⬻Chapter XXI: Alley⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
"Get home safely," you wished to your guest. 
"Thank you so much, -----! I really appreciate it!" She said before taking her leave. 
You closed the door and walked to your room. 
You opened the closet and grabbed the black box she had given you on the top shelf of your closet. 
You sat down on the floor and set the box in front of you. 
You examined the outside of the box for a minute. 
You looked at the lock and flipped it, seeing how you would even open it. 
Did she give me the keys? 
You wondered. 
Too much things had happened that you had forgotten if you even have the keys to open the box. 
You sighed, thinking that you've thought too much. 
You placed the box in the same spot in your closet. 
Just as you were out to close your closet, you looked at his blazers. 
You gave it a slight touch before stopping yourself from thinking any further. 
No, stop! I'm thinking too much about him. He shouldn't be intervening in my everyday life. 
You thought. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
A month went pass just like that. Hajoon's figure was slowly disappearing at the company. You began wondering about what had happened to him. Without him, you didn't know where to go next with your investigation. Haein barely had any information on Hajoon, which helped you with nothing. There were many times you had the urge to ask Ms. Kim about Hajoon, but you stopped yourself from doing so to avoid any problems with Ms Kim. 
You began planning your next move on the investigation.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Eunwoo!" You called his name, catching his attention. 
You smiled and waved at him. 
Eunwoo waved back and walked towards you. 
"What's up?" he asked. 
"Nothing. I just wanted to say hi, that's all," you smiled. 
"Wanna take a walk?" He asked. 
"Sure, but we can't go long. Remember that other job I picked up? I have to go in a bit," you disappointedly told Eunwoo. 
"Then, let's walk to the bus stop together," he said. 
"Thank you! You're the best," you smiled. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The walk began a little quiet. The sun was slowly setting. 
Eunwoo was a little nervous to ask you, but he just had to ask. 
"--------," 
You looked at Eunwoo. 
"Yea?" 
"Earlier this week, I saw a strange woman at your house. Did she just move to the neighborhood?" Eunwoo asked. 
"Oh, her? No, she has always been in the neighborhood. You've never seen her before?" You asked in confusion, tilting your head to the side. 
"No, I've never seen her before," Eunwoo replied. 
"Oh, she's just a friend. More like an aunt to me though," you chuckled. 
"Oh." 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Thanks for walking me to the bus stop."
"You be careful okay?" 
"I will," you smiled. 
You got on the bus and picked a window seat, waving to Eunwoo, as Eunwoo waved back to you. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Eunwoo watched the bus drove further down the street. He took out his phone, placing it on his ear.
"I sent a photo earlier. Please figure out who she is," Eunwoo asked before adding the call. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Mrs. Lee is in her study room. Please bring the water there," Ms. Yoo said
"Yes," you slightly bowed your head. 
You grabbed the tray and made your way to the study room. Truth was you were anxious. This would be the first first time you would meet her. 
You knocked on the door before opening it. 
You opened the door and saw her sitting on one of the sofas that was placed in the middle of the room, facing the door. She glanced up from her book. 
"Place it here," she said. 
"Yes," you walked over and placed the tray on the table, sliding it closer to her.
You bowed before taking your leave. 
Mrs. Lee placed her book down and looked at you. 
"Wait," she said, uncrossing her legs. 
You stopped and turned around to look at her. 
"Is there anything else I can do for you?" you asked her. 
Mrs. Lee stood up and walked over to you. 
As nervous as you were, you stood there, planting your feet on the floor. 
"Aren't you the girl Soohyuk's been talking to?" She asked. 
You were quite confused and shocked with the way she worded her question. 
"O-oh, Soohyuk-shi and I are.....just friends," you stuttered. 
She scanned you up and down with her arms crossed. 
"I think you two are more than friends." 
Before you could even say anything to her, she stopped you from doing so.
"Stay away from my son," she warned you. 
You didn't reply back to her, besides bowing again before taking your leave. 
You closed the door and stopped there for a second to process about what just happened.
Does it look like we're dating?
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked back to the kitchen, taking off the apron. 
"Have a good night, Ms. Yoo," you bowed to her. 
"See you tomorrow," she said. 
You walked to the back and carefully looked at the decor. Mrs. Lee was minimalistic woman. 
You sighed. 
When will I get to live like this? 
You thought, as you daydreamed about your dream home.

"I haven't done much yet." 
You stopped and looked over your shoulder.
Am I hearing things?
You scanned down the hallway and saw no one except you. 
Maybe it's just the walkie talkies. 
You debunked. 
"It's hard getting to them. I'm doing my best over here." 
You stopped again and looked over your shoulder. You saw Mrs. Lee's reflection on one of the walls of glass, making you quickly hide behind a gap in the wall. You listened carefully to her conversation. 
"Keep your distance. His father landed a few days. Once I begin, I'll let you know." 
With that, she ended the call. 

You peeked your head out and scanned the hallway then retreated. 
What is she talking about?
You thought. You took a deep breath and decided you had to leave the premises as soon as possible to organize your thoughts. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As you walked out of the property, you began making your way to the main streets. Those questions you had began pouring out like waterfalls.

Is she talking about Hajoon and his father? What does any of this have to do with them? Is Hajoon in danger? What if he is? Is he hiding? Is that why I don't see him at the office? Is Soohyuk part of this? Is his mom bad? What about his dad? 
You thought of every possible way, but nothing seemed to connect. You shook your head, declining all the questions you had.
Wait, they're all family members, nothing could happen. I'm thinking too much. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"My son, you're here!" 
Soohyuk bowed to his mother who was still in her study room, reading the same book. 
"What brings you here so late?" She asked, setting her glass of water down. 
"Nothing. I wanted to stop by to see if you're okay," Soohyuk said, sitting across from her. 
"I'm well," she answered. 
Soohyuk analyzed his mother's expression. She had a smile on for him.
"Are you sure?" he asked. 
"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" She asked him back. 
Soohyuk thought for a while.
"Okay, that's all," Soohyuk said as he stood up to leave. 
"This is the quickest visit, Soohyuk," his mom said. 
Sooohyuk stopped and thought before saying it. 
"Whatever you're thinking and planning, don't do it," Soohyuk said. 
Before Soohyuk could take another step, his mom stopped him once more. 
"That girl, --------," his mom began, catching his attention. 
Soohyuk looked over his shoulder. 
"What about her?" 
"You know that she works here, don't you?" 
"Just recently. Why?" 
"I know that you're here for her," his mom said. 
"And, if I am, what's wrong with it?" Soohyuk questioned, fully turning to face his mom. 
"Don't get too attached to her," she warned Soohyuk. 
Soohyuk looked at his mother once more before taking his leave.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Did ------- just leave?" Soohyuk asked Ms. Yoo. 
She bowed to Soohyuk before answering his question. 
"Mr. Soohyuk-shi, she did a while ago," Ms. Yoo replied. 
Soohyuk took out his keys and made his way to his car. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

[Trigger Warning Below - 1st Warning]

You hailed a cab and entered the car. 
"Where to?" 
"Just a few streets down, I'll tell you when to stop," you told the cab driver. 
"No problem," he said, looking at the rear mirror, smiling. 
You smiled back and looked outside. 

After a few minutes, you realized the area didn't look familiar at all. 
"Oh wait, Mister. I think you went the wrong way," you said, looking at him. 
"Are you sure?" He asked, looking at you through the rear mirror.
"Yea, you have to go back to the main road," you told him. 
"My apologies. I'll GPS back to the main road," the man said. 
"Thank you," you said as you sat back and looked out the window. 
Your heart began pounding faster. 
I need to get out. 
You thought.
You knew you were no longer safe.
"You can stop here" you told him. 
He looked at you. 
"Right here?" He asked, slowing the car down.
"Yes."
"Are you sure you live here?" He asked as the car came into a stop, turning to face you in the back. 
"How much is the fare?" you asked. 
"It's free for you," he said, winking.


[Trigger Warning Below - 2nd Warning]

You nervously chuckled and pulled the door handle to exit the vehicle, only for him to lock the door. 
You looked back at him, as he tried reaching for your hand. You quickly switched the lock and ran out of the car. 
The guy smacked the steering wheel, irritated. 
He quickly got out of his car and ran after you. 
"WAIT!" He yelled out. 
You looked behind as you continued to run faster away from him. The man fastened his pacing to catch you.
He grabbed your arm, pulling you away from anyone seeing you, dragging you into an alley.
You fought your way out of his grasp. 
"Wait, why are you struggling?" He asked you, holding you tightly in his arms. 
You stopped and looked at him, with a pleading look, struggling out.
"I'll give you all the money you want. You can take my bag. Please just don't do anything to me," you pled, trying to push him away. 
"I don't want anything," he said, as he sniffed your neck. 
"HELPPP!!" you screamed, moving away from him. 
"If you scream again, I'll dispose your body here," he warned, bringing you closer to him. 
"Please let me go. I won't tell anyone about you or any of this!" your eyes began to water. 
He leaned in to your neck again, sniffing your scent, as you shut your eyes tightly. 
This is the end of me. 
You thought. 
The man pulled back and looked at you. 
One arm still wrapped tightly around your waist, and the other hand removed a strand of your hair away from your face. 
"Your man must be so lucky," he commented. 
You had your eyes still shut tightly, turning away as you felt his hand on your face. 
"Open your eyes," he commanded. 
If I don't do it, I might not see tomorrow. 
You thought. 
You slowly opened your eyes and saw the man looking at you, scanning below past your face. 
"Please let me go. I won't speak a word of this," you cried. 
"Don't cry. I won't do anything," he said. 
"If you just send me home, I'll do ANYTHING you want me to," you lied to him. 
The man doubted you. 
"You're not going to run?" he asked. 
"I won't. I have no where to run," you told him. 
"So, your place?" he asked. 
"Just send me home and I'll do anything you ask me to!" You told him again. 
You had planned your next move already. 


"You promise?" He asked, loosening the grip around your waist. 
"I promise," you said. 
The man released you and had his eyes on you closely. 
He gave you the eyes to lead him to the car. 
You took a silent deep breath as you were going to make a run for it. 
You walked pass him as his eyes trailed after you. 
You slowly walked to his car. You listened to his footsteps. At the same time, your heart was pounding so fast. 
You closed your eyes and prayed that you could get out of the situation. You tightly gripped on your bag, ready to swing it at the man. 
With no more time wasted, you turned around and swung your bag as harsh as you could, hitting the side of his face. 
The man screamed in pain and fell to the ground, giving you time to make a run for it. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Soohyuk drove along the quiet streets, scanning for you. 
"She's not at the bus stop?" Soohyuk questioned as he parked on the side wondering where you could have walked to. 
Soohyuk started his car again and slowly drove down the street, hoping he'd find you. He carefully looked down each small streets, looking left and right to see if you'd be there. 
Soohyuk stopped the car and thought again. He reversed the car and looked at a car that was parked in the middle of the street a few feet away from the road he was on. 
Hmm.
He thought. He looked carefully and saw a girl and a guy. He couldn't quite make a face to the girl and guy, but somehow his guts were telling him something. 
Soohyuk pulled his car up to not block the street, then he parked his car. 
He walked out of his car to assess the situation.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You ran down the street and made a run for it without looking back at the man. This was a life or death situation. You looked around for help, but not a person was in sight. 
"YAH!" 
You heard the man yelled. 
"JUST WAIT TILL I GET YOU!" 
There was no time to cry about it, even though that was the thing you wanted to do.
You ignored his voice and continued running as fast and far away from the man. 
You stopped and saw that there was a four-way intersection. You looked back and saw the guy struggling to catch up to you with one hand easing the pain down where you had struck him.
With no time to make a decision, you quickly made a right turn, hoping it'd confuse him.
You continued running without looking back, making a few right and left turns down those alleyways. You only hoped that those turns weren't dead ends. 
"YOU WON'T BE SO FAST WHEN I GET YOU!" 
You still heard his voice, that meant you haven't lost him. 
If somebody's there, please help me. 
You prayed, as you continued running. 
You looked over your shoulder and saw him still after you. 

Just as you turned your head back to face the road, a hand from nowhere grabbed your arm, pulling you away from sight and into a gap between the buildings. 
His body was so closed, yet so safe in the most possible way.
He pushed you back against the wall as he stood over you, keeping watch on the street.
You looked up at him in surprised; eyes wide opened. Just before you could say anything to him, he had covered your mouth with his hand to keep you quiet.
He was so tall that he was literally looking down at you.
You two locked eyes.
You've never felt safer than before. 

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

[Notes]:
Hajoon's done it again! GQ_KOREA just dropped the Brunello Cucinelli Brand collection photoshoot featuring our Hajoon😉 
Yes, so much has happened in this chapter. Keep wondering😉




(08.29) Shoutout to  a lovely commenter @DolphinWorld & my @silent readers!
♡Much love♡


This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆