Chapter 23

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

“I’ll take Taemin out for a while.” Heechul announced as he picked Taemin up from the floor. “We’re going with Hankyung, and I guess we’ll be back before afternoon. But only if Hankyung doesn’t take me anywhere after lunch.” He winked at the two who stayed silent. “Bye~” the door’s slam echoed through the room as if nobody was there. The awkward feeling was coming back. What should they do? Talking without topic is too risk right now—both Sungmin and Eunhyuk had nothing to talk about. What should they do? Or to be exact, what should they say?

 

Sungmin and Eunhyuk focused on what they were doing. Sungmin was doing his Math problems on kitchen’s table while Eunhyuk was looking at his phone thoroughly, seems like he was trying to find something to play. Sometimes he gave glances to Sungmin. He was curious at what the orange hair was doing. He was his best friend, anyway. But can you say it again, Lee Hyukjae? You’re best friends but these past two weeks you hadn’t talked or greeted normally?

 

You two probably aren’t best friends, you fool.

 

Eunhyuk shook his head. What the hell? Where was that thing coming from? What was he thinking? They are still friends, for god’s sake! He wanted to be with him forever!

 

Then at least say something so that you two can talk normally again, stupid!

 

Eunhyuk sighed. Geez, his inside was eager to be with Sungmin again. It was a serious matter, and himself didn’t give him a great time to think over what he will do. Okay, okay! Just give him a mere time befo—

 

“Eunhyuk-ah?”

 

…that voice. Damn, that sweet voice.

 

Eunhyuk gulped. The blonde then slowly lifted his head, eyes staring lovingly at the older boy by three months who was looking back at him. He was speechless—no words could be spoken the time their eyes met. Sungmin is thinner. Was it because of him? Because he was busy with the upcoming tournament he would attend? Because he had no time for him anymore?

 

“Can’t you…” Sungmin stopped in the middle. He wasn’t sure to continue this. He didn’t want Eunhyuk thinks bad thought about him. They should be closer, not the other way as he planned. Thanks to Heechul for giving them time to speak, but Eunhyuk didn’t seem will talk anytime soon. He planned on fixing their relationship, so he courage himself to speak up first. “…be with me again, Hyuk?”

 

That’s it.

 

You’re supposed to be the man in the relationship, stupid, and why did you let him talk first?

 

Eunhyuk gulped. He couldn’t react. He should be jumping around right now, hugging the bunny-like-boy tightly and kissing the bunny’s forehead—but he was just sitting there on the couch. His mind was blurred, too happy to think. Did Sungmin say he wants to be with him again? Did Sungmin just say that? God, thank you!

 

Meanwhile, the orange haired boy across the room was controlling his tears. What with the expression? Why Eunhyuk didn’t say anything or react? Did Sungmin say something wrong? Or he didn’t want to be Sungmin’s friend anymore? These thoughts make him sadder, geez. He looked so pathetic.

 

“I love you, Eunhyuk-ah…” Sungmin couldn’t hold it anymore. His feeling must be spoken out no matter what—he was ready to receive anything Eunhyuk would say. He had thought about this so many times. “I love you. Not in friendly way, but… I love you.” He gulped. No, please… don’t cry… I shouldn’t cry, he mentally said. “I know it’s too sudden. And I know you’re dating someone. I think… I just need to let you know. I know you like Donghae more than me. I’m happy as long as you’re happy, Hyuk,” he showed a smile, a puzzled one. “So… get your happiness so that I can feel the happiness also, alright?” his inside was breaking. Part of his broken heart was crushed brutally, nothing could be saved. What should he do? He had no more heart.

 

“S-Sungmin-ah…”

 

“Ah, right!” Sungmin hit his own head. “I should ask Kyuhyun about this math-thing because I can solve it no matter how I force my brain to work! Geez, why did I waste my time, then? Stupid Sungmin…” he chuckled lowly. For a second Eunhyuk thought Sungmin was back as he was before. But he could see Sungmin had no more that shining eyes he usually had. His Sungmin lost his source of light. But why? Why couldn’t he say anything to prevent Sungmin thinking things about him and Donghae? It was like he lost his tongue.

 

A minute later Sungmin was ready with his books. “Sorry, Eunhyuk, but I have test tomorrow and I can’t ask you for help, can I?” he smirked although his inside was screaming like hell. However, his smirk was gone when Eunhyuk still didn’t response. Did Eunhyuk still mad at him? Well, then… he should give him time to think. “You know, we’re still friends, I promise! Don’t think too much or else your brain will explode and then you have no brain. I’m off.”

 

 

“Sungmin-ah…” tears made its way down on Eunhyuk’s cheeks, sobs continuously came from his full lips. “Stupid… stupid!”

 

How he should tell Heechul after this?

 

^----^

 

“I’m this kindhearted yet your father likes to call me snarky, Taeminnie. If you grow up later, tell your father to be more thankful to me, okay?”

 

If someone looked at them right now, they must’ve been believed they were father and child. Heechul comfortably talked to Taemin like a father used to, and so Taemin responded him by looking at him. Sometimes he nodded as if he understood at Heechul’s chants. If Sungmin was there, he probably cooed at Taemin how cute he was, hahaha. But no—Taemin’s so called father and mother weren’t with them. Heechul intentionally left them alone so they could talk privately. Not that he really had a date with Hankyung today. He did that for his cousin, that’s all.

 

“I hope your parents can get together on their bed soon,” he stated as he chuckled evilly—seriously, did he happen to be Kyuhyun’s long-lost-brother or something?

 

“Ah, look!” he pointed at a restaurant he and Hankyung met for the first time. “That’s the place when Hankyung and I met for the first time!” he told Taemin eagerly. “You know, Hankyung was really handsome back then—not that he’s not right now—but he’s really charming and mysterious that I got curious!” Taemin was looking at him confusedly. “I wanna show you where he confessed to me! C’mon!”

 

So there they were, sitting on the corner of the room where Heechul eagerly pointed from the time they stepped inside the restaurant. A couple was just leaving the place so he quickly ran to now-empty table and put Taemin on the table before he took a seat himself. Taemin was holding onto his toys, this time it was a chicken and when you push its stomach, a chicken sound will be heard. Taemin loved it, of course.

 

“Oh, what should we eat for lunch today…?” he asked himself as he busy looking at the menu thoroughly. Taemin, as curious as he as, trying to look at the menu also but got nothing to do with it. He was less than a year, what do you expect? Even Heechul didn’t matter it when Taemin tugged at the menu. “I’ll have bibimbap and orange juice for now. Ah, a glass of avocado juice too, please.” He gave a smile to the waiter who wrote down his order.

 

Not long from that, the door of the restaurant was opened. A couple then made their way to another corner of the room, but somehow Heechul felt he knew who the couple was. He widened his eyes when the couple took their seat—half of their faces could be seen clearly. “T-Taemin-ah… should we go now?” he mumbled to the unaware baby, but then he squinted his eyes so he could see the man’s face clearly. “What the—”

 

“This is your order, Sir.”

 

“A-ah… yeah…” he unconsciously nodded for the waiter to leave him. “Taemin-ah, is Yuri your mom?” he couldn’t believe it, but by the way Yuri looking at Taemin, he was sure Yuri was somehow related to Taemin. But he couldn’t prove it. “But that man… That’s Minho, isn’t that? Choi Minho, the actor who has scandal with Victoria Song? Then what is he doing here with that girl?” his brain was pressed to think quickly. “Or that Minho came here to meet Victoria through Yuri, Victoria’s friend? This is crazy…”

 

As if on cue, the door opened again. This time everyone on the spot was mesmerized by the arrival of the said model. She walked like she was on the catwalk even though she had covered his face by his scarf and a hat, yet her gestures told it all. The said model took a seat across of Minho, and Heechul could see the smile. A smile he usually showed to his beloved boyfriend, and he was sure they had more than friends.

 

Heechul crossed his eyebrows. The possible things were: Yuri or Victoria is Taemin’s mother. Minho is Taemin’s father, then. That makes Minho is having an affair with Yuri or Victoria. Geez…

 

Which one is true?

 

^----^

 

Yeorobuuun~ I decided to update today because I have nothing to do again for today :p though seems like I can't update next week because I have exams and I have to focus for it -____- Exams giving me headache, actually ==a

Sorry guys because I make Eunhyuk and Sungmin torture themselves again ;____; but at least they're back~ :D Are Yuri and Minho here making you doubt that Victoria and Nichkhun are Taemin's parents? Hehehehe~

Anywaaaay~ happy reading~ ^^