Eat Your Kimchi Interview

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

We had gotten an email from Simon and Martina from Eat Your Kimchi asking to interview us for their website. Now, I am a HUGE Eat Your Kimchi fan, so I kind of freaked out when I heard. I always used to watch their videos. Heck, I still do.

So rehearsal morning TOP and I were getting ready in the bathroom at the same time in the bathroom. Mina and Jae Sun were fast asleep in the bedroom. I was standing at the mirror, blow drying my hair, as TOP finished showering. It was amazing how we were like this, and it didn't even bother us one bit. When you have kids, you need to get ready in as little of time as possible.

I finished blow drying my hair, and TOP stepped out of the shower, a towel wrapped around his lower half. Every time I saw him shirtless, I was still shocked at his chest and abs. I looked at myself in the mirror. My dress was laying on the bed in the other room, so I was just in my turquoise tights and bra. I wasn't wearing any makeup either. "You change, and I am going to go put on my dress." I walked out of the bathroom and changed into my grey hooded sweatshirt dress http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/BigBangGirl1624/Oppa%20Youre%20Going%20to%20Be%20an%20Appa/Fashion/rehearsalnatoutift.png.

Then I  walked over to check on the twins. They were both still asleep. I walked back into the bathroom, and TOP was brushing his teeth, dress in his jeans. I started doing my makeup. "I can't believe we are being interviewed by Simon and Martina!"

  "Mm-hmm." TOP nodded as he kept brushing his teeth.

I put foundation on my face (I loved BB Cream). "I mean, they are absolutely so awesome! Did you know that Martina absolutely loves you?"

TOP nodded and spit out his toothpaste. "I do."

I started putting turquoise eyeshadow on. "I mean, can you imagine what she'll do? Shell flip!"

"I think we should take the twins with us." TOP said as he finished towel-drying his brown hair.

"Really? Okay. I'll call my parents and tell them when I'm done." I put on some charcoal eyeliner and mascara, thanks then I started straightening my hair. "Oh my gosh, my hair is so long." I sighed, running the straightener down my hair. 

TOP nodded. "It did get really long. I like it, though."

"So I shouldn't get it cut?" I asked. I straightened my bangs.

TOP shrugged. "I don't know. Do it if you want to." he put mouse in his hand and ran it through his hair.

I shrugged. "Maybe I will. It would take less time getting ready in the morning." When I was finishing my hair, TOP put on his white t shirt and a FUBU letterman jacket. We heard one of the twins cry. "That's Mina." I sighed, setting down my straightener. 

TOP stopped me. "I got her." he walked out of the bathroom.

I finished doing my hair, put on a flat-brim turquoise hat, cocked it to the side, and walked out. TOP was changing Mina's diaper. I took Jae Sun out of the play pen. I set him on the bed, and dressed him in a green Adidas infant hoodie and black sweats. TOP had dressed Mina in a pink Adidas infant hoodie that looked more like a dress since is was longer, and grey stretchy leggings. He put cute little pink bunny socks on her feet.

I quickly put a pair of panda socks (thank you, Seungri) on Jae Sun's feet, and reached over and grabbed my grey Jeremy Scott Adidas Wing shoes. I quickly slid them on and picked Jae up. While I was holding him, I packed the baby bag with the necessities. "Ready?" I asked, putting the bag on my shoulder. 

TOP nodded. "Let's go."

I called my mom as we walked out of our room. "Hey, Mom. We're taking the kids with us to rehearsal. So you guys can take the day off, okay?"

"You sure, Nat? We can watch them." Mom said.

"No no no. We got it. We have an interview and want the twins to be there."

"Okay. Have fun." 

"Bye."

----

"We are so late." I grumbled as I took Mina out of her carseat at the venue. That's where we were being interviewed, because Simon and Martina were doing an exclusive behind the scenes look too.

"Hey, we have kids. They'll understand." TOP said as he shut the door after taking Jae Sun from his seat.  We walked in to the venue, and walked backstage. We found the interview room, and I knocked on it and opened the door.

"Sorry we're late!" immediately apologized. There was a HUGE couch in the room, and all of YG Family was sitting on it. Next to the couch was a loveseat, where Simon and Martina were.

They both immediately stood. "Hello." Simon smiled walking over. "It's not a problem at all. We're."

"Simon and Martina from Eat Your Kimchi." I smiled. "I know. I am actually a really big fan."

"You brought the twins?" Vinny asked. He was sitting on the arm of the couch.

I nodded. "Yep." I looked at Simon and Marina. "This is Mina. And Top had Jae Sun."

"Oh my gosh! They are so adorable." Martina gushed. I was surprised she was so calm around TOP.

We walked over to the couches. I sat between Vinny and Seungri, and TOP sat in between Se7en and Madeline. We started with the interview. "First of all, it is a huge honor to have this opportunity to sit down with you all. Simon and I are huge fans. We actually have a few fan questions, and then we have questions for each idol or group."

First went Se7en's questions. Next was Gummy's, then Psy, Tablo, and now it was me and Vinny's turn

(Interview. Simon will be BLUE Martina will be PINK Vinny will be DARK PURPLE Natalia will be PURPLE)

Vincent and Natalia, you guys are the duo VINAT, and VINAT is the first idol group to come out of YG America, right?

Nat and Vin both nod

Now, how did you feel when you got asked to do the duo?

Well, in the beginning it was just me training with YG, because I was a dancer for them. I decided to send in a video of Vinny rapping and performing, because I knew he had talent. YG came up with our duo idea right away.

I never in my life once thought I would be performing like I am now. I loved YG, and I'm living the dream. I love it.

Now, to our understanding, you guys were both huge YG fans before you actually met any of the YG idols, right?

both nod

Oh, yeah. We loved them since... 2009 I think? I got Vinny into it. We were both huge Big Bang and 2NE1 fans. I'm talking, HUGE.

Nat had posters of Big Bang all in her room, TOP in particular

all laugh

And Vinny was OBSESSED with Minzy. He loved watching her dance. When I first met Minzy, I actually sent him a picture of her and I, and he just flipped out.

all laugh again

Now, let's talk about your single Twins So Fly. We love that it has 2NE1 and Big Bang lyrics in it.

Martina singing to the song Can't Nobody make us Go Away you know got that Fire that makes you wanna Bakssu cheo so I Don't Care if you think we're Ugly Hate You because Naega jeil jal naga We are the best, babe.

Nat and Vinny clap.

Nice! You sang it better than I can!

Your music video is quite fun, too. We reviewed it on K-Pop Music Mondays, American Edition.

I know. I laughed when I watched it.

Is it true, Natalia, that you were pregnant when you shot the video?

Natalia nods. I think I  was... eight weeks pregnant when we shot it? You couldn't tell I was, though.

Now, the little kids dancing in the video, is it true they're your family? Also, I understand a few cousins were in it?

Both nod. Yeah, the little kids were out cousins Tony, Graciella, and Elisabetta. We also had Brett and Madeline in it. Brett is Madeline's brother.

Do you guys have any new music coming out?

We have been in the studio a few times and working on new songs, but we aren't sure when the album will be out. Sometime this year, though.

(Random Questions, Simon will be BLUE Martina will be PINK Nat will be PURPLE TOP will be DARK BLUE Seungri will be Green)

We have a couple of questions about the twins. Is it okay if we ask them?

Of course.

Okay, first question, how hard is it being an idol when you have two babies to care for now?

It is harder than  we thought it would be, but it isn't terrible. We do tend to be late to more things, and some things take longer to finish, but it's manageable.

We have a great support system my parents are actually in Chicago right now just in case we need a sitter.

How is it being all together with the YG Family?

I love it. It's really true: We all are a family. I don't say "Oh, look Mina! It's Seven!" It's always Uncle Seven or Aunt Gummy or Uncle Tablo and so on. We know they'll be there for the twins when they grow up.

Speaking of the family, do the twins have any favorite uncle yet?

Seungri coughs loudly and stretches him arms above his head, pointing to himself.

Natalia laughs Mina is definitely closer to Seungri than any other guy. It's between him and Vinny, but she's really close with Ri.

I am definitely the best and favorite uncle. Mina is my little sweetheart.

Jae Sun usually prefers to be with Vincent, but when he isn't there, he leans for Daesung, too.

Any favorite aunt?

Jae Sun absolutely loves Bom.

Mina really likes Madeline. She's a CL fan, too.

(After conclusion, interview ends)

After the cameras were shut off, Martina spoke. "Thanks again, you guys, so much for letting us interview you all. It will do great on our website."

"Thanks for having us. It was really fun." Seven smiled.

Simon looked at Martina, and grinned. "Now, if you don't mind me asking for her, can we take a picture with you all for our website?"

"Of course!" Gummy nodded. We all stood, and posed with Simon and Martina. Mina and Jae Sun were even awake for the picture.

"And, I know she wants to, TOP, would you mind if Martina took a picture with you?" Simon asked.

I laughed. "I was waiting for that."

TOP smiled. "Of course." He handed Jae Sun to Vinny and walked over to Martina. He put his arm around her, and they both smiled at the camera.

"Simon! Top is touching me!" Martina squealed, fan-girling a bit.

We all laughed, and Simon took the picture.