Chapter 31

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

“What…”

 

Kyuhyun stopped pushed the key to his door. He was just coming from school with Sungmin and chose to separated for preparing tonight’s dinner—he would bring something, that maybe Sungmin like. Maybe. What should he bring, then? An appetizer? Or should he bring a wine instead? He knew Sungmin couldn’t drink too much alcohol, so should he? He smirked. Yes, he should. You are really an evil, Cho Kyuhyun.

 

But Sungmin’s sweet voice distracted him, and so he turned his head towards the frozen boy before the door and two ladies inside the door which wide opened. Kyuhyun stood behind Sungmin, eyeing the intruders who was completely stranger for him (blame his game for this) but the intruders were all smiling to them. Kyuhyun frowned. He swore he knew one of them—but who? Her face was familiar but he couldn’t tell it.

 

“Hey, Sungmin-sshi!” the intruder who had a black hair greeted the owner of the house, “and oh, hi, neighbor!” where was Heechul, anyway? He didn’t think that Heechul would do this again (leaving Taemin with a completely stranger) even though he left Taemin here in their place. But still! He shouldn’t do that. What if the ladies kidnapped Taemin? Sungmin would be down and maybe he wouldn’t attend school for searching for Taemin. He would lose some weights and he looked pale and… he couldn’t imagine more.

 

“V-Victoria… Song?” Sungmin said unbelievably, mouth gaped with widened eyes, completely surprised by the babysitters today. He thought Heechul would leave him a note to tell him that Taemin was in the day take care with Taeyeon because Hankyung had already picked him up but no. He found two babysitters instead, one of them was currently known as a model in Korea even though she wasn’t a Korean. It was… surprising for him yet he felt something was wrong with their existent here. It wasn’t like they could go inside and… who was Victoria actually? How could he be here in his house without any—yeah, of course. The neighbor. Of course.

 

“A-ah… Sungmin-sshi,” the neighbor opened up his voice, realizing it was awkward as soon as Sungmin said her model’s name. “It’s Victoria Song… yeah… she’s…” she turned her head towards the said model. What should she introduce her? It wasn’t like he didn’t know about Victoria that she could easily trick him. “She’s my friend. Has no schedule today that she decided to visit me after two years haven’t met.” She shrugged. Sungmin would believe it, she knew. “And so suddenly Heechul told me to look after Taemin until you or Eunhyuk-sshi comes home.”

 

“Really?” Sungmin frowned. It wasn’t Heechul if he didn’t tell him about it at all because he had made a mistake. But then again he couldn’t know if Heechul forgot or something. It could be that Heechul was too engross with Hankyung that made him forgot to text Sungmin. It could be right. “Then—”

 

“Then you guys can leave Taemin alone with us.” Kyuhyun cut him before he could say his grateful to the babysitters for accompanying Taemin when he wasn’t here. But snarky Kyuhyun was back, plus he didn’t believe strangers (except Sungmin, that’s it) so he thought he should kick out the strangers and shield Taemin from everything dangerous. Including the kidnappers. “It’s no use for you to still be here, right? The door wide opened, anyway,” he added after he pushed Sungmin in and left the door opened. He could see the uneasiness in their eyes, especially the blonde one. She glanced at Taemin once before they stepped out of the room, a little yet forced smile flashed before the door closed by the hand of the evil king.

 

“Yah! How rude!” Sungmin complained after he got his voice back. He was too shocked to hear Kyuhyun’s words. He wasn’t the type who could stand with rudeness, but this time his heart told him to follow Kyuhyun. To just listen to whatever Kyuhyun said. And he did, and he didn’t regret it though he didn’t stop scolding him. Well, it was his habit to scold the evil king, anyway.

 

“They’re strange and they’re strangers! How can I let them here? What if they took Taemin away? You would be crying over him and died right away, no?” he raised his eyebrows while he towered Sungmin who got his heart almost jumped out of his rib if only he didn’t step back. , this is killing him. He gulped. Since when did he like this? Since when did he go limp by just the stare he was receiving? Since when did his heart calling for the name he shouldn’t be care for?

 

Thankfully Taemin’s crying voice interrupted them so that Sungmin could escape from the evil maknae without giving any excuses. Meanwhile Kyuhyun was sighing heavily in his spot, his heart was beating loudly inside his heart like crazy and he knew what caused that. He knew exactly what caused that. But he smiled afterwards. He saw those glints on his eyes he hadn’t seen before, and somehow that gave him strength. He knew Sungmin changed. He just knew it.

 

^----^

 

“Because you told me you want to have dinner here tonight then you should help me make the dinner, alright?” Sungmin said after he put Taemin to bed for the baby was sleeping soundly after the cry he did, his hands busy putting out the groceries, telling his mate to help him with only a stare. Thanks the mate because he immediately helped him without any words. But when he heard what Sungmin said he stopped on his track, eyes narrowed at the owner of the house sharply. What did he say? How could he say that?

 

“What if I won’t?” Kyuhyun challenged. Hell, he didn’t know how to cook even ramyun, now how could he help his little bunny with the dinner?

 

Sungmin eyed him for a while. “Then you can go back to your little place and imagining your dinner tonight, Cho Kyuhyun.” He glanced at the door before he put the strawberry milk into the fridge, holding back his smile as he saw the brownish head rolled his eyes. Well, he thought he liked the gestures the younger showed every day. He just liked it, he didn’t know why.

 

“You should thank me for this later, Sungmin. Remember: you owe me this.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Sungmin answered lazily even though part of his heart was shouting crazily, telling him to see the younger one and smiled to him, telling him to say okay but hell he would do that. His ego won everything.

 

“Hey Sungmin-ah?”

 

“Call me hyung, you brat!” he scolded the younger one, but no effect. The brownish even chuckled at that. Sungmin puffed his cheeks in the end. “What?”

 

“Do you think it is okay of me to have a special friend in this age?” that question successfully stopped him. What did that mean? He needed a friend in this age? What for? And what was he implying at to ask such a question? It was not like he had been asked for that.

 

“Someone asked you out?” well, wondering about something wasn’t wrong, no? He was just curious about what makes his neighbor asked this kind of question out of the blue. It wasn’t his place to ask, he knew, but he couldn’t help it.

 

“Just answer it, okay?”

 

Sungmin pouted. What the hell was that? He demanded an answer but he didn’t help him to understand him. What a brat. “If… if you think it’s okay then it’s okay…” he still pouted. Who was asking Kyuhyun to go out, anyway?

 

“Really?” he seemed thought of that. He exhaled. “Then… should I start dating?”

 

What now? He intended to make him jealous or what? Because if he did, he wasn’t interested in whatever he wanted to tell. He tried to busy himself by arranging the bottles inside the fridge, eyes deaf to Kyuhyun’s words.

 

“Because there’s a girl confessed to me yesterday.” See? Sungmin’s thought was right. Someone confessed to him. So what? Did he think Sungmin would be jealous over it? No way would he jealous. Sungmin pouted more. Geez, he couldn’t believe himself he was upset. “But I said I have someone I like. Is that wrong?”

 

Somehow Sungmin blushed. Why did he blush again? He wasn’t thinking! It just happened that fast. It was as if Kyuhyun confessed to him but no way would Kyuhyun confess to him because the brownish head mentioned a girl. He was straight. “N-no… if you really like someone…” why did he stutter? He shouldn’t be this obvious of jealousy if he said he wasn’t jealous. Now that he stuttered Kyuhyun must be suspicious.

 

“I really like someone. I swear that someone is existed.” Kyuhyun made a V sign with his right hand to make Sungmin believed him.

 

“T-then… why don’t you confess to her?” Sungmin asked without giving him glance which Kyuhyun caught clearly.

 

Kyuhyun was smirking evilly. God, I love you, he said mentally. He then took lettuces and cereal box to the obviously stiffen Sungmin, smiling at the orange haired one before he gave the things he brought. His Sungmin was obviously avoiding him. Oh well, he would be upset if he hadn’t talked to Sungmin about the confession. But it was different—he knew what made his Sungmin that clumsy. The lettuces Kyuhyun handed him was almost hit the ground if Kyuhyun didn’t catch it.

 

“You know what? Because it is not a she.” He whispered seductively. Sungmin swallowed at the gesture. “And if I confessed, do you think he would accept me?”

 

“W-why not?” he stuttered again—tch, Cho Kyuhyun is probably playing with him. What was that with the whispering thing? Kyuhyun must be intentionally doing it.

 

The next thing he knew he was trapped in between Kyuhyun’s body and his fridge, Kyuhyun’s hands on his sides while the face was inches away from him that he believed if Kyuhyun moved closer their lips would be connected. What? What was this? Why did his heart give such a reaction to him? It shouldn’t be like this. He shouldn’t feel this way. But Kyuhyun’s face inches away from him didn’t help at all. The masculine smell from him brought confusions to his mind and heart which were starting to be uncontrollable.

 

“If you think I should confess to my crush, and I shouldn’t be worried if she’s a he, and that I won’t be rejected, then I’ll do everything you said, pumpkin.” Oh wow, another nickname. Sure you think a lot to get those nicknames, huh. Sungmin’s eyes widened by the time Kyuhyun’s face went closer. Kyuhyun stopped when he felt his nose touched Sungmin’s nose, a smile plastered on his handsome face right away. “Sungmin, I won’t  hear no from you. I’ll be your boyfriend from now on, and you’ll be my boyfriend, and you’re mine, so don’t ever think about another man. Got it?” Sungmin swallowed before he nodded his head though he wasn’t sure he did the right thing. “Good. Now that we’re boyfriends you won’t mind if I kiss you, right?” Kyuhyun put on his smirk. “But then again, why should I ask you if I can kiss you whenever I want to?”

 

Sungmin closed his eyes as he felt Kyuhyun’s lips on his. The kiss wasn’t that bad, he mused. Kyuhyun’s lips were so soft that he wanted more, he wanted to that reddish flesh of his that he started to addict to, he wanted to feel more of the flesh and insides. Unconsciously he kissed back because of the sensuality of Kyuhyun’s lips’ way on his lips, how another un-bone flesh appeared seconds later to touch his lips more, to feel it. He was enjoying the kiss. He let the flesh opened his lips, meeting the inpatient flesh which was waiting all along, dancing together like there was tomorrow. “Nghhh…” Sungmin moaned to the kiss. Kyuhyun was going crazy—why was Sungmin’s moan so tempting and making him turn on? His hands moved to Sungmin’s waist and Sungmin’s nape, deeper the kiss by angling his head so that he could ravish Sungmin’s mouth more. Their mixed saliva flowed from Sungmin’s mouth, flowing down his chin and neck, and Kyuhyun had to stop his kiss because of that. He Sungmin’s chin and neck, cleaning him from their saliva before his lips found Sungmin’s lips again.

 

Just then Sungmin hit his chest lightly because of lack of oxygen. He panted hardly, chest going up and down. Kyuhyun swallowed at the sight. , he couldn’t hold himself if Sungmin was beside him. But Sungmin’s eyes were searching something on his eyes. His Sungmin searching his lies, but he showed how serious he now. He showed him a smile he didn’t usually show, and so, to make his bunny believe all of this, he said softly, “I like—no, I love you, Lee Sungmin.” With that he sealed their kiss again, and so this time Sungmin circled his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck.

 

Erm… actually, Taemin was trying hard not to cry because he just jumped down Sungmin’s bed and now he had to find his so called umma.

 

^----^