⬻Chapter XXX: Drunk ⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
You quickly hopped onto a bus and picked a seat.
Your head slowly leaned on the chilly window, as you thought about what you saw.
You couldn't accept that Eunwoo was working for Mrs. Lee.
You fidgeted with your fingers, as you thought how you were going to tell Hajoon about this failed mission.
Hajoon being your partner, and Eunwoo being your best friend. How were you going to betray either of them?
I...I'm probably going to have to lie.
You thought, putting it out there as an option.
Eunwoo, why?
You tried thinking of any valid reasons for Eunwoo to work with Mrs. Lee.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

You hopped off the bus, making your way back to your place.
Why would Eunwoo work with them? Is he the one that's been on the call with Mrs. Lee?
Is this why he doesn't want me around Hajoon? Maybe, he's the one that's going to hurt Hajoon.
What if I'm the reason Hajoon's going to be hurt? 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

"--------!"
You looked up from your steps, breaking out from your thoughts.
Your guts told you to run the opposite way, but your feet told you to keep walking towards him.
The fidgeting kicked in again.
You slowly exhaled a stream of air, afraid as you two were only a foot or so away from each other.
"Just got back from work?" 
"Ah yes," you answered, as your heart was pounding so fast.
You wanted the conversation to end quick. Your guts told you "danger."
"W-what about you?" You stuttered.
Aish, stay calm!
You told yourself.
Any slip-ups could be critical.
"I went for a jog and just got back," he lied.
Why are you lying to me?
"Oh, really?"
He smiled and nodded.
"When did you become so healthy?" You joked, hoping that it would calm you down.
You definitely didn't want Eunwoo to sense that you were scared, afraid to be around him.
"Who said I wasn't?" he smartly replied, one brow raised.
"Where...did you go run? The riverwalk?"
A part of you needed to investigate this.
Eunwoo was a different problem for you now, and you had to get to the bottom.
"Yea, I did, with the friends from Incheon."
Lies again.
"How was it?"
"It was refreshing,"
"That's great to hear! You know, I'm going to head home. I've had a long day," you dismissed yourself, "get home safely, okay?" You gave him a smile, trying to remain as normal as possible.
The fact that Eunwoo was working for Mrs. Lee, you couldn't be normal around him any longer.
You saw a different person now, and it definitely wasn't the Eunwoo you knew.
"Wait," he said, stopping you from taking that first step.
"Yea?"
"Your boss, Wi Ha Joon."
I knew it! I KNEW IT! 
"What about him?" You asked, curious to hear what he had to ask next.
"Do you know what he did before he became chairman?"
Why would you need to know this?
You thought.
"No, why?"
There really was no lie in that answer.You've been wondering the same thing.
"Nothing," Eunwoo replied, shaking his head, "I was just wondering," he chuckled.

"Are you...looking into him?" You asked, half scared to death, gripping onto your bag tightly.
You began doubting your knowledge about Eunwoo and what he was capable of doing.
I should have never asked that question.
You regretted.
Eunwoo's friendly smiled slowly faded.
"N-no."
"He's the last person that would hurt me or anyone, so you don't need to look into him."

Eunwoo felt a wave of guilt over his body. There was a moment of silence.
"You should get home," he said, pressing his lips into a smile.
"You should too, Eunwoo! Don't go out where it's dangerous, okay?" you said, before leaving.
Eunwoo watched your figure slowly disappear.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Aish, why would he need to know about Hajoon? I knew it! I just knew it!
You aren't planning to hurt him right, Eunwoo?

You frowned to the thought of it. Eunwoo was your friend after all.
You knew you had to hide this from Hajoon.
At the same time, Hajoon was your partner, and you had to protect him.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

You looked your investigation board, arms crossed, mind blanked.
It seemed that you had forgotten your initial investigation.
The investigation had become something bigger than what you had imagined.
You slowly glanced over to your desk, where a picture of you and Eunwoo stood in between the glass plate of a simple, black frame.
You got up and walked over to your desk, picking the frame up.
You looked at the picture, reminiscing the moment you two had together that day, a smile formed.
You folded the picture in half, showing his side only, then nailed the picture below Mrs. Lee.
You took a step back, looking over the board again.
I'm sorry, Eunwoo.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
"Boss, are you sure this is going to work?" one of his men asked.
"She's the only that can get us closer, if she successfully plants that device in the study room."
"What if she's working for the other side?"The man asked, doubting your ability and loyalty.
Hajoon sat his pen down, stood up from his seat, and walked behind the man who was standing in front of his desk.
"I trust her," Hajoon replied, before leaving his office.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

Hajoon stood in front of his investigation board, one hand in his pocket.
He placed Eunwoo's picture up on the board, next to yours.
He sighed and walked back to his desk, twirling the chair, resting his head on the back of the chair, eyes closed.
The fact that he still couldn't figure you out made him frustrated.
Your friend, Eunwoo being a new target for him.
His father who was constantly on him.
Soohyuk being suspicious. The whole family was odd.
His phone rang, breaking him out the thoughts. He sat up and answered the call.

"Hello?"
"Boss, I just received a call from the doctors from the States. Check your email."
"Thank you."

He printed the files and walked back to his desk.
This was going to tell him everything he needed to know.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

Dear Mr. Wi Ha Joon,
I am writing this letter concerning to the autopsy report you requested.
We found the information on the report and cause of death non-correlational. 
I will need additional information to further confirm the probable cause of death.
I have attached the forms that needs attention.
I look forward to working with you soon.
Sincerely,
Dr. Samuel Snow

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Hajoon dropped the papers on the desk, leaned back, as his mind blanked out.
It wasn’t suicide.
Hajoon thought.
He quickly made a call.
“Does my father know of this issue?”
“We haven’t told him anything. Would you like me to forward him the report?”
Hajoon thought for a second.
“No, don’t let my father know.”
“What about that guy? Has he said anything about what he wanted from ----?”Hajoon asked, reading the letter again.
"About that, Boss, he said that his boss believes ------- has some type of files that's important."
"Keep your eyes on -------. Figure out what they're looking for, and find the woman," Hajoon ordered, before ending the call.
Files? 
Hajoon thought for a second.
Was it that lady she spoke to a few weeks ago?

How can I get you to tell me what you spoke about?

His phone rang again, breaking him out of thoughts.
“Sunghoon.”
“Hajoon, I received the report. I’m so sorry to hear about that.”
“It’s not your fault.”
“If anything, I can try to locate who filed the initial report,” Sunghoon insisted.
“Thank you!”
Before Hajoon ended the call, he had another request.
“Sunghoon, how can I get someone to spill something to me?”
Sunghoon chuckled.
“Easy. Alcohol.”
Alcohol?

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

"Cheers!"
All the employees cheered their shots, including you. 
You took your soju shot, scrunching your face at the end.
"Haein, don't drink too much," you told her, though, you, yourself, were feeling a little drunk.
"Don't worry! I got Jeongmin," she laughed.
"No, don't drink too much, okay?" You asked, pushing her shot glass away.
"Yes, Mom!" She smiled, ear-to-ear.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Upbeat music was played in the background, every one had their share with the food. 
"So nice that the chairman is treating us tonight," one said.
"Right! This is the best! We need to do more of this!" Another said.
The chairman? Right, Ha Joon! Where is he?
You wondered, scanning around the room.
You wanted to see him. It felt like forever since you last saw him.
He sat at one end of the room, alone.
He wore a white dress shirt paired with a black dress pant. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbow.
His blazer was draped over his chair. He didn't do much, besides look over at the employees' table.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

"I'll be back, Haein," you said to her, as you wobbled your way to him.
Hajoon looked over to you.
You plopped down on the seat across from him, feeling a little tipsy.
You should have taken the advice you gave to Haein.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, why don't you join us at that table?" you asked, pointing at the table where all the other employees sat.
"I'm fine here. You should enjoy the drinks," Hajoon suggested.

"Are you sure you don't want to enjoy it with us? Do you drink?" You asked, your left hand on top of your right, placed on the table, as you leaned across the table.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
The music seemed to stop. There was some sort of spotlight on him, making him the center of attention.
There was stars and hearts around him. No sound of time clicking. Nothing.
His eyes were so easy to fall into.
Why was it so hard to get out of it?

"Park ------shi?" Hajoon called.
You quickly looked away, feeling the turns in your stomach, helping you snap out of the hallucination.
"I'll teach you how to drink in Korea," you smiled, walking away from his table.
What's going on? Is it the alcohol?
You questioned, placing your right hand over your heart.
Your heart was palpitating at such an abnormal rhythm; you became a little concerned.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

You walked back to the other table, grabbing a few drinks off the table.
"I'll be back," you whispered to Haein.
"Good luck, girl!" Haein winked.
"Ayeeee, ----------, going in for the win!"One employee shouted.
You chuckled, raising your empty cup in celebration.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

You sat across from Hajoon, as you sat the drinks down.
"We're going to finish this, okay!" You told him, raising the bottle of soju.
You poured a drink for him, pushing it across the table.
Then, you poured a shot for yourself, spilling it over the table.
"Okay, drink it with two hands. Because you're older than me, I will look away to the side," you explained.
"Do you want to make a toast, Mr. Hajoon-shi?" you asked.
"No," he replied.
"It's okay. I'll make a toast then," you smiled.
You raised your shot and signaled him to take his shot as well.
Hajoon sighed and raised his cup after yours.
You cleared your throat.
"To our partnership!" You celebrated, clinking your cup with his.
You turned to the side, taking your shot.

Hajoon looked at you, analyzing how drunk you were.
Is she drunk?
He thought.
Hajoon sat his cup down, his cup still full.
You looked over at him.
"You're not taking the shot?" You questioned.
"I don't drink."
"WHAT?!" you exclaimed, catching the attention of the other employees.
You looked at them and bowed your head in apology.
You turned back to look at him, whispering this time.
"Why don't you drink? I mean, who doesn't drink?" You questioned.
"Take mine for me," Hajoon suggested, sliding the shot across the table.
"Really?"
He nodded.
"Don't say I didn't pour you a drink then," you smiled.
You happily took his shot.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

"Mr. Hajoon-shi, have you found anything yet on Mrs. Lee?" you drunkenly asked.
"No, I haven't," Hajoon replied.
"Aish, they're cutting down the hours," you said, frustratedly, covering your face with your hands.
"Cutting hours?" Hajoon creased his brows in confusion.
Hajoon leaned in.
"Why?" he asked, thinking that maybe Mrs. Lee caught onto his mission.
"I don't know. I heard it from a girl at the place the other night," you replied, tiredly removing your hands away from our face.

You propped your chin on both of the palms of your hands, cupping your face, as you stared at his face.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, did you get more handsome, or is it because I'm drunk?" you asked with no embarrassment.
Hajoon broke out of his thoughts, surprised by your question.
"What?"
"Aish, I'm so tired,"you complained, shuffling your hair.
"Wait, don't fall asleep yet," Hajoon said, as he was about to reach over to grab your hand.
He caught himself doing that, slowly retreating his hand back.
"You want to talk to me?" you asked, pointing to yourself.
"Yes, I do."
Hajoon thought about how he was going to ask you his next questions.
He knew you were out of it, so he had to word it in the simplest way.
"What should we talk about? Your favorite color?" You smiled, as your eyes were heavily closing. 
"Who was that woman you spoke to a few weeks ago? The one that came to your house?" Hajoon asked without wasting any time.
He feared that you would fall asleep on him.
"The woman?" you thought, as you stared into space.
"The woman? Which woman?" you asked, scratching the back of your head, looking back at him.
"Yes, there was a woman that came by your place," Hajoon said, frustrated that you weren't thinking right.
Maybe that was his fault to blame for.
"Ohhhh, her!" You said, loudly.
"Do you remember?"
"Of course! She's my friend," you chuckled, "do you like her?"
"Did she give you anything?" Hajoon asked.
"She's given me a lot of things. Why?" You asked, as your eyes heavily began to close again.
"Stay awake!" Hajoon begged.
"I'm listening. What are you looking for?" You asked, resting your head on your right palm.
"She said she trusts you on keeping something for her. What are you keeping for her?"
"You're talking about that black box, right?"
All you wanted to do was lay down at this point.
"A black box?" Hajoon whispered to himself.
"Yes! What's in that box?" Hajoon asked.
"I don't know. I think she has the key?" You said in a question.
Hajoon sighed, looking away.
A black box?
He thought. 
"What's your friend's name?"
"My friend? Which friend?" Your head couldn't wrap around his questions.
He had asked way too many questions.
"The friend that gave you----"
"Eunwoo?" You said, lifting your head to look at him.
"Eunwoo gave you that box?" Hajoon asked, confused with what you were saying now.
"I think...I think that Eunwoo's working for..."

"Mr. Hajoon-shi, my head is dizzy. I'm going to put my head down for a second, okay?"
You thumbed up, before tiredly dropping your head hard on the table.
"Wait, wait, wait!" Hajoon begged.
He sharply sighed, leaning back against his chair.
Hajoon looked over to the other table as he saw the employees enjoying the drinks and food.
How am I going to get this out from you?
Hajoon thought, looking back at you.
"-------shi?" Hajoon called.
You didn't budge.
"-------shi?" he called again, but again, no response from you.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

"Thank you for tonight's meal, Chairman!" One of the employees thanked, bowing his head.
Hajoon stood by the exit.
"Thank you for tonight, Chairman Wi!" Another bowed.
"To the best Chairman!" Another said.
"Have a safe night," Hajoon wished.

Hajoon looked over to you, across the room. You were still sound asleep, head on the table.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi."
Hajoon looked at the person.
"Haein-shi."
"Oh, you remember my name?" She chuckled.
"Can you bring ------- to my car? I can't carry her," Haein drunkly asked.
He glanced at you and then back at Haein.
"No problem," Hajoon replied. 
"Thank you so much for the meal, Chairman!" Haein bowed; her arm around Jeongmin's shoulder.
"Thank you, Chairman Wi," Jeongmin bowed after.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 

Hajoon waited for everyone to leave before walking over to you.
He contemplated on how he was going to get you to Haein's car.
"--------shi?" He called, hovering his hand over your back.
He took a deep breath, and then he placed his hand on your back.
"Park --------shi?" He called again.
He sharply sighed, as you didn't answer him.

Hajoon grabbed your right arm, placing it around his broad shoulder.
He wrapped his left arm around your waist, pulling you up from your chair.
At that moment, you woke up, feeling dizzy.
You looked over with your eyes hardly opened.
"Oh, Hajoon-ah!" you smiled, calling him informally.
He looked down at you, still holding onto you.
"I'm taking you to Haein's car."

It was those tingles again.
You hated them when they rose.
Your cheeks flushed bright pink, and your heart began doing that thing again that you hated.
You began thinking that it wasn't your fault, but Hajoon's fault. 
With the loss of time, you swiftly swung yourself in front of Hajoon, pulling him into a hug.
His eyes widened from the subtle hug, his one arm still wrapped around your waist.
"Mylegsfeelwobbly," you slurred, snuggling on his shoulder.

Hajoon took a few seconds to regain his composure, before attempting to pull you away.
"IthinkI'mgoingtofallHajoon-ah," you mumbled.
"W-what?" He asked, as he got you to part away from him.
You tried taking a step, only to trip over one leg of the chair.
Your legs weakly collapsed.
Before Hajoon could support you, you two were down on the floor.

Hajoon winced in pain, as his back made contact with the ground, your weight on top of him.
It took you a few seconds to regain conscience.
You pushed against his chest, making eye contact with him.
As drunk as you were feeling, it was his damn brown eyes; they were like some love potion, luring you in, stars around him.
His lips.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
You gulped your saliva.
It made you more drunk than the alcohol.

Meanwhile, Hajoon felt that same feeling you were feeling.
Th-thump. Th-thump.Th-thump.
His eyes widened; his arm still wrapped around you.
He felt paralyzed, you on top of him.


"Hajoon-ah, I think.........
                         

 

 

 

                                                                   

 

                                                              .............I like you?"

 

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

[Notes]: The Worst of Evil is now streaming on Disney Plus.♡

(10.30) Special shoutout to:
@DolphinWorld
and as always,
@silent readers!
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆