Chapter 12

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

“You sure don’t want me to take you home?” Donghae asked as they stepped outside their school building; the sky was reddened and collided with the yellow spark of the sun, while the sun itself slowly set down to earth. Donghae himself was walking beside the love of his life, smiling oh so brightly while the other was turning his head repeatedly, looked like he was looking for someone. “Hey, Hyukkie, don’t ignore me…” he pouted. If Kyuhyun was around, Donghae bet Kyuhyun would like to hit his head.

 

“What?” Finally his Hyukkie replied him. Or snapped, to be exact. “Can’t you see I’m busy right now?”

 

Donghae pouted more. Of course he was—how could Eunhyuk snap at him like that when Donghae was being the gentle man for asking him sweetly like that? He should have at least say thanks for asking him or something nice. “What are you doing anyway? It’s not like Sungmin’s waiting for you on the gate or something!”

 

“Who said I’m waiting for Sungmin?” Eunhyuk glared at the fishy. What was his problem anyway? He wasn’t asking this fish to take him home or waiting for Hyoyeon with him or anything. He didn’t even tell the other boy to follow him around like his slave. He didn’t demand him to be his slave or his personal maid like that.

 

“You look like one.” Donghae mumbled, still with a pout on his handsome face. Aww Donghae, better stop pouting if you want to be the man in the relationship. Being cute like that wasn’t helping at all. “If it’s not Sungmin, then who?”

 

“Why did you want to know, anyway? It’s not like it’s included you into this matter.” Eunhyuk glared to the said fishy. He swore he wanted to kill that damn fish if only they didn’t have a project together. After two weeks full of his spoiled behave, now he was trapped deeper with this childish boy. And not only when they met in Kyuhyun’s house, would they absolutely meet in the practice room because apparently Donghae loved dancing, just like him. He thought Donghae joined this club just because of him (he knew Donghae had this strange aura whenever he was around) but he was wrong. Donghae was indeed a good dancer, he saw it with his own eyes.

 

“I’m your friend, Lee Hyukjae!”

 

“Since when, Lee Donghae?”

 

“Since forever!”

 

“You wish, Lee Donghae!”

 

“But we’re indeed friends! Even we’re in the same class, same project group, and same club! We’re definitely friends!”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re my stalker? Because you sounded like one for me.”

 

“Er… you guys… exactly what are you doing?” Kim Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk’s partner ever since they were in middle school, was standing five meters away from both of them, eyebrows scrunched because a little bickering they just had. Exactly what were they doing?

 

“Hyoyeon-ah~” Eunhyuk suddenly became so clingy and hyper, a hand made its way around Hyoyeon’s shoulder as if he wanted Donghae to be jealous over him. It wasn’t like what was you thinking, guys. Eunhyuk usually walked home together with Hyoyeon since their door was next to each other, but since Lee Donghae joined them Eunhyuk felt the latter was just ruined his normal day. It was like a shark followed you silently while you were happily watching little fish swam around you. “Let’s go.”

 

Oh no, Eunhyuk made Donghae pouted more. He even glared at the oblivious Hyoyeon with folded arms, sometimes mumbled things Eunhyuk couldn’t get. “Yah, you should at least let me take you home, monkey!” alright, Donghae… your childish side always popped out whenever you were mad. And that probably what you shouldn’t have said to your beloved crush, Donghae, because your crush wasn’t a monkey.

 

“…What’s exactly happening here, Hyuk?” Hyoyeon asked, shivering slightly because that intents stare he got from the fishy boy. “You didn’t tell me someone will take you home this morning.”

 

“I didn’t and it won’t, anyway. C’mon.”

 

Eunhyuk tugged the confused Hyoyeon along, but without they knowing it, Donghae stepped in and harshly pulled Eunhyuk away from Hyoyeon, leaving the blonde girl stood there all confused. “Well, Hyuk, I’ll see you home then~” Hyoyeon shook his head with a teasing smile. That boy was so obviously jealous.

 

^----^

 

“You know, Taemin, the next time that brat have a fever again, I won’t bother to cook more portion than I should cook. That brat surely knows how I hate him now. Geez… this is driving me crazy…”

 

Sungmin was talking to Taemin (or rather to himself as Taemin couldn’t understand what he said yet) as he fed Taemin on the living room, while the cute baby was munching silently. The baby watched Sungmin, though. He giggled whenever Sungmin facepalmed, and Sungmin couldn’t help but sighed and patted the baby’s head. He was in this frustrated state but Taemin could make him smile almost immediately. Amazing.

 

“Now, since you had your lunch already, let’s sleep~” Sungmin put Taemin’s bowl into the sink, washed it carefully before he picked up the baby from the couch. Taemin was burping twice as Sungmin rocked him in his arms, got a chuckle from his so called mother. “Aigoo Taemin-ah~ cute~”

 

Half an hour later Sungmin stepped out of his room, carefully closed the door because Taemin was just sleeping. He sighed, hands went to massage his stiff body when he remembered he hadn’t thrown the trash yet. It was five o’clock when he left his apartment with a big plastic bag, just the time when Eunhyuk usually went back from his practice at school. He met with Hyoyeon though, on the lift. But Eunhyuk was nowhere to be found.

 

However, after he threw the trash in to the garbage, he found that Eunhyuk was before him. He was with a boy, and Sungmin knew the boy. Smiled because finally he found the one he missed a lot, he made his way to the blonde boy. Before he could reach them, however, something caught his eyes. His eyed widened as realization hit him.

 

“No… it can’t be…”

 

^----^

 

Hankyung leaned on the counter behind him, arms folded as he sighed silently to whatever Heechul had said. They were just talking, or rather Heechul talked to him about yesterday incident and how his now boyfriend saved from his cousin. Even though his boyfriend was famous with his evil yet diva personality, he had this little fear whenever his monkey cousin was threw tantrums or simply glared at him. His eyes were… that narrow. It was kind of scary, really.

 

“But have you met the new neighbor again? I mean, Taemin had been in Sungmin’s hands when you arrived, but didn’t you think you owe him?” Hankyung asked him hesitantly—he didn’t know if Heechul would be offended by asking this. At some points Heechul did owe his neighbor, right? Since Heechul left Taemin there without any words sounded agreeing his decision or something. He knew Heechul; he probably just left Taemin without any proper reason for the neighbor.

 

“Owe what? I didn’t tell him to keep Taemin all day. I just said until I came back, but when I knocked on his door back then, he didn’t open his door.” Heechul shrugged. “I thought he kidnapped Taemin or something. But when I opened my cousin’s door, he was sitting on the couch alone, like he was waiting for me to come. But his face was red, and I knew he was indeed waiting for me.”

 

“And you didn’t say sorry for leaving Taemin that day?” Hankyung asked him again, this time he was lifting his bag from the counter. They shift was over, and after his friend named Hongki and Taecyeon came they would take their leave.

 

“But it’s not fully my fault!” Heechul whined. How cute. Hankyung couldn’t hold himself from pinching those soft cheeks of his boyfriends’. “If you didn’t tell me there was a job I could get, I probably was talking endlessly to Taemin, you know.”

 

“But you called me first.” Hankyung shrugged. A little tease wouldn’t hurt, right? As long as Heechul wasn’t mad, that is. “If you didn’t call me and asked me to find a job for you, you probably didn’t have to hand Taemin to your neighbor, right?” Now, now, it got intense.

 

“But… i-it’s your fault!” Heechul yelled childishly to his now chuckling boyfriend, decided to make that boyfriend of him buy him something for payback by glaring at him. What was he implying for remembering Heechul about this thing again? Did he want to make Heechul apologize to his cousin and his cousin’s lover or just simply want to make Heechul pissed of?

 

“Aww, look who’s PMS-ing right now~” Hankyung cooed on Heechul’s ear. “Kindly—”

 

“Hey, hyungs. Sorry for making you guys waiting too long.” Hongki, one of the employers burst the door opened the same time as Hankyung leaned in to give Heechul a kiss. But well… he took that back, of course.

 

“No problem. Nah, we’ll off.” Hankyung dragged the still sulking Heechul out of the kitchen from the back door, circling his hands around the petite body of his lover as they went along the crowd. “Stop pouting or I’ll kiss you in front of these people, Heechul.” Hankyung threatened, but seemed like Heechul didn’t care at all. He wasn’t a person who thought gay relationship was something wrong. And being the diva he is, he never paid attention to whoever collided with gay couple on the street with annoyed or disgusted expression.

 

“Kissing me won’t make me say sorry to that monkey, Han.” Heechul gave him a cold shoulder. Aww, Hankyung, look what you had done. Heechul just wanted to on his bed tonight, without anything on your body, trust me. But well… with Taemin and his mother around, it wouldn’t be possible, would it? Because Eunhyuk used to that kind of thing. Blame his un-proof room when his previous boyfriend came.

 

“Is spending the night in my place can make your pout away?” Hankyung whispered seductively to Heechul’s right ear, his tongue his upper lip. Oh yes, he indeed missed his lover. “You won’t miss it, right?”

 

“If you buy me hoodie and blazer I want, I’ll be in your door tomorrow at seven straight.”

 

“It settled, then.” Hankyung smirked. Oh god, what things would be happened when Heechul showed up later? Should Hankyung make something to eat before they started doing that? A little fried rice wouldn’t be bad, right?

 

“The hell—YAH!” Hankyung’s imagination got interrupt with Heechul’s screaming right on his left ears. Actually it was not like that—Heechul was screaming his lungs out, so it felt like he screamed at you if you stood right beside him. And what made Hankyung confused, actually, not how Heechul glared at his cousin and his friend, but where Heechul went. He didn’t go to his cousin, but to his apartment building. And there was someone there before Heechul screamed.

 

Something had happened without Hankyung knowing it.

 

^----^

 

It's the update~ XD finally I update this /exhales

Anyway, thank you for comments I got for the latest chapter~ I love you guys /sobs

I decided to post this today because fortunately, today is my birthday~ wooohoooo~ hahaha

Hope you like it, though I think it feels too... boring? I hope not ;___;

Sooooo~ happy reading~ ^^