⬻Chapter IX: Papers⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

“Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi.”

He stood tall on the step above you with his right hand in his pocket. A few of his men stood behind him.
You looked back down and saw that those men bowed to him when they saw him. 
“I’m sorry, are they here for you?” You asked, facing him again.
“Step aside,” one of his men ordered.

Aish, rookie mistake.
You thought.
“I’m sorry.”
You bowed your head slightly, as you moved aside.
Hajoon walked past you while you stood off to the side.
You looked down and saw him walk to the bottom of the stairs, as his men greeted him. He entered the car, and soon they all drove off.

“Thank god, it wasn’t them,” you felt relieved, placing a hand on your chest. 
You looked around, inspecting each inch of the area, before you continued walking down the stairs.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked out of the yellow cab and thanked the driver. You tiredly walked up the steep road to get to the end of the street where your small home stood on. The neighborhood was quiet, a few streetlamps lit up the street. There were a few stars above the dark sky, but you'd have to look hard to find one. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Eunwoo-ah?” You called him, as you approached the porch.
Eunwoo stood up from the step he was sitting on. He looked at his watch, realizing it was 2AM.
“Why are you home so late? Do you know dangerous it is?” He asked in concern. 

You were astounded; he had never spoken to you in that tone.
Eunwoo noticed it too after he read your quiet expression.
“I’m sorry. I was just worried about your safety,” Eunwoo apologized.
“No, it’s okay. Why are you here?”
“I was waiting for you. I just wanted to make sure you got home.”
You had no clue how long he has been waiting. You felt bad regardless.
“I’m sorry, Eunwoo,” you gave him an apologetic look.
“No, I’m sorry for raising my voice,” Eunwoo apologized, “You should go inside.”
“Thank you for waiting,” you smiled.
He smiled and nodded.
“Good night and get home safely,” you wished. 
“Sweet dreams!” He replied.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Haein, is everything okay?” You asked her, as you organized some paperwork.
“Yea, why?”
“Well, you haven't been at work the past few days, so I was just worried.”
“I just needed a few days off,” she smiled.
Haein thought for a while before she remembered what she wanted to ask you. She excitedly slapped your arm.
“Yah, did you talk to the chairman at all while I was gone? Did anything happen?”
“Haein, we rarely see him," you stated the obvious.
You thought for a while.
"Actually, I was in the elevator with him before,” Haein nodded along
 “He was on the phone with someone. He spoke in Korean, and then he switched to English out of nowhere,” you told her.
“Did you understand the English part?”
“Well, I'm not sure if it was English. I thought it was English. The call was short too; too short for me to make out if there was actually anything going on.”
Haein thought for a while.
“Short call. Korean to English. That's suspicious. I think there’s something, don’t you think?” Haein asked you.
“Um, I don’t know. That was all,” You told her, before picking up the pile of papers.
Just as you were about to leave, Haein stopped you by grabbing your arm. You turned to look at her, and she gave you that look.
“No, don’t even ask me.”
“What do you mean? I know you’re curious too,” Haein pouted.
That’s true.
“That’s just weird. If you want to know, then you can ask him yourself,” you told her.
“-----ah! Mr. Soo Hyuk-----” 
You stopped her from saying anymore words to you.
“I’ll see you at lunch,” you said, walking away from the front desk.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As you walked out of the elevator, you were quite deep into your thoughts about him.
What if Haein is right?

You mentally slapped yourself.
 I’m thinking too much.

Just then, you heard a familiar sound, just like the steps you heard that night.
Your heart began beating faster. You stopped right where you were and listened to the clicks of the footsteps.
Did they find me?
You thought.
Chills ran down your arms, and your breathing became heavy.

You noticed that the floor you were on was oddly quiet.
Am I going to die here? Did they plan this?
You looked at the pile of papers you were holding. The crisp sound of the footsteps became louder and closer to you.
You closed your eyes, turned around, and quickly threw the papers right in front of the person who was only a few inches away from you.
“HELP!” You screamed, running the opposite way.  

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You ran down the stairs and right to Haein who was still standing at the front desk.
“Haein, help me!”
Haein dropped what she was doing and worriedly looked at you.
“Are you okay? Did you see a ghost?” She asked.
“We have to get out of here right now," you warned her, catching her breath,"someone’s after me,” you told her, while looking behind her at the stairs, hoping that the person wasn’t following you.
“What are you talking about?” She asked in confusion.
“For now, we need to get out of here,” you told her, grabbing her hand and leading her out the front door.
Haein stopped you.
“Let’s go to the security’s office. They can help us,” Haein suggested.
You looked behind Haein, spectating the area.
“Okay, let’s go!”
You and Haein ran into the security’s office, which was located only a few doors down from the main entrance.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Hi Jinyoung-shi, is there any chance we can review some security footage?” Haein asked, as you tightly held onto her arm, looking at the door.
“Security footage?”
Haein nodded her head.
“What’s the reason for that?” Jinyoung questioned.
“Ah that,” Haein awkwardly smiled, looking back at you, “-------, tell Jinyoung what happened,” Haein tugged your hand.
You looked at them.
“What?”
Haein gave you the face, signaling you to tell your story.
“Ahh!” You replied to Haein.
You looked Jinyoung, still trying to catch your breath, and panic on your face.
“Jinyoung-shi, a while ago, I was on the 3rd floor. I believe there is a dangerous man on that floor. A stalker of some sort. A serial killer, looking for me,” you anxiously and quickly explained.
Jinyoung was puzzled; his brows furrowed; his mouth slightly apart, his hand scratched behind his head.
“Do you remember how he looks like? If what you say is true, we may need to call a code red and notify the chairman,” Jinyoung said.
You thought for a while.
“Actually, I didn’t see his face because I closed my eyes, but just listening to the footsteps, I know he's a dangerous man,” you told Jinyoung.
Jinyoung gave you and Haein a confused look.
“Which floor did you say it was, and which elevator were you closest to; north side or south side?” Jinyoung asked, pulling up the footage.
“It was the 3rd floor, north side,” you replied.

It only took Jinyoung a few minutes to pull up the footage.
“That’s me right there,” you pointed at the screen; Jinyoung stopped scrolling the footage.
Jinyoung, you, and Haein watched the clip closely.
“You see! That’s the man!” You pointed at the man who stood behind you in the footage.
You looked at Haein.
“We need to call a code red and call the police,” you quickly told her.
Haein and Jinyoung continued to look at the footage, witnessing the moment you threw the papers at the suspect.
Haein stood tall again and looked at you, while Jinyoung twirled his chair to look at you.
“Yah, we need to call a code red! Why aren’t you guys panicking? I’m telling the truth,” you panicked.
“-------shi,” Jinyoung called you, crossing his fingers.
You looked at him.
“What?”
“That’s …the new chairman, Mr. Wi Ha Joon,” Jinyoung told you.
Your eyes widened.
“Huh?”
You were befuddled.
What the heck is he talking about? I didn't hit my head, did I? 
You thought.

“You threw…papers at Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi?” Haein slowly said in disbelief.
“What are you talking about? I-I----”
You looked at the footage Jinyoung rewound back, zooming into Ha Joon’s face.
You moved Jinyoung’s chair aside and looked closely at the screen.
Your mouth opened.
“No, no, no! That’s not the chairman,” you denied.
You looked at Haein.
“Tell me that’s not the chairman,” you begged Haein.
“Yah, why did you throw papers at the chairman?” Haein asked.
You wanted to beat yourself up.
“So, do I still need to call a code red?” Jinyoung asked, looking at you and Haein, leaning back on his chair.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Haein walked out of the security’s office, you with your head down while Haein looked at you.
You stopped and covered your face with both of your hands.
“Haein-ah, what if the chairman fires me? Ms. Kim?” you upsettingly asked, looking at her.
“It’s okay. Apologize to him. I believe he’ll understand you,” Haein comforted you.
“I’m scared,” you told her.
“Don’t be. You got this! I’ll go with you,” Haein gave you a hwaiting sign.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Before you two could make it to the front desk, Haein stopped you once more.
“Why were you so scared? Did something happen?” She asked you in concern.
"You looked really scared in the footage."
You thought for a while.
Should I tell her?
“I’ll tell you another time,” you told her.

“Haein, let me go clean my mess up on the 3rd floor. I’ll be back.”
Haein smiled and nodded.
You took a heavy sigh.
“I’m so stupid. Aish, throwing papers at Mr. Wi Ha Joon.” 
You wanted to call it a day.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You took the elevator back to the 3rd floor.
The papers you threw earlier still laid out on the floor, as if no one had touched them. You bent down on your two knees.
“I’m so dumb. How am I going to face him now?” You whispered to yourself as you picked up the papers.
Just as you were about to pick up the last piece of paper, someone grabbed it, handing it to you.
You looked at the white piece of paper with black ink on it, trailing up to the person’s hand and then to him.

“Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi,” you managed to say his name.
He looked at you, gesturing you to take the last paper.
You took it and stood up, tugging your black skirt down a bit.
Ha Joon stood up, facing you.
You bowed down immediately.
“I’m so sorry! I’m sorry! I’m really sorry!” you continuously bowed.

You lifted your head and gave him an apologetical look. 
"I thought you...you were a ---" 
You thought hard on how to describe that person you met that night.
"A bad guy?" 
Ha Joon asked. 
You looked at him and embarrassingly shook your head. 

Ha Joon sighed. 
"Are those files for me?" He asked, looking at the papers you picked up. 
You looked at the papers and back at him. 
"Ah yes. However, due to my carelessness, I," you were embarrassed and ashamed to even mention about the throwing the papers in his face, "I threw it at you, so-"
Hajoon interrupted you. 
"Have them organized in 15 minutes and bring them to the meeting room on the fifth floor," he instructed, before walking past you to the elevators. 
You stood there in shocked. 
Not because of the 15 minutes he gave you to organize 100 papers, but the fact that he didn't fire you on the spot.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You ran into one of the working rooms on the third floor and began working right away. 
He gave me this chance, so I need to use it wisely. 

You thought as you filed each paper into its own pile. 
You looked at the black-rimmed clock that hung on the wall. 
"3 more minutes," you whispered, reminding yourself of the time. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Once you finished, you swiftly ran out of out the room and took the elevator up to the fifth floor. 
You ran to the meeting room, but before you could even make it to the room, Ms. Kim stopped you. 
"-------shi," Ms. Kim called out. 
You had a desperate look. 
Ms. Kim, not right now. 
You turned around and changed your expression. 
"Yes, Ms. Kim?" 
"Where are the files I asked you to file this morning?" She asked. 
"It's right here!" You showed her the binders you were hugging tightly to your chest. 
"Why is it still there? I thought I made it clear this morning," Ms. Kim scolded. 
"I'm sorry, Ms. Kim, but I need to get these to Mr. Ha Joon-shi," you gave her an apologetical look, bowing before you ran down the hallway to the meeting room. 
"-------shi!" 
Your name echoed down the hallway. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"The meeting room will be occupied by the chairman and the chairman's family. The chairman does not permit employees right now," one of the guards said as one of his arms extended out, stopping you from entering. 
"Mr. Ha Joon-shi asked me to bring these files to him," you replied, showing him the binders you were holding. 
"What's your name?" The same guard asked. 
"Park -------." 
The two guards looked at each other. 
"Please hand it to the family's lawyer. He'll be seated on the right side, last seat, closest to this entrance. Please make it quick," the guard instructed. 
You nodded to his instructions. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The guard opened the door, and you walked in, feeling anxious. 
This meeting sounded like the real deal. 
You found the lawyer, just as the guard had said. 
Not that you wanted to be nosy, but your eyes wondered around themselves. Just as the guard mentioned, it really was just the family with the exception of the former chairman. You noticed that Ha Joon wasn't in the room yet. 
"Excuse me?" You said as quietly as possible as you approached the lawyer, in hopes that it wouldn't disrupt the other family members. 
He turned to his side and stopped what he was doing on his laptop. 
"Can I help you?" He asked. 
You bowed to him before speaking another word.
"These are the files the chairman requested," you smiled, handing him the few binders you were holding onto. 
"Thank you," he said, accepting them from your care. 
You bowed once more. 

You turned around to leave just to be greeted by Lee Soo Hyuk's presence. 
He smiled, seeing you. 
"Hello ------!" 
"Soo Hyuk-shi, hello," you smiled back. 
Soohyuk's mom walked in. Just as she walked pass you and Soohyuk, she looked behind her shoulder. 
"It looks like you have not been trained to bow before your superiors," Soohyuk's mom commented. 
You looked at her and quickly bowed. 
"I'm sorry," you apologized. 
"Don't forget that Soo Hyuk is also the former chairman's grandson. Show your respects." 
Soohyuk stopped his mom from saying anymore. 
"Mom, I specifically asked her not to," Soohyuk looked at his mom. 
"As long as I am here, she will continue to show you respect too," His mom said, before taking her seat at the table. 
Your head was still down and your arms parallel to the ground. 
Soohyuk looked at you. 
"Didn't we agree not to do that anymore?" Soohyuk asked. 
You slowly lifted your head up and looked at him. 
"I'm sorry about that. Please don't mind her," Soohyuk apologetically said. 
"Please don't apologize. I should take my leave before the meeting starts," you said to Soohyuk. 
"I'll see you later," he smiled, before walking to his seat.

Just as you were going to take a step out the door, Hajoon walked right in.
With your quick reflex, you took a giant step to the side, almost falling to the floor by your sudden and unbalanced step. 
You bowed with your head down and arms paralleled to the floor. 

Hajoon stopped his tracks and looked at you. 
"Are you here to deliver the files I've requested?" Hajoon asked. 
You lifted your head; you really couldn't look at him, but you had to. 
"Yes. I've handed them to the lawyer," you notified him. 
Hajoon gave you one more look before walking to his seat at the end. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Haein sat across from each other at the same table you sat outside the other day. 
The sun made it great, and the cool breeze made the day even better.
"Here," you moved over a box of kimbap across the table to Haein. 
Haein's eyes gleamed. 
"You made this for me?" Haein asked. 
You nodded and smiled. 
"Aigoo, you are such a sweetheart! I didn't make anything for you," Haein said, feeling bad that she didn't pack anything for you. 
You began eating a piece of kimbap. 
"Don't worry about it," you smiled. 
"Thank you, --------! I don't know how I got so lucky," she smiled at you, before taking a bite of the kimbap you made. 
"This is soooo delicious! I love your kimbap," she commented. 
"Stop it! Ahjumma makes the best!" 
"Hers is also on the top list," Haein chuckled. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Haein talked for a while, laughing at each other's jokes. 
You searched for your drink inside your lunchbag. Haein took a sip of hers, as she looked at you. 
"What are you looking for?" Haein asked, setting her drink down. 
"I was looking for my juice," you told her. 
"Did I pack a drink?" You asked yourself. 
You thought for a while. 

"Haein, I don't think I packed one, so I'm going to go use the vending machine inside. Did you want anything?" You asked her. 
"A bag of chips would be greatly appreciated," Haein smiled. Haein reached in her pocket and you saw that. 
"No, it's okay! It's literally a few won," you laughed. 
"Are you sure?" Haein asked again. 
"I got it!" 
"Thank you!" Haein smiled. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You made your way up the path that led back to the building. Before making a turn by the corner, you heard someone speaking on the other side. You quickly hid behind the side of the building, listening to the conversation. 
"I heard you've been very...active these days. Stay low for now. Our side can take care of it. You just need to do your part on your side."
You listened attentively. 
"Don't worry about that. We just need to get the timing right. As long as we both are working together, Hajoon and his dad will never find out."

 Is Hajoon in danger?

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡


♡Much love♡


This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆