⬻Chapter IV: Him⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
“What brings you here today?” Ha Joon asked in English.
His body was wrapped in a charcoal wool twill suit. His short, dark hair was slightly gelled to the side. His legs crossed, back leaned against the modern, black, leather couch. His hands crossed and placed on his lap. His piercing stare frightened the man who sat across from him.

The man looked at the men in black suit who were standing behind Ha Joon, before making his request.
“Mr. Ricci would like you to re-evaluate the decision you’ve concluded yesterday.” The man requested.
Ha Joon looked at the man for a few seconds.
“What makes him think that I’d give him a second chance?” Ha Joon asked, as he uncrossed his legs and sat up.
The man’s head blinked out, as he did not know how to respond to Ha Joon’s question.
“Tell him that when he can prove to me that he’s capable, I’ll reconsider his contract.” Ha Joon finalized, before getting up to leave the room. Before he left the room, Ha Joon turned around and looked at the man with his dark brown eyes, a look that could kill someone.
“Let him know that if he ever step foot on my property again, he won’t live to see the next day.” Ha Joon warned. With that, Ha Joon took his exit as a few of his men followed him.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Ha Joon walked down the long corridor. Just then, the consigliere of the family stopped Ha Joon from walking further.
“Mr. Wi, your father would like to have a few words with you. It’s urgent.” The consigliere said in Korean to Ha Joon.
“Where is he?”
“In his office.”
Ha Joon continued his walk down the long corridor before entering his father’s office.

One of the men opened the door for Ha Joon and the consigliere. Once they both entered, the door was securely closed. The consigliere stood behind Ha Joon, as Ha Joon looked at his father whose back was facing him.
“I heard there was an urgent matter.” Ha Joon spoke.
His father turned around and looked at Ha Joon.
“I got a call from the chairman, your grandfather.” His dad said.
Ha Joon gave his dad a confused look.
“Why now?” Ha Joon asked.
“He called me to let me know he will be making an announcement he’s passing the title down.”
“Okay. How is this urgent?” Ha Joon asked.
“Lee Soo Hyuk isn’t taking the title.”
Ha Joon wasn’t interested in finding out who would be next.
“I’m not interested in finding out who’s next in line. Therefore, I will be taking my leave.” Ha Joon said, before turning around to leave.
“Your grandfather had called to let me know that he chose you to take his position.”
Ha Joon stopped. He was confused. 
Ha Joon slightly turned his head to look back at his father.
“Let him know I’m not interested.” Ha Joon said. As he attempted to leave, his father stopped him once more with another response.
“You’ll be departing tonight” His father said.

“Your mother would have wanted it for you.”
With that, Ha Joon pushed the heavy wooden door and walked out of the room.

His father felt bad, seeing Ha Joon like that.
“Would you like me to go get him?” The consigliere asked.
“Leave him.” His father said, with one of his hands tucked in one of his pockets.

Ha Joon cocked the gun and shot a few rounds.
All those rounds shot right in the target of the cardboard dummy.
He frustratedly threw the handgun on counter in front of him, before taking off the headsets.


•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

“Boss, we should leave now.”
Ha Joon stood on the balcony, looking at the city lights, with one of his hands tucked in his side pocket.
His father approached him from the back and patted him on the back, making him turn around.
“You’ll be fine.” His father tried to comfort him. “I’ll be there in no time.”
Ha Joon released a frustrated sigh, before making his way to the private jet.
He buckled in and looked outside. He saw his father still standing on the balcony, waiting for him to depart. He closed the shades and his eyes. Soon, the plane flew off to Korea.

After sixteen hours of a flight, the private jet flew over Korea.
Ha Joon set the papers he had in his hands down and opened the shades. He looked out to the city. It was just as he remembered.

“Mr. Wi, we’ve landed.”
Ha Joon looked at the bodyguard, before getting up to depart the plane.
Ha Joon walked down the stairs. He remembered the smell of Seoul. He walked down a long black carpet that led to his car.
The chauffeur opened the door for him, and he settled down in the back. 
Five cars parked behind his.

“Mr. Wi, would you like to stop by the chairman’s home first?” The chauffeur asked, feeling a little intimidated by Ha Joon’s presence.
Ha Joon gave the chauffeur a menacing look through the rear mirror, before he said anything.
“No.”
“As you request.” The chauffeur said.

The car soon drove off to his private estate.
Ha Joon looked out the window and listened to the radio.

“Today, at 10AM, the long-serving Chairman Han Byung Soo made an unexpected announcement to the public. He will be stepping down from the title and passing it to his grandson, Wi Ha Joon. We will be hoping to see the new chairman tomorrow morning. However, we are unsure if the new chairman will be answering any questions for the public. Please stay tuned.”
The podcast ended.
Ha Joon leaned back and closed his eyes.

Ha Joon opened his eyes, when he felt the car stopped. He looked outside, and noticed that the car had stopped in front of his estate. One of the bodyguards quickly ran over and opened the door for him. He walked out and looked at the estate for a few seconds before walking to the main entrance.
“Boss, your grandfather’s party is tonight. Will you be attending?”
Ha Joon stopped just as he was about to take the first step up the stairs. He thought for a while.

“Your mother would have wanted it for you.”

His father’s line repeated in his head. Ha Joon rolled his eyes in annoyance.
“What time is the party?” Ha Joon asked, turning his head back to look at the guard.
“8PM.”
Ha Joon looked at his watch, 7:45.
Ha Joon walked up the stairs and opened the door.
The guard took it as a yes, that Ha Joon would be attending.

The warm running water ran down his fit body and his hair drenched in the water.
He turned off the water, before wrapping his lower half with a clean, white towel. He wiped the steam of the mirror with a black towel. He looked at his reflection and thoughts ran in his mind.

Ha Joon walked out of the estate covered in an all-black suit.
He entered the car, and soon the car drove off with three cars following behind.

The ride was quiet. Ha Joon looked at his phone. It was a picture of his mom.
I’m doing this for you, Mom.
Ha Joon thought.

“Boss, I’ve noticed that there’s two suspicious cars following us.” His guard said. Ha Joon looked up from his phone.
“Make a right turn at the next light.” Ha Joon instructed, as he looked out the window.
They drove past an isolated part of the city, closer to the water.
The car drove up to a dirt road, which revealed a junk yard. The four cars looped around the back of the yard, then swerved around to face the junk yard, waiting for their prey.
The car that Ha Joon was in was centered, slightly in the back. The other two cars were parked on the right side, while the other car parked on the left side.
Ha Joon looked at his watch, waiting for the two suspicious cars. It read 9:30.
Just then, the headlights from the two suspicious cars parked right in front of Ha Joon’s car.
Ha Joon’s men got out of the cars.
He sat patiently inside the car, while his men tried to reason with the suspicious men.
He looked at his phone again.
Just then, his phone rang. He swiped the answer button and placed the phone over his ear.
“Ha Joon, have you arrived?”
It was his father.
“A few hours ago, already.”
“I heard that you’ll attend the party tonight.”
Ha Joon looked outside to see the situation.
“I was planning to go, but there seems to be a little detour.” Ha Joon said. He saw his men fighting the other men.
“A little detour?”
“I’ll call you later. I’m busy.”
With that, Ha Joon ended the call.


•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Ha Joon threw the man down by the collar. He opened his hand to the side, a signal to bring him his gun.
One of his men quickly ran over and handed the gun to Ha Joon. He cocked the gun and pointed at the man who was on the ground.

“Who sent you?” Ha Joon said in English.
The man looked at Ha Joon, knowing that he would not say a word.
“Bianchi?” Ha Joon asked.
The man said nothing.
“Romano?”
The man remained silent, catching his breath.
Ha Joon became annoyed.
He aimed at the man’s arm and took the shot, making the man scream out in pain.
Ha Joon pointed the gun back at the man on the ground.
“Ricci sent you, right?” Ha Joon asked with a menaced look on his face. He had no time for the man.

“Please. Please. I’ll tell you anything.” The man plead in Korean, holding onto the arm that Ha Joon shot.
“So, are you going to tell me who sent you?”
“Please. Spare me. I’ll tell you anything.” The man on the ground plead.
“I’m going to ask you one more time. Who sent you?”

A loud metal clink echoed throughout the whole yard, making Ha Joon turn to face the cargo containers. He looked back and signal his men to go see, then he signaled the others to drag the man on the ground.

Ha Joon walked through the opening between the two cargo containers.
He looked at the person’s back. She wore a long, black, chiffon dress, and her dark black and brown hair was in a soft curl.

Without taking much time, Ha Joon warned her.
“Stand where you are.” He spoke in Korean.
He saw the girl tensed up.

“Who sent you?” He asked as he pointed the gun at her.
The girl didn’t answer.
He cocked the gun, hoping to get an answer.
“Who…sent…you?”
He asked again.

Ha Joon looked over his shoulder to look at the bruised man.
“Are you here to help him?”
He finally got an answer from the girl.
“Please let me go. I won’t say anything about this.”
Ha Joon thought for a bit, before putting the gun down. He walked over to the girl.
“What did you see?” He asked, as his closely spoke right by her ear, hoping that she would understand how serious he was.
“N-nothing.”
Ha Joon backed away and walked back.
“Let her go.” He ordered, before signaling his men to take the bruised man back.
Ha Joon turned around and looked at the girl.
“Take this as a warning. Next time, I won’t spare your life.”
With that, Ha Joon continued his walk.

“Follow her.” He told one of his men.
“Yes, Boss.”

His men dragged the bruised man behind the containers.
Ha Joon once again pointed the gun at the man.
“Ricci sent you?”
“Y-yes, Ricci sent me.”
“Are you supposed to kill me?”
“Y-yes.”
Ha Joon smirked. He cocked the gun and shot it right next to the guy, startling the man.
Ha Joon bent down to level with the man.
“I won’t kill you today because it would be a waste of time. You know, I was going to change my mind. Let him know, if does something stupid like this again, I won't show him mercy.”  Ha Joon warned, before walking back to his car.

Ha Joon let out an exhale. 
"Go back to the estate." 
Ha Joon ordered.


•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Ha Joon slipped in bed with his navy silk pajamas. He turned to the side and faced the window. From his estate, he could see the big city lights. 
Many thoughts ran in his head that night. He thought about his mother before slipping away.


•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Ha Joon woke up when he heard his alarm go off. He sat up and walked over to the big window. The sun slowly rose up. Ha Joon looked at the time that was displayed on this phone. It read 5:00AM. Truth to be told, Ha Joon didn't get much sleep. He felt as if he'd only closed his eyes for the night. 

Ha Joon entered the car, with a beige blazer and pants with a black dress shift underneath. 

He looked outside.
Ha Joon listened to the ticking on his watch. It brought him peace. 

Before he knew it, the car had been parked outside of  his grandpa's company. He noticed it had changed a lot since he left Korea. The chauffeur opened the door for him, and he walked out, buttoning the first button on his blazer. He examined the building very carefully, before taking his first step up. 
The two polished glass door opened right when he approached the building. 
He looked inside and saw all the staffs lined along the entrance.
So this is what it has become? 
He questioned. 
As Ha Joon walked along the aisle, he noticed a girl, someone that looked very familiar. From his peripheral view, he noticed that the girl was following his footsteps. He stopped and looked over his shoulder to see the girl, looking at him. He saw that she was startled.

 Ha Joon turned around and walked to where the girl was. He stopped in front of her and looked at her for a second. 
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

This story will be avaliable on
Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆