Ciao, Italia!

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

"How much longer?" TOP asked as he looked outside the van we were in with the twins, Vinny, and my parents. We were driving in the countryside in Sicily, going to our Italian family's estate.

"Oh, I see the vineyard!" I squealed, pointing out the window. My Italian family owned a vineyard, and had a huge estate that all of us could stay in.

"Oh, Seunghyun, you're going to love it here. You like wine, yes?" Dad asked happily.

"Haven't had it in over a year, but yes I did." TOP nodded.

"My cousin Marcello makes the most delectable vergine Marsala that is just to die for."

"You will definitely have to try it, Seunghyun. I'm not much of a wine drinker but I love that kind." mom agreed.

"Are you from Sicily, Mrs. Marcs?" TOP asked.

"Oh, no." Mok shook her head. "I'm from the mainland. More specifically, Toscana. But my parents moved us to America when I was four, so I don't remember much from there. Roberto moved to America with his family when he was about thirteen."

"And it isn't likely for Tuscans to get along with Sicilians, but we made it work." my dad smirked. "Sicilians are more outspoken and loud than Tuscans."

We pulled into the long winding road that led to the estate, and soon I could see the huge mansion. I squeezed TOP's arm excitedly. "Oh my gosh!"

Pretty soon, we pulled up to the mansion.

"Oh, wow." TOP commented. "This place is huge."

"They do own Marco-Muchi Vineyards, dude." Vincent told TOP.

"Marco-Muchi?"

I nodded. "Our real Italian last name. My grandparents had to change it to Marcs when they all came over from Italy."

TOP smirked and put his hand on my knee. "So I'm marrying Natalia Nicoletta Marco-Muchi? Wow, I don't know if I can handle a girl with four names."

"I didn't think I could handle a man with five names, but I did just fine. You'll be alright, Seunghyun." Mom assured, smirking.

"Five names? Roberto what?" TOP asked.

"Roberto Allesandro Valentino Marco-Muchi." Dad nodded.

"And to think I thought Choi Seunghyun was a large name." TOP chuckled.

We parked and got out before I heard a. "They're-ah here!!" from one of my second cousins.

I saw my second cousins Carlo, Rosabella, and Aldo playing soccer, but as soon as they looked over they smiled brightly and ran towards the front door yelling "Sono qui! Sono qui!"

"I'm about to get ambushed by a bunch of people speaking a language I don't know, aren't I?" TOP asked as he readjusted Mina on his hip.

I nodded. "Yep!"

Soon, everyone came pouring out of the house, yelling and cheering happily in Italian as we all gathered together.

My Italian family is definitely huge and loud. They all look similar to us, too, but their hair is more of a darker brown, and some even have black hair, and it's really thick. The twins, Gianni and Mariella, are like clones of me and Vinny, but they have black hair and brown eyes compared to me and Vinny's brown hair and blue eyes. Another thing about my Italian side, they don't work out like the American side does, so my dad's cousins were a little heavier, but still fit, and the boys didn't have the tone like my American side did. Also,they all spoke barely any English.

"La nostra famiglia! la nostra famiglia! siamo tutti di nuovo al completo! siamo tutti insieme! dove è mio fratello, Donatello? dove si trova?" My Great Aunt Nicoletta asked. (Our family! our family! we are all back to full strength! we are all together! where is my brother, Donatello? Where is he?)

"Sono qui! Sono qui, Nicoletta, mia sorella!" Nonno said, breaking through our group and hugging his sister, kissing each cheek as well. (I'm here! I'm here, Nicoletta, my sister!)

Which caused everyone else to go into a hugging, cheek-kissing frenzy. Even TOP, but luckilly he went with it.

"Natalia! Natalia! il suo fare bello vederti, cugino. Oh mio Dio, sei diventato così magro! Sei così meraviglioso e bella, troppo! Mi sei mancato tanto!" Mariella said, hugging me, which hugged Jae Sun in the process (Natalia! Natalia! its nice to see you, cousin. Oh my God, you have become so thin! You are so wonderful and beautiful, too! I missed you so much!). She let go of me and looked at Jae Sun. "E 'questo il vostro figlio? Oh, lui è così carino! Ho visto le immagini su Facebook, ma poi hai cancellato la pagina .... è questo lui?" she asked, looking at TOP. (And 'this is your son? Oh, he's so cute! I saw the pictures on Facebook, but then you deleted the page .... is this him?)

I smiled and nodded, putting my hand on TOP's arm. "Mariella, questo è Seunghyun. Il mio fidanzato." (Mariella, this is Seunghyun. My boyfriend)

I looked at TOP. "Seunghyun, this is my cousin Mariella."

Mariella squealed, which got everyone's attention. "E 'fidanzato di Natalia!" (And 'Natalia's boyfriend!)

Mariella was the first to hug TOP, and soon everyone crowded him and started giving him more hugs and cheek-kisses, well speaking in Italian. TOP just smiled, returned hugs one-armed since he was holding Mina, and tried to seem like he wasn't uncomfortable at all.

"Aspetta, aspetta aspetta!" I exclaimed (Wait, wait wait!). Everyone stopped and looked at me. "Non conosco nessuna italiana." (He does not know any Italian)

"Ohhh!" Everyone said and nodded.

"I know a little bit." TOP said. He thought for a moment. "Ciao a tutti. E 'molto bello... incontrare tutti voi." he looked at me for confirmation. (Hello everyone. It 'very nice ... meet all of you.)

I nodded and smiled. "Nice job."

"Well... You are very... Handsome."  Aunt Anneta smiled at TOP.

Uncle Alfonso pointed to TOP and I. "You two look good!"

"The babies... Beautiful!" Great Uncle Jovanni smiled.

"Grazie." I smiled. I pointed to Jae Sun. "Jae Sun..." I pointed to Mina. "Mina."

"Full name?" Uncle Marcello asked.

"Mina Mariella Choi and Jae Sun Gianni Choi." I smiled.

Everyone smiled and nodded in approval. Aldo looked at TOP. "You are... Asian. What... What type?"

"Korean." TOP nodded.

"E 'coreano." I translated.(He's Korean)

"Oh, oh!" Carlo clapped, pointing at TOP. "Big-ah Bang! T-O-P!"

TOP smiled and nodded. "Si."

"Fantastic Baby!" Lalia exclaimed.

"Boomshakalaka!" Mario sang, doing that part of the dance.

TOP chuckled and clapped. "Buona! Molto bene!"

"Come! Come inside! I cook for you all!" Aunt Nicoletta smiled, ushering us in.

We all started walking towards the house, and TOO slowed down, so I did, too. "You alright?" I asked.

TOP nodded. "Just a little... Confused."

"Hold on." I said. "Hey, Mom?" I asked my mom.

"What, sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Can you and dad take the twins? I think I need to clear up some confusion."

"Oh, Seunghyun, we forgot to tell you who everyone was! You must be so confused!" Mom apologized, taking Jae Sun. My dad took Mina, and they all walked up the steps.

Mariella turned to look back at me. "Siete due in arrivo?"

I nodded. "Verremo in in un minuto."

Mariella nodded and left. I turned to TOP. "I'm so sorry. You just got kind of ambushed by people you've never met."

TOP chuckled. "It's alright. I like how they've never met me before yet they welcome me. I just don't know who anyone is."

I nodded. "Come here." I grabbed his hand and walked over to a bench by the house. I sat down. "Okay, did you see the two old people?"

TOP nodded.

"The woman was my great aunt Nicoletta. She's my grandpa's sister. Nicoletta is married to Jovanni."

"Okay." TOP nodded.

"They has three kids: Marcello, Emiliana, and Alexander. Marcello is married to Anneta. Emiliana is married to Alfonso. Alexander is married to Jemma." I looked at him. "Are you following along?"

TOP nodded. "I'm getting it."

"Okay. Marcello and Anneta have five kids: Mariella and Gianni. They're twins, and nineteen. There's also Gisella, who is fourteen, Bartolo is fifteen, and Carmina, who's eleven. Mariella is the first one that spoke to you."

"And she looks like you. She just has darker hair and is shorter."

"Right." I nodded. "Alfonso and Emiliana have three kids: Giada is twenty-three, Mario is twenty, and Carlo is seventeen."

"Mario sang Fantastic Baby? Carlo recognized me."

I nodded. "Yeah. And finally, Alexander and Jemma have four kids: Lalia is fifteen, Rosabella is ten, Aldo is seven, and Luigi is four."
"Lalia knew Fantastic Baby. Aldo asked what type of Asian I am." TOP chuckled.

"Exactly!" I smiled. "So do you get it?"

"Got it." TOP nodded.

"Good."I smiled. I stood and took his hand. "I'm just going to warn you now, we're about to get bombbarded by questions. And also, the more my family is around our Italian side, the less we tend to speak English.  Me included."

TOP winced jokingly. "Please tell me Kenji knows no Italian."

"He knows just about as much as you do." I smiled sympathetically. "Also, be aware when I get home and even while we're here, like with how you go to Korea and come back forgetting how to speak perfect English, I'll be speaking with an italian accent." I laughed. "And I'm not kidding."

TOP laughed. "I'll be looking forward to that." He looked at me. "I don't know if I'll be comfortable with drinking..."

"Just relax and don't worry. Take a drink if my family offers. Oh, God, please take a drink. My family will be offended if you don't. It is their home-made wine. I even drink it." I stood and held out my hand. "Now, come on. Let's go back in."

TOP stood and took my hand, and we walked back to the house. I opened the door and stepped in. I could hear laughing and talking in one of the living rooms, so I led TOP into the huge living room.

"Everything okay?" Mom asked. She didn't have Jae Sun; Vinny did.

I nodded. I noticed Madeline had Mina. "Yeah, everything's fine."

TOP and I sat on the floor near Vinny, Madeline, Brett, and Mariella. Madeline handed me Mina, and as the adults were talking, Mariella leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Il tuo fidanzato è molto bello. Sai che stai andando ad avere per dirmi tutto. E dico tutto." (Your fiance is extremely good-looking. You know you're going to have to tell me everything. And I mean everything.)

I looked at her, one eyebrow arched. "Tutto?" (Everything?)

Mariella smirked and nodded. "Piace come si stava facendo quei due splendidi bambini. Ho bisogno di ogni piccolo segreto sporco, cugino." (Like how it was making those two gorgeous babies. I'm gonna need every little dirty secret, cousin.)

I laughed. "E c'è il vecchio, sporco, cugino scandaloso che conosco e amo. Non ti preoccupare, ti dirò. Ho un sacco di storie per voi." (And there's the old, dirty, scandalous cousin I know and love. Don't worry, I'll tell you. I have plenty of stories for you.)

Mariella laughed with me.

Just then, we heard the doorbell ring. Uncle Marcello looked at Gianni and Vinni. "Perché non andare a rispondere due la porta?" (Why don't you two go answer the door?)

"Me? Perché proprio a me?" Vinny asked (Why me?)

"Just go." Dad nodded. "Now."

Vinny and Gianni stood and walked down the hall to the door. My dad took a finger to his lips and smirked and nodded. "Basta ascoltare" He whispered. (Just listen.)

We heard the door open, and all the sudden Vinny shouted. "OH MY FRACKING GOD NO WAY!!!!!"

I looked around, confused. Who was here?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay, big Sicilian families! Sadly, my family isn't this Italian, so I thought I'd write about one! :)

So what do you guys think? Do you like Nat's family? How do you think the Italian side will feel about TOP once they get to know him? Do you think they'll all get along? And who's at the door that freaked out Vinny? XD haha!

COMMENTS PLEASE! I love reading them, especially when they're long!