Chapter 36

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

 

“Hae… do you think I can make it?” Eunhyuk asked silently as he was in the practice room with Donghae, in the corner of the room, exhausted from the moves they had done. Donghae handed him a bottle of water before he could faint; the drink passed down easily though his throat was really dry. Donghae took a seat beside him, completely out of the topic.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“You see… tomorrow is the day.” The blonde head stared at his bottle instead of his boyfriend’s eyes. “I don’t think I can accept it. Heechul hyung hasn’t known about it yet, and I’m afraid he won’t let Taemin go…”

 

“Taemin?” Donghae’s ears jerked up at the name. “It’s already the time? But I thought he’ll go when everything has settled down?”

 

“Yeah…” Eunhyuk sighed at the fact. It was three weeks after the meeting in Nichkhun’s house the other day, the day where everything was revealed. Who Taemin’s parents are and how he ended up on Sungmin and Eunhyuk’s shared door. It was complicated that Sungmin just sat down after the explaining Yuri did all day, obviously he was holding back his tears. “Apparently Taemin’s mother had decided to have him back in no time… and when I said no time, it is no time.”

 

“What do you mean, having Taemin back?”

 

“She will have a press confers, Hae.” Eunhyuk whined—why his boyfriend became this slow in this thing? If only he wasn’t his boyfriend, he surely had hit him three times. “She will tell everyone who watches the TV that she has a child and she will stop from her job to look after her son! Don’t you get it?”

 

“Do you think she will really do that?” Donghae now doubted it. Leaving a job like her wasn’t that easy as you stopped from your job as a manager in a certain company. She had this public figure that everyone adores of, and if she just quit her job like that with bad image she had right now was something everybody wouldn’t do that easily. “Her job isn’t formed as easy as peel an orange, right? She should think twice to step back from her current life.”

 

“Or maybe she thinks that her final goal is with Taemin and Nichkhun hyung in such a sweet home.” Eunhyuk shrugged. He was worried with his life aftermath—what will happen to both Heechul and Sungmin? Heechul was oblivious with everything which slowly revealed. He knew he should tell Heechul no matter what, and maybe Heechul could help too. But Taemin was Nichkhun and Victoria’s. They deserved Taemin more than Eunhyuk. “What should I do, Hae?”

 

Donghae jutted out his hands, slowly reaching for the blonde head. He kissed the other guy’s head before he tightened his hold. “If only Taemin is ours…”

 

“He w-was…” now it was Eunhyuk who searched for the warmth Donghae always gave to him. His tears couldn’t be held back anymore—it made its way across Eunhyuk’s cheek slowly, like afraid of scratching his white, soft skin by a slight touch.

 

“Whatever happens, promise me you won’t even forget Taemin as your child,” Donghae use his hand to wipe Eunhyuk’s wet face gently. He got a nod for a reply. “And always pray for him whenever you are.”

 

^----^

 

“What is this all about?”

 

“The news says anything, don’t you think?”

 

The tension was tensed as it was always be between the two persons who had different gender it was something usual for them to be collided like this since god knows when, all along the man was fuming towards the woman while the woman was all calm. Just like that, and after that the man would go on his own will. But today wouldn’t be like that. Things were getting serious and hell would he back off now.

 

“What the hell is this all about I asked you!” he fumed, hands fisted for not throwing himself on the girl because something bad would probably happen.

 

“Victoria has given everything up.” Heechul went stay on his place. What was she saying? If Victoria had given up her everything then… Taemin… no. That couldn’t be right, right? Taemin wouldn’t move out from the house, would he? What would happen with Sungmin and Eunhyuk later? This couldn’t be right. “She said he wanted to live with Nichkhun from now on, after she talked to Lee Sooman. Although I’m not that sure he will accept it open heartedly, I bet she will do anything.”

 

“…”

 

“What’s your problem, anyway? Aren’t you happy Taemin finally finds his parents?” Yuri stood up from her seat. She was upset too, to be honest. She had fought for almost six years now in SM Entertainment yet she had to let it go because of her model. If only Sooman didn’t make her to be her manager she wouldn’t be here. She would be anywhere but here with another model who could listen to her on everything, every time. Scandals wouldn’t be that bad, okay—she could accept that, and of course no problems but his or her career for her. It was depressing her but she had to stand for her model no matter what. And now that her model wouldn’t be a model anymore, when she could get a job if SM hadn’t planned on getting a new group?

 

“My problem, you ask?” Heechul wasn’t mused, really. He was on his line, it almost crossed but he held it hardly. “First, I know how Taemin was found on my cousin’s door from the very first time I stepped inside their house. That wasn’t nice and I wouldn’t let that touch Taemin ever again because of that. Second, don’t you have a heart? How do you feel when your favorite brother’s taken away from you? He’s your treasure, the only person you have to look for, to love. Do you think they’re happy to know that their baby’s real mother has come back and decided to take him away?” Yuri’s silence was driving him madder. This person was probably a hard-headed one.

 

“Look,” he bit his bottom lips for preventing him to yell or bad, kill her. But what should he say? That Victoria had to let Taemin with Sungmin and Eunhyuk instead? Or for them to take Taemin when Sungmin and Eunhyuk weren’t home so that they wouldn’t cry a river to see their so called son gone before their eyes? Life is harsh, indeed. “I know Taemin is your model’s son but…” but what? He had nothing to say anymore. He couldn’t say it, not when Taemin’s true place wasn’t with him. “Be gentle, okay? Don’t make them cry, take care of Taemin.”

 

Yuri was smirking. She knew this man had this soft part of him. Although he was pretty and all, his attitude towards her wasn’t that nice. He was harsh, witty and snarky. His heart was melted by Taemin, surprisingly. “You tell me to fetch Taemin just like fetching a kid from kindergarten? Are you serious?” she chuckled a bit.

 

“As long as nobody… hurts…”

 

In the end, he received a glare from the manager girl.

 

^----^

 

Nichkhun was just out from the bathroom when he spotted his cousin who always spent his time in his condominium recently. He was playing with his phone, waiting for Nichkhun out of the bathroom. Nichkhun was oblivious on what he was doing here today because usually he brought something to tell him if he visited him. Although he thought Jungmo would visit him in the café if he didn’t take a rest for today, but seeing him in this hour right on his couch was… rare.

 

“You came,” he greeted him, heels made its way towards the couch. “Something happened?”

 

Jungmo glanced at him. “Didn’t you see the pres confers?” he asked lazily. “You have to know that your girl was telling everyone about your son. Although the boss doesn’t like it, but she insisted that she will back off from the entertainment world to be with her son.” Nichkhun was speechless. Victoria didn’t say anything to him yet she decided everything on her own. It risked her life, he thought she would need advices from him but she didn’t go to him. It was about them, anyway. “And I heard she would find a place for herself after this. Though I bet she will come to you first to beg you to come with her.”

 

“I didn’t know…”

 

“Of course you didn’t know,” the younger one rolled his eyes to this. “You didn’t even ask her what she was doing, right? I know you’re busy thinking about this over and over. I know you’ll take Taemin but in the same time you don’t want to hurt Sungmin and Victoria’s feeling.”

 

“It’s not that easy as I had thought.” Nichkhun palmed his face. He was awake all night just thinking about this yet he hadn’t found the conclusion. But Victoria had taken a start line. She was a step ahead and probably he would follow after. The first thing he should do then meet the girl he had loved for over three years now. It takes time for proposing her, but at least they should live one roof from now on. Finally the time his future family is together came. “I will see her today,” he said determinately. “We’ll talk things first, than take Taemin. Wish me luck, Jungmo.”

 

Jungmo didn’t show that he was listening but Nichkhun knew he was. Jungmo didn’t like Victoria for this, for leaving Taemin with the Lees but he knew Taemin would need her no matter what. So without complaining he left the house that day, letting his cousin got ready for the life he had been waiting for.

 

^----^

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY URI EVIL MAKNAE~~~  <3

He's finally 26 years old~~ marry Min already, maknae =))=))

Anywaaaaaay--I have to tell you guys this story will end by two more chapters ;____; I'll have to take my rest for a bit for the preparation -,-

Actually, I thought of posting this chapter last Friday but then I remembered that today's Kyuhyun's birthday that I decided to post it today =)) though I don't think about a one shot or something... ( .__.) I'm a busy lately ==a

Thank you for you guys for supporting this story by subscribing and commenting~~~ ^O^ I hope you guys will still read this, tho ;___; since I know how boring this story is... ==a sorrry

Okaaaaaay--happy reading~~ ^^