College

Wait..So I have to live with...them?!

You finally arrived infront of your new college. Standing there, you smiled up at it. *It's bigger than I expected.* you thought. You closed your eyes and breathed deeply. The fresh air of Seoul filled your lungs and you smiled widely. You hesitated to take a step towards the building. You were nervous. You just graduated from High School and now you were standing in front of your college. Life seemed to pass your eyes so quickly. Shrugging off the butterflies in your stomach, you opened the grand doors of the building.

The familiar scent of school rushed to greet you. The smell of paper, ink, granite from pencils, and your favorite, dusty books. People started rushing past you as the bell for the next class rang. You glanced around at all the rushing faces, and even the ones who were just ignoring the bell and hanging, or making out in the hallway. Noticing the reception desk, you stepped forward. An older women with a small face and rosey cheeks looked up at you. "Welcome to Seoul University! May I help you?" she asked sweetly.

You smiled at her and handed her your registration admittance. "I'm a new student here, Is this where I turn this in?" you asked. She looked at the paper and smiled widely at you. "Yes, yes dear. Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here." she said excitedly. She took your paper and typed into her computer. You waited patiently and looked around the building. There were large staircases everywhere leading up to classrooms, several bathrooms, and many people running here and there. The secretary cleared , drawing your attention back to her. She smiled at you again and handed you a piece of paper. You looked down at it in confusion. "What..?" you started. "It's your schedule sweety, since you just admitted now, it's already time for your fourth class, just start there." she said. Thanking her, and bowing, you took off.

Not bothering to check into the dorms, you went straight to your fourth period class.

You slightly opened the door and saw your professor loudly speaking to the class. You tiptoed in, trying to get to your seat before anyone saw you. With your luck, the professor turned around just as you stepped in. "Excuse me." his voice belowed. You froze and spun around slowly, smiling sheepishly. "H-hi." was all you said. Raising an eyebrow, he waved you to him. Your shoulders slumped and you walked down to him.

"Why are you late?" he questioned. You looked up at him and held a piece of paper out. "I-I'm new." you muttered. He looked down at the paper and then back at you. He waved the matter away. "Fine. Go take a seat." With that, you slunk off and took a seat in the back.

"Alright!" your professor half yelled. "I'm giving you all an assignment. And, no the new students get no special treatment. Everyone shall take part in this assignment. Understood?" Everyone mumbled their understanding. "I want you all to write a 100 page essay about.." he trailed off. Just hearing, 100 pages, everyone groaned in protest. "What it's like to live as a star." he finished. Everyone's eyes widened and murmurs started to be heared throughout the class.

A small girl with a pointed face raised her hand shyly. "Yes?" the teacher questioned. "U-um..how do we do that?" she quietly asked. "Do what?"

"Nevermind.." she whispered. Just then, your hand shot up without your consent. When the teacher called your name, only then did you realize it was raised. You slowly lowered it and cleared your throat. "Excuse me, how do we write an essay about what it's like to be something we're not?" you questioned. The teacher sceptically looked at you. "You figure it out." was all he said.

-------

Later that night, you were sitting at home infront of your laptop. Your mother walked over and put a hand on your shoulder. "Dear, It's not that I don't like you here, but..you're in college now, shouldn't you be living in the dorms?"

You smiled and turned towards her. "Umma, I didn't have time today so I just decided to stay here tonight. I'll check in tomorrow, I promise." you assured her. She smiled and kissed your forehead. "Wae? Are you sick of me already?" you teased. She saw the teasing look in your eye and shook her head. "Oh my..what ever will I do with you?"

You sighed. "Ship me off to college?" you teased. Your mother laughed and walked away.

While checking your emails, you went to Google. Next to you was the paper explaining the 100 page essay assignment. Picking it up, you looked at it and sighed. *This is such a ridiculous assignment.* you thought. Just then you looked at your computer screen. Hm.. Typing in your assignment on the Google seach bar, a interesting page came up.

Star Maid Needed.

Curious, you clicked it. A page came up explaining that the international group DBSK was looking for a maid, and anyone from the ages 18-30 were allowed to apply. Your eyes widened. *DBSK is hiring anyone as their maid..?* You looked at it crossly then tapped your chin with your pointer finger.

Hmm..