The Call

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

"Hey mom." I answered my phone nervously the next day when it rang. I was packing my stuff, getting ready to fly back home.

"Hey, Hun! How are ya?" My mom answered happily back.

"Uh... I've been better. But I'm fine. You?"

"Oh, I am just great, Natalia. Well, besides that I miss you and your brother so much. You know, Angelina is due any day now. She would love it if you and Vincent were here for the birth of Yuki."

"Um, actually... I'm flying home in two days, Mom." I finally announced.

"What?! Why?!" Mom exclaimed. She was clearly happy.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you later. The point is, I'm coming home."

"Yay! Oh, that's so great! Is Vinny coming with you?" 

"Yep." I nodded. "We're shooting a video for our single, then he'll fly back to finish his spot in the 2ne1 tour. I'm staying home for a while."

"Oh, that's perfect! My little girl is coming home! I can't wait to tell your father. This is perfect timing, too, Natalia. Actually, when you fly in we have family pictures. We were just going to ask you if you, Vincent, Madeline, and Seunghyun would have time to come take them. It's a big shoot, Natalia. We would love it if you came."

"Why Seunghyun?" I asked.

"Well, he is going to become a part of this family, right?"

Or Seungri.

"Yeah. Yeah he is." I sighed."Alright. I'll talk to him."

"Fantastic! Natalia, I just wanted to say I am so proud of you and Vincent. You two are doing so well with your life and your career, which your father and I never expected. Whenever you two would sing, dance, or rap around the house, yes, we thought you two were talented. But we never guessed you would be making more than your father and I do combined. It's just... We are so proud."

My throat locked up. She didn't know that soon we would be incognito. Soon I'd be at home more than out performing. "Mom...." I sighed shakily. My eyes well up with tears.

"Natalia, what's wrong?" Mom asked.

"What's the worst thing I can do to disappoint you?" I squeaked, letting out a sob.

"Natalia! Honey! You can't do anything to disappoint me or your father! Whatever decision you do have to make or anything we will understand. Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong." I sighed. "Everything is great. I just... I don't want to disappoint you or dad. But I feel like I'm going to."

"You could never do that. You're smart, Natalia. I trust you in every choice you make. I will agree with every choice you make."

Well you won't agree with this one.