Chapter 7

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

It was lunch time (again) when Sungmin put his phone away and searched for Eunhyuk. Ryeowook shook his head because apparently Sungmin still denied that he searched for Eunhyuk because he worried over Eunhyuk. Sungmin told the truth, but everyone just stared at him in tease manner. Yeah, that sweet Ryeowook apparently is a teaser too.

 

So, without hearing another teasing word from the other about him and Eunhyuk, he ran to Eunhyuk’s class, in hope nothing bad happened to Taemin and Heechul. Heechul is his hyung too. And Taemin is his baby, he mentally said. Eunhyuk was nowhere to be found. His class was not that crowded like when the class ended, but Eunhyuk still couldn’t be spotted. Sungmin, panted from running, bit his nails worriedly, prayed for Taemin. “Sorry, where is Eunhyuk?” he asked one of the student who was walked past him.

 

“He went to the toilet just a minute ago. Wait here, he’ll probably back.” He replied with smile. Sungmin thanked him before he walked back and forth, still in his worried mode. What happened with Taemin? Why Heechul didn’t pick up his phone? What if something happened with them? What if Taemin is missing and Heechul forgot his phone while searching for Taemin? Those all could be happened, right?

 

“Min? What are you doing here?” Eunhyuk, fresh from the toilet, asked the smaller man who immediately hugged him as soon as he saw the monkey man. Startled, Eunhyuk rubbed in circle Sungmin’s back, waiting for him to say something. “What happen, Min? Why are you like this?”

 

“Hyukkie, I think something happened to Taemin.”

 

“What? Don’t say nonsense, Sungmin. We both know he’s save with Heechul hyung in our house.” Eunhyuk lowered his voice, let his chin rested on Sungmin’s shoulder. If Sungmin didn’t sound so worried like this, Eunhyuk swore this is the sweetest thing that ever happened in his life: hugging Sungmin in front of his class. “What make you this worried? Does Heechul hyung text you?”

 

“No.” Sungmin replied while shook his head, still in Eunhyuk’s embrace. This only made Eunhyuk squealing inside. “But he doesn’t pick up his phone. I want to know if Taemin had his milk already and had gone to bed. I want to know if Taemin is okay. I just want to know about Taemin, Hyukkie…” Sungmin hugged him tighter.

 

“Heechul hyung didn’t pick up his phone? You text him?” Sungmin nodded. “Does he text you back?” this time Sungmin shook his head. Eunhyuk sighed. “I hope he just goes to the bathroom so he doesn’t hear his phone. Or he and Taemin are sleeping so nobody hear the phone.”

 

“I-I hope so…”

 

Eunhyuk dare to pay everything he had for keeping the time stands still, keeping this sweet moment of him and Sungmin. He inhaled the sweet scent of Sungmin, the scent he always inhaled every morning and night since Heechul came and had his room. It is really awful, yes, to lose your room, but in the same time it is a heaven to sleep on the same bed with someone you worship so much. Sungmin meant so much for him. And with Taemin’s presence with them, it only made everything perfect.

 

“It’s a school, you know, not a place for gay couple to hugs freely like that.” Someone, exactly a boy like them, interrupted their intimate moment (or so Eunhyuk thought) by saying that. Sungmin and Eunhyuk quickly pushed away, Sungmin coughed while Eunhyuk scratched his head. Their faces reddened. “Tch… look at you two… you should just go out already.”

 

“Hyung~” Sungmin whined cutely, again, and that only made Eunhyuk’s inside bit his nails. “Why are you here, anyway?”

 

Kangin smirked at the two. Oh yeah, he was indeed another evil who had a big muscles all over his body. “The bell’s ringing—you didn’t hear it? You two must be so in love to aware to your surroundings.” Kangin snorted after that. If only Eunhyuk had more muscles, he might have knocked Kangin out. “You should quickly back to your room, Sungmin, or your teacher will kick you out.”

 

“Yeah… right… bye, Hyukkie. I’ll see you later.” Sungmin waved his hand before he ran away.

 

“Yeah…” the only Eunhyuk could mutter under his breath. He glanced at Kangin who was still smiling. “What are you doing hyung?”

 

“Aww, the boy’s in love. Soooo in love. I tell you, you should grab him fast before anyone else can get him.” Kangin wriggled his brows. “So, bye!”

 

Eunhyuk could only stare.

 

^----^

 

Heechul stared at his mobile. He knew Sungmin must be worried, but he couldn’t pick up his call at all. He didn’t want Sungmin yelled at him or worse, because well… apparently he left his cousin and his cousin’s lover’s love child on the hands of stranger. Heechul didn’t know the man, yes, but he thought Sungmin and Eunhyuk knew him. But they were neighbors, so they should be known each other, right? Heechul only a cousin happened to be a newcomer, anyway. It was not his fault not knowing all his cousin’s friends. He sighed again when his phone finally went silent.

 

“What happen? You look awful with that frowns, you know.” Hankyung approached him after he put down the dirty mugs on the sink. “Do you hate the job?”

 

“No, it’s not about job, Han.” Heechul sighed. “You know, I happened doing something stupid,” he confessed slowly. He needed someone to talk to, but he didn’t want that someone tell everyone about his problems. “My cousin has this baby, I don’t know how he gets him, and I don’t want to know anyway, but I left him this morning. I think I did something right, but it seems like this lover of my cousin knows something didn’t right so he called me nonstop.”

 

“Go on.”

 

“The baby named Taemin, and I left him with my cousin’s neighbor that I don’t even know. I know it’s wrong, but when Eunhyuk and Sungmin back home he probably will give Taemin to them, right?” Heechul bit on his nails. Worries washed over him. “What if the neighbor forgets about Taemin? What if Eunhyuk and Sungmin call the police?”

 

“Chul, you’re thinking too much.” Hankyung patted Heechul’s head. “They may be worried—it’s their child, right? Next time, you have to make it sure at first. But you can check the neighbor after your shift. I’ll go with you.”

 

“Will you?” Heechul widened his eyes in anticipation, eyes looking straight at Hankyung’s. Hankyung smiled sweetly at him. “Really?”

 

^----^

 

Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Jungmo were walking to Kyuhyun’s apartment, where actually the place Eunhyuk and Sungmin lived too. They all walked in silence, sometimes Jungmo pointed at something and whispered something to Sungmin—they were friends since the very first time they attended the school. Eunhyuk would sometimes glare at him but kept silent, while Donghae eyed him and huffed. It was kind of amusing, honestly.

 

“Wait,” Sungmin stopped their little gang from walking further. “I want to buy something, please?” he pointed at mini market in their left, smiling oh so cutely with that chubby cheeks of his.

 

Minutes later, Eunhyuk brought a rather big plastic bag (yeah, Eunhyuk is always the one who brings their groceries after they spend their money) in his left hand, while his other hand happily helped his mouth to his strawberry milk. Jungmo bought a can of soda with him, Sungmin just walked just like before, while Donghae chewed a strawberry gum. Once a while Sungmin checked his phone if Heechul texted him or called him back, but he found nothing. What happened to them, actually? He just wanted to know how Taemin was doing.

 

They arrived at Kyuhyun’s place minutes later, but Sungmin and Eunhyuk decided to put their belongings first. The other agreed, so they quickly slipped into their shared place. There was so quiet, as if nobody lived there. They became more worried. Eunhyuk put their groceries harshly before took his phone out, called his diva cousin. But same as Sungmin, he didn’t get answer. “,” he cursed. Where Heechul could be? Where was Taemin?

 

“I know something bad happened, I know!” Sungmin cried, both hands gripped his hair. “Taemin… what about him? Does Heechul hyung bring him somewhere?”

 

“I-I don’t know…” Eunhyuk muttered. “…”

 

Suddenly there was knock on the door.

 

“Hey, you two, we’re going to start.” They could hear Jungmo’s voice through the door

 

With heavy heart, they went out from their house.

 

^----^

 

“You didn’t tell this morning that you get fever.”

 

“The ? I told you! I texted you, remember?”

 

“…really?”

 

Kyuhyun snorted. “Next time I’ll just text Changmin if I get fever.” He grunted.

 

“Okay…” Donghae nodded. “What about that, Kyuhyun? I think I saw her somewhere…”

 

“It’s a he, you know.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes while gave Taemin his bottle. “And this is because that ing pretty man. He just left him here—I don’t even know him!”

 

“Who?”

 

“I don’t know, I told you.” Kyuhyun threw his body on the bed. “If that man isn’t back in two hours, I’ll give the baby to the police down there, I swear.”

 

“You should be more patient, you know. Be a good boy and help other. Help him until he pick up this angel.” Donghae caressed Taemin’s head slowly, smiling. He didn’t know the fact, how pity.

 

“Yeah, yeah… whatever.”

 

“Hey, Lee Donghae? Where are you?”

 

“Here!”

 

“We sho—Taemin?! Why are you here?!” Eunhyuk gaped at the scene.

 

Kyuhyun blinked, startled. That is why he felt he see this baby somewhere.

 

^----^

 

A/N: It's another chapter~ Sorry for making you waiting too long ==a

But at least it's the update~ :D And it's HyukMin moment XD

 

Reply comments:

@yuki-chicken: I love that too LOL. It's just amusing how Taemin called him Dada so suddenly, haha

@KIMparkshi: It's not the end, believe me~ just... well.. some earth quake? LOL, no, of course noo =)) sorry for the late update, though ==a

@Kyumin-ah: Sorry for the late update~ ;___; I got busy with my homeworks ==a

@mysara: Heechul is amazing, you know, haha. And for Kyuhyun... well... at least he has someone to be his companion :3 and if the baby won't still alive, I'm sure Eunhyuk and Sungmin will throw the third world war LOL.

 

Thank you everyone for reading it and commenting it~ ^^

And yeaah~ happy reading ^^