Telling the Famiglia

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

As soon as everyone piled into the living room, TOP and I stood in front of everyone.

"Well?" My mom asked excitedly. "We're waiting."

I gulped and cleared my throat. "Well, first of all, I love that we're all together for once. I know it's hard to do that since Vin, Mads, and I are always away so it means a lot we're all here now."

"And I am more than honored to be a part of this family." TOP added. "You all treat me like I am family."

"That's because-a you are, Seunghyun-ah." Nonno smiled at TOP.

"And that's a great thing to hear, Nonno Marcs. But really, I cannot imagine a better family to be with. Natalia and you all helped me realize how important a family is."

Everyone smiled. Madeline, Vinny, Minzy, and Brett all shifted uncomfortably.

"So, what's the news? Are you moving to America, Seunghyun?" dad asked.

"Not exactly." TOP shook his head.

"Tell us." Mom urged, smiling.

I took a deep breath. "About two weeks ago, I started getting sick. Like throwing up and I was really tired. Well... It wouldn't stop. It still goes on. So... I looked up my symptoms. And... I took a test."

"What kind of test?" Nonna asked.

"Oh, God." Angelina muttered. "I so know what you're about to say..."

I continued. "And the test came out positive so I went to the doctor. Where I found out that I am currently.... Six weeks pregnant." I finished and held my breath.

My Mom looked at TOP and I. "You're joking, right?"

I shook my head. "No, mom. I'm not. I'm really six weeks pregnant."

"Did you two get married secretly?" Nonna asked.

I shook my head. "No, nonna. We aren't married."

"Will you be married?" Nonno asked.

TOP nodded. "Not right away, but eventually, yes."

Dad sighed. "Well... We can't change what has been done. And we need to make the best of this situation. You two do realize none of us approve of before marriage, si?"

I nodded. "I know. We both know."

"We knew you two were that intimate but we never thought...." Mom shook her head.

"Mom, I'm sorry, okay? I never thought this would happen. It just... Did. And there's nothing we can do about it."

"Let's all sit down so we can talk about this." Dad sighed.

TOP and I sat down across from everyone.

"So your almost two months?" Mom asked.

I nodded

"Do you have your prenatal vitamins?"

I nodded. "Yep. "

"What do you two plan on doing?" Mom asked next.

"Seunghyun, when do you go back to Korea?" Dad asked

"In two months." TOP confirmed. "We have to do promotions on our new album for a couple of months. Then, I'll come back. For a couple of weeks. After that, I have to shoot a movie for a few months. Between that time, I'll come back every couple weeks. When the kid is born, I'll stay as long as I can."

TOP must have planned that all himself, because I had heard none of it before. But I agreed with it, so I nodded.

"Is that why you came back home, Natalia?" Mom asked.

I nodded. "Me and Vinny still need to shoot that video, and apparently we're also shooting High High before I get too big. I'll still fly out to perform some songs with GD&TOP, but that's only for a couple more months."

My mom sighed. "You two need to know we aren't okay with this. Natalia, you're only nineteen. You two had such great careers. And now..."

"Top's career won't change." I shook my head. "He's still with Big Bang. He's still an actor."

"But what about when the child is born, huh? Seunghyun's work is in Korea. Do you expect him to fly back and forth? Or are you going to take my grandchild away from me and move to a different country?"

"I've been thinking about that." TOP nodded. "And one of the options would be, yes, moving. But Natalia is so close to you all, I couldn't possibly do that. So I'm thinking that we could buy a house in one of the Chicago suburbs, and still have my villa in Seoul. That way, when I have an extremely busy schedule in Korea, we could stay there. All the other time, we can live here. I can still do stuff at the YG America headquarters in Chicago. Like record songs. Natalia as well."

"So I'm guessing money is not a problem?" Mom smiled weakly.

"Not at all." TOP confirmed.

"But what about when the child enters school? Do you just expect him or her to move to a different school constantly? That won't go well." Dad sighed.

"We haven't thought that far, okay?" I sighed. "Let us deal with the first three years and go from there."

"Seunghyun, isn't there a law in Korea that you have to enter the army before a specific age?" Mom asked.

TOP nodded. "Before I'm thirty, yes. But... I'm looking into ways to get out of that. But if I have a way to get out of it, I'm making sure my band mates have a way as well. It's all or nothing. So if they can't get it, then I won't either." I opened my mouth to argue, but TOP stopped me. "They're like my brothers, Natalia. I can't abandon them like that. It'd be unfair."

I stayed quiet, and it was silent in the room.

"Is it gonna look like Kyoki?" Tony asked.

I nodded and laughed. "Somewhat, yes."

"But Top is Korean. Kenji is Japanese."

"We're both Asian, little one." Kenji smiled, patting Tony on the head.

"Any names yet?" Kyle asked.

I shrugged. "When we just talked about it months ago, we thought stuff like Mina or Minho, but I'm not sure."

"Neither of us are." TOP agreed.

"I guess it'll have to have a Korean name, huh? An Asian named Mariella or Benito won't make much sense." Nonno smirked. He actually smiled.

"Hey, when I have kids, gramps, it'll have an Italian name." Brett smirked.

"Maybe... At the rate it's going our family will be Italian-Asian-Americans." Uncle Massimo joked.

"Hey, I'm okay with that." I smiled.

Nonna stood. "Well, the supper is ready. So," She walked over to TOP and I. She hugged each of us and kissed both of us on the forehead. "Congratulations to you both. I'm-a not angry. With the new generation, everyone is having babies! I can't wait to see my new pronipote ." she smiled and left for the kitchen.

"New great-grandchild?" TOP guessed what my grandma had said.

I nodded.

Mom sighed and stood next. "So this is what you meant when you talked about disappointing me, right?"

I bit my lip and nodded.

"With any other guy... I would be. But I trust you and Seunghyun. I know you two will be such great parents. Just get married in the future okay?" Mom smiled weakly.

I nodded. "Duh, mom."

She hugged both of us. When she left, Dad came over to us. He winked. "Your mother is too old-fashioned.  You two won't have to get married right away. I understand you cool kids. I'm down like that, ya know what I'm saying?" 

I laughed. "Dad, you are such a dork." With his slight Italian accent, it sounded even funnier.

"Hey, Seunghyun gets what I'm saying." Dad smirked, nudging his arm.

"I'm picking up what you're throwing down." TOP joked.

"See, us gangstas gotta stick together!" Dad laughed.

"Fo-sho, Papa-Marcs." TOP laughed as well.

I smiled. This went a lot better than I thought it would have.

My phone rang, and I looked at the caller ID

Call from: Seungri.