up. No matter what harsh things people are saying right now, there are still fans who support you, and also respect that I'm your girlfriend." She explained slowly.

 

Eli looked down for a moment, releasing her hands. "So you don't want to run away?" He asked her, and she slowly shook her head. She stood up from the side of the bed and took him by the shoulders and he slowly stood up as well.

 

She looked up at him with affection in her eyes, smiling at him. "But I wouldn't mind going on a little road trip for a few days." She told him. He smiled back, wrapping his arms around her, and kissed her full on the mouth. 

Smiling into the kiss, she leaned forward slightly, resting her hands on his shoulders, but his weight was moving forward so she started to lean backwards on the side of the bed.

 

Eli softly kissed her while hovering over her, but then remembered where they were and what she'd been through. He gently picked her  back up to stand up straight, and just embraced her for awhile.

 

Blinking in confusion, she looked up at him in surprise. He just smiled down at her, gently rubbing her nose against hers as she laughed.

 

Grabbing his backpack, he slung it over one shoulder, and wrapped his free arm around her, leading her out the door back to her apartment.

 

"Let's get you packed then." He said, and they said a quick hello to Seunghee's parents who raised their eyebrows at Eli with his backpack.

 

Seunghee stopped walking towards her room and ushered Eli back to the living room.

 

"Uh omma? Appa? Since things have been kind of crazy lately, Eli and I need to go away just for a few days.." She explained to them hesitantly.

 

Mr. Lee's lips were pursed and the look he gave Eli was enough to send shivers up anyone's spine. 

 

Seunghee noticed this and sighed. "Appa, come on. You trust us don't you? Or trust me at least?" She asked him.

 

Mrs. Lee smiled, and Mr. Lee nodded slowly.

 

"Just call us when you get to wherever you are." Mrs. lee reminded them.

 

The two nodded and Seunghee quickly packed a few belongings in a small duffel. 

 

While she packed she and Eli could hear Mr. Lee muttering outside.

 

"Are we really sure about this? Since when did we become so liberal?" He asked his wife.

 

"Yobu, she's twenty years old and a smart girl. And Eli's a respectable young man." His wife insisted.

 

Mr. Lee scoffed. "That's what they all say. A lamb becomes a wolf in a split second when you turn your back." He chastised.

 

Eli and Seunghee cringed, and she patted his cheek lightly. "Nope. Always a lamb. A giant lamb." She joked affectionately.

 

Eli rolled his eyes, smiling, as Seunghee packed the last of her necessities.

 

He picked her up other duffle and when they walked out of her room, her parents became silent.

 

"Well, we better get a head start. Bye omma. Bye appa. Thanks again." She told her parents and kissed them both on the cheek.

 

Eli shook Mr. Lee's hand firmly, who was still giving him that look of warning, and seunghee merely shook her head.

 

Mrs. Lee gave Eli a small hug and then they sent the young couple off.

 

~

 

On the drive, Seunghee happily stuck her head out the window like a dog, letting the wind blow her hair, as she stuck her hand out, feeling the air breeze through her fingers.

 

Eli smiled while he drove, cranking up the stereo as they sang along to A'Teens "Upside Down" at the top of their lungs, laughing along the way.

 

Seunghee couldn't remember the last time they were able to just spend time with each other without all the usual harassment of other people involved. It was a nice feeling and she knew she'd cherish it.

 

Three hours later after making the necessary pit stops and bathroom breaks, they arrived at a quant little inn, located right by the beach. They walked into the reception area of the inn and walked over to the receptionist who was a middle aged woman, who smiled at them brightly.

 

"Room for two?" Eli asked. The woman nodded and looked through a booklet. "Hmm. Single queen bed or double twin bed?" She asked.

 

"Single"

 

"Double"

 

Eli and Seunghee both looked at each other in surprise. Particularly because of who had said what. Seunghee had said single because she didn't want to seem like a prude. Eli had said double because he didn't want to seem inconsiderate.

 

The woman raised an eyebrow at this.  "Um well, let's see. Looking at it now there's only a single bed room left at the moment." She explained.

 

The coloring drained from both their faces, but they tried to appear calm about it.

 

Eli looked at Seunghee for confirmation.

She nodded slowly and wordlessly and then the receptionist handed them a key.

 

On the walk to the room, Seunghee's stomach was tying up in knots.

 

Why did she ask us to choose if that was the only room available?

 

Why did Seunghee request for a single considering her uncomforableness about it?

 

It's going to be a long night

 

~