No Pain, No Gain

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

 

"Hello?.... No, she's asleep. What's up?" I heard TOP answer my phone quietly, then get up and walk out of the room. I still kept my eyes closed. It was four days after my surgery, and I was still a little sore. I became accustomed to wearing a pair of baggy sweats and one of TOP's button up shirts, because they didn't rub against my stomach. Next week I had to go in for chemo, one hour a day, two days a week for three weeks. It was freaking me out, not the chemo, but the fact we would be in Korea for more than a month, which would put TOP in danger. Maybe I could persuade him to fly home for a moment and check up on the house or...
 
"You want her to what? No. She's not even well enough! There's no ways he would even be able to-" TOP was cut short when he heard one of the twins cry. I knew it was Mina. "... Vinny!"
 
"I got her." Vinny sighed. "She slipped on the floor and smacked her head."
 
"Is she alright?" TOP asked.
 
"Yeah. I got her. I told you the fleece footsie pajamas weren't safe on this wood floor. Damn, it's like an ice rink." Vinny grumbled.
 
I heard TOP sigh, then talk on the phone. "YG... I don't want her performing. That's too much pain... Sing on GD and Friends? Does she have to dance?..... Where's Kim Yuna?..." TOP sighed again, and I sat up from bed, in a breath when I felt pain from my soon to be scar. When would this ever feel the same?
 
"Okay. I'll talk to her about it. Bye." TOP sighed and I heard my phone be placed on a table.
 
I got up and slowly made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My hair was a little messy, but my bangs looked fine, so I put my hair up in a low bun, brushed my teeth, and walked out to the living room.
 
"What was that about?" I winced as I saw TOP sitting on the arm of the couch, rubbing his forhead. He seemed stressed, and I felt terrible. This was all because of me.
 
TOP's head snapped up and to my direction when he heard me. "What are you doing out of bed? You aren't supposed to move!" 
 
"The doctor said when I can bear the pain, then I can for as much as I feel." I sighed. "Who were you talking to on my phone?"
 
"YG." TOP answered, glancing over at Vinny, who was bouncing up and down with Mina, trying to get her to stop crying. "Get some ice for her head, Vincent."
 
"Here, I can take her." I said, holding my arms out. Vinny gently handed her over without arguing, and I held her so her feet weren't touching anywhere near my stomach. It felt so good to actually be able to hold one of my babies, and Mina's crying actually quieted to little whimpers.
 
"Oh no you don't." TOO shook his head. He immediately hurried over and took our child. "She could swing her legs and bump your stitches."
 
"Top, her legs aren't that long..." I sighed. "Just stop."
 
"No, Natalia. The doctor said it wasn't good to hold the twins until you get your stitches out. I want you to get better."
 
"I'm fine." I sighed. "You've been way too protective lately."
 
"Because i want you to get better." TOP exclaimed. "I don't need you to have more problems as you try to recover. It's bad enough YG wants you to perform tomorrow with Jiyong!"
 
"YG wants me to perform? What song?" I asked.
 
"Missing you. Kim Yuna can't make it. But I don't know if you should, jagi. They'd probably want to dress you in something tight and-"
 
"Lola wouldn't do that." I shook my head. "She'd think of something fashionable yet comfortable. Maybe one of your shirts with a cute belt and leggings and-"
 
"That's not the point, Natalia!" TOP almost yelled. "The point is YG isn't caring about your health! He's putting you of before you're ready! Singing could hurt because you sing from your diaphragm or whatever and-"
 
"Your diaphragm is right here, babe." I sighed, pointing to my upper torso. "That's a long ways from where I had surgery."
 
"And it's not like she can tear open her cut." Vinny shrugged, putting a towel-wrapped ice on Mina's forehead. "If she wants to, let her. "
 
TOP groaned and shook his head, looking at the ground. He then glanced at me, then walked down the hall to our bedroom, picking up Jae in the process. "You are the reason why I have to dye my hair, Natalia Nicoletta." He grumbled.
 
"YG is the reason why you- Oww!" I started to yell back, but then pain hit my abdomen.
 
TOP bursted out of the bedroom, Jae Sun on his hip. "No YG isn't! I worry about you all the time, and you're acting really reckless! If the doctor doesn't advise to walk, then don't walk! If he says dont hold the twins, don't hold the twins!"
 
"You don't even know your real hair color because you dye it so many colors and its seeped into your roots, so you'll never be grey! And it's so hard not to hold either of the babies, especially when you barely let them on the bed with me and you put pillows around me so they can't get to me! I'm tired of being unable to do the things I want to! I'm tired of being hurt! I just want to be normal!"
 
It was amazing on how the twins were just looking at us and not crying.
 
"Then recover correctly! Lay in bed and let me wait on you. Get rest!"
 
I shook my head. "You do everything for me, Top, and I'm tired of it! I feel like a terrible fiancé and mother and sister since Vinny is waiting on me, too! I am doing this for Jiyong tomorrow, and there's nothing you can say about it."
 
"Natalia Nicoletta Marcs, I swear-" TOP started, but this just angered me.
 
"God, and stop calling me by my full name! It's like you're my mother! I used to think it was cute with your little Korean accent, but now it irritates me! I am doing what I want, Top. So if you excuse me, I'll be in our room memorizing lyrics." As fast as I could, I pushed past TOP and walked into the room, holding back the grimaces.
 
I was still in pain. A lot of pain.