Longest relationship

It's okay to love

The next day, Gikwang came to school early before everyone. Entering the class, just one step, suddenly someone grabbed his bag making him step backwards. His eyes widened, knowing it was Dongwoon. 

"You come to school, Kwangie?" Dongwoon asked while smiling. Gikwang blushes and smile back before he nodding his head. "Ne. Because I want to study." Gikwang said.

"Really? Are you really want to study or meet someone?"

"No! I mean yes! Really! I want to study! For future!" He lied. Dongwoon nodded in understand and ruffles the short boy's hair. 

I can't lie, he knows well... 

"W-Woonie..."

"Hm? I'm still behind you. You can say it."

"How was school without me the whole day??"

"Oh? Bored of course. Our friends are having fun with their lovers but I keep being so lonely without you even we met often at your house."

"Aww I'm sorry, Woonie!" Gikwang hugged Dongwoon and plead. Dongwoon slightly chuckles and pat his head. "It's alright. You need to rest at home, too."

"Rest at home... But I'm still having dry cough and bleeding. I can't rest."

"..."

"Woonie? Don't be sad..."

"I... I don't."

What should I do...? Dongwoon is sad. What will happen to him if I leave? 

 

During maths class, Gikwang was focused and not sleeping in class anymore. Mrs Choi called out his name to came to the front to answer the question. After a few seconds he did, he got the correct answer making others clapping hands. He bowed as thanks and smile cutely. His other friends smiled sadly especially Dongwoon, his lover who's still worried about him. That makes him smile awkwardly and go back to his sit.

"You're good in my class." Mrs Choi give a compliment. "Thank you, Miss." He replied.

"Now, I want you all to sit with your partner. Choose one." she said. Junhyung sighed and lean his head on the table because he knows he won't have one. But then, "five people in a group is better. Do it now." she added making Junhyung grinned and quickly bring his table to Dongwoon's place.

"Hello, Woon." Junhyung started. "Hello."

"Gikwangie, there's no one going to go to your boyfriend's place, so join us. You can sit next to him." said Yoseob. Gikwang smiles and nodded. Complete five, include Dujun and Yoseob at Dongwoon's place. Gikwang shyly look on the table, feeling not really comfortable with Dongwoon when there's his friends here.

"Look at Junhyung." said Dujun while laughing.

"Shut up. I know Hyunseung wasn't here, but you don't have to joking around." Junhyung said making the others laugh because his voice is too loud.

"Dongwoon-ah, you're okay now, right? Gikwang is here, next to you. So, be happy. Don't be sad, you keep overthinking about him." said Dujun. Gikwang look at Dongwoon with a surprise expression. Dongwoon awkwardly look at Gikwang and to Dujun. "I'm not!" Dongwoon replied shyly.

"Also, Dongwoon was not happy at all without you." said Yoseob.

not happy without me?

"I knew it. He won't be happy without me. But, what if I die?" Gikwang joke making the other glares at him except for Dongwoon who sadly look away.

"Shut up, Gikwang." Dujun whispered. "What's wrong with you?? Don't say that!" said Yoseob. "You better keep your mouth safe, Gikwang." said Junhyung.

"What did I do?" Gikwang asked innocently makes Dongwoon chuckled.

"You did nothing, my love." Dongwoon replied. Dujun feel relieved and smile again because Dongwoon is fine after what Gikwang said. But, it makes Dongwoon completely hurt. Gikwang smile cutely and everything is fine but not for Dongwoon again.

After the next period, for being maths class a long time, Gikwang couldn't take it. He cough nonstop but he hold it for a fe seconds. But, still can't. He took his bottle and drink the water slowly. Others were staring at him but Dongwoon just close his eyes hearing his lover coughing like that.

"Oh my god, Gikwangie. Let's go to washroom! You're nosebleeding!" Yoseob says loudly. Gikwang wipes them off with his white school uniform sleeve.

"Yah! Gikwang, just go with Seobbie! Don't let your bleed dripping. Woon, go join them. In case Gikwang is faint." said Dujun. Dongwoon nodded and follows them with teacher permission, leaving Dujun and Junhyung in class. Junhyung look sideway at Dujun with his eyes look up at down.

"What?" Dujun asked.

"Leaving your boyfriend with Gikwang's boyfriend in case Gikwang is faint. Aren't you jealous?"

"Shut up. You won't know what they do."

 

Yoseob clean Gikwang's nose and wipes them. Yoseob is worries if Gikwang will lost all of his blood. The boy look pale than before. It can be seen on his lips too. Dongwoon was behind them, staring at his poor boyfriend.

"It happens everyday." Yoseob mouthed. Gikwang smiles at him. "It's alright. You see that I'm still alive, right?" Gikwang said.

"Yoseob is worried about you, Kwangie..." Dongwoon said. Gikwang giggles. Yoseob nodded in agreement with Dongwoon. "That's right. Dongwoon is right. I'm worried about you."

"But, it's okay! After the exams end, it rarely happen-"

"It happened after one week again. Don't you feel tired?" Yoseob cut.

"Well..."

"Go for a treatment, Kwangie. I can help you. Yoseob can help you. Everyone can. You still have all of us who love you." said Dongwoon.

"Treatment for what? It will be the same. So, don't waste your all money just to save my life." said Gikwang. Yoseob bit his lip holding his tears. He look at Dongwoon, asking for another word while Gikwang was staring at the sink.

"Kwangie, don't you think of me?" Dongwoon asked. Gikwang shut his eyes and let out his tears. "I'm sorry, Woonie." Gikwang start to cough and suddenly faint. Dongwoon hug him from behind to catch him.

"I'll go back to class and tell others. Please take care of Gikwang first, Dongwoon-ah."

"Neh..."

 

Am I still alive?

 

yes... Maybe...

 

in the clinic again...

 

Gikwang opened his eyes and he was right that he's in the clinic. He got up and rub his eyes. "You're awake already, Kwangie?" Dongwoon asked.

"Woonie..." Dongwoon took Gikwang's hand and hold them tightly. "Treatment... I'm begging." Dongwoon said. Gikwang smiles and shook his head. "Anio. I don't want to. By the way, what time is this now?? Where's the others?"

"It's going home time."

"Oh. Hm, let's rest here for a while. Take our time together~"

"Kwangie-"

"Woonie, the book called 'It's okay to love'... I think it same as the two of us. It has another side story. I don't know Taecyeon did so well in writing. It's about the support character's story. She's sick and her boyfriend love her so much and forcing her for a treatment..."

"You make her boyfriend just like me?"

"Uhm! But no one can be perfect! You're the only one that is perfect! You take care of me a lot even skipping the class!"

"Dujun and Yoseob also Junhyung and Hyunseung were here, visiting you. They're worried about you and hoping you to wake up to see them."

"I think they thought I'm dead!" Gikwang joke but not funny for Dongwoon. Dongwoon didn't laugh but only give a sad look with tears streaming down. Gikwang smile sadly and wipes Dongwoon's tears.

"Don't cry, Woonie. Because I'm still here. You act like I'm already dead."

Dongwoon wrapped his arms around Gikwang's waist and placed his head on his chest. Gikwang grinned and pat on Dongwoon's head before he hugged back. He caresses the taller's hair and chuckles.

"Don't leave me."

"But, how? Treatment is not for me. I have to leave soon and never come back here. But, I feel grateful for meeting you in three years ago. It makes me so happy that I met someone lovely and really take care of me."

"That's the same thing I feel for you, Gikwang."

"You finally called me with my real name instead of pet name and I love to hear that, Dongwoon-ah."

Dongwoon released the hug and stood up and kisses Gikwang's hair as he them. Gikwang smiled happily. "I want that our relationship is longest, not like other people." Dongwoon said.

"If that can happen. Then, never break up with me. Stay with me."

"I won't break up with you. I will always stay with you and by your side." Dongwoon replied and Gikwang nodded.

When the door handling sounds was heard, Dongwoon awkwardly act like nothing happened and he rub his neck as embarrassment because Dujun was here, smiling.

"Dujun!" Gikwang says loudly.

"Yeah, it's me. Gladly, you're okay, Gikwang. Please take care of yourself too. Don't just let Dongwoon take care of you by himself."

"I know that!"

"Good boy. Now, let's go home together, you two. The others are waiting outside the school." said Dujun. The two nodded and ready to go home.

 

Going home together as six people. That's good. So that they can be able to go with me in case I will leave too... Gikwang thought.

 

 

Tbc.

 

A/N : update faster when i got an idea haha. Thanks for reading 💝