Chapter 18

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

“He’s here.” Yuri smirked. She was in his new apartment already, and as soon as she stepped inside her house, she took his phone and dialed someone’s number. She got excited when the person across there picked up her phone.

 

“He’s there, really? Did you meet him?”

 

“I visited his house, and he was there, smiling and laughing with the owner of the house. He’s healthy, don’t worry. I know I was right.”

 

“Thanks God...” she heard the other sighing. “Thank you for the information, Yuri. You’re really helpful.”

 

“You’re very welcome, dear.”

 

^----^

 

Sungmin was helping his friend bringing a newly arrived package inside when someone came in. That person examined the café for a while before he took a seat further from the door. He was wearing a black coat and jeans, face half covered by the blue scarf he worn, and the rest of his face was covered too with a black glasses. What the hell, Sungmin thought. It was hot out here but he was wearing such a costume. Was he costume-playing or sick or just crazy? Even crazy people didn’t wear those expensive clothes. He continued his works, though, for the rest of the day.

 

Nichkhun, the friend of his in the workplace, smiled at him after he changed. “You’re shift is over already?” the foreigner man asked him still with his famous smile. His smile only famous around the girls, though. Even though Sungmin was a gay, but he could only see Eunhyuk.

 

“Yeah. I have to go home.” He smiled back at Nichkhun. Nichkhun was the first friend he had back then when he applied for the job. Nichkhun was five years older than him, alone in this big city. But Sungmin heard that he had a cousin here, but he never met his cousin.

 

“Why did you change your shift, Sungmin-ah? I heard you work only on weekend?”

 

“Yeah… something came up and I couldn’t make it for work if it’s not weekend.” Sungmin smiled dryly.

 

“Oh… I see.” Nichkhun nodded his head slowly. “Good luck with your school, by the way.”

 

“Thanks.” He smiled widely before he packed his things and prepared to go home. But his eyes stopped at something—or someone in this case. He frowned. The person in his full outfit was somehow familiar. Even though Sungmin couldn’t see the face, but the man was… he met him somewhere, he swore. He ran outside for examining the man closer.

 

Oh well, he was this curious, indeed. Because this was not the first time the man came to this café when he worked, so he just wanted to know. Maybe he wanted to talk to Sungmin. Who knows?

 

However, when Sungmin thought the man wouldn’t see him from the place he was now, somebody else walked to him in almost no sound, a smirk appeared on his handsome face. He stopped behind the orange hair, looking at the person Sungmin looked at. He just wanted to tease the older boy, actually, but he would step back if Sungmin had problem right now, but it seemed like he was free, right? But hey, who did Sungmin look at? Don’t tell him that Sungmin stalked that man? Oh… didn’t that Sungmin like Eunhyuk, hm? Then who was that guy?

 

Oh, stop it already.

 

“So what are you doing here, beauty?” he asked on Sungmin’s ear as for surprising the older boy and congrats, brat, because you succeed! Sungmin jerked his head towards him, mouth wide agape as he found out whom was the interrupter. “Am I that handsome for you to bear, beauty?”

 

“K-Kyuhyun…”

 

Hell yes, that person was Kyuhyun. Cho ing Kyuhyun, to be exact.

 

“Hello for you too.” Kyuhyun smirked. Oh how he loved to tease Sungmin like this. He even wriggled his eyebrows just to see blush on Sungmin’s cheeks. “You haven’t answered my question, beauty.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“God, where are your brilliant brain, Sungmin? Even my handsomeness distracts you this much?” Kyuhyun shook his head. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I-I…” , why did he stutter like this? Even Eunhyuk couldn’t do this to him. Eunhyuk could easily make him laugh, not being nervous like this. This dude was sure… unbelievable.

 

“You’re the 246th person who head over heels for me.” His smirk got wider. Geez this guy was surely is something. “Oh, look! Your co-worker approaches the man you stalked before.” Kyuhyun pointed at the said men. “Do you think they have a special relationship?”

 

“W-what? Who is stalking him?!” finally Sungmin back to himself. He almost yelled on Kyuhyun’s ear if only Nichkhun and the mysterious man weren’t there. “I was just curious because the man seemed like to be there when I worked…” he unconsciously pouted as he put his eyes back to the mysterious man. Nichkhun was really standing there before the man, face hardened. What were they doing?

 

“Maybe the man after you? Since you’re this… dense.” Kyuhyun smirked again as he glanced the older boy. Man, how Kyuhyun wanted to kiss those pouty lips and pinch those chubby cheeks which puffed when he pouted.

 

“Who’s dense, you brat?” he said in annoyed tone but he still looked cute, though. “Tch… and here I think you’re more mature than Lee Donghae.”

 

“I am.” Kyuhyun shrugged. He was proud, of course. Hence, a little gift wouldn’t hurt, right? So he leaned over. “Say, do you like it when my stupid cousin kissed your roommate?” he said in husky voice sending shivers down the orange hair’s spine.

 

“H-huh?” Sungmin widened his eyes. He couldn’t believe his ears. What that supposed to mean? That his emotion was just like an opened book that easy to read? That he looked in deep hurt which was inviting Kyuhyun to do something back to Donghae and Eunhyuk?

 

“Oh, that person is coming out!” Kyuhyun quickly dragged Sungmin to the nearest alley, hiding them from the mysterious man. He covered Sungmin by making him facing him instead the café, at least the man didn’t know Kyuhyun, did he? But that was wrong for Sungmin. Because he suddenly felt his heart jumped inside his ribcage, as if waiting for someone to tie it up. , Sungmin cursed. He couldn’t let Kyuhyun go near him again if this thing went like this.

 

“K-Kyuhyun, you’re too close…” Sungmin tried to push Kyuhyun by his chest but the latter didn’t budge at all.

 

“What? I can’t hear you.” Kyuhyun replied without giving a look at the shorter yet older boy. “Think it over, don’t talk at all. Or I yell so that man and your co-worker will come here and see you here. Do you want it?” this time Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin intently, who got a brief nod from Sungmin. He was cute that Kyuhyun needed to bite his bottom lip to hold back his desire. No, how could it appear in such condition? He cursed himself under his breath.

 

“H-hey, Kyuhyun… maybe the man has gone?” Sungmin mumbled slowly, afraid Kyuhyun would do another stupid thing to him. But Kyuhyun heard him anyway.

 

Kyuhyun, after got his control back, stared back at Sungmin and examined in front of the café. He was right, the mysterious man was gone. But there was Sungmin’s co-worker weeping on the street. “You’re right…” Kyuhyun nodded slightly. “So, because the man is already gone, why don’t we have fun for the rest of the day?” he wriggled his eyes as he put his right hand beside Sungmin’s head. Sungmin was speechless. What was that about? He didn’t hear it wrong, did he? Kyuhyun asked him out, really?!

 

“W-why so sudden…?” he asked shyly. This boy was really tempting. What with his shyness which showed his aegyo that much? Kyuhyun couldn’t hold his desire too long.

 

“Because I said so.” He pulled the smaller boy by wrist towards the busy road, his brain already planned for their activities when they arrived to the still secret place for Sungmin. He smirked, eager to see Sungmin’s expression when they got their destination.

 

“B-but I have to t-take care of Taemin!” Sungmin tried to talk with Kyuhyun but the former didn’t answer him. “Yah! I said Taemin needed me!”

 

“Let him be for today,” he heard Kyuhyun replied. “Your roommate is home, right?”

 

“But Eunhyuk isn’t home! He has a work to do until five.”

 

“Your other roommates?” Oh yeah, he forgot about Heechul. “I know there’s a guy-like-girl.”

 

“B-but…”

 

“We’ll find something good for Taemin, okay? So now can you just follow me? You blabbering like this aren’t making me happy, you know.”

 

“S-sorry…”

 

^----^

 

“Taemin-ah~ I missed you soooooooo much~” Sungmin rushed to the said person as soon as he stepped inside. He hugged the baby, earning a giggle from the cute creature. He didn’t forget kissing those chubby cheeks before he put Taemin down and showed him what he got from his unofficial date with Kyuhyun.

 

“Where have you been, Sungmin?” the interrogator, you know who, asked in suspicious tone. He was right to be suspicious about Sungmin. Since outside was dark already and he wasn’t like someone who just got back from his work. Heechul knew Sungmin would be home at two in the noon, and he only had one job in the weekend. He usually went back straightly home, but today was exception.

 

“Sorry hyung for not telling you…” Sungmin smiled apologetically. “I was going to go home but suddenly Kyuhyun came and asked me to company him. And so…” he ended with a shrug.

 

“Kyuhyun? The neighbor across us?” Heechul frowned. First it was Eunhyuk, and then now Sungmin? They got separate like this because of third wheel? This is .

 

“Yeah, it’s him. I said I had to go home because Taemin must be waited for me, but he said it would be better to buy him an apologize gift.”

 

“And why did he ask you?”

 

“I don’t know.” Sungmin shook his head. He could feel Heechul’s dark aura emitted across the room. Heechul acted like this too when Donghae… kissed Eunhyuk. Was he mad because he didn’t tell him? Or because he went out with Kyuhyun? He couldn’t make a point.

 

Heechul sighed. Now his cousin looked like a real best friend of Sungmin, really. Only best friend. Tch… things got complicated. “Eunhyuk hasn’t home yet. I thought he was with you.”

 

Sungmin titled his head. Eunhyuk hadn’t home yet? His shift ended at five and it was eight. Where could he be? He frowned. “I… don’t know where he is…”

 

“Yeah? I think you two are friends?” Heechul snorted. Wow, those guys were amazing. They did lovey-dovey things, then met someone new, and then let each other easily like they never felt anything. Life is unbelievable, indeed.

 

“I-I…”

 

“Just let him be,” Heechul cut him off. “I bet he’s with Donghae right now because if Donghae didn’t stalk Eunhyuk, he would be in Kyuhyun’s place. But since Kyuhyun was with you all day, it’s impossible for Donghae to be there without Kyuhyun because I can see he doesn’t really like it if Donghae is around. And now you two have dates behind your friends’ back…” he looked fantasized something in his mind. “I wonder what Eunhyuk will say if he knows about your date today.”

 

“It’s not a date…” Sungmin mumbled with head down, a bad feeling crept through his body. He was afraid Heechul would tell Eunhyuk about this and his relationship between them got more awkward. He didn’t want it at all.

 

“And I wonder what will you say if you know about Eunhyuk’s date today.” Heechul suppress every word. He smirked as he saw a horror expression of Sungmin’s. He just wanted those two back to normal. But with Kyuhyun and Donghae, that thing would be just a blurred hope. “Do you think he will say the truth to you?”

 

Sungmin held his breath. Would Eunhyuk tell the truth? His blood stopped running inside his vein. What if Eunhyuk told him lies? What if Eunhyuk hid everything from him? Suddenly a bulge formed in his throat, blocking him from gulping down his saliva. His heart shred into pieces as he imagined Eunhyuk who was opening door and smiling to him, but he then walked pass him. He didn’t greet him cheerfully like usually he did. He was too far to be reached.

 

“I trust him.” Sungmin said it unconsciously. He trusted Eunhyuk. They were friends, so there wasn’t reason to not trusting his friend. “I really do trust him.” Heechul raised his eyebrows. Did Sungmin really trust his cousin? And he was seriously curious about where Eunhyuk could be right now because he hadn’t informed him at all. But Sungmin…

 

He didn’t look how Heechul smiled after he said that, though.

 

^----^

 

It's KyuMin~~~~ XD le spaz =))

Anywaaaay~ seems like a week is too long for this short update, right? ==a but I have no time if it's not weekend =3= And actually, I should take a bath right now because I still have school today, lol. But it's an update for youuu~ :*

Happy reading~ :3