Chapter 21

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

Eunhyuk sighed as he rested his head on the table in the canteen when it was lunch time, everyone gathering from every section of the school even him and his friends. He just left the practice room because he thought nobody was there, but he found out that Yunho and his partner were practicing. He decided to get his lunch instead, he would visit the practice room later.

 

It was his hard week. Almost everyday he practiced with Donghae for their first competition after Donghae joined the club, and his teacher didn’t let him breathing freely for giving him many assignments. Then his physics didn’t get better even though he accompanied Donghae in his first month in this school—he only got a D for that subject! He could get better if Sungmin taught him, but… the smaller boy was busy lately. And Eunhyuk didn’t meet him anymore in school.

 

“My, my… look at your son, hyung! He’s so lifeless.” Shindong said to Leeteuk playfully while the oldest one threw a worried look to Eunhyuk.

 

Leeteuk took a seat beside him; his soft hand caressed the blonde’s hair lovingly. The thing he didn’t want to see was his dongsaengs looked down like this for whatever the reason was. Eunhyuk was the one who almost everyday looked so cheerful together with Sungmin, but apparently both of them were being so apart since the incident Kangin told him. Of course he knew it! Kangin was the school’s powerful fighter, to know such a thing he only needed a glare. And so, of course because he was the father of the group he was concerned to his fellow members.

 

The oldest of the rest sighed heavily. He knew Sungmin was the one who could make Eunhyuk being his usual self again, but it was impossible to bring the said boy here right now. Not only because they were in not such a good condition—they hadn’t talked today. Eunhyuk was preparing for up coming competition, yet the one he wanted to cheer for him wasn’t there with him.

 

“He hasn’t talked yet?” Kangin opened up the talking, knowing his boyfriend wouldn’t say anything until someone did first. That is why he chosen as appa of the group.

 

Eunhyuk, feeling Kangin talked to him, only could give a nod as a response. He sighed not long after. “He’s… busy.”

 

“And so is you,” Shindong added, not wanting to see his friend sad anymore. “Just hold it a little longer until your competition up, okay?”

 

“…m’kay.” Eunhyuk sighed heavily. He knew he shouldn’t be this down because everyone seemed so concern about him. He couldn’t let everyone think badly of him. So he should at least show his smile from now on. “Thanks…”

 

“Heeeeeeey!” someone shouted from the door, earning stares from all of the students who were in the cafeteria. The person smiled so brightly as he approached Leeteuk’s little friends’ table with a company behind him who was showing no expression.

 

“Oh, Donghae!” Shindong greeted back happily, so forgot about the thing what made Eunhyuk and Sungmin apart. He was his friend, anyway, so he found nothing wrong with him greeting him back. “Seems like you have friends more, huh?”

 

“We accidentally met in the hallway, so we decided to walk here together. Hello, Eunhyuk~” why Donghae, even though you knew Eunhyuk wouldn’t greet you back cheerfully just like yours, but you still greeted him with those sparkling, beautiful eyes? Sometimes Eunhyuk didn’t deserve that, you know. “You look down, pretty.”

 

Kibum, who had taken a seat next to him, snorted. Like he was unaware that he was the culprit, he thought. However, you could hear Leeteuk gasped when Donghae called Eunhyuk pretty. He knew Eunhyuk was the man if he started a relationship with Sungmin, but he didn’t know that… Donghae was the man. Oh, man. And Kangin coughed onto his drink after Leeteuk gasped. Oh well, he should know it that his son would be an adult soon.

 

“Don’t call me that!” Eunhyuk retorted quickly. Somehow his face went crimson and his heartbeat was louder as second passed by. He knew his reaction was beyond unpredictable. He wasn’t fond of this reaction yet he couldn’t help it.

 

“Aww, I don’t think I saw this side of yours before, Eunhyuk-ah,” Shindong said, making Eunhyuk flustered more. Hell that fatty boy, Eunhyuk thought, shut up already or I’ll make you can’t eat you snacks anymore!

 

“Oh, really? Then I’m the first?” Donghae’s face lit a bit. “I thought it was Sungmin who could make him flustered like that!”

 

Ouch… that name.

 

“He is, but in different way.” Shindong shrugged. He didn’t realize that Eunhyuk sent him deathly glare. Oh well, he shouldn’t care, anyway. He was the hyung! But if you take a look on Eunhyuk carefully, you could see the hint of redness. Yes, his face still reddened. And you know what? His heartbeat was unstoppable. I mean his heart pounded like crazy and it wouldn’t stop whatever he told himself. “He’s like a real boy when he’s with Sungmin, but when with you he…”

 

“Fangirl, you mean?” Kibum added as he stared at flustered Eunhyuk. , that man!

 

“Nooooo! It’s girlfriend!” Donghae whined to Kibum, his aegyo naturally poured when he was with Kibum. After all Kibum was the friend he only had. Even though Kibum is younger than him, he never showed his aegyo to Donghae because Siwon forbid that. Oh yeah, he was the possessive one.

 

“Oh my!” Leeteuk palmed his face, finding it more difficult to make Eunhyuk and Sungmin back together.

 

^----^

 

Sungmin took his rest for a while in the café where he worked, slowly took a seat on the counter. He sighed. Recently he had avoided Eunhyuk in the school just because he was feeling bad about the blonde boy. His feeling was collided. Everything met inside, fought, trying to be dominant although nothing could. If Eunhyuk and Donghae were more than friends he knew he should move on. But he could not. He couldn’t just let his feeling vanish like that. The feeling was too strong yet too weak. Eunhyuk’s happiness is everything for him.

 

He knew he couldn’t forever avoid the guy. But he couldn’t help it. He had no choice.

 

His heart became so helpless. He couldn’t breathe normally anymore—every time he inhaled he could feel the pricks inside. His lungs hurt, so did his heart. The feeling came so suddenly that he couldn’t stop it. His vision got blur as his tears gathered on the corner of his eyes. Everything was so perfect. Everything was perfectly crushed.

 

What had he done for him through this?

 

What had he done for him lost his beloved one?

 

What had he done for him being this lonely?

 

Sungmin chuckled bitterly. He wiped his tears slowly; a sob escaped his kissable lips. If only Donghae didn’t show up… if only Eunhyuk didn’t fail on Physics… those things wouldn’t happen. He wouldn’t lose his friend, and his crush would be there for him. Now that his crush had a lover, should he keep the feeling? Should he keep crushing on him? Should he love the boy? Could he hold it all?

 

Now that his source of life was gone, he had nothing to hold on. He had no reason to keep being a cheerful Lee Sungmin. He had no reason to keep being with him. Should he move? No, that would only make Eunhyuk suspicious about what his real feeling. He didn’t know what to do.

 

“Again?” he asked himself in low voice. “I shouldn’t cry like this, or someone will see me… let alone it’s Eunhyuk…”

 

“So you’re here.” Sungmin jerked his head up, facing the arrogant Cho Kyuhyun at the kitchen’s door. He shouldn’t be here—it was only for employee. What was he doing here, anyway?

 

“What are you doing here?” Sungmin jumped off of the counter, hands quickly wiped his tears on his chubby cheeks.

 

Kyuhyun only shrugged. Actually he saw what Sungmin was doing there. He saw the tears, clearly. He saw how Sungmin smiled bitterly before he wiped the tears. He saw Sungmin mumbled something to himself. He saw everything. “Nothing,” he made a way to the sink to wash his hands. Only a distraction, actually. “I thought you’re left already.”

 

“Usually I go home alone and safe, thank you.” Sungmin tilted his head to his side. “You’re my stalker, aren’t you? Since that day you followed me everywhere I went.”

 

“What day?” Kyuhyun asked him as he cocked his eyebrows.

 

Somehow that question made Sungmin flushed red. He blinked, choosing words to say to the brat before him. The day when they kissed? The day Sungmin almost got hit? The day they fetched Taemin together? Damn, he couldn’t find the best answer. “Er… that day, you fool!”

 

Kyuhyun smirked evilly. Oh yes, he knew exactly what day Sungmin was trying to tell him. The day he couldn’t sleep at night because of those kissable lips. He wiped his wet hands by the towel hanged beside the sink. “Do you want to fetch Taemin after this?”

 

“What?”

 

“Taemin. You’re baby, if you forget.” He rolled his eyes. “Don’t you miss him? Let’s go.”

 

“You also go with me?” Sungmin asked in disbelieve—it was awkward in the last meeting yet he wanted to do it again today? Did he have something Sungmin didn’t know? He should be careful.

 

“That’s Minho!”

 

“Where? Choi Minho? Choi Minho, really?”

 

“Wow, he’s so handsome!”

 

People in the café where Sungmin worked was whispered when they looked at the person who was sitting in the corner, his coat was buttoned up until his under-chin, all in black like usual. However today he didn’t cover his face and hair anymore. He smiled before he gulped down his coffee and decided to leave the café, but something came up. He ran into a small boy using a uniform. The small boy would probably meet the floor if he didn’t hold his waist.

 

“S-sorry…” the boy mumbled out in embarrassment, face reddened at the contact.

 

“No, sorry. I didn’t look where I was going.” Minho flashed his best smile.

 

“If you’re sorry, then just let him go, Mr. Choi.” Someone appeared out of nowhere before Minho and Sungmin, coughed a little too loud for Minho’s liking. He snapped Sungmin back and pulled him towards the exit, leaving the dumbfounded Minho.

 

Sungmin didn’t protest was the thing Kyuhyun wanted. But he didn’t see Sungmin’s face. He was only focused on the way he was taking.

 

Sungmin, on the other hand, was lost in his own world. He was thinking. He remembered well the man who visited the café almost every his work day, and the proportion was really like Choi Minho. Could be that man was Choi Minho? They had no different—maybe only the covered and uncovered face. But the rest was the same. Then if the mysterious man was Minho, what was his relation with Nichkhun? Then again, how could be Nichkhun know him? Aaargh, this giving was him headache. He should think it later in better condition.

 

^----^

 

Hello again, everyone~ >O<

I give you an update today like I said last Thursday~ lalalalala~ hahahaha

Anywaaaaaay--I'll try to make EunHae momment as much as I can~ sorry though, not so much EunHae here -___-a

Happy reading~