Why can't we...

It's okay to love

-

Two best friends, Dujun and Gikwang were in the same middle school. Dujun had been the same class as Gikwang again this third year. He had a crush on Yoseob who's also their classmate but is also Gikwang's best friend but that boy like to be alone. In the morning class, Gikwang feel sleepy because this is the first day as the third year and nothing change. Some are same.

Gikwang is sick and Dujun always take care of him in class. 

When the teacher came in, with a tall boy with foreign looking, Gikwang immediately wake up and his eyes widen and open his mouth seeing the handsome appearance standing in front besides their class teacher. The girls are screaming. Dujun sighed because this gonna be second popular student after him.

"Introduce yourself." said the teacher.

"Ne. Hello. My name is Son Dongwoon. Nice to meet you. I hope you can be nice to me." He bowed.

"We will!" The girls in their fangirling mode scream. Gikwang get annoyed by them but his eyes were on the new student, Dongwoon who is asked to sit next to him.

Dongwoon wave at him. He wave back and shyly look at him. "Annyeong." Dongwoon started. "Ne, annyeong." Gikwang replied.

"What's your name?" Dongwoon asked. "Me? My name is Lee Gikwang. Called me Kwangie! I hope we both can be friends along with Dujun!" Gikwang said loudly until their class teacher ask him shut up. He pouted. Dongwoon slightly chuckles and ruffles his hair all of sudden. He look at the taller with blushes appears on his cheeks.

"I'll be your friend, don't worry." Dongwoon said low voice. Gikwang smiled brightly, showing his eye-smiled and nodded.

After five months, Dujun become third-wheeling whenever Gikwang being lovey dovey with Dongwoon. He wish that Yoseob and him were like that but he can't because it's just too awkward. Dujun got no idea why Gikwang is so obsessed with Dongwoon more than him. He thought this is time to break their friendship. 

"Dujun-ah! Where are you going??" Gikwang asked while Dujun was about to going somewhere.

"You both seems like forget who I am. Am I not you guys friend anymore?" Dujun complain. Gikwang and Dongwoon burst out laughing.

"We're sorry." The two said in unison. Dujun sighed and then smile after seeing Gikwang is more happy with Dongwoon. Their smile, and laugh with each other were something else. It's different from friendship goals.

A few months later, Dujun finally realized that Dongwoon likes Gikwang in romantic way. He was happy to know about it that Dongwoon liked Gikwang who's obsessed with him. Because it hurt him when he always left out without any reason. Now he know why the two are more close than him.

At the rainy night, Gikwang cries because he didn't see Dujun. He lost after coming back from Yoseob's house. He can't call Dongwoon. 

"Yah! Gikwang! What are you doing in the middle road?!!" Dujun shouted. Gikwang turned around and was stuck until Dujun ran towards him, covering his head with his jacket.

"What the hell are you doing there??" Dujun asked. When they at the side road, Gikwang covered his face and sobbing. Dujun sighed seeing the younger crying. "Dujun... Why Dongwoon... Did he have a girlfriend??" Gikwang cries.

"Hm? Why?"

"I can't hide it anymore... I like Dongwoon... But... I saw him hugging with a girl from our class..."

"Does that the reason you cry and trying to kill yourself there?"

"Uhm."

"How stupid! Is that giving up early because you can't get Dongwoon?! If you're die, do you think Dongwoon will continue to be my friend?! Do you think someone will be my friend?!"

"Why you're so mad... Are you jealous that I like Dongwoon because you like me in romantic way?"

"W-what?! Of course not! I don't have any romantic feelings towards you." Dujun says in his arrogant way. "Just stop crying! You're not cute when you're sulking! Just go get him!"

"No!"

"Why?!"

"I'm scared!"

"Scared of what?"

"I can't confess my feelings towards him yet... We're still in middle school and what if he kiss me because I'm crying in front of him? We're still kids..."

"Oh, you realize that we're kids. So, why you're trying to kill yourself? Are you giving up? Do you think it's easy to die in pain, huh?"

Gikwang chuckles making Dujun feel embarrassed. But he tried his best to hide it.

One year later...

The three of them become high schooler. Dujun was happy that he's the same class with Yoseob again. Gikwang and Dongwoon never leave him behind and they go to him. He feel so annoyed when Gikwang linked his arm on Dongwoon. He thought this kid can't get over his crush after getting hurt. Even tho, Dujun keep fhe secret the fact Dongwoon likes Gikwang too.

Well, Dongwoon finally know that Gikwang is sick and he wants to take care of him too like Dujun always did.

"Yo! What's your name?" The black haired boy came towards Dujun and put his arm behind him.

"Yoon Dujun. Who are you?"

"Yong Junhyung and this is Jang Hyunseung from A-class, my boyfriend." Dujun look at the doe-eyed boy, Hyunseung and he smiles awkwardly because Hyunseung smiles first.

"Let's get along together." said Junhyung.

"Who's that small one with blonde hair?" Hyunseung asked Dujun. "Yang Yoseob." "Oh my god! Yoseob?! For real?! He's my best friend! Sorry, Junnie, I'll go talk to that Yoseob first!" said Hyunseung. Junhyung nodded.

"Lucky you, Junhyung-ah... You have a boyfriend. Your boyfriend's best friend, Yoseob... I like Yoseob but please don't tell anyone. You're the first person, I had to tell..." 

"Okay, then."

When they get into 3rd year, Dujun was trying to find Gikwang but he wasn't at school. Everything was changed after Dongwoon keep busy with his club members especially the girls, Gikwang being upset and sad for that. He even told Dujun not to talk about Dongwoon anymore. But today he's not inside the school. 

As Dujun went out from school because of course he must, this is going home time. He ran on the way to Gikwang's house but it was too far. Then he went to go to the road, he saw police car and ambulance with the siren sounds. He saw blood.

"Who is that?" Dujun asked the police. "I think you know him. You guys are same school, right? His name is Lee Gikwang."

"What happened to him?"

"He got hit by car and injured."

Dujun quickly went to the ambulance car and see what happened to Gikwang. "This kid..." Dujun mumbled. Gikwang was fully injured on his head and mouth filled with blood looks like he was fall from the high place.

The day where Gikwang was admitted to hospital, Dujun call Dongwoon to come and visit him. Dongwoon sit on the chair besides Gikwang, waiting for him to wake up but the boy couldn't open his eyes.

"What did the doctor say actually?" Dongwoon asked Dujun.

"They said Gikwang had trauma which make him sleeping like this. I don't know when he will wake up. Do you want to take care of him?" 

"Ne..." Dongwoon took Gikwang's hand with both of his hands, begging for him to wake up. Dujun sighed. 

"Right, I'll leave him with you."

"Wait, Dujun-ah..."

"Hm?"

"Even Gikwang is our friend... But, forgive me for making him always be with me. You must feel hurt when he barely with you, right?"

"Anio. You both are my friends. I can understand why you both were always together more than me. But, sometimes the three of us are together too, remember? I'm just hoping that you can confess your feelings to him someday. Don't wait too long, Dongwoon."

---

It was night, Dujun and Yoseob were in the food court. They had paid early while ordering earlier.

"Dujunnie?" Yoseob says softly. Dujun look at him and turned to red after seeing Yoseob's cute smile.

"Yes?"

"You keep staring at my sandwich. Do you want some?" Yoseob asked. Dujun chuckles. "It's fine." He replied to avoid him embarrassment for being daydreaming.

"I wonder how are Gikwang and Dongwoon now... Why can't Gikwang confess his feelings to Dongwoon already? Or why can't Dongwoon confess his feelings to Gikwang? Why they both are so coward..." said Dujun.

"Maybe they need some times... But, since Gikwang got amnesia, do you think he still like Dongwoon in romantic way?"

"You see how Gikwang always with Dongwoon more than me now? I think it's like the first time Dongwoon came to our middle school. I've always left out by them. Then I realized that they both are actually had feelings for each other."

"Sadly, Gikwang forget about him and you said he asked Dongwoon to get out from the ward..."

"I know. But, don't worry, Seobie. I'm sure everything will be fine soon..."

Yoseob sighed quietly.

"Looks like it's been three years we are together and you finally become my friend. I've been always thinking about you. I wonder if you will accept me as your friend. Yet, you did ask me for that first." said Yoseob.

"Of course. Because I'm interested in you."

"What do you mean by that?" Yoseob asked. Dujun bit his lower lip before he replied to the younger boy. "Why can't we date each other?" The elder asked. Yoseob turned to red and look on the table.

"What do you think of me, Seobie?"

"Hm... You're kind, nice, caring, sweet talk, good and... I think I..."

"You what?"

"Will you be mad if I fall in love with you?" Yoseob asked shyly. Dujun widen his eyes and blushes. His heart skipped a while. He didn't respond but stay quiet. "S-sorry for making you uncomfortable with the question... I'm such an idiot." said Yoseob. Yoseob stood up quickly and went out from here.

Dujun chase him and quickly grabbed his hand before he was about to walk faster as lightning. He turned Yoseob around to him. Dujun surprised seeing the small boy with teary eyes with his cheeks flush with red.

"Yoseob..."

Dujun was brave enough to hug Yoseob. He his hair and pulled the boy closer. "Why did you apologize and run away after confessing your feelings to me?"

"Aren't you mad?"

"Why would I mad if I also liked you for a long time since middle school. But, do you even have that kind of feelings for me?" Dujun released the hugged and wipes the small boy's tears.

"Don't cry, okay?" Dujun said while Yoseob nodded and smile. "Do you like me?" He added shyly. Yoseob blushes and nodded shyly. "Yes."

Dujun chuckles and cupped Yoseob's face. He gently placed his lips on Yoseob's forehead. He pulled away and ruffles Yoseob's hair and smiles before he hugged him again. Yoseob hugged back and hid his face on the elder's shoulder.

 

 

Tbc.

 

A/N : hooray for DuSeob! Who's next? Not yet end. But congrats to these two :D thank you 💖