Chapter 29

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

“Taemin-ah, what should I do?” Heechul mused as he stopped combing his rather long blonde hair in front of the mirror, glancing at the happily sleeping baby behind him through the mirror, sighing. He had date again today (since he took his absent from work today because Hankyung also took his absent) and so after Hankyung sent his parents a letter and some funds he had safe he asked Heechul to go out but Heechul didn’t want to be disturbed. And so what should he do with Taemin?

 

Letting the neighbor (again) for looking him after isn’t the best thing. The neighbor was schooling, anyway. How he should the neighbor taking care of Taemin? But there were neighbors here. He could choose, and he could freely go with Hankyung today. Just leave message for Sungmin and Eunhyuk—text them will be easier. Yeah, that should do.

 

He checked himself for the last time before he made his way to the front door. Someone pushed the bell. Who could that be?

 

“Hello there, neighbor~”

 

Oh… the chocolate-milk-skin neighbor. And what is that making this girl here in this hour? Look at that girl—smiling all along. “What makes you bravely push that bell of mine, hm?”

 

“Look, oppa,” she said cheerfully, too eager to tell Heechul what in her mind. Well, Heechul would probably close the door on her face if whatever in her mind disinterested him. “Your boyfriend is here!” oh, really? Then Heechul should go now. That was what you wanted right, chocolate-milk-skin?

 

“Yeah. So?”

 

“You’re going to go?” Heechul answered her by shrugging. “Taemin will probably disturb your time, right?” this time the blonde raised his eyebrow. “Then let me take care of Taemin! I’ll be free today so I think it’ll be better having something to do and baby sitting Taemin won’t that bad!”

 

“Yeah? So that you can kidnap him?” Heechul crossed his arms. “I know you hide something from my family about Taemin, whatever it is. But really, don’t think I’m that stupid to not realize it. Who is Taemin to you?”

 

Yuri was speechless. Her hard works this long was done for. She wished she could bring Taemin to her place because Victoria was there, waiting for her son to come but it seems like nobody would come with Yuri today.

 

“Baby, can we hurry? The show will perform in thirty minutes and we haven’t left your place yet!” Hankyung said, looking at his watch impatiently.

 

“Once, Yuri.” Heechul quickly grabbed his bag. “Only once I let you touch Taemin because I’m in hurry. No more next time, and make sure Taemin’s here when I’m back or I’ll kill you for sure.”

 

“A-alright.” Yuri gulped hard. Heechul could be dangerous even with that beauty appearance of his. With last glare from Heechul, the blonde man walked away with his boyfriend with a wide smile. Yuri checked the lift first before he stepped inside the condo, searching for the angel she was going to take for awhile—just for a little meeting with his mother, that’s all.

 

Taemin was sleeping soundly inside the door on her right. She smiled despite of the worries she felt awhile ago; the sleeping baby was indeed the cure. She walked slowly towards the bed, watching the baby his thumb without much worry like she did. Such a beautiful sight. She decided to text her friend to some here than brought Taemin to her place—she was afraid Heechul would back anytime soon and when he didn’t see Taemin around she surely ended in his hands.

 

“If only the president didn’t hold your mom to be their model, you wouldn’t be here with strangers with this kind of situation.” Yuri caressed Taemin’s hair lovingly, kissed his forehead before he fixed his blanket. It was hard for her; it was hard for Victoria too. She knew she should have given Taemin to his father, but he wasn’t in a good shape that time. He was so depressed that Victoria left him without information. He was left dumbfounded.

 

“I wish your parents can solve it quickly and get you back, Taemin-ah…”

 

^----^

 

“Khun, can you please bring these out? We have no more room for other garbage. Make sure you change the plastic bag once you’ve don throw them, okay?” the manager said as he examined the whole situation in the kitchen—Nichkhun was just stepping inside when he heard his boss’ words. He nodded slightly before put the tray down, making his way towards the rather full trash bin, carefully tied it and brought those plastic bags from the back door. With those muscles he was surely looked cool even when he threw trashes.

 

He his heels to go back to his works inside, but he stopped on the way when he saw a figure stood before him. He couldn’t believe it—finally he met her. Finally he met his love of his life, but inside he was mad and disappointed. He was happy, sure, but something inside him told him to not smiling at all, to not going easy with her. He had to ask her about what had happened these past months and he deserved long explanation. He deserved to know everything.

 

“Nichkhun.” The girl said in her soft voice that could melt him away, the voice he missed every night of his sleeps, the voice that could calm his nerve. But not for today—no for now.

 

“So you have guts to see me now, huh? Because that man of yours who always goes here to stalk me like I was a criminal?” he wouldn’t go easy for her for today. No after what she had done to him. “Feeling glad that you can show your face after long rest you take to give a birth to a baby boy?”

 

“Khun—”

 

“I know, Vic. I know that all!” he couldn’t control himself anymore. He knew he was bad for a man because he couldn’t have a better work than this to give living for his family but what Victoria did was beyond his thought. “I know where my son right now is and I know who he lives with is. Don’t you think because you have money you can do anything you want but no for me. I have my own way!”

 

“Khun, please…”

 

“What?!” Nichkhun couldn’t hold it anymore. He had suffered enough without family, no one, and he couldn’t let it longer because he swore he would take Taemin back. He would take his son back.

 

“L-let me… let me t-tell you the t-truth…”

 

“The truth that another man was taking care of you when you vanished with my baby? That that scandal of yours is true so that you decided to leave me behind even though you know whose the father is?”

 

“Khun, I still love you!” Victoria yelled her lungs out, tears flowing down like a river.

 

“I’ll believe it if you say it a year ago, Victoria. Now how can you sure that I will believe that?” Nichkhun lowered his voice. He was tired. He was tired of all of this. He was going to let Victoria go if that what she wanted but he still took Taemin. He loved Victoria, yeah, but if the girl didn’t love you back like this… or didn’t trust you enough to tell you about your love child it was just… he couldn’t take it.

 

“It wasn’t my choice!”

 

“It’s your choice to let him until you gave birth but why? Why didn’t you choose him instead of your career, Victoria?” Nichkhun went rage again. “I know I’m poor, but I can work two or three jobs for our family, for our future! But no, you chose to let our child lives with strangers and what? Do you think he will still call you mom after what have you done?!”

 

“It was not my choice!” Victoria’s legs went limp. She crouched down on the dirty land, not minding her clothes at all. “It was not… my choice…”

 

Nichkhun massage his temple. It was really hard. He didn’t want to break up with Victoria, but Victoria’s hiatus was really, really making him disappointed. He was feeling useless because he wasn’t there when Victoria needed him, but again she didn’t tell him anything. He knew it from Minho, and Minho was truly scolding him back then, telling him he was an unreliable for leaving Victoria pregnant. But he wasn’t leaving her. It was who vanished so suddenly. It was her who couldn’t be contacted. It was her who couldn’t be reached, not him.

 

Now when she looked this vulnerable what could he do to her? Yelling at her wouldn’t be that good because it only saddened her more. It wouldn’t solve anything. He slowly made his way towards the sobbing, curling up girl. He put his hand on his head, sighing heavily as he felt the same reaction he felt when they first met—the electricity that went through his body. He felt the warm was still there, the warm he could find on this certain girl. He still loved her.

 

“Please… don’t make it hard for me…”

 

“B-but it wasn’t m-my choice, Khun…” the girl was sobbing mess when she lifted up his face, wet and reddened. “I-it was the b-boss who d-decided e-everything.” She took a breath before he opened his mouth again, “he knew I w-was p-pregnant, but he p-prevented me t-to tell a-anyone about it. He t-told m-me to s-shut my m-mouth u-up and j-just t-take an absent for a-awhile until I g-give birth and t-then I can h-have m-my j-job back. Then s-somebody w-would take care of m-my baby when I w-worked, but I d-didn’t know that h-he w-would… he t-tricked me!”

 

It was new information for him.

 

“But why didn’t you tell me?” Nichkhun asked her gently, both hands cupped Victoria’s face to wipe her tears away. “You know you can rely on me, right? I won’t let you suffer like that if I know it.”

 

“B-but you’ll b-be in t-trouble… my boss isn’t t-that n-nice and h-he is a p-persistent one…”

 

What could he say, then? The truth was revealed but he wasn’t that satisfied. If he took Taemin then what Sungmin would say? He was sure Victoria’s boss made up a story for Taemin and Sungmin wouldn’t give Taemin back that easy with only Nichkhun’s story. He would need more, and it had to be Victoria. But in this kind of state, would Sungmin still let Taemin go? It wasn’t easy for him too because he heard from Jungmo that Sungmin tried hard to cover Taemin from his friends but he treated Taemin so well. Sungmin must be feeling hurt if he took Taemin just like that.

 

God… what should he do?

 

^----^

 

Hello again, guuuuys~ Sorry no Eunhae and Kyumin in this chapter ^^ I don't know why I made it without them ==a too focused on them, hahahah. Anywaaaaaay~ MERRY CHRISTMAS~ wooohoooo~ hahahahaha~ \^O^/