Back To Work... For Real This Time

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

 

Two weeks after my whole incident and a week after I got my stitches out, I got called into YG. Well, I actually got called while I was doing a chemo treatment. TOP was onset for his movie, so Seungri came with me to the hospital, Mina and Jae Sun in tow as well. I hated these appointments. The first one gave me such bad nausea, I couldn't even keep water down that whole day. Not only that, but it took almost an hour to do.
 
I was sitting on the hospital bed after the nurse stuck the needle into my arm, and a good twenty minutes had passed. Seungri was sitting in the chair next to the bed, Mina on his lap. Jae Sun was on my bed next to me, away from my IV. I felt so tired and... Weak. Like I had no strength for anything. I couldn't imagine how people in worse stages of cancer could deal with this.
 
My phone suddenly rang, and Seungri went to answer it for me, but I shook my head. "I got it..." I sighed. I grabbed my phone and answered. "Hello?"
 
"Natalia, what are you doing right now?" YG asked on the other line immediately.
 
I coughed. My throat felt scratchy from all the throwing up. "I'm getting my third chemo treatment, why?" I held my head. It was throbbing.
 
"When you're done, I need you to come to YG. I have a new project for you. It will be fun and interesting. Tomorrow you'll start practicing."
 
I sighed and winced a little. "O-okay. I'll be there in about an hour."
 
"Are you well enough for it?"
 
I nodded though he couldn't see me, and I tried to sound more chipper. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll be there, okay?"
 
"Alright." YG said.
 
We hung up, and I set my phone down. 
 
"Who was that?" Seungri asked as he stood to grab Jae Sun. He set him on his lap with Mina.
 
"Just YG." I sighed and shook my head. "He uh... He needs me to come to YG after this." I immediately was overcome with a huge sense of nausea. Seungri noticed this, and grabbed the waste basket. I grabbed it just in time, and threw up. Barely anything came out.
 
"You literally turned a shade of green for that. That's how I knew you were going to be sick." Seungri commented quietly. "You don't need to go to YG."
 
"It's my contract, Ri. It's my job. I need to do it. I can't disappoint my boss."
 
Seungri sighed. "If you're constantly throwing up at your job, then it's not like you'll be very useful. Hyung said I have to keep you safe when he's not around, and he's filming a movie. So I have to keep you safe."
 
"I need to go. He said he just needs to talk to me about it, Seungri. I practice tomorrow, and I don't have chemo tomorrow. It's perfect. It's-" I gagged and threw up again.
 
"Not going to be fun." Seungri sighed as he watched me wearily.
 
--------
 
"Thank you so much, Ri." I sighed as we stepped out of the YG elevator, on YG's office floor. Seungri was pushing the twins' stroller since I really couldn't since I was so tired. I also felt sick constantly.
 
"No problem sweetheart." Seungri smiled weakly as we entered YG's office.
 
YG was sitting at his couch, on the phone in Korean, so I didn't know what he was saying. All I knew was that I needed to sit down now.
 
YG immediately saw us and waved us in, and Seungri and I sat at the couch, on the other end. Seungri took Mina and Jae Sun out and set them on the floor so they could crawl around.
 
I groaned and leaned forward and put my head in my hands. The room was spinning, and I felt sick. Throwing up in front of my boss didn't seem to be a good plan, though.
 
YG finally hung up, and turned to face us. "Sorry about that. How are you feeling."
 
"I'll be fine." I said weakly, waving him off.
 
"You don't look as good as I thought you would be. This has only been your third treatment?"
 
I nodded slowly.
 
YG sighed. "Well, I'll make this quick then. I've been in touch with a few other companies. SM and JYP to name a couple. And we have decided to make a special girl group. It won't be a serious one. We'll just do probably one single and that's it. But we decided to use our most powerful rappers and dancers from our agency. You are both for YG. Natalia, I want you to be in the new sub-group Impact."
 
"Who else is in it?" I asked, sitting up to look at YG.
 
"Minzy, Hyoyeon from SM, Jia from JYP, Hyori, and Ga in. You girls are the iest in K-Pop. This band would be amazing."
 
"Wow." Seungri even nodded. "That is amazing."
 
Mina had crawled over to YG, so YG picked her up and sat her in his lap. He was such a teddy bear with the twins. "I agree. It would be a great thing if you could, Natalia. I know your health isn't the best, but it would just be one song. You'll react better to the therapy as time goes by, too, I'm sure. If you didn't do this group, then the group wont exist. It's crucial to have everyone."
 
"How's Minzy?" I asked, rubbing my temples.
 
"Her injuries are almost healed completely. She has a few bruises, but those will go away in time."
 
I nodded, sighed, and leaned back. "Okay."
 
"You'll do it?" YG asked.
 
I nodded. "Yeah. I'll do it. When's practice?"
 
"Tomorrow at six in the morning sharp. Since we have the underground dance studio, ours will be used."