Chapter 24

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

There was only one boy in the quiet small apartment. Even though you could see the boy clearly, you couldn’t tell what he was doing because you only could see the back of the owner of the said apartment. Oh yes, you know what his habit is. Playing all day long in the weekend if he has nothing to do with his homework or so called shopping. Now, since he had done his homework already and nothing needed to by, he spent his day by playing his dearly Starcraft from when he opened his eyes. An instant ramyun was the only thing he could eat in his room for weekend.

 

“!” he cursed as his opponent took the victory. What the hell?! He was the one who supposed to be the winner! What was wrong with him today? Geez… he lost his mood to play.

 

A sigh escaped his full lips. He thought to have another thing to do. What should he do? The laundry would be nice, but he did the laundry yesterday. Cleaning his room wouldn’t be that nice because tonight he would go to sleep on his bed and in the end his room would probably be as mess as before. Then why bother? He thought about getting ddokbokki for his snack. Oh, movie marathon wouldn’t be that bad, would it?

 

It settles, then! Better get something crunchy and easy to eat for the movie! He would look for movies he hadn’t watched, then. Nice!

 

However, when he walked to his door, he intentionally caught a glimpse of orange hair on his monitor. Someone was in his door step yet no rings? He could tell Sungmin was the one who stood in his door. What did that bunny want? Unconsciously walking here with closed eyes to have a hug from the fox, huh? He smirked. But hey… did he just see Sungmin pulled his hand back? I mean, Sungmin was going to push the bell but he pulled his hand back. Did something happen to him?

 

Deciding to open the door, Kyuhyun controlled his face first before he reached for the door knob. Sungmin was surprised when the door opened that he couldn’t help it but let his jaw fall for w mere seconds. “What are you doing here, bunny?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, making Sungmin gulped hard. His brain suddenly stopped functioning. “Seems like you need something to calm you down, doesn’t it?”

 

“W-well…”

 

“Come in.” Kyuhyun opened the door wider for Sungmin could in, and Sungmin complied. He gripped harder on his math books as he stepped inside for the nth times already, yet the surroundings always different from time to time.

 

What he didn’t know is that Kyuhyun lingered on his door as someone apparently opened another door out there to see what he wanted to see the last. Kyuhyun smirked in triumphant as he learned his opponent’s hardened face. Oh well, he did know about Sungmin’s dilemma for the blonde boy, but he didn’t give it care at all. If he thought he could get Sungmin, then he would go for it. And so, being an evil he is, a last satisfied smirk he threw at the blonde boy before he closed his door with exciting heart. Well, today must be a great day for him, kekeke.

 

His evil smirk vanished as he saw the orange hair guy in his condominium. What’s wrong? That guy didn’t look good today—his shoulders slumped down unusually. Must be something to do with that blonde head, tch. “It’s not so yourself for coming here all alone without Taemin in this beautiful day, Sungmin.” No manner, indeed. You should at least ask Sungmin what he wants to drink, Cho Kyuhyun, not making him slumps his shoulders more. “As far as I remember, you never come here without any important things.”

 

“I-I…”

 

“I’m waiting, Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun folded his arms across his chest as Sungmin hesitated to what to say to the younger boy. Firstly, he wasn’t the one who could easily tell everybody about his life like this. Secondly, he wasn’t the one who could trust people easily. But today, just for today, he let himself being selfish in front of Kyuhyun. In front of a person he almost hated, a person who cared about him so much. He had nobody else to run into for now.

 

“C-can you j-just give your back n-now?” a sob then escaped Sungmin’s thin lips. Kyuhyun was shocked to find his cute little bunny was crying before his eyes. He hadn’t seen the boy looked this vulnerable and apparently he knew who was caused this. Without second thought, Kyuhyun showed his back to Sungmin willingly. Sungmin was really thankful because the taller yet younger boy didn’t ask him anything—but he was surely didn’t prepare himself when Kyuhyun turned around and had him hugged instead.

 

“Let it out.” Kyuhyun Sungmin’s back lovingly; his voice was husky yet calmed Sungmin’s sense down. Sungmin then broke into a mess the time he was crying loudly. He paid no care to his neighbors. He was being selfish as he wanted, and he wanted no more but a hug. “You know you can tell me everything you want.”

 

“I-I…” Sungmin choked on his own saliva. “I l-love him t-too m-much, Kyuhyun-ah…” Kyuhyun stopped his track. An imagining bump then formed in his throat, held up his breath for seconds before he could manage himself back. Hell, even his eyes started tearing up just because of the cute boy’s heartbreaking sobs.

 

What? So that’s why you’re crying? Then you should probably stop crying because the culprit is just across us that I can give him the payback of what he’s done to you.

 

“I-is it w-wrong to let him g-go like t-this?” Kyuhyun’s ear perked up. Did he just hear Sungmin said ‘let him go’? That means Eunhyuk isn’t in Sungmin’s heart anymore? But because of that Sungmin was crying right now?

 

“Is it hard for you to love him?” Kyuhyun asked despite his own unbearable feeling. He could feel a nod from Sungmin on his chest. “Then let him go.” He couldn’t help himself but said that as to stop the older boy’s cry. “It’ll be better to let him go and open up your heart to other person.”

 

“S-such as?” Sungmin lifted his head to look at Kyuhyun, his doe, big eyes hypnotized Kyuhyun the time their eyes met. Those beautiful eyes shouldn’t be teary for that unbelievable kid, Sungmin-ah. You should forget your feeling towards him or you’ll suffer like this non stop.

 

“You know who, beauty.”

 

^----^

 

“See, you don’t know about them, tch.” A snort came from across him as he sighed to what the caller was saying. He knew he is the father, but what can he say when the mother won’t say anything except they meet outside? The only source he could get wasn’t telling him something he wanted, and who he could count on to? How hard he tried to gather information about his so-called-baby, no one told him. He knew this man he just called before he threw his phone after hung up the phone followed him in to his workplace, but he had no time to approach him for his job serving customers in the café. Everyone was like wanting him to service them just because of his fortunately handsome face. No one could resist him, okay.

 

He threw himself on the bed beside his phone. It was hard for him to get the celebrity’s phone yet the famous actor wouldn’t easy on him. The fault? He chuckled bitterly. Is that really his fault? These all aren’t his fault—aren’t his fault only. That night he was drunk that he couldn’t remember clearly what had he done. His girlfriend didn’t say no also, he wouldn’t stop if the girl didn’t say no, right? That night was their fault, they fool, their sin. But why everyone seems like blaming him at what they had done? At least give him how his girl is doing, but no. No phones or calls from her to tell him that she was pregnant and that baby is his.

 

And years passed just for him to hear his baby is not in his girl’s hands. What the hell? Even his cousin knew where his baby is!

 

Is he the worst father ever?

 

Thinking of it making him feels sad. He wanted to have children with his wife, but if the thing turned out to be like this… he had to find his baby but where? He knew Sungmin is his cousin’s friend, and he kind of suspect him because Jungmo mentioned once that his baby was safe with his friend. So he thought his baby is with Sungmin, but he regretted following Sungmin with a guy he didn’t know because something happened back then.

 

Now he was really going crazy.

 

He was about to close his eyes when a call interrupted. His hand reached for his phone without looking, and being a lazy he is, he picked up the phone without looking at the called ID on the screen. He was going to greet the caller but a sound cut his greet.

 

That was a baby’s voice.

 

Was that his baby?

 

“H-hello?” he said hesitantly as for his nervousness. He wasn’t imagining things right now, he was sure! It was a baby’s laughing sound and he could feel warm in his heart when he heard the voice. It was like he missed the sound as if he hadn’t met his baby for business trip. But the truth was he didn’t know the voice at all. But he could tell the voice was somehow affected him. “Who’s there?”

 

“Happy to hear your son’s voice, huh?” the other line said in annoying manner. Nichkhun was holding himself from crying. His feeling was messed up. “Say, do you want your little family back or not? Meet me at the café behind Minho’s apartment building tomorrow at two p.m.”

 

“I-I… I can’t.” Nichkhun sighed. “I have work everyday and you know that. That was just the end of lunch time and I can’t leave the café at that time.”

 

“Then you have to think other ways to solve this thing. Your lovely girl’s only free twice a week, and that’s not on weekend.” The other line sounded so mad right now. Nichkhun knew the caller wasn’t that nice to talk to. “Take back your son or you’ll lose him forever, Nichkhun.”

 

The line was unconnected.

 

“Geez…” he should take time to think it over and make decision right before that girl called him again. Now that he knew his baby was okay, at least he could breathe comfortably from now on.

 

^----^

 

It's KyuMin agaiiiiin~ XD hope you like it~

Anyway, I can't update next week because I have tests -___-

Soooo~ happy reading~ ^^