Backtracking

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

After Seunghee gave a small smile, waving to Eli, she quietly slipped out of the lobby.

 

Eli watched her walk out of the building, still surprised to see her. But he knew she must've had something to say if she came all the way there.

 

Smiling at all the fans, he moved back a little and whispered to Kevin. 

 

"Cover for me?" He asked. Kevin nodded, and clapped his hands loudly.

 

"Kiss me's thank you for coming to see us. Please follow me to the lounge area, and we can have a little impromptu fan hangout!" He announced and all the fans squealed, following him and the other U-Kiss members who looked confused, save for Eli, to the other side of the lobby towards the lounge.

 

Eli took his chance and quietly slipped away from the crowd to catch up with Seunghee outside.

 

~

 

"Well, that's that. Lee Seunghee you babo. How could you think, for even one second, that Eli would actually be all mopey and devastated that you were okay with being just friends? He has so many fans that adore him, he has his band members, his family and other friends. You're just the girl who appeared a few months ago. A regular citizen. He's happy he'll be fine." Seunghee thought dejectedly, feeling negative thought after negative thought smacking her in the face, and in the heart.

 

Sighing to herself, she slowly walked along the sidewalk.

 

"Seunghee!" Eli called to her, as he caught up with her.

 

She stopped walking and gave him a small smile.

 

'Hey" She said softly.

 

He stopped to catch his breath for a moment.

 

"Did you need to talk about something?" He asked, carefully.

 

Seunghee hesitated for a moment. 

 

"Yeah. I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted and, I realized that there's really no reason for me to be going in hiding, just because of our friendship. I'm sorry I ignored you, and just wanted to..." Seunghee started to say, as Eli waited patiently.

 

"Um I just wanted to ask you if...you would come to the trial for moral support?" She asked, unable to say what she had initially wanted to.

 

Eli gave a small smile. "I'll be there if there's no schedulefor that day. I'll let you know." He replied back.

 

Seunghee gave a small smile back.

 

"Thanks" She said, giving him a one armed hug.

 

Eli stiffly hugged her back, but then wrapped another arm around her.

 

He wasn't making this any easier for her. "Erm thanks. You know I really value our friendship." Seunghee added, her voice muffled in his shoulder.

 

The last word smacked Eli across the face, and he abruptly let go of her.

 

He smiled. "Me too" He replied.

 

"Well I'l call you later?" She asked.

 

Eli nodded, waving goodbye as she did the same, and hailed a cab to go home.

 

~

 

   "What is going on? What impromptu hangout and where is Eli?" Kiseop whispered to Kevin, as they sat in the lounge with a bunch of their fans.

 

"I had to stall. And Eli had to talk to that girl, you know THAT girl?" Kevin whispered with emphasis.

 

"Oh. The one he's been moping around about, the past few days?" Kiseop asked.

 

Kevin nodded. "Yeah. Well since she came here, hopefully it's good news" Kevin added.

 

When Eli walked into the lounge the boys' briefly saw his downcast expression, but he immediately put on a smile for the fans.

 

The members knew something was wrong, so they quickly dismissed all their fans.

 

"Thanks for coming, let's do this again sometime!" AJ announced, and the fans happily cheered and left after thanking and bowing to them.

 

 

When the guys made their way back to the elevator to go back up to their practice room, they looked at Eli with concern.

 

"What happened?" Kevin asked carefully.

 

Eli sighed. "Well Seunghee's talking to me again, and maybe I was being stupid to think she might've maybe accepted my feelings, but she brought up just how much our friendship meant to her." He explained.

 

"So, you confessed and she rejected you, ignored, you , and then you thought she came to accept your confession?" AJ asked, trying to catch on.

 

"Well I didn't exactly confess in those exact words, but she had to have known how I felt based on my actions right?" Eli asked.

 

 

The guys all blinked, and exchanged glances at this.

 

"Not exactly. Girls overthink alot. But I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe she does want to accept you, but something's holding her back." Kevin suggested.

 

 

Eli frowned as the elevator door dinged to the top floor.

 

They all got out and walked down the hallway to their practice room.

 

"I don't know I'm not really sure if she even feels that way about me, she brings up friendship alot. I just..I'm sorry guys listen to me, complaining. I should be glad enough that she's not ignoring me anymore." He said and walked into the practice room.

 

"Something is up with that girl if she's been coming back and forth. And I plan to find out what it is." Kevin thought to himself, determined to steal Eli's cellphone for a little chat with this girl. 

~