Chapter 26

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

“Taemin-ah, what do you think? Is it better to cook chicken or beef for tonight? Heechul hyung and Eunhyukkie will like them all, but it will be special if I cook something unusual, right? We seldom have chicken for dinner… should we pick chicken, then?” Sungmin said, more like to himself than to Taemin, thinking deeply for his little so called family dinner tonight. It wasn’t like he was going to have a formal dinner, indeed, but Eunhyuk would bring someone tonight. He texted him earlier, and seems like Sungmin could tell who it was. After such a drama happened the other day, who would Sungmin thought will come today? Of course that boy.

 

So, throwing away his feeling for tonight and acting like a real best friend for Eunhyuk, he made them special dinner. He bet Heechul would bring Hankyung along without him telling him and that makes Sungmin decided to buy a lot ingredients so that all stomachs will be full. No empty space, that’s it. That means there would be double date, huh? Sungmin should prepare to take Taemin away to the park just for them, then. It sounds better that seeing Eunhyuk with Donghae, hmph.

 

Or bring along that neighbor of yours, Sungmin dear.

 

Oh yeah, that neighbor. What? What the hell?! Was I saying that I should tag Kyuhyun along? The hell?!

 

This is crazy. Why the hell did he even think about that evil brat? Even if he was the last person he could invite to his paradise, he wouldn’t pick him up.

 

Oh yeah? Sure, you decide everything, yeah. He wouldn’t be there, yeah. Hmph.

 

Geez, my mind keeps talking itself! Sungmin facepalmed. Okay, he was really going crazy. What was wrong with him for Kyuhyun corrupting in his mind? Without he knew it he thinking about him like he was important or something. He is annoying, indeed, but important? Please…

 

“Sungmin-sshi?” Sungmin snapped his head towards the source of the voice that he heard somewhere. Not that he really forget—it’s just he could easily distracted from his surroundings if he thought of something. Just like now, yeah. A handsome face was met by his sight. Oh well, there were not only one a handsome face in this world, were there?

 

“Oh, hello Khun hyung!” he happily greeted back, feeling relieve Kyuhyun wasn’t the one who called him. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Having meeting here with someone but she’s not come yet.” Nichkhun, his co-worker at the café he worked, shrugged. “Going shopping with your… son?”

 

“Oh…” stupid, he cursed himself. “This is Taemin, hyung. Well, you can say that he is my son. I’m proudly present, then,” he giggled. Oh yeah, what things he could do to have a child like this? It’s not like he was giving his to a certain girl and then Taemin is born. He is so not like that.

 

“Did you say—”

 

“Oh, hi.” Out of nowhere Cho ing Kyuhyun showed up, looking like he was Sungmin’s company because he put everything he got on the cart, really normal for Nichkhun but not for Sungmin. He even widened his eyes, unconsciously pouting at the manner, showing all that he didn’t want Kyuhyun did that. “You’re Sungmin’s co-worker, right? Nice to meet you.”

 

“Erm… seems like I saw you before. Did you happen to be in the café when I was around? I swear I see you somewhere.”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun bowed his body. “I did visit your workplace sometimes,” he gave a smile. “Taemin-ah, do you want to buy something before we go back?” he picked the happy Taemin up and brought him to toy section, leaving a sulking Sungmin and a confused Nichkhun.

 

“You didn’t tell me that you have a little happy family, Sungmin.” Nichkhun smiled teasingly, just found out that Sungmin wasn’t that happy like when they were just meeting. Sungmin was pouting like a little child, and he could take a conclusion that Kyuhyun wasn’t his real roommate. He met the roommate before—he thought his roommate changed his hair’s color but then again, Kyuhyun was too tall for being Lee Hyukjae. “So you’re the umma, hm? I can tell that you do your part well.” Nichkhun took a look at the cart.

 

“I-it’s not like what you think!” Sungmin quickly retorted. —what the hell Kyuhyun was doing here anyway? He was like a stalker stalking him like this. Peeping out like a ghost isn’t nice to have in this kind of time, really.

 

“Alright, alright.” Nichkhun chuckled. “By the way, is Sungmin really your son? I mean, you’re too young… and I haven’t seen you with a girl except your senior from college. So?” he’s curious he knew, and he couldn’t hold it any longer.

 

“Taemin’s…” another came, he should know it. This is exactly what will happen if he tells his friends about Taemin. Suddenly become curious and keep asking about Taemin’s parents’ whereabouts because they don’t believe that Sungmin can have a child at this age. He approves that he hasn’t interested with girls, but what is wrong in having a child? He can get a kid from everywhere even in the trash bin, right? People are crazier nowadays, anyway. “He’s actually…” should he tell Nichkhun or not?

 

“You’re still here?” this is the first time Sungmin felt relieve at Kyuhyun’s presence. He should thank him later—if he didn’t forget, that’s it. “C’mon, we have to hurry before Donghae comes.”

 

“A-ah… y-yeah… bye, Nichkhun hyung. See you in workplace.” Sungmin waved him goodbye before he followed Kyuhyun and Taemin to the cashier.

 

“Kyuhyun?” the younger one turned his head to the voice. They were just paying their things—or should I say Kyuhyun paid them all. Sungmin had no time to take out his wallet because Kyuhyun handed Taemin to him and then he just knew Kyuhyun paid them all. “Thanks.”

 

“I’ll get my dinner later, right?” he smirked and left a frozen Sungmin behind with a surprisingly happy Taemin in his arms. What the hell was that? He said he would his dinner? Then that means he would come over and had dinner with him, right? Then his denied thoughts were being real? Is that so?

 

His thought was distracted by a soft flash he felt on his cheek. He blinked cutely, finding out that Taemin’s lips were the soft flesh that touched his cheek. Taemin was all smiling, even a giggle escaped from his tiny lips, looking back at him like he knew what Sungmin was thinking just now. Taemin kissed his cheek again, and another giggle escaped. Look at how cute this baby is~ Sungmin could play with him only all day.

 

Just like that, he forgot about dinner tonight.

 

^----^

 

He bit his lips. He couldn’t help it at all. He should touch him before, but his hands were unable to move, like something was attached to it. He could only gaze when another one take him away. He wanted to shout, but he knew it wasn’t a good idea. He was the stranger there, not the other person.

 

 He was the stranger.

 

He wanted to take him when his friend said that they should go. Don’t, he screamed mentally. They shouldn’t go because he wanted to be with him a little longer. He was waiting long enough to have this kind of meeting but he could not touch him. Again, he told himself, he was the stranger.

 

Without him realize it, a lone tear made its way down his cheek.

 

^----^

 

“Is it really okay?”

 

“What?”

 

“I mean, coming to your place? You’re living with two roommates, and I know one of them, but…”

 

“It’s okay.” Eunhyuk shrugged. “Just tell them you want to see Taemin. They’ll let you in.”

 

“You know…” Donghae scratched neck. How he said this? That the other roommate didn’t like him because of the long-forgot accident? But that was long forgotten! He should not remember it anymore because he was really scary back then. He was acting like he put Donghae on his black-list and would always kick Donghae away. “I met your other roommate and apparently he didn’t like me…”

 

“Then make him like you!” Eunhyuk said desperately. He was bored to hear it—Donghae said the same things again and again since two hours ago. Okay, he might be happy because he said yes eagerly to his invitation, but minutes later he asked about what he asked just now. It was extremely annoying, and Eunhyuk would just say he canceled the invitation but the brunette’s head was that eager that he had no heart to do that. He wasn’t that evil, you know.

 

“H-how?” Donghae asked, stuttering. Actually Eunhyuk knew who Donghae talked about was since he mentioned about Sungmin. No, that person is not Sungmin—it’s Kim Heechul. His lovely-slash-diva-slash-evil cousin, the one who suddenly butted in between Sungmin and him in the middle of their crisis because of Taemin’s emergence. He knew Heechul did everything to make Eunhyuk and Sungmin back after their childish quarrel, but without they wanted it they wouldn’t be back together like now. He should’ve done something back then, but he didn’t. He regretted it, but he couldn’t hope more.

 

Eunhyuk sighed. He mentally hit Donghae on the head and on the stomach. “Talk to him. Make him like you, bring him something. You have brain there, don’t you? Then use it!” stomped his feet, silently warning Donghae to not asking anymore. He heard enough. Little did he know, Donghae was smiling all the way. He was happy to know that Eunhyuk cared for him; even he dared to ask him to have dinner tonight. It was unexpected. It was more than he hoped every night. He hopes this is not the end.

 

“You know, you’re cute when you’re mad,” Donghae chuckled silently, deciding to not inviting Eunhyuk’s bad mood in such a beautiful afternoon. He wouldn’t want to be kicked out because of that, after all.

 

“Quit it already!” Donghae’s smile got wider—he knew very well Eunhyuk would blush hard whenever he complements him. Oh God, he can’t ask more than this.

 

^----^

 

KyuMin and EunHae momments for you guuuys~ XD

Because today is Saturday and I have nothing to do, so i decided to update today~ hope I can update twice or even three times next week and the next week too because I have no school, yeaaaah~ >3

Anywaaaay--Heechul will come soon~ hahahaha. And Nichkhun, quickly get your son back! hahaha~

Happy reading, anywaaaay~ ^^