Chapter 19

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

Donghae leaned his back on the lockers to wait for Kibum and Siwon. He knew he shouldn’t have agreed to accompany him bringing something for Siwon because hell, he had waited for them almost a half hour, Kibum hadn’t seen yet, and he knew very well Siwon was . Couldn’t they hold it until the bell rang? Now with them busy inside there (“It is toilet, for nemo’s sake! They shouldn’t do it here!”) Donghae couldn’t tell whatever he wanted to Kibum. Today was hard for him, indeed. Okay he was happy yesterday, but nobody wanted to hear him out for whatever held inside his heart. He was eager to tell everybody about it but nobody was here with him.

 

“Hello there!”

 

Donghae turned his head towards the voice’s source. There was a dancer from dance club. “Hey,” he greeted back. It was a guy named Key from the freshman year. He was alone, unusually. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m going to the practice room, actually. I heard there’s a competition and at least three couples have to be formed before Wednesday. Why aren’t you there?” Key stopped walking.

 

“Really? I… nobody informed me…”

 

“Then c’mon~ we’ve to hurry because you don’t want Eunhyuk-sunbae mad, right?”

 

Yeah, right, Donghae mused.

 

They walked together to the practice room in silence. They didn’t really talk when they practicing, actually. Key mostly spent his time with his partner, Lee Taemin, while Donghae spent his time by practicing seriously and sometimes glancing at Eunhyuk. Oh well, ‘y’ must be added, actually.

 

“Key-hyung, you’re here~” Taemin ran forwards as they got in the practice room. “Finally you’re here! I was waiting for you.”

 

Donghae was smiling—even though both of them looked like ukes for him, but they were so sweet. He wondered what if Eunhyuk did that every time they met. Must be very cute and entertaining. The fact, Lee Donghae, Eunhyuk was in the corner with a note book in his hand and a pencil in his another hand, didn’t even see you coming inside as you wish. But it’s okay, Hae, because it will change soon, hahaha. He smirked, okay, and thanks to Kyuhyun for showing it too often.

 

“Hello there, cute leader.” Donghae mused as he approached the said leader. Yes, he was the leader since the new semester. He was happy, so was Sungmin.

 

Eunhyuk lifted his head. The hell… what was he doing here? He didn’t tell him to come, did he? He knew he shouldn’t be a childish just because he was… his enemy, but still! Okay, fine, let him be.

 

“Hyukkie~” Donghae whined as he got no replies.

 

WHAT?! HOW DARE HIM… HE CALLED ME ‘HYUKKIE’?!

 

Okay, calm down, Hyuk, because he wouldn’t know your heart just by you shouting in your mind. And Eunhyuk did control everything in just a second. “And why are you here? I don’t think I have sent you texts.”

 

“Yeah, right.” The brunette one nodded his head. “But why~~~? I told you my number already, no?”

 

“I forgot.” He answered easily. He was busy, Donghae, so stop asking such unimportant question like that. “Everyone, gather here, please.”

 

Everybody did what Eunhyuk said. It was rare for the practice room being this quiet. “Okay, so… we have competition here for next month, do you think it will be okay for us to participate? It informed that three groups can be participated from the same club. So?” Eunhyuk, being the leader he is, explained for everyone there. Donghae almost drooled for it.

 

“Why not? It’s a good opportunity for us.” Hyoyeon shrugged her shoulders. Everyone agreed.

 

“What the theme, Hyuk?” Yunho asked as he tried to take a look the flier.

 

“It’s Dangerous Friendship.” Eunhyuk read carefully. “Couple dance, but… from the same gender? I-I… what?”

 

“Same gender?” BoA asked out loud. “Really? Then that means… a girl pairs with a girl, and boys also got paired?”

 

“Woah… That’s why it called Dangerous Friendship… just like the program my sister watched last night.” Kikwang nodded his head as he took a look the flier again.

 

“Why don’t you pair up with Donghae, Hyuk? I think you two will be spectacular!” It was Yunho who said that out of the blue. The other was looking at his direction, but in the end they agreed. Oh well, Eunhyuk, you wouldn’t be burdened, indeed.

 

“Yeah, right! You two are classmates, right? I bet you two talk often.” Shindong was agreeing. And that was the horrible thing Eunhyuk wanted. Because everyone would say yes at everything Shindong said. Then it wouldn’t be ‘no’ from him.

 

Oh God, why are you so cruel to me?! Eunhyuk shouted in his mind.

 

“…Fine.” Eunhyuk sighed. Geez.

 

“How about you, Hae? Can you?” Shindong turned to ask the fishy boy who smiled widely. He nodded his head excitedly. “It settles, then. The first pair is Eunhyuk and Donghae, the second pair…” Eunhyuk didn’t hear the rest. He was surely screwed.

 

^----^

 

“So here the bunny is hiding, huh?”

 

Sungmin snapped his head towards the voice. He was in the library, trying to find the book he needed for his History subject when somebody came into him. “Aaaah, you… don’t do that again.” Sungmin almost whined at the smiling boy before him. “What are you doing here? We’ve finished our project, right?”

 

“Just a little touch, then everything will be perfect.” The boy said proudly. “Anyway Sungmin, I’m thinking about visiting your house today. I know we have nothing to do, but I just… er… miss Taemin! Yeah… I miss Taemin already.” The speaking boy was grinning. Sungmin could tell something was hidden in his words, but he couldn’t tell it. “Can I?”

 

“It’s strange for you to visit him three times a week, actually… are you happened to be his relatives? Or worse… his father?!” Sungmin couldn’t believe himself—how could he?! How could he say it loud to the person who shouldn’t know about this all!

 

“What? Father?” oops… now Jungmo knew it, Sungmin. What he should do? If Jungmo knew, wouldn’t it be bad because he wasn’t really a person who could keep anything? But Jungmo was his friend. “You said he’s your relative, right? What about me?”

 

“I-it… I-I mean… you…” Sungmin fidgeted with his uniform. What should he say? Telling him everything and being a nerd after because no one could believe him? Please—it was 2012! Who the hell left his/her baby in front of a stranger door?

 

“Me what, Sungmin?” Jungmo pushed him out.

 

“You… sound like one.” He breathed out. “You sound like Taemin’s relative for me.”

 

“Is that? I think I have no similarities with Taemin, though.” He shrugged. Thanks God for making Jungmo stopped pushing him.

 

“A-anyway! What time you’ll in my place? I need to pick him up if you want to see him.” Sungmin flashed his sweetest smile for hiding every vein that pumped so hard because of nervousness. “Do you want to have lunch in my place?”

 

“I’ll bring one, how?” he offered quickly. “Let me buy something for lunch today.”

 

Sungmin nodded. “Fine.”

 

^----^

 

Sungmin sighed as for no reply he had waited since he left the school. He needed to run errands before he could pick Taemin up in the day take care, hoping Eunhyuk could get Taemin there but he received no text. He texted Eunhyuk already, but it seemed like the blonde one was busy. He didn’t know what he was doing, but he worried. He worried over Taemin and his roommates. Heechul was busy as usual in the café with his boyfriend, and no words could convince him to pick Taemin up, believe me. And so he ended up here, in a random grandmother’s house after he sent the package, waiting for the deliver fee. It was his fourth, and the fifth was the last before he could go home. His boss said he could deliver at least 5 packages per day if he still wanted the job. And so he did.

 

He looked at his wristwatch. Fifteen more minutes until Jungmo’s arrival, and he had no more time to just buy snacks. And so after he said thank you to the grandmother, he ran as fast as he could to the day take care. He was excited to meet Taemin after a busy day. He was turned in the corner of the way when he noticed something. Someone was following him.

 

Who is that? Sungmin thought. He was in hurry but he couldn’t careless.

 

He stopped for awhile and took a look, but nobody was there. Everyone who passed him just walked casually. He frowned. But he could someone was following him! Who could that be? And why someone was following him instead walking beside him? He started walking again. He hoped no one after his money just because he was a lonely high schooler.

 

“WAAAAAAA!” Sungmin jumped back. His hand clutched his clothed chest tightly, panting as he too shocked for facing someone’s face.

 

“And here I think you’re so brave to take care of Taemin even you don’t know whose baby he is.” That Cho ing Kyuhyun rolled his eyes before Sungmin as if he was the bravest guy in the world. So why being freaked out? It was normal, and it had nothing to do with you!

 

“You!”

 

“Yeah, it’s me, Cho Kyuhyun.” He snorted. “You got amnesia just because of a little bump like that? You’re a boy, Sungmin.”

 

“Shut up!” Sungmin stomped his foot, planning on leaving the taller boy. He didn’t care if that brat would say any disturbing thing—he wouldn’t care!

 

Kyuhyun smirked at the manner. He didn’t know this boy was naturally cute. He thought the older guy was making up everything so he looked cute. But he seemed… cute as it. Well, as long as he wasn’t aging, that is. He made his way next to the smaller boy. “Where are you going?”

 

“None of your business.” Sungmin unconsciously pouted. He was upset, for his bunny collection’s sake! Why the hell exactly that brat was here? He was making everything worse.

 

“Alright… you choose to me follow you instead, no?” Kyuhyun smirked again. It was fun to make fun of him. “You love being stalked, don’t you?” a snort would be nice for making him more upset. Ck, Kyuhyun, did you think Sungmin was going to hear every-evil-thing you said? I don’t think so.

 

Sungmin stopped walking, though. And that when I realized I shouldn’t say such things.

 

Sungmin turned his head; eyes became a slit as he eyeing the younger boy. He couldn’t believe it—what did he say? He loved being stalked? And then that made he be the stalker, right? He was crazy. “What if I do?” he challenged. “Tch… brat.”

 

“I know I am.” He said proudly. Actually nobody said that out loud on his face. They would run their off when Kyuhyun glared at him, believe me. Sungmin was the first. “You know, you’re cute actually. Even in this state, I find it you’re cute.” He started slowly, eyes glancing at now blushing face of his sunbae. “Especially if you mad, you look cuter. You look like an elementary schooler for me.”

 

“W-what?!” Sungmin smacked Kyuhyun’s arm with a pout. Ouch, that must be hurt. “You brat! Stay away from me!” he pushed Kyuhyun away before he stomped his foot again, almost running for he too frustrated being around him. But he didn’t look the way he took. Three bikes were heading to him, and the bikers didn’t look care enough to control their bike kindly. He was almost got hit if only no arms hugged his waist and pulled him into a stranger’s embrace which is… strangely warm for him.

 

No, don’t this kind of feeling, please…

It makes me weak…

The feeling of being needed and loved…

No…

 

Sungmin’s shoulders were shaking. He couldn’t hold back his tears… why? A hug definitely was his weakness. His feeling was suddenly burst out, and he couldn’t hold it anymore. He wasn’t the type who could easily tell his feeling to people around him, yet here he was, hugging with Cho Kyuhyun, the evil brat, sobbing endlessly like a little child. His stress about Eunhyuk was suddenly leaped out, causing him having no balance and so he clutched Kyuhyun’s uniform. He was desperate.

 

“Sshh…” he could feel Kyuhyun’s hot breath on his ear. “It’s okay… you’re save. I’m here.” He Sungmin’s back lovingly, saying shooting words for making the orange hair stop crying. He didn’t know what the problem was. He was confused, indeed, but he shouldn’t ask more. He just let Sungmin hug him until he felt better.

 

Though they didn’t see who was looking at them from the corner.

 

^----^

 

Finally can post this chapter~ >O< I'm a bit of down actually, for IU and Eunhyuk's photo -___- I don't know--this sounds like something is being made up. I don't know .___. I just know it's a misunderstanding, but I have no proofs -___- something is fishy, I don't know why =A=

 

Anywaaaay--at least Enhyuk in this story doesn't know IU =)) I'm cheering my self up by reading and writing here =)) EunHae will be still existed, anyway~ hahaha :D

Happy reading, all~ ^^