Chapter 33

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

^----^

 

Jungmo ran with his might with Taemin in his arms, head looking back for making sure that man didn’t follow him up once in a while, the baby in his arms was almost crying for what had happened to this poor, little creature. Jungmo rocked him back and forth, using his senses to bring the baby to his cousin’s place though he knew the man behind him could be there anytime soon but he didn’t know his relationship with his cousin. That man maybe thought that he was a friend of Sungmin and Eunhyuk, so he wouldn’t think about Nichkhun’s place at all. He thanked god for this.

 

Minutes later he and his nephew arrived at a small condo owned by Nichkhun, immediately he brought the baby to the bedroom for the baby was sleeping soundly after the cry he did. He slowly put Taemin on Nichkhun single’s bed, tucked him under the blanket as he put out his phone to text his beloved cousin.

 

“I can’t believe it…” he mumbled under his breath. He managed to make a glass of hot chocolate while he waited for Nichkhun to come, brain thinking at why Taemin could end in that man’s hands. It wasn’t like Sungmin let the baby out of his eyes and the baby went out of their place by his own—no way that could happen. Taemin would probably be found lifeless if that really happened because no way for the baby could went out of the building except by the stairs. And the lift couldn’t be that useful for him because no way could he touch the buttons. So how the baby could be in that café with that man back then?

 

Jungmo gasped. Could that be that man kidnapped Taemin?

 

Wait—how could he take Taemin away if Sungmin was in his place? It wasn’t like Sungmin could leave Taemin all alone in their house. Moreover their place must be protected so nobody could enter besides the owner of the house. So how could he? It remained a secret for him.

 

The front door blamed open, revealing a panting yet handsome Nichkhun on the door, eyes wide opened as he scanned the room to search for his beloved son. When he didn’t find his son, he went over to a calm Jungmo who sipped on his drink, too relaxed to Nichkhun’s liking. “Where’s Taemin?” he asked immediately, afraid the baby was gone before he could touched his own son.

 

Jungmo clicked his tongue, feeling the over-sweet liquid down his throat. “Calm you down, man. Your son is in your room.” He sipped again his drink, leaving the father-son-related-by-blood on their own. Actually he was thinking about calling Sungmin here but he thought Nichkhun should know so he decided he talked to his cousin first. He knew Taemin was better with Sungmin, and maybe if he called Sungmin he would told the orange haired one Taemin’s background. He would tell him was Taemin’s parents were, but he let the boy kept Taemin for a while. At least until Nichkhun was ready to live with his son.

 

Not long after Nichkhun was back with now relieved face. He took a seat besides Jungmo. “How could he be here? Where did you meet him?” those questions were fled for him, Jungmo knew, but he took a sip first before he explained everything to his cousin. He wanted to tell his thought, so he should start it well.

 

Jungmo coughed a bit. “I saw him with… Minho.” Nichkhun narrowed his eyes. “I don’t know why Taemin’s with him, but before he could do anything I took Taemin from him. He was furious when he saw my face—apparently he knew I’m Sungmin’s friend. Fortunately he couldn’t catch on me so I could be here right now with Taemin.” He ended his story with a shrug, brain thinking hard as how to ask his permission to tell Sungmin about it.

 

“Minho… that bastard’s kidnapped Taemin? But what for? Did he do that for Victoria? Did he do that for showing Victoria how serious he is with her?” he mused by himself, not really realizing Jungmo’s rolled eyes on him.

 

“Please, hyung, you know Victoria never has that kind of relationship with that man! I even saw him with Yuri noona but you never wanted to hear me out. Geez…” Jungmo crossed his arms. “Anyway hyung, don’t you think we better tell Sungmin about this? I mean, well… Taemin’s Sungmin’s responsibility now… and I think we should tell him the truth.”

 

Nichkhun didn’t give a word. He was thinking. He was the father, the head of the family, but he couldn’t even decide on what to do for his family. He swore he would marry the girl who had taken away his heart, moreover the girl had his baby, and he swore he wouldn’t let his family in suffer but he couldn’t fulfill his promise. Victoria wouldn’t be happy if she knew they were telling Sungmin everything because it was the company’s plan to hide Taemin at the first place. But letting somebody else worried to death because of this wasn’t a good thing too. He should choose between being a selfish but responsible father or a good person but irresponsible one. He was confused.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“You know… I don’t want to tell your friend about Taemin but apparently I have to.” He inhaled deeply. “I’ll text Victoria later, but make sure Sungmin won’t be faint for the story I’m going to tell about.”

 

Jungmo flashed him a smile before he went to the balcony to call his friend about Taemin’s about.

 

^----^

 

Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, and Donghae immediately headed over the given address Jungmo sent them; Sungmin and Eunhyuk with face full of tears, Kyuhyun was paler than usual, and Donghae was lost in his minds. Everyone was sitting quietly in the living room, Sungmin was lying on the couch because he couldn’t stand on his own anymore after he found out that Taemin wasn’t with him anymore, Kyuhyun trying to help his boyfriend with a fan on his hand, brain worked hard to get the solutions but ended found nothing. Eunhyuk and Donghae were in the kitchen; Donghae calmed Eunhyuk down but to no avail. Until Sungmin’s phone rang through the room, picked up by Kyuhyun because Sungmin wasn’t himself. After that they quickly left the house to head over where Jungmo was, eager to see Taemin.

 

Jungmo waited for them in front of the building, hand waved as he saw the glimpse blonde head of Eunhyuk’s which was obvious between Asians. They were in Nichkhun’s living room in no time, since Sungmin said he wanted to see Taemin right now and so Jungmo said they should meet an important person first. But well, since Sungmin was persistent Jungmo handed Taemin over (who was awake by now) and the baby called him umma multiple times, making the owner of the place mesmerized by the interaction.

 

“So… why’s Taemin here?” Kyuhyun opened up the conversation first, knowing it that nobody would do that since their attention was centered on Taemin. “I’m sure the man isn’t you, Jungmo. Or you, Nichkhun-sshi.”

 

“You’re right,” Jungmo replied almost immediately. “It wasn’t me or Nichkhun hyung who took Taemin from you. Frankly we didn’t know why Taemin could be ended in that man’s hand.”

 

“Then how come Taemin is here with you guys? That man isn’t your partner, is he?” Donghae narrowed his eyes in suspiciousness, finding it suspicious to see Nichkhun trembled on his seat.

 

“I found him.” Jungmo answered. “In the kidnapper’s hand, crying. I thought you guys weren’t there when Taemin’s being taken… how could that happen anyway?”

 

“It’s my mistake.” Kyuhyun sighed. “I wasn’t paying attention at him when I was going to take something in a grocery store near our apartment building. When I came back, Taemin was gone.”

 

“I see…”

 

“You said you want to say something.” Eunhyuk remained him. “What is that?”

 

“Well… Nichkhun hyung will tell you guys.” Jungmo nudged his cousin to speak since Nichkhun insisted he was the one who would tell them everything.

 

“Well,” he started, exhaling deeply before he went on, “Taemin here is actually my son.” Everyone’s eyes were widened, jaw touching the ground literally. “I was… in a relationship with this girl back then, and something happened… she’s a model, a famous one—you guys must be known her. I didn’t know her pregnancy until my cousin told me… that she went away with a big bump on her stomach. She was gone for a year without texts or emails. When she’s back, her bump was gone. And I know my child has already born.”

 

“B-but…”

 

“The company settled it. They decided to hide the baby somewhere, but I didn’t know they left him with you. I just knew it two months ago, and my girlfriend said it was true that Taemin is my son. Jungmo helped me with him although he couldn’t help me to meet him properly. But I’m thankful that I can see him now…”

 

“She’s Victoria Song, isn’t she?” Sungmin asked in surprising hated note. He hated it when somebody, even if she or he was a celebrity, threw away their innocent kid just for their career. It wasn’t a god choice to let them suffer—why didn’t they stop from their job if they couldn’t let the baby on public? It was their fault at the first place—why did it without protection? It wasn’t the baby’s fault at all. “I found her on my place for looking after Taemin.”

 

“She did?”

 

“Why?” Sungmin frowned. Taemin on his lap was playing with the hem of his shirt. “Why did you do this to Taemin? It’s not the baby’s fault yet he still has to feel the bitterness of life. He shouldn’t be left on my door that day, telling us that the mother was going to other country… how cheap…”

 

“You know, losing your family isn’t nice at all.” Eunhyuk added. He knew the feeling and he didn’t know Taemin feel all of that. Taemin wasn’t even a year, for strawberry’s sake! He was only nine months. “Let alone have no memories with our own family. Do you think Taemin will call you appa if he knows what has happened to him? He won’t. He probably will not.”

 

“It wasn’t…” Nichkhun sighed. Everyone blamed everything on him. He should’ve known it. He was the father; he was the responsible of these all. “I’m sorry… I’m thinking about living with Taemin…”

 

Sungmin went tense. He knew something like this would happen but not this fast. He hadn’t prepared for it yet. Even Jungmo glared at him from the corner of his eyes. “You said you’d only tell them the truth, not letting Taemin with you!” the younger of the two went rage. “You didn’t say you’d take Taemin with you! You can’t take him you bastard!”

 

“Why? I’m his father!”

 

“Solve your things first with your girl then you can have Taemin. I won’t let Taemin be with neither of you until you guys solve your issues. I won’t let my nephew near your issues at all!” Jungmo stood up from his seat. “Sungmin, take Taemin away from here for the mean time. I’ll text you later.”

 

Sungmin nodded, taking Taemin from there with his friends who were still processing the information they got. But before they could open the door, someone had opened it and stepped inside. Sungmin’s eyes widened by the sight. No, it wouldn’t happen. His baby would be in his arms, not in their hands. No.

 

^----^

It's the update~~~ ^^ Sorry though, because I took two weeks for this ==a

Anywaaaaaaaaay~ I'm a bit sad because I lost subscribers, tho ;____; Kind of depressing, but the late of update isn't because of that~

I'm being busy with school stuffs and chores I can hardly write -___- over seven days of a week, I have seven days to fight in studying -___- /sigh/

Anyway, happy readiiiiiing~ ^^