Prologue

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

“Hyuk, don’t you think we need another eggs? Since your cousin will come next week…”

 

“Well then we buy it next week, Sungmin. Now, where’s the milk section…?”

 

“Hyuk, your cousin is more important than your strawberry milk! You can buy it every day when we go to school, anyway. Why we need to buy it a dozen?”

 

“Because we almost every day late.” Lee Hyukjae—or Eunhyuk, he wants to be called—the boy with blonde hair, said while he grabbed his favorite strawberry milks to the trolley. “Now how we should buy my milk when we run fast to school afraid the gate will be closed?” Lee Sungmin, the boy with orange hair, only pouted. It’s right, after all. He couldn’t say he doesn’t, and he has nothing to say about his roommate. Even though his roommate is a lazy person and seldom clean his room, Sungmin couldn’t say it. He had a crush to his roommate, and how bad his roommate is, he didn’t care. He liked the boy.

 

Sungmin and Eunhyuk were best friends since they were only five. Eunhyuk’s father was Sungmin’s father’s workmate who died when they were thirteen, in car accident with her mother on their way back from Eunhyuk’s aunt’s house. Back then Eunhyuk was spending his time with Sungmin; because he said he wants see Sungmin’s new games more than see his aunt. When Eunhyuk knew his parents were dead, Eunhyuk stood still in Sungmin’s room, didn’t say anything until night came. When their tuck to Sungmin’s bed, Eunhyuk grabbed Sungmin’s arm and gave it squeeze, silently told Sungmin to face him. Sungmin then turned his body, completely faced Eunhyuk and gave him hug, his hand rubbed Eunhyuk’s back fro and back. That night Eunhyuk cried until he fell asleep, in Sungmin’s arms.

 

When they seventeen, Sungmin decided to have his own apartment, and since Eunhyuk lived with his family, Eunhyuk will live with him. His parents didn’t deny, and then they moved out a week later after Sungmin told his parents about his thought. Eunhyuk worked as a waiter, while Sungmin spent his time in the grocery near their apartment working as a cashier boy. Even though they worked, Sungmin’s parents still sent money for them once a month for their school fee.

 

Next week Eunhyuk’s cousin will come to their shared apartment, said he missed Eunhyuk and Sungmin so much and he will bring something for them. Eunhyuk’s cousin name is Kim Heechul; the diva cousin of Eunhyuk’s who likes to pinch Sungmin’s cheek. Why? Just because Sungmin is cute, he said. And since he likes cookies so much, Sungmin will make cookies just for him.

 

“You already buy everything? I won’t come back if you forget something.” Eunhyuk said as he took the plastic bags. Sungmin smiled to him, shook his head.

 

“What do you want to eat tonight, Hyukkie?” Sungmin asked as they walked back home, the night has came. “Hyukkie, do you think we need to buy dinner or we can make it ourselves?”

 

“It will be nice if we make dinner together, Minnie.” Eunhyuk tapped Sungmin’s head. Sungmin then smiled, nodded his head as he turned his head to the road ahead. Eunhyuk still examined the smaller boy, he unconsciously smiled. He loved the older boy. He loved how the boy will react when he does something to him, he loved the way Sungmin will pout when he scolded the boy; he loved how Sungmin reacts when he put in something on his food wrongly. He loved everything on Sungmin.

 

“Hyuk, watch out!” Sungmin grabbed Eunhyuk’s arm when the latter almost tripped. He sighed as he looked down, thanked god for help him. “Watch your step, Hyukkie. What if I’m not here to help you?” Sungmin scolded him; he was very worried. What if Eunhyuk falls and then their groceries fall too? They need to back again to the grocery and buy the eggs, then buy the strawberry milks which Eunhyuk likes so damn much, and they will lose another bucks of money—how complicated.

 

“S-sorry, Minnie…” Eunhyuk said, “I-I didn’t see it… thanks, by the way…” he mumbled, and continued walked to their shared apartment. Sungmin just sighed and followed his best friend, glanced once a while to see if something wrong with his beloved friend. He took his time when he glanced—Eunhyuk really has nice figure.

 

^----^

 

Should I continue this or shouldn't I?