⬻Chapter XII: Hospital⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

"Yah! You should have came to work," Haein said, eating a piece of kimchi.
"What do you mean? Did something happen?" You asked.
Eunwoo looked over to you, giving you a worried look.
"No, the chairman wanted to speak with you, but I told him, you took the day off," Haein said enjoying the cool breeze.
"WHAT?!" You quickly stood up, making Eunwoo startled. He grabbed your arm.
"What happened?" He mouthed.
You looked over to Eunwoo, waving your hand, assuring him it was nothing.
"Haein,"
You looked over to Eunwoo.
"I'll be back," you told Eunwoo, covering phone speaker. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Haein, I think I know why Mr. Hajoon wants to speak to me," you began.
"Why?" Haein asked curiously.
"I think he's going to...dismiss me," you hopelessly replied.
"What?! What do you mean?" Haein asked, dropping her chopsticks.
"It's a long story. I'm going to go find a new job around the area. I need to get ready for what's coming," you told her.
"Yah, what are you talking about? You're leaving me here?" Haein questioned.
"I'm not," you tried comforting her.
"If you're really looking for another job, I actually saw an ad the other day while I was on the internet," Haein said.
"Really? Can you send me the link?" You asked.
"I'll email it to you."
"Thank you!"
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You ended the call with Haein and walked back to where you and Eunwoo were sitting.
"Eunwoo-ah, I'll be back. You'll be okay, right?"
"I'll come with you," Eunwoo insisted.
"No, it's okay. It'll be quick."
"Don't go too long, or I'll call the police," Eunwoo joked.
"Don't worry," you smiled.
You waved at Eunwoo and proceeded to run up the road.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You entered the library and picked a computer, logging into your email as quickly as possible.
There it was, the link that Haein sent you.
You pulled up the website, read the agreement and qualities.
"I can do that," you whispered.
It was a position for a back-up housekeeper for a small family.
The pay was reasonable, but the location was quite a drive.
“Interview on Saturday,” you said, writing down the date just in case you forgot.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Let me see your forehead,” you said to Eunwoo, looking at the bandaged area.
Eunwoo slightly turned his head for you to get a better view. He looked at your worried eyes, feeling guilty that you felt guilty.
You looked at him, noticing that he was in his own world.
You gently slapped his arm.
“Are you okay? Do we need to go to the hospital?”
Eunwoo shook his head, declining your suggestion.
“Why not? What if you have a concussion?”
You thought about a possibility of him dying due to his injury, causing you to tear up.
Eunwoo was startled by the tears that ran down your cheeks, backing away from you a bit.
“Y-yah, why are you crying?”
To be honest, Eunwoo wasn’t sure how to comfort you.
You buried your face in your palms.
“I’m so sorry! I should have looked before throwing that flashlight at you,” you cried, looking back at him, “yah, let’s go to the hospital. You can die you know?”
“--------, I’m not going to die from this,” Eunwoo laughed.
"Let's go to the hospital, okay?" you begged him.
“Will it make you feel better?” Eunwoo asked.
You wiped your tears and nodded.
“Then, let’s go,” Eunwoo said.
“Really?”
Eunwoo nodded.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sat in the waiting room, while the doctor was with Eunwoo. You'd give them a smile when you’d made eye contact with the other patients in the room. 
You peeked your head out to see if Eunwoo was out, but there were no signs of him yet.
Feeling the need to go stretch, you walked out of the hospital. With the sun out, it made you feel a little better. You closed your eyes and absorbed the warm heat of the sun.

“Don’t worry, Dad. You have my words. I just wanted to double check something.”

You listened.
I’ve heard that voice before.
You opened one eye, looking over your right shoulder.
Your other eye opened, in shock.
You quickly ran behind one of the ambulances that was parked in the front, peeking from side as you saw Hajoon walk into the hospital.
Why is he here? Is he sick? Is he in danger?
You retreated, leaning against the red and white van.
I’m going to go check it out.
You thought.
You took two deep breaths and proceeded into the hospital.
Once you entered the hospital, you sneakily hid behind a tall green plant that was set there as a decoration. You looked in between the leaves that gave you a perfect view of the front desk. You squinted your eyes, hoping you'd get a better view of Hajoon.
Why is he here?
You kept your eyes on him, as you decided to move closer.
You knew this was your chance to get more information on him.

Hajoon slightly bowed his head, as a thank you, to the nurse in the front, then he proceeded to follow a doctor through the heavy white doors.

Once you saw them entered, you quickly walked over to the front desk, only to be stopped by Eunwoo, grabbing your arm.
“Eunwoo!” Your eyes widened and startled by his random appearance.
“Where are you going?” Eunwoo asked.
“I…I was going to go use the restroom,” you lied.
“Oh, I’ll be outside then,” he smiled.
“Eunwoo-ah, what did the doctor say?” You asked him, looking at the newly bandaged area.
“He said I’ll be fine. He prescribed me some medication and ointment,” Eunwoo informed.
You nodded along.
“I feel better now,” you smiled, “I’m just going to go use the bathroom really quick; I’ll be back,” you told him.
“Take your time,” Eunwoo smiled, before walking to the main entrance.
You watched Eunwoo exit the hospital, walking backward closer to the front desk.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You bowed and smiled at the same nurse who spoke to Hajoon earlier.
“Hi, how can I help you?” she asked, looking up from her computer.
“Hi, earlier, there was a man who came to check-in,” you began and she listened, "the man that wore a black suit."
“Do you know his reason for checking-up?” You asked her, hoping she would tell you something.
“I’m sorry, but I can’t release that information to you,” she apologized.
Dang it!
You frustratedly thought.
“Would it be okay if I take a name?” She asked, looking at you ready to write down your name onto a piece of paper.
“Park -------,” you answered without asking her why.
“Are you his wife?” She asked.
“H-huh?”
The question caught you by surprise; your eyes widened; mouth opened agaped.
Your eyes quickly glanced by the door only to see Hajoon walking out with the doctor.

“Thank you,” Hajoon thanked the doctor, as you heard.
You quickly ducked down and crawled around the corner of the tall counter and to the nearest wall to hide, forgetting the nurse’s question.
You stood up and saw Hajoon walked over to the nurse, exchanging a conversation with her.
You quickly hid behind the wall and took a deep breath, closing your eyes.
Your eyes shot opened when you remembered you gave your name to the nurse.
I hope she doesn’t give my name to him. Aish, why am I digging the hole deeper?
You mentally scolded yourself.
“-------ah!”
You searched for the person calling your name.
It was Eunwoo, walking over to you. You quickly pulled him to hide with you, covering his mouth with your hand, as you leaned against his body.
Eunwoo was quite nervous.
You gave him the “shh” finger with your other hand. Eunwoo took the sign and stayed quiet until you backed away.
You sighed in relief after seeing Hajoon leave.
Eunwoo looked around the corner to see what you were so afraid of.
“What’s wrong?” He asked, looking concerned and curious.
You looked back at Eunwoo, as the fear faded.
“N-Nothing,” you smiled, walking away as if nothing happened.
Eunwoo tilted his head to the side, scratching his head, wondering what just happened.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You and Eunwoo sat next to each other in the bus. You took the window seat; Eunwoo knew how much you enjoyed the view of Seoul.
Why was he there? Did Haein say anything else to him? What did the nurse say to him?
You thought, looking outside.
Eunwoo looked at your reflection from the window. He knew something was off.
Eunwoo placed his hand on top of yours, catching your attention. You looked at Eunwoo, worried.
“Are you okay? Are you feeling pain?” You asked him, inspecting his bandage with your eyes.
“I’m fine. Are you?”
You nodded your head.
“Why?”
“I don’t know. You’re just not you today.”
“What do you mean? I almost killed you today,” you frowned.
“Eunwoo-ah, I’m sorry,” you apologized.
“Yah, I’m okay! It’s just a small scratch,” he chuckled.
“Don’t go to that yard again, okay?” He asked.
You knew you couldn’t promise him that verbally.
“Okay?” Eunwoo asked again, softening his look.
You smiled and nodded; you knew you were going to break that promise.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Thank you, Sunghoon.”
“Anytime, Hajoon! It’s good that you’re back here,” Sunghoon smiled, patting Hajoon’s shoulder.
“For a short time,” Hajoon responded, looking at Sunghoon.
“I’m sure you’ll find it comfortable here soon,” Sunghoon predicted.
“Dr. Sunghoon, you have a patient waiting in your office,” one of the nurses informed. Sunghoon nodded his head and looked back at Hajoon.
“I’ll send you the copies tomorrow morning,” Sunghoon informed.
“Thank you, again! I appreciate it,” Hajoon replied.
“Anytime. If you could leave your email with the nurse, it’d be great. Let’s catch up soon,” Sunghoon suggested as he ended the conversation.

Hajoon walked over to the front desk.
“Hello, Mr. Hajoon-shi!” She bowed her head.
“I’ll leave my contact with you for Dr. Sunghoon,” Hajoon said.
“Yes, I was informed about that,” she smiled.
Just as Hajoon was about to leave after giving her his contact information, the nurse stopped him.
“Excuse me, Mr. Hajoon-shi.”
Hajoon turned back to face the nurse.
“Yes?”
“I assume your wife came a while ago, asking about your appointment today. Before she can get access to your information, I would need an authorization from you. Do you authorize her to gain access to your records?” The nurse asked, waiting for an answer from Hajoon.
“My wife?” Hajoon asked, confused with what the nurse meant.
The nurse looked over her notes that she wrote down.
“Park ------,” she said, looking back at Hajoon.
“Park ------,” Hajoon whispered, wondering why you were there.
Hajoon looked back at the nurse.
“I don’t authorize her,” he told the nurse.

Hajoon stepped out of the hospital, pulling out his phone.
“Find out why ------ was at the hospital today,” Hajoon ordered before ending the call.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked Eunwoo back to his house.
“Sorry for today Eunwoo,” you apologized again, as you two stopped in front of his front yard.
Eunwoo turned around to look at you.
“I’m fine. Thanks for bringing me to the hospital,” Eunwoo smiled.
“I’ll come back tonight,” you told him in advance.
“No, you don’t need to. Stay home and don’t go back to the junkyard."
“Yes, don’t worry!” You chuckled.
“Go inside and rest,” You smiled, pushing him inside.
You watched Eunwoo walk inside his house, before leaving the area.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sighed heavily, throwing your bag on the couch. You dropped on the floor and sprawled on the wooden floor, as you covered your face with a pillow.
You removed the pillow and sat up.
“Totally wasted today,” you upsettingly said.
You stood up and walked to your bedroom, looking at your investigation board.
You grabbed the sticky note pad and the red sharpie marker.

Nothing suspicious at the junkyard

The first note read, then you added another note.

1:40PM:Hajoon at the hospital
Why?


You peeled the two sticky notes off from the pad and stuck it onto your board. You took a step back and looked at the overview of your board.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You called Eunwoo.
“Eunwoo-ah, did you need anything at the supermarket? I’ll be running to the store,” you called him as you grabbed your bag.
“No, I don’t need anything. Go quickly and come back,” Eunwoo said.
“Yes, Dad!” you joked.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You hopped off the bus, carrying a bag of grocery in your right hand. You walked down the road that led to your neighborhood. Ahead of you was a car whose lights were blinking red.
You wondered what helped you could offer.
As you approached the vehicle, you looked for the driver.
Maybe, they left their car here.
You thought.
You turned around, looking for the owner of the car. There were no signs of a person near the car. You turned back only to be greeted by no other person than your boss.
You startled, holding onto your chest.
“Mr.-Mr. Hajoon-shi,” you stuttered, “what are you doing here?”
Is he here to fire me?
You wondered. 
“You live around here?” He asked, pretending to not know a thing about you.
You nodded to his question.
You looked at his car, wondering what happened.
“What happened?” You asked him, looking back at him.
I need to act normal, or he'll suspect.
You thought, thinking back to the event that happened at the hospital.
“The battery died,” he replied.
You gave him a “ohhh” face.
I should help him. This can be my chance to fish out more information on him, and maybe he'll reconsider firing me.
You had some hope that he won't dismiss you if you helped him this time.
“My house is down the street. You can stay there while you wait for your men,” you offered.
In fact, you wanted to leave to spot as quick as possible. Your desperation for information on him was bigger than your nervousness. Your mission had to get somewhere.
Hajoon looked at his car before nodding to go along with you.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You awkwardly led the way, while Hajoon followed behind, examining every inch of your neighborhood. Your heartbeat could be heard from your ear. You had hoped he had not seen who shaky your hands were. You looked over your shoulder to see if he was fine.
Hajoon noticed and looked back at you, making you look away.
“Do you live alone?” He asked, looking attentively.
You looked back at him.
“Yes, I do,” you replied.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As you guys reached your place, you unlocked your door, offering him to go first.
Hajoon looked around before entering your small, yet cozy home.
“Mr. Hajoon-shi, you don’t have to take off your shoes,” you told him, as you noticed him removing his shoes.
Hajoon looked back at you.
“It’s okay,” he replied, taking off his shoes inside by the door. Once Hajoon took the first step into the living room, you entered and closed the door, taking off your shoes.
“Please take a seat,” you insisted, trailing behind him.
You looked past him, only to notice that your bedroom door was wide open.
You quickly ran past him, slightly startling him as he trailed your movements.
You grabbed the doorknob and slammed the door shut.
Aish, so close!
No amount of measurement could describe the panic and stress you were in.
You twirled around, facing him.
Hajoon stood there, looking at you confused.
You nervously chuckled.
“I’m sorry about that,” you tried laughing it off.
“Please, take a seat and make yourself at home,” you insisted, showing him to take a seat on the couch.
Hajoon walked over to your couch and sat down, looking around.
You walked into the kitchen, as you prepared a beverage for him.
“Would you be okay if I looked around?” Hajoon asked.
You turned off the water.
Why is he asking me that? Is he not going to fire me?
You thought.
You looked over your shoulder and smiled.
“Please feel free.”
You turned back to face the sink, turning the faucet back on.

Hajoon stood up from his seat and began inspecting. He looked at the pictures you had up.
Nothing suspicious.
Hajoon thought.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You brought the teapot and a set of tea cups, setting them on your small brown coffee table that was centered in the living room. You poured a cup of tea and set it on the table for Hajoon.
“Mr. Hajoon-shi, please help yourself,” you told him, making him look at you. You gave him a smile, hoping that it could help you keep your job.
Just as you turned around to go back into the kitchen, Hajoon stopped you from doing so, bringing you into full panic mode from head to toe.

“----------shi, why were you at the hospital?”

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(03.29) Shoutout to a new subscriber @mznary
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆