Chapter 8

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

“We sho—Taemin?! Why are you here?!”

 

Sungmin snapped. What was Eunhyuk saying about? Who was the name that Eunhyuk saying? Really—Taemin? He quickly stood up and dashed to one room where Eunhyuk was just yelling, he immediately picked Taemin up and hugged him, a lone tear falling down his cheek. He was really worried about Taemin. He didn’t want something bad happened yet he didn’t know where or what Taemin was doing. And then suddenly Eunhyuk said the name Sungmin was worried about. And the owner was just sitting there happily with his little toy, didn’t even understand the situation at all.

 

“H-how…”

 

“I don’t know, okay?” Kyuhyun, the owner of the apartment said. “I got fever last night so I didn’t go to school. Then came this anonymous man in front of my door and said that he wanted to go, so I should look after the baby for him today but before I could say anything he was already gone.” He shrugged his shoulder lightly. He didn’t want to be mistaken as the kidnaper because of that damn pretty man. No way.

 

“…are you sure?” Eunhyuk barely whispered.

 

“What… are you doing?” Jungmo appeared, brows frowned as a baby flashed before him. He never saw the baby before—is that Eunhyuk’s or Sungmin’s? Then again, is that their baby or just simply their nephew? Oh, the baby must be Donghae’s, right? It’s in his cousin’s house, after all. Jungmo shouldn’t think too much. “Shouldn’t we do our project?” this time his right eyebrow raised.

 

“Y-yeah… can you start it alone for a while? I have something to do.” Sungmin mumbled as he eyed Taemin in his arms. Just then Taemin threw his toy and started crying. Oh good, Sungmin thought. He couldn’t do his project if Taemin cried.

 

“Let them alone, c’mon.” Eunhyuk, being the best friend he is, skipped to Jungmo and tugged him to the living room to start their project. Sungmin should thank him later, hahahah.

 

Sungmin let out a sigh. He checked Taemin’s diaper and cursed under his breath as he glared at the babysitter who was now even didn’t look at his way. “Yah, you should at least change his diaper!” he grabbed Taemin’s bag and pulled out a new diaper from inside after he laid Taemin on the bed. He didn’t know who the owner of the bad is. Oh well, it was urgent.

 

“What? I don’t even know how to put a diaper! And I don’t know when I should change the diaper!” Kyuhyun snapped back at the stranger. No, he couldn’t get it. First the anonymous man earlier, and then the new neighbor snapped at him? The hell.

 

Sensing something bad would be happened, Donghae gulped down his saliva. “Erm… guys? I’ll help Eunhyuk and Jungmo, okay?” and with that he dashed out of the room.

 

Meanwhile the real owner of the room was gaping at the sight. Sungmin had put away the dirty diaper from Taemin, who was struggling on the bed, screaming oh so loudly that almost made Kyuhyun threw his pillow at him. He held it, by the way—don’t worry.

 

“Taemin-ah, it’s okay. Umma’s here so don’t cry anymore, okay?” Sungmin said sweetly although the baby still struggled in his arms. Kyuhyun raised his brows at this.

 

“You call yourself ‘umma’? Really neighbor, really?” he snorted. After all Sungmin is a boy. He shouldn’t call himself an umma, right?

 

“What? It’s not your business, so please shut up.” Sungmin replied as he put the new diaper, smiled in satisfaction at his finished job before he picked Taemin up and snuggled him. “Now, now, umma’s here, right? So stop crying, okay?” he said gently as he patted Taemin on the back. Taemin calmed down after a while—he even snuggled back to Sungmin’s shoulder.

 

Little did Sungmin know Kyuhyun watched every gesture of him with a smirk, like a predator ready to eat its prey. Kyuhyun exhaled as Taemin slowly closed his lids, head rested comfortably on Sungmin’s shoulder as his pillow, little snores that escaped from that cute, little mouth of him. Sungmin, humming a lullaby for Taemin to sleep, glared at the young man before him as Kyuhyun watched him endlessly. It was annoying to have someone watching over you like that, really.

 

“Stop staring at me like that.”

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows. “Who says I’m staring at you, bunny boy? I’m staring at your child.” Well yeah, being an evil he is, he smirked. He knew something was fishy about the baby and he would find out, no matter what. He was their neighbor, after all, and this little bunny over here really made a different impression from the last time they met. The orange head seemed like an innocent boy back then when he sent his spaghetti to Kyuhyun. But now he liked a PMS-ing girl who was forced to take care of a child.

 

“You—just stop staring!” Sungmin whined. Aww, his aegyo. It was just natural on him, you know. He even pouted.

 

Kyuhyun smirked deeper.

 

It would be fun, he thought.

 

^----^

 

“What happened?” Jungmo asked as soon as Donghae sat beside him in Kyuhyun’s living room, worried all over his face. Eunhyuk bit his bottom lips, praying Donghae didn’t mention about Taemin at all. But as Donghae spoke, his hope shattered.

 

“There’s a baby—you saw it, right?” Donghae widened his eyes. “That’s Sungmin’s, you know. He’s living across this room. But I don’t know how the baby ended in my cousin’s arms, though. He hasn’t told me yet.” He shrugged.

 

“Sungmin’s? But if the baby is Sungmin’s, then… you’re living with them too?” Jungmo turned to Eunhyuk. No, not Taemin, he mentally said. “Right? Where the mother?”

 

Eunhyuk gulped.

 

Oh no—Sungmin didn’t want it.

 

“The mother… came yesterday… yeah, yesterday. She said she needs to go somewhere for a while, so she entrusted the baby with us. She’s Sungmin’s aunt, though.” Eunhyuk exhaled slowly. He knew Donghae was looking at him right now. Not caringly, but evilly. He just knew. And he didn’t look back because if he looked back, he would be gulped and then Jungmo would know.

 

“Ah… so you two have to look after the baby for the mean time?”

 

“Yeah…” Eunhyuk grinned skeptically. He should tell Sungmin later about this.

 

“Yah, fishy, do you know what your friend calls himself? Umma!” Kyuhyun, the lovely cousin of Donghae came from his room with a big grin, kind of annoying for Eunhyuk. He just knew Sungmin was the one he mentioned. “How sweet he calls himself umma for his baby.” Kyuhyun laughed. Hard.

 

“Sungmin did what?” Jungmo widened his eyes. Eunhyuk straighten his body. No, don’t think wrongly, Jungmo, Eunhyuk prayed in his mind. “But then again, he is a lovely person. It’s natural for him to do that.” Jungmo shrugged his shoulder.

 

“I-I know, right?” Eunhyuk said loudly, earned a glance from Donghae and a glare from Kyuhyun. What was wrong with that guy, anyway? He seemed love to glare at Eunhyuk and Sungmin. “It’s normal for him,” he added.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes before he went back to his room.

 

“Stop stuttering, Eunhyuk, or Jungmo will be suspicious.” Donghae smirked after that, earned a glare from the blonde and a confused stare from Jungmo. Oh yeah, he intended to make Jungmo fell into his words, after all. So why bother with Eunhyuk’s glare, right?

 

“W-who’s stuttering?! And what Jungmo will be suspicious about?”

 

“About anything, you know.” Donghae shrugged.

 

Had he said how much he loved Eunhyuk’s face when he panicked like that? Eunhyuk looked like a child when he stuttered like that. Donghae just simply fell for this guy. From the beginning. But this guy seemed like didn’t care about his surroundings as his so called best friend around him. He is always eager when he bided goodbye to Donghae everyday, his eyes sparkled like a little child, his plump lips stretched out being a good, beautiful smile that he wanted to be thrown at. But it sounded so impossible.

 

It hurt badly when you loved someone but he didn’t even spare you a glance. It just… simply hurt. But Donghae wouldn’t stop easily. He was strong, and open-minded that nobody could prevent him from loving anyone he wanted. And Sungmin wasn’t the one prevented him from having Eunhyuk. He could consider them as best friend—as long as them didn’t start going out and being a lovey-dovey couple.

 

“You speak nonsense, Donghae.” Eunhyuk grunted. “Now read that damn pages or I’ll shove my socks in your mouth!”

 

“Whatever you say, monkey.”

 

“You call me what?!”

 

“If you two don’t stop arguing I swear I’ll shove those thick books down your throat!”

 

^----^

 

“Can’t you bring your child back to your house?” Kyuhyun leaned his body on the door as he stepped inside his room. “My room’s dirty because of your child’s .”

 

“Can’t you use nicer words to me? Because your words just getting me on my nerves!” Sungmin stomped his foot. Well… what should I say? He indeed like a child, and Kyuhyun just got amuse at the sight. It is rare to have a senior behave like a kid wanted a candy, right?

 

“Why should I?” Kyuhyun quirked an eyebrow. “Feed him outside, will you? I need my sleep right now and you’re not helping at all.”

 

“Can’t you help me this once? I don’t want Jungmo look at me like this. I mean, I know he’s a nice boy, but I don’t think he wil—”

 

“Just shut the up!” Kyuhyun growled. “You don’t know I have a fever and my head is aching really badly right now after your friend left this baby to me!” Kyuhyun messaged his temple. “Having Donghae here with his friends really get me headache, let alone with that baby of yours.”

 

“Let me feed him here… just for five minutes, okay? Pleaaaseeee?” Sungmin blinked his eyes cutely. Damn that doe, big eyes of him. That really set him like a lost child. Oh no, what this flip in his chest? And what about these butterflies in his stomach? . What feeling is this? Kyuhyun sighed, titled his head as he folded his arms. He grunted to answer that question. “Thank you~” Sungmin said sweetly and continued feeding Taemin who was already closed his eyes.

 

Just five minutes, Kyuhyun, hold it. Than you’ll have your precious sleep.

 

^----^

 

Comments' Reply:

@Bluecassy7: I know, right? But I wonder if Donghae's the one Heechul gives Taemin, tho. LOL must be amazing

@HyeriMin: Hello~ welcome to my amazingly impossible world~ lol. I can't wait to see Kyumin's moments too~ XD and I've written one~ /smirk

@mysara: Have I mentioned how I love you? ;___; You gave me this long comment and I can't reply as I should ;___; About Heechul... I can't say anything, can I? /puppy eyes haha. Anyway, about Kyuhyun being a father... maybe that's because he has a fever? LOL Idk

@KIMparkshi: I know, right? XD I love that scene though~ but I love the other scene where Eunhyuk and Sungmin... /cough okaaaaay I should stop now =)) and well~ it's the update~ :3


Thank you everyone, for reading and commenting on this fics~ saranghae :* It has 1000+ viewers, and I couldn't be happier ;___; even the subscribers reach 30+, I'm being proud of this fics ;___;

 

See, Femy, this all for you~ :* She's my classmate, anyway :D