Chapter 37

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

 

Sungmin woke up to a sunny morning though the first thing he did was sighing. He took a glance on his side, found Eunhyuk was snoring lightly while his mouth was slightly opened. It was a beautiful sight if it was a month ago, where his feeling towards his friend was still there, lingering every time he saw the boy. Fortunately his feeling towards the blonde was gone, replaced by a boy who he couldn’t say exactly who. Well… this game freaks was successfully stealing his heart the other day. It was weird though, the way he slowly approached himself to this innocent bunny because all Sungmin could remember was his playfulness. He also didn’t know how he could like this kind of person.

 

Slowly the orange haired boy got up from his bed, hair striking out all direction from the sleep he had. He glanced at the crib, making sure his lovely baby was here or he would freak his out whole day, forcefully waking up the other roommates for searching for the baby. But thanks god because the baby was still sleeping comfortably in his crib, hands and legs spread out like he was telling the little umma that crib was his kingdom.

 

Heechul was not in the living room when he went out of his room. Probably that Kim was still sleeping like his cousin. Without any words Sungmin went to the bathroom to do his things before he decided to make breakfast that morning. It was Sunday, that means no school today. Even though that was no school, Sungmin still had to work today at nine until three in the afternoon. Eunhyuk wouldn’t be home too, so Heechul was left with Taemin here today. Sungmin hope Hankyung would be here instead Heechul brought Taemin out. It was a bit danger for Taemin to be out nowadays because Victoria and Nichkhun could take him, or worse, the kidnapper would take him instead. Sungmin wouldn’t like it to be back without Taemin.

 

“Mornin’.” Someone was sitting on the couch when Sungmin out of the bathroom. He yawned before he followed on Sungmin, probably searching for things to be stuffed into his mouth. Apparently Sungmin was the one who could make pancakes the best on the house. “Pancakes?”

 

“Yeah, pancakes this morning,” he replied as he hopped in to the kitchenette happily. “Do you want orange juice or milk?”

 

“Milk would be okay.” Heechul took a seat on the square little dining table which Sungmin and Eunhyuk bought with their saved money over a year. “Should I wake that monkey up? He will take care of Taemin while you’re making the breakfast, okay?”

 

“Alright.” The orange haired boy nodded his head. “Make sure you help him, hyung. Taemin’s kind of hate being in the water.” Oh yeah, the cute little Taemin was afraid of water that even two rubber ducks wouldn’t make him dip in the water. The hardest part of taking care of Taemin was taking a bath, because he would struggle to free from his hold whenever he saw the water. What a troublesome, indeed.

 

 It was thirty minutes later when all of the households gathered up on the dining table, with Taemin on Sungmin’s laps, being fed by his current mother. Eunhyuk was still in his pajamas although it was wet from bathing Taemin. Heechul was sitting across Sungmin with phone in his left hand; Hankyung had been up, then. Nobody talked on the table although Eunhyuk wanted to make comments from the way Taemin was eating his breakfast; his face which he just wiped softly with sponge a while ago was full of food and so was his clothes. Sungmin was smiling to the sight.

 

It was a long silence until the bell of the house was ringing through the room, telling the owner to open the door quickly. Sungmin shoved Taemin’s plate to Eunhyuk who immediately took his place to feed Taemin while the orange haired boy opened the door.

 

He had no idea that today was the day.

 

That today was the day Taemin would go out from the house.

 

That today was the day Taemin was taken away from him.

 

That today was the day Taemin would never come back again.

 

The fact that Taemin’s parents were standing before him with wide smiles and bright faces was not amused him. He forced out a smile to tell them that he was strong, that he would do anything for Taemin’s sake. Including see him away with his parents today.

 

“Good Morning, Sungmin.” The real father of Taemin was smiling to the owner or the house, feeling a little anxious about the frozen Sungmin although it was for second. “We don’t disturb you, do we?”

 

“W-we’re having breakfast.” Sungmin replied way too fast. He cleared his throat before opened his mouth again, “do you want to have some?”

 

“No, it’s okay.” Nichkhun was still smiling all wide with Victoria next to him. “We… can we see Taemin?”

 

First, seeing the baby. Second, the baby will get picked up. After that those people will talk to Taemin so that they will get closer. Finally, they can go with a smiling Taemin. What a story, huh? That was what played on Sungmin’s head right now. The picture of them three together was perfect, with a handsome and well-build father like Nichkhun and also a beauty goddess like Victoria together with a cute yet pretty baby who was laughing wholeheartedly was something Taemin wouldn’t get if he stayed here with Sungmin. The realization hit him—Taemin needed his parents.

 

“He’s inside. Come in,” he opened the door wider for the couple to come inside. Before he could close the door, he saw Kyuhyun was standing on his opened door, eyes demanding an answer as to why that couple could be there. Sungmin smiled as a reply, mentally telling him he would tell him later. And so, without further interfere, Kyuhyun nodded and headed inside his own place, leaving Sungmin sighing heavily to steady himself. What should he react to that couple? Heechul hadn’t known this, Eunhyuk wouldn’t help, and so, Taemin couldn’t say anything either. Everything was on him.

 

“Ah, Hello.” Nichkhun bent his body slightly to greet Heechul who was just finishing his breakfast. “Sorry for coming this early…”

 

Though, Nichkhun didn’t get any reply from the beauty man before him. The oldest was glaring at Victoria, a friend of Yuri whom he hated. He knew between Victoria and Yuri was Taemin’s mother. He hadn’t found out yet who, but he would anyway. From the look of them, Heechul could say they were a couple, and he bet their arrival had to do with Taemin. And so, thought that Nichkhun was the father couldn’t get his mind.

 

“Taemin-ah!” Victoria said happily as Eunhyuk walked in to the living room with a full Taemin in his arms. The two were laughing when Victoria decided to call her long lost son, distracting them from the time bonding they had. However, when Taemin lit his head up, a smile formed on his cute face when his eyes met Victoria’s. He put out his hands to be hold by his biological mother so willingly, didn’t realize that Sungmin was holding back his tears at the sight. Just this morning he was glad nothing happened to his baby and now what? The baby itself was giving to the stranger who said herself his mother.

 

“What the hell is happening here?” Heechul folded his arms across his chest. The one who couldn’t take this information well was Heechul, and Sungmin was afraid that Heechul wouldn’t let Victoria go with Taemin. The older was so strict yet loving that he couldn’t let Taemin away from the house without any protection. Although he let Taemin on stranger’s hand before, but he had learnt from the past. Kyuhyun wasn’t stranger anymore, anyway.

 

“Hyung, let sit first, okay?” Eunhyuk immediately went to his cousin to prevent anything bad happened—Heechul could do anything, you know. He was beauty outside but monster inside. “We should talk.”

 

“What do you like to drink?” Sungmin, being a nice host he is, asked the guests. He then went to the kitchen to make coffees for them. Nobody talking, he could hear nothing from the living room, and so he fastened his pace and went back less than five minutes.

 

Silence was developing the tension that morning. Nichkhun was sipping his coffee silently while his girlfriend hugged Taemin way too possessive to Heechul’s liking. Eunhyuk was thinking what to say, glancing at Sungmin who kept his mouth shut all the time.

 

“So what’re you doing here? Trying to kidnap Taemin and running away with him?” Heechul finally opened his mouth although nobody wanted to hear such a comment; he was sick of the drama already. “Say, you’re Taemin’s mother, aren’t you? That you asked your friend to sneak in to our place to take Taemin and then you could take him away?”

 

“H-hyung!” Eunhyuk hissed beside him. Hell, Heechul shouldn’t be the one who opened his conversation first! Everything would go bad if he started it and it would end on Victoria wouldn’t let Taemin visit them in the future.

 

“I’m sorry.” This time was Nichkhun. That Thailand man was feeling down at the comment because he hadn’t done anything to see his only son. Jungmo was the one who reported to him every time he visited his place. “This is my fault. I can’t—”

 

“So you’re the father?” Heechul raised his eyebrow. “What the hell did you do that Taemin ended up in our door? Do you think it’s fun to find a crying baby in the middle of night when everybody has dinner?”

 

“I-it’s not like that…”

 

“So what?” he snorted. “You’re a model Miss Song, and I believe you have three times, even more, of my money so why you left Taemin here?” his big eyes even got bigger because of this. “Leaving Taemin here means letting Taemin go, no? So why bother to see him again if you wanted him to go?”

 

“I love him!” Victoria shook her head. “I didn’t leave him on purpose—everything was settled without me knowing it!” finally she let it out. It was ghosting her every night, the fact that she wasn’t willing to let Taemin go that time. Even Nichkhun hadn’t known it yet.

 

“Still, you lost your son, Victoria Song.” Heechul said firmly as he stood up. “Nobody picks up their own leftover—somebody else will do that.” He glanced at Taemin who was happily playing with his mother’s fingers; he just didn’t want to lose Taemin, was that wrong? That baby was part of his family, the friends’ love child although they were not together, the toy he could be playing with when he was bored. And these fellas were coming out of nowhere trying to take the baby angel away with them without thinking on what would happen afterwards. It was selfish!

 

“But baby’s not a leftover, hyung.” Sungmin spoke really, really lowly it heard like a whisper to Eunhyuk and Nichkhun, but Heechul could hear that. He spare a look at Sungmin, only to sigh for the boy was lifelessly staring at the table. “They’ll grow up; they need parents more than friends. We’re just his playmates for him in the end—Nichkhun hyung and his girlfriend are the one Taemin was needed. We should let Taemin go.”

 

“Are you crazy?!”

 

“Hyung!” Eunhyuk hugged Heechul from behind—this cousin of his was almost jumping on Sungmin who didn’t move even an inch. “What are you doing? We’re not the one to decide on everything here! Taemin has parents—it’s their decision!” Heechul fisted his hands; one of his hands which fisted Sungmin’s pajama was letting the orange haired one go though his inside was still fired up. He gritted his teeth before he went away, leaving the remaining people there with their own thoughts.

 

“Sorry, it’s just… he always goes wild in the morning.” Eunhyuk lied as he scratched his head. “Ah, so… I should pack Taemin’s stuffs, then.”

 

“I’ll help.” Victoria, out of the blue, offered herself as she handed Taemin up to his boyfriend.

 

Nichkhun and Sungmin were left alone, then. With Taemin wriggled his self so that Nichkhun would let him down to roamed around the room, Nichkhun decided to let go of him until Victoria came back. He couldn’t spare his stare away from the orange haired boy. He was still in his place, cold and untouched, like he was just seeing something unbelievable things. But he knew what made the younger went like that—Taemin.

 

“I’m sorry…” Nichkhun went on, not wanting the boy hated him in the future. He had heard how Sungmin loved Taemin so much like his own son from Jungmo, but he should take Taemin with him. Taemin was his son, his blood ran on Taemin’s veins. “I have to take Taemin away from you… I was so happy to know I have a son but… hearing him wasn’t with his mother was making me worried… thank you. Thank you very much because you had taken care of him while we were busy…”

 

“I love Taemin as my own son, hyung.”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Thirty minutes later Victoria and Eunhyuk were out of the room, bringing Taemin’s stuffs on two big bags Sungmin had bought for the baby. They then said their goodbyes for the owner of the place, with Eunhyuk waved his hand with a little smile while Sungmin was bowed his body after Eunhyuk patted his back, telling him that they had already left.

 

Taemin wouldn’t be home again.

 

The home would be so empty without him….

 

That night, Sungmin told Eunhyuk he would spend a night at Kyuhyun’s place. He took a glance at the crib Taemin usually slept on before he went out to drag his foot to Kyuhyun’s place, where Kyuhyun was waiting for him. As soon as the door of Kyuhyun’s house was opened, Sungmin leapt in to Kyuhyun’s embrace. Kyuhyun understood that his boyfriend needed someone to rely on, so he quickly closed the door and guided the little bunny to his room, cuddling together on it although Sungmin was crying all his heart out on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

^----^

 

Oh my god, I’m crying ;____;

I can’t stand it—I let it out when I write the part Sungmin will head to Kyuhyun’s house… the glance on the bed… ;_____________________; hope you don't do stupid thing like me, kay? ;____;