Chapter 2

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

Eunhyuk’s PoV

 

“Hey you!” Someone shouted at my back, earning glares from the other student that sat near my table. I turned my head, and growled. That Lee ing Donghae again. What the hell he wants this time? I already showed everything to him. And I’m sure I had no problems with him. Didn’t my assign end, then? What the hell he wants?!

 

“What?” I answered with flat tone. Well, I didn’t see any interesting thing to talk to him happily. He didn’t seem upset even a little. I mean, if I did something wrong or said something bad he would look upset, right? And if I hadn’t finished show him everything at school he would look confused. But no, he looked normal. “Something’s wrong?”

 

“Seems like you forgot what your job here, don’t you?”

 

“No I am not.” I answered flatly. “I am not assign to any job you talked about, and if you are talking about the thing I-should-accompany-you, I think it’s a break time. You know, lunch…” And I seriously talked about lunch here. First, of course, because I want to see my bun—Sungmin. Second, I want to meet my friends. And well, I want to have my lunch too. My strawberry milk. Anything I could get.

 

“But shouldn’t you show me the canteen? You didn’t tell me where the canteen is!”

 

“So?” I had no patient anymore hey, foreigner! I have my own life! Couldn’t you ask another student where the canteen is? You have that ing mouth! Oh, really… “You have mouth, Mr. Lee. You could ask the other. Now please, I have something to do here.”

 

“What the—pshh, whatever.” The hard-headed Lee finally gone! How I hope he didn’t transferred here instead. I wouldn’t have bothered, right? And now seems like I have to explain something to the other. Look, Sungmin eyed me suspiciously. He surely wanted to know why that crazy boy approached me, didn’t he? Hahahaha—I think I got excited.

 

“Who was that, Hyukkie?” Leeteuk hyung asked; even that I hoped Sungmin is the one who ask me. That’s normal, isn’t it?

 

“The new guy, Lee Donghae.” I answered, with a slight shrug. “Mr. Kwon asked me to show our school to him. It is because I failed at Physics last time.” I sighed. It is true. I got tutor with Kibum after that, but it seemed like I improved nothing in his class. And then, of course, this happened. “You know how he acted like a child when he wanted to go to the toilet? He even told me to wait him outside.”

 

“So basically he needs you while you sit here with your beloved best friend?” Kangin asked, glancing a little to Sungmin to give the meaning of Eunhyuk’s beloved best friend. Well, everybody knew this—knew who Sungmin is to Eunhyuk. “Isn’t it heard a little…”

 

“What?” Eunhyuk glared at Kangin. “Just eat your food, will you? Just leave me alone. Don’t ever mention that damn name again.”

 

“But Hyukkie, you can let him sit here, you know.” Leeteuk gave him an advice. “It’s not nice to let the new guy walking around by himself. What if someone bully him and then he goes to the principal office and reports that you didn’t with him when he needs someone to tell him everything? What if then you called to the principal office and you get detention for that from Mr. Kwon?”

 

“Hyung, could that thing be more complicated? You exaggerated it.” I just shrugged my shoulder and rolled my eyes towards him. He is exaggerating. That brat probably just sat there quietly, alone, glancing towards here with annoyed face. Figured.

 

“I just predict something, Eunhyuk! I just don’t want you get in any troubles.”

 

“Eunhyuk-ah, apologize! Leeteuk just concern to you!” Kangin hyung then said; he wouldn’t forget to defense his lover, anyway. “Respect to your hyungs!”

 

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Well, apologizing to Leeteuk hyung didn’t that bad as you apologizing to Kangin hyung or Heechul hyung. They wouldn’t let you forgave easily, I swear. “I will help him if he needs any help, hyung. Don’t worry.” Just made sure they wouldn’t interfere my problem for now.

 

End of PoV

 

^----^

 

It was only ten more minutes before class ended. Sungmin sat silently on his chair, his eyes didn’t left the board and his notebook, his right hand writing endlessly. Oh yes, he probably didn’t want everything forgotten when the test come. It is important to note everything on class, especially the subject you don’t really understand. Or something to keep in mind like history or biology or such. Sungmin indeed like something like that. Something that could be memorize.

 

Different with Hyukjae, who right now was dozed off on his desk, didn’t even pay attention to his teacher, Mr. Jung. His name had been called for three times already because of that, but he didn’t stop. And what the most bothering thing for Eunhyuk right now, when he finally aware of what time now? The new guy’s stare. Why would that guy stared at Eunhyuk? That is weird. Eunhyuk only glared back and glanced at Sungmin, who still busy noted everything on board. He smiled—how he liked this view. Sungmin with brows furrowed, his bottom lip between his teeth, fully concentration on his note. Sometimes titled his head when he got something wrong on his notebook, and then he would erase them. It is funny how Sungmin smiled when he finished with his note and prepared to go home…

 

“Hyuk, you’re staring again.” Kibum, who sat behind Eunhyuk, said as he walked away from his desk. “It’s too obvious, hyung. You should at least only glance at him, not staring for almost five minutes.”

 

“Hyukkie~” Sungmin sang a song as he approached the said man with his sweet smile, his bunny teeth showed. “Let’s go~ you promised to cook me ramyun—do you remember?” Sungmin said cutely to Eunhyuk—did he forget he wants to be more mature? Well, screw it.

 

“Well? Buy me strawberry milk first, Min.” Eunhyuk grinned slightly—how he loved Sungmin’s pout. And yes, Sungmin then pouted, his face is really cute when he pouted. Eunhyuk just wanted to pinch those chubby cheeks of Sungmin’s when Sungmin pouted. Or kiss his cheeks. Or kiss those damn delicious lips. Eunhyuk, control yourself.

 

“But you didn’t say anything about strawberry milk this morning.” Sungmin whined cutely—he even playfully pulled Eunhyuk’s uniform. “You just said you will cook me lunch and now I want ramyun~”

 

“Okay, okay, little bunny. I’ll make you some. Do you want kimchi? I’ll ask Hyoyeon if she has some.” Hyoyeon is a girl who lived next to Sungmin and Eunhyuk’s apartment. She lived with his grandmother who just turned 65 last week, and a sister named Seohyun. Hyoyeon is just as old as Sungmin and Eunhyuk, while Seohyun is younger by a year. They are very nice to Sungmin and Eunhyuk, and Eunhyuk always asks Hyoyeon for kimchi if he wants some. Hyoyeon is Eunhyuk’s mate from his dance club at school, and they are famous with dancing-machine-thingy. Sometimes they go practice together.

 

“Kimchi will be very nice, Hyukkie.” Sungmin smiled. “But if Hyoyeon gives us some. You know, I’m worried with her grandmother. If she gives us many foods, then what will they eat?”

 

“Sungmin-ah, you think too much.” Eunhyuk said as he patted Sungmin’s head. He chuckled at his friends-slash-roommate’s cuteness. It seemed everything he does is cute. “Just let me handle it, okay? You can just… stay still? Clean your room, yeah. Clean your room. Or anything else.”

 

^----^

 

Sungmin and Eunhyuk just arrived at their apartment when they were stop walking, hand in hand, to look at something strange rested in front of their door. It was like someone just put it down there and ran away, didn’t even find out about whose room it is. Sungmin cringe his nose when something inside the crane—yes, it was a crane—moved a bit, a thick blanket covered the opened part of the crane. Sungmin kneel down, hesitate looking inside the crane while Eunhyuk just stood there, hold on Sungmin’s hand and ready to pull it whenever if something bad happen.

 

“Don’t touch it!” Eunhyuk pulled Sungmin back when Sungmin about to touch the crane. Sungmin turned his head towards Eunhyuk, his doe-eyes blinked repeatedly.

 

“B-but it’s… crying…” Sungmin blinked more, smiling smugly before he put away the blanket, revealing a six months baby, a baby boy who squirmed when Sungmin carefully picked it up. Eunhyuk had his jaw on the floor when Sungmin showed him the baby, gulping an imaginary bulge in his throat. “Look, Hyukkie~ how cute~”

 

There’s nothing cuter than you Min, Eunhyuk would say that if he didn’t notice how Sungmin happily rocked the baby in his arms. “Sungmin… shouldn’t we ask the landlord about the baby? He may be needs his mother now. Surely when he wakes up later he will cry.” Eunhyuk’s eyes didn’t leave the baby boy in Sungmin’s embrace, a bit jealous because Sungmin was embracing other than him right now, and what? The baby snuggled to Sungmin! Eunhyuk wanted snuggle to Sungmin too.

 

“You’re right. What if his mother searched for him? Then should we—”

 

“What are you two doing here? Aren’t you going in? oh, what a cute baby~” Hyoyeon appeared from his door, just about to throw out the trash when she saw the roommates stood up in the corridor. “Whose baby is that?”

 

“Not ours.” Eunhyuk answered immediately. For seventeen teenagers like him it’s indeed a weird thing to have a baby. For him seventeen years old is just too early to have one. He didn’t have any girlfriends yet.

 

“What? Of course it is not yours! How could two men have a baby?” Hyoyeon glared at Eunhyuk, who just rolled his eyes in amusement. It is better if Hyoyeon knew it. Two men are impossible to have a child. And Eunhyuk just found it amused. Why? Because he partly wanted a child after he marriage but he wants to marriage to Sungmin. So why? They could adopt children later.

 

“Look! There’s something on the crane! Is this a letter?” Sungmin picked something from the crane—a letter, he is right. “Lee Taemin… six months… a boy… okay… what? Europe? So what?! If you have to go to Europe then you have to hand your son to another?! Sick woman!” Sungmin mumbled to himself as he read the letter. After he read the letter, he gave the letter to Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk, and then nuzzled the baby’s cheek. “Taemin-ah, right? Welcome home~”

 

“What are you talking about? We can’t just let stranger get in to our apartment!”

 

“Hyukkie, Taemin is not a stranger! He needs someone to look after him, and who will that be? We, of course! Hyoyeon’s grandmother won’t let another person come to their family, trust me. I don’t think Seohyun likes kids, anyway.” Sungmin shrugged his shoulder.

 

“You are right. Seohyun doesn’t like kids—she normally gets annoyed when a child visited our apartment. So why don’t you two take him? I think it will be better. You have Sungmin who likes kid, and no matter what you’d say to him, he will bring the baby in.” Hyoyeon patted Eunhyuk’s shoulder, smiled apologetically to him. Hyoyeon must be understood how hard to convince Sungmin to just let the baby go. But well, since Eunhyuk loved Sungmin, he would do anything to make Sungmin smiles. Anything, yeah—anything he wanted.

 

“You know, I think Taemin needs to go inside. His sleep will be disturbed in no time, and he wi—” just then, Taemin cried so suddenly, making Eunhyuk blinked his eyes in confusion, while Hyoyeon shook her heads, amused. “Come on, Hyukkie. While you making ramyun for me, I will be changing Taemin’s diaper.” Sungmin said happily, as he rocked Taemin’s body and entered their shared apartment.

 

“Good luck, Eunhyuk-ah.” Hyoyeon patted Eunhyuk’s back once more before she went away, leaving Eunhyuk with so many thoughts in his mind, running in circles. What if tomorrow Taemin’s mother comes and brings Taemin back with her? Would Sungmin be sad? What if the landlord hears about Taemin and wants to meet him? And what if the landlord then takes Taemin to the police office? Oh god, there is too many what ifs in Eunhyuk’s mind. Sighing heavily, Eunhyuk just entered his apartment, welcomed by image of Sungmin hugged Taemin in the living room, singing him some lullaby. Eunhyuk just smiled. May be it wouldn’t so bad to have Taemin with them.

 

^----^

A/N: yes, it's double update XD