Cattiness Strikes

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

    "Well well well. If it isn't little miss charity case." A voice said maliciously, as Seunghee sat in NH Media's cafeteria. She was the only there, save for a few workers setting up for lunch. 

 

She looked up from her cup of coffee, surprised. A girl she'd never seen before with long, auburn wavy hair, and fair skin was smirking at her as she approached teh table where Seunghee sat.

 

"Um excuse me? " Seunghee said confused. The girl flipped her hair over her shoulder, dramatically. "Don't try to play dumb. I know you made that whole story up.about getting molested. Puh-lease." She said, sighing.

 

Seunghee's eyebrows furrowed, and she pushed her coffee cup away from her. "Look. I don't know who you are, but I just went through a whole trial for that case. I would never make something like that up." She said firmly, wondering who the girl was.

 

The girl just smiled. "Whatever. But let me give you just a little bit of advice, girl-to-girl." She said, and leaned a bit closer to whisper to Seunghee."If you don't put out for Eli soon, he will dump you. Trust me." She whispered, and then smiled sweetly when she moved away, and walked down the hallway and left the cafeteria.

 

Seunghee sat there, dumbstruck. "Who was that girl? And how did she know about her and Eli? Who was she to try and tell her how fast paced she should go with him?" She thought, rubbing her temples.

 

She stood up from the table and walked over to one of the cafeteria workers, setting out the salad.

 

"Excuse me." She asked politely. The woman looked up from setting out the salad in a bowl.

 

"Yes?" She asked.

 

"Um do you happen to know who that girl was?" Seunghee asked.

 

The woman sighed, not from her question, but from the girl it seemed.

 

"That's Im HaeRi. She's a new trainee here, and will be debuting soon with a girl group called Bliss. You didn't hear this from me, but she's only here because her uncle paid her way in. Pretty yes, but her singing voice?" The woman shuddered and said nothing more.

 

Seunghee thanked her, and went back to her table to finish her cup of coffee.

 

A few minutes later, Eli appeared. The workers in the cafeteria were sworn to secrecy, so they could meet there to spend time with each other during his short breaks in between practices.

 

He smiled brightly and sat down in front of her, leaning over to give her a quick peck on the lips.

 

Seunghee smiled, but a shadow crossed her face, remembering HaeRi's words.

 

"What's wrong?" Eli asked, concerned.

 

She shook her head. "Nothing. How was practice?" She asked.

 

Eli shrugged. "Same old. The workload's getting lighter though." He explained.

 

Seunghee nodded. 

 

'If you don't put out soon, he will dump you'

 

The words echoed in her mind again.

 

"Oppa, I was wondering if you'd tell me about your girlfriends from the states before you debuted..?" Seunghee trailed off hesitantly.

 

Eli looked surprised at this. "Um sure. There weren't alot. Like alot of rumors say. Just two. One in elementary, that was never serious, Jina, and one in middle school, Lianne. I can't say much about elementary since it was the usual 'hey want to be my girlfriend?' then we just hung out alot. And Lianne, was she was nice, but she never supported my dreams so yeah." He explained.

 

Seunghee nodded in sympathy.

 

“Oh I’m sorry.” She said, unsure of what to say.

Eli shrugged. “No big. It was a long time ago. Why the sudden interest though?” He asked, curious.

 

“Just wondering.”She said simply Eli had to go back to practice, so they made their goodbyes, and Seunghee walked out of the cafeteria to go home.

 

When she passed the elevator, HaeRi was there.

 

“He’ll dump you” She taunted again.

 

Seunghee was tempted to give her the  bird, but refrained.

 

Instead she turned and smiled. “Bye HaeRi” She said sweetly, pretending she didn’t hear her.

HaeRi gaped at this as the elevator doors closed, and Seunghee smirked, walking off.

 

She would ignore the taunts.

 

She knew Eli better than that.

 

Right?