Approval

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

The next day, I called Mr. Marcs, Vinny, and Kenji to go out to lunch. My treat. They were the most important men in Natalia's life, so I needed to make sure they were okay with me asking her the biggest question I would ask in both our lives.

We all met at a local bar and grill Mr. Marcs (well, he wants me to call him Roberto) suggested, and of course I was the last one there. Both the twins had been crying so I waited for AJ to get to our house to help Natalia. I guess I would talk to him too about marrying Natalia.

"I'm sorry I'm late. It's been a rough day." I sighed as I walked over to the trio, who were all sitting in a booth.

"It's no trouble. Sit down. Relax. Have a beer." Roberto said, taking a drink from his own glass.

I shook my head. "No thanks. I've been over a year sober."

"Why'd you quit drinking anyway?" Vinny asked, taking a drink of his root beer (he was still a underage in America).

I gulped and shrugged. "Just knew it wasn't doing me any good." if they knew the real reason why, none of them would agree on letting me marry Natalia.

"Well, good for you, Seunghyun. Just keep in mind every now and then a father needs to relax, a destra Ken?" Roberto tipped his glass to Kenji.

Kenji nodded and took a sip from his beer bottle. "I love Kyoki and Yuki, but dads need time away."

"So why'd you ask us all here, dude?" Vincent asked after we ordered our food.

"Hey, there doesn't need to be a reason. He just needed some bonding time with the men in the family. I mean, you are going to be one, si? There's pretty much no way out now." Roberto chuckled.

"Uh, I actually did want to talk to you guys about something." I cleared my throat.

"About what?" Roberto asked.

"Well, about becoming a part of this family."

"Aren't you already?" Vincent asked. "You're dating my sister, have two kids with her, and the famiglia loves you. Like papa said, you're already roped in, man."

"Well, I've been thinking." I nodded. I looked at Roberto. "I love your daughter. I've never been so sure of something in my life. Neh, we've had our ups and downs, but all relationships do. There is not one doubt in my mind that I want to spend the rest of my life with her." I looked at everyone. "You three are the closest men Nat has in her life. So, with your permissions, I would like to ask her to marry me."

It got silent. Kenji was the first to speak. "I say go ahead. It'd be nice to have another Asian man around." he joked.

Vinny shrugged. "Got no argument from me. Just remember, if you ever hurt her, I will break another finger. Or possibly more."

I looked at Roberto. "So? Roberto, your opinion is the greatest."

Roberto smiled. "I already count you as a son in my family. Just, promise me a few things."

"Of course."

"Uno: No more half-assing it with taking care of the twins. I know you've changed but just to be sure."

I nodded. "Of course."

"Secondo: even when you're away, remember Natalia is your only woman. And will ever be your only woman."

"I couldn't imagine being with anyone else."

"Good." Roberto nodded. He held up three fingers. "And numero tre: for the love of Dio, don't hurt her anymore. Keep her safe from harm. Protect your family."

I nodded. "I promise nothing will happen to her ever again."

Roberto leaned back and crossed his arms. "Va bene."

Natalia used that phrase a lot, so I knew it meant okay."Okay?" I asked. "As in...?"

"As in, when will this wedding be? It's a Marcs tradition our family pays for the reception. I need to start saving up." Roberto smirked.

I laughed. "I'm not sure. I don't think for a while. I haven't picked out a ring yet."

"Well, get a move on!" Roberto exclaimed happily. "Go pick one out soon."

"Jiyong and I are going tomorrow. He has a great taste in jewelry."