Hardest Time.

My Eight Minutes Fiance ;)

[YOUR POV]

 

I heard baby's crying. There was a baby crib in front of me. I was about to reach for the baby inside when someone has already take the baby first. Her back was facing me so I can't see her face.The cries got louder.

"I'm taking away your son..." Her voice was slow but loud enough for me to hear. She starts to walk away from me. I want to yell, I want to scream but nothing came out.

'Andwae.' I cried.

'You can't do this to me... Give me back my son!'

 

 "No. Please don't. Jebal andwaaae!!!!" I finally screamed. Tears were falling uncontrollably.

"Soo Hee ah, shh shh. It's just a dream. Everything's fine." Junhyung was hugging me from my side, calming me down. I was sitting on the hospital bed.

"O..ppa.." My voice cracked. Junhyung wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.

"Gwenchana. It's just a bad dream." His voice was soft. Just then I realized what was going on as reality hit me hard. I looked down to my flat stomach.

"W-w-where's...Our baby.." I touched my stomach slowly as I looked at Junhyung, demand for an answer, wishing that this is also just a dream. A really bad one.

Junhyung's gaze was soft. His face was tired and... Sad. 

At that time, there's only one thing in my mind. I miscarried my baby. I shook my head.

 

"Answer me." I raised my voice as I looked at Junhyung. My sight was blur with the tears welling up in my eyes.

"He's fine. Don't you remember?.. Two days ago, you were rushed to the hospital and our baby has to be delivered right away.. Hm?" Junhyung asked slowly as he caressed my face.

"I was unconscious for the past two days?" I asked him and he nod. Deep inside, I was relieved that the baby is safe.

"You were half conscious and so weak by the time you reached here. But you're still insist that you want the baby to be delivered... And after you delivered the baby, you passed out.." He explained.

I was silent. The scenes slowly came to my mind.

"Do you know how worried I was when you insist to deliver the baby? You've risked your life for our son." Tears welled up in his eyes as he squeezed my hand.

"Thank you.. For delivering my son." He kissed me on my forhead.

"And thank you for waking up." He pecked my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

Tears slipped from my eyes at the sight of my premature baby lying lifelessly in the incubator, attached to a monitor by small leads attached to his chest. A breathing tube is also attached to his nostril which connect to a ventilator to help him breathe.

Junhyung gave me a small squeeze on my arms. I bend down a bit to level myself with the incubator as I reached inside for his hand.

"Omma.. Am sorry." I said softly.

I was thinking if I was careful that day, maybe this won't happen to him. He was smaller than a normal baby of course.. And he looks so weak.

The scene when I was in my 5th months of pregnancy flashed in my mind.

 

 

"Oh oppa! He's kicking! Ommo." I called Junhyung quickly who's in the toilet preparing for bed. He quickly came out and ran towards me on the bed. He chuckled as he caressed my stomach.

"This is the first time." He said still smiling.

"Ommo! Ommo! Why are you so excited tonight?" I was practically talking to my stomach.

"His kicks are strong.. Soccer player to be, huh?" Junhyung said. His hand was still on my stomach and my hand was on his.

"Who knows?.." I grinned at the thought of our son became a soccer player.

"Anything he wants to be, let's just support him all the way, eo?.." Junhyung looked at me as I nodded happily.

"Baby ah, you're so strong. Appa can't wait to play with you." He said as he leaned down and planted a kiss on my stomach.

 

 

If I was careful enough, maybe Junhyung can play with him like how he always wanted to.

"I'm sorry." I said to Junhyung. He let out a small smile as he shook his head and brought my body closer to his.

"Please don't be.. We have to be strong in order for him to be strong too." He wiped my tears.

"Eventhough the upcoming days will be hard, but we can go through this together.. Trust me." His voice was soft. I nodded slowly as I let out a bitter smile.

I take a last long glance at our son before going out of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with a heavy heart.

 

 

I was practically living in the hospital for few weeks. I will go home to change clothes and sleep only. Junhyung was with me but sometimes he has to go to the office and attend meetings. Work is still work though. Myungsoo, JunMi and the others will also come and visit sometimes.

My baby is stable now. He has already start to breathe on his own. And, we've already gave him a name.

Yong Kang Han. Which means strong and healthy. True that, even the doctor said that he's recovering fast. And I'm so glad to hear that. 

I was so depressed for the past weeks. It was tough. Especially when he was crying during receiving his treatment. It just broke my heart into pieces. Especially the fact that I can do nothing to reduce his pain. Junhyung too was so depressed.

There's one day when Junhyung came home from work and we got into a fight. He was stressed with works and the condition of Kang Han at that time doesn't make him feel any better. I was asking him to pay some attention to Kang Han since he didn't go to the hospital for few days. He's been drown with works. And we end up fighting real bad. Both of us were yelling and screaming at each other. He was saying that I don't understand him at all.

But later on, Junhyung loosen up and we both apologized. The same goes for me. I shouldn't have yell at him when he got mad at me. I should understand more that he has works to do and it's not like he doesn't want to spend his time with our son.

Well, we've endured it well for the past weeks.

 

 

Six months has passed. Kang Han has already recovered and doesn't need any treatment anymore. Some other premature babies might need to get treatment for respiratory system disease until they were 1 or 2 years old. Let's just say it's depends on the baby himself. But the doctor said not to be off guard. He might still have some side effects that will show when grow up. 

But I really hope, he'll be strong enough to face it in the future.

 

 


[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Hey Guys! Sorry if this chapter kinda boring and short. I have tution today and it's the last class so I guess I'll be updating frequently after this, maybe?

By the way, today is a hard day for me.. Hmm. Well let's just drop it now.

Sorry for the short update though. Anyway, have a nice day everyone! :D

xxJunkaynaxx