Easier Said Than Done. Especially if You Speak Korean!

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

 At 5 a.m, TOP and I walked out of our hotel room with Mina and Jae Sun. We were dropping them off with my parents, then going to the YG headquarters here in Chicago. It was about to be a long day.

I yawned and looked down at Mina in my arms, who was sleeping, snuggled up against my big (well, it was TOP's) Big Bang sweatshirt which stopped at mid-thigh, which I paired with rainbow zebra print leggings, my Jeremy Scott Wings for Adidas shoes, straightened hair, and Taeyang's black and yellow smiley face ha he had given me over a year ago. I was dressed for comfort for sure.

TOP had opted for an old YG family concert zip-up hoodie, black v-neck t shirt, black beanie hat, and jeans. He had his glasses on, too. "They are so lucky they get to sleep." I sighed, turning down the hall my parents' room was in.

"I know." TOP yawned. I knocked on my parents door, and my dad answered it.

"Good morning you two." he yawned, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Hey dad." I replied. We both stepped into the room.

"Your mother is finishing getting ready."

"Okay." I nodded. We had my parents get the baby swings from our house, and they were now in their room. So I set Mina in one, and TOP followed my lead with Jae Sun. I handed my dad the diaper bag. "Okay, their bottles and extra formula are in there, the diapers and wipes are in the pocket. If they start crying and they aren't hungry or have a dirty diaper, show Mina her Seungri doll or Jae Sun his Bom doll. If you need anything just call us. I'm not sure what time either of us will be done but--"

"Natalia." Dad stopped me.

"What?" Dad smiled. "I think we got it. We took care of you and your siblings pretty well. Now, go to work. We got them."

"Okay." I sighed. I kissed Mina and Jae Sun on their foreheads. "Be good for grandma and grandpa, okay? Appa and I will be back tonight." I stood up straight and looked at my dad. "We'll try to be back as early as we can."

"Don't worry about it. Take as long as you need." Dad said.

I looked and Mina and Jae Sun. This was the first time I would be leaving them with someone that wasn't their own dad. Why did I feel choked up?

"Oh no." my dad chuckled. "I know that look. Your mother had that look the first time she left Angelina with her mother." he looked at TOP. "If I were you, I'd take her out before the waterworks start."

"They're-they're too young for a sitter." I sniffled, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "I'll have Big Bang with me. Maybe with their help I can take them to the studio and--"

"Ohhh no. Nope. Come on." TOP shook his head and put his hands on my shoulders and turned me to face the door. He looked back at my dad. "Thanks, Roberto. We should be back by one or two in the morning."

"I can't leave them!" I growled.

"They're with your parents." TOP sighed. He took me out of the room.

He shut the door, and I turned to face him, crying. "They're too young. I can't leave them without either of us. They're only two months old!"

TOP put his arms around me. "I know, okay? But they are with their grandparents. We trust them. We'll be back soon. We need to go work now. For them."

----

TOP and I walked into the entrance at YG Chicago, and we walked over to the cafeteria to grab some coffee (well, coffee for him, water for me). "Hey, Marge." I smiled at the middle aged chef behind the counter.

"Good morning you two." marge smiled. She handed TOP a to go coffee cup. "Your order, Top. And Natalia," she handed me a water and small fruit salad. "There you go."

"Thanks." I smiled. We walked out of the cafeteria, and headed to the studio rooms.

When we were in the correct hallway, we heard a voice behind us. "Top-oppa! Mianhe! I am late!"

We both turned around, and a small Korean girl was hurrying our way, dressed in a black hoodie with the hood up and a flat-rimmed hat. She wasn't wearing any makeup.

"You're late, Euna? Then does that mean we are early to be late?" TOP chuckled.

She stopped and bowed to TOP, then once to me. "Anneyonghasseo. I am Euna Kim. You are Natalia. We haven't officially met before. I did see you at the YG office in Seoul when you were there, I was just too nervous to say anything. It's great to meet you now."

I smiled. "I probably would remember your face, but with the accident and memory loss, ya know."

Euna covered . "Omo! I am so sorry I brought that up! Mianhe."

I giggled and shook my head. "You're fine. It's nice to meet you." I looked at TOP. "Well, I better get to work. Have fun, you two."

TOP leaned over and kissed me quickly on the lips. "By, jagi. Let's meet up for lunch, okay?"

"Okay." I walked into Studio A , and Big Bang was already in there. "Sorry I'm late." I apologized, shutting the door behind me. "I kinda had a little meltdown when we dropped the twins off..."

"It's fine." Jiyong yawned, stretching. "Let's go ahead and get started with Fantastic Baby first." he held out a lyrics sheet and I took it.

I walked over to the couch and sat between Daesung and Seungri. "Read the first lyric under Top's part, so we can determine how much help you'll need." Taeyang told me, turning around in his chair.

I looked at it. It looked like gibberish. "Uh.... This looks... hard."

"It won't be. Remember when we learned I Know in a night? You have just as long for this, and it isn't even a full song." Seungri told me.

I cleared my throat and looked at the first line: Hana buteo yeol kkaji modeunge, da han suwi. I tried to pronounce it. "Hanah booteyo yeol kajee moodeunge, da han suwi."

Daesung was the first to crack up laughing. I hit him lightly with the paper. "Hey, have a little sympathy! I'm not one bit Korean!"

"You did well with da han suwi." Jiyong told me. "The first part... Not so good."

"He raps really fast! Like, I know how it should sound, but I probably won't pronounce it right." I groaned.

Taeyang grabbed his own sheet. "Okay, let's try this. Repeat after me: Hana."

"Hana."

"Buteoyeol. Combine Buteo and yeol."

"Buteyeol."

"Kkaji."

"Kkaji."

"Okay. Now Mo.

"Mo."

"Doon."

"Doon."

"Gay."

"Gay."

"Now put it together: Modeunge."

"Modeunge."

"Now put all that together. Hana buteyeol kkaji modeunge da han suwi."

I repeated him.

Seungri nodded. "Not bad. Not bad."

I sighed. "Maybe Minzy should be Top instead of me. She knows Korean. I could be Ri."

"Dara is me." Seungri pointed out. "Minzy is Taeyang."

"Well then Dara can be Taeyang." I shrugged.

"Nope. You can do it, baby." Jiyong told me. "You just need to practice."

-------------------------------------------------

We ended up doing just this until eleven in the morning. Six straight hours of rapping, and Boomshakalaka-ing. I was about to go insane.

But, I was getting it down. So well to the point Jiyong had me go into the recording booth. But this wasn't going well, either. He was telling me to stress differently syllables and everything, and it was so hard!

After about the tenth time, I let out a frustrated sound after recording and stomped my foot. "I can't freaking get this!"

"Just relax. Rap." Jiyong said.

"Here's the thing, Ji: I'm not a rapper!" I exclaimed, looking at him through the glass window.

"Just act like him!" Seungri urged. "Do what he does!"

"Like this?" I walked out of the recording booth, over to Seungri, and saluted him. "Yes sir!!" Something TOP always did on 2NE1 TV.

Everyone cracked up. "Exactly. Go, yeobo!"

I walked back into the room, G-Dragon smirked. "Get into the rhythm!"

I was way too tired to take this seriously. I smirked and started using TOP's hand gestures while he rapped. "Yo! I be the official pimp T-O-P! Hana buteyeol kkaji modeunge da han suwi! Yo yo yo! Big Bang, Big Bang! Don't stop! Let's play let's go let's go go go go!" I had my voice go deep, too.

Everyone was laughing hysterically, and Seungri had fallen off the couch laughing while holding his stomach. I decided to keep going. "Yo, girl! Since you went away it hasn't been the same! On and on til' the break of dawn I got the mike and I just keep saying Boomshakalaka! Boomshakalaka, girl!  Look at my monkey magic! Aight? Yo!"

I was laughing with everyone else, and I had just collapsed in the booth on my back in a fit of laughter. I was so going insane.

"What's going on?" I heard TOP ask. He must have walked into the room.

"Yo!" I yelled so the mic would catch. "T-O-P is in the HOUSE!!! Using that monkey magic and Boomshakalaka, you know what I'm saying man?"

Everyone started laughing louder, and I heard a thud. I looked into the room and saw Taeyang fall out of his chair he was laughing so hard.

"I be the T.O.P aiite! I represent the Big Bang big thangs feel me I bring ‘em like damn yo, killing the flow! See the name TOP up in lights, girl!" I kept going while I was laying down.

"What is going on??" TOP asked, extremely confused.

"Hey, babe!" I yelled from the booth, waving my hand so he could see that but not the rest of my body since I was laying down. I put my hand in the shape of a duck and made the 'beak' move. "What's going on?"

Everyone started laughing even more.

"Are you laying down in the recording booth?" TOP asked.

I hopped up and put my hat back on my head. "I was. They told me to act like you."

"And she has currently quoted your raps from Turn it Up, Fantastic Baby, Tonight, Let Me Hear Your Voice, How Gee, and Gara Gara Go." Jiyong snickered.

"Yo yo yo!" I giggled, covering my mouth.

"Do you need help? Euna had to go to the dance studio." TOP asked, looking at me through the glass.

I walked out of the booth, right up to him. Seungri scrambled to his feet and did the same. We both saluted him and said in unison. "Yes, sir!"