⬻Chapter XIII: Interview⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
“----------shi, why were you at the hospital?”

Your eyes widened.
Aish, what do I say?
You bit your finger, thinking of a way to lie around his question. 
Hajoon took a step closer to the kitchen, just then you turned around to face him, ready to make up a lie.
“I…I wasn’t at the hospital,” you laughed it off, scratching the back of your head.
Cold sweats began forming on your back, and your legs trembled. Thankfully, the counter hid that from him. 
“The company covers your hospital bills,” he responded, waiting to see how you would react.
“Huh?”
You looked up at him, confused with his response.
“Where are you hurt?” he asked, inserting his right hand inside his pocket.
What do I say?
You were like a deer in a headlights.

“-------?”
You and Hajoon both looked at the entrance.
Eunwoo looked at Hajoon, scanning him up and down before looking back at you, who was standing in the kitchen.
You snapped out of your thoughts and realized that Eunwoo was over. You knew he would be as confused as you thought he would. Like what is a man and woman doing under the same roof?
Eunwoo walked into the kitchen area and stood next to you. He gave Hajoon a fierce look, hoping that it would threaten Hajoon.
“Who are you?” Eunwoo asked.
On the other hand, Hajoon felt no threat from Eunwoo.
You quickly looked at Eunwoo and tugged his sleeve, getting his attention.
“Eunwoo, he’s my boss, Mr. Wi Ha Joon,” you finally said, hoping that it would clear the air a bit.
“What is he doing here?” Eunwoo asked, looking back at Hajoon.
“My car broke down. I’m waiting for my men,” Hajoon responded.
“That’s right, Eunwoo."
Just as you were about to say another word, Hajoon’s phone rang.

“Hello.”
“I’ll be out in a bit,” Hajoon said, before ending the call. Hajoon looked back at you and Eunwoo.
“I’ll see you tomorrow then, -------shi,” Hajoon said.
“Ah, Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi, let me walk you out,” you said.
Before you could walk any further, Eunwoo grabbed your arm. You turned to look at him.
“He’s capable of walking out himself,” Eunwoo said, giving you an annoyed look.
“Yah!” You half yelled and whispered to Eunwoo.
Hajoon looked at you two suspiciously.
You looked back at Ha Joon and chuckled awkwardly.
“It’ll be quick,” you told Eunwoo.
Eunwoo gave Hajoon another stern look, before letting your arm go.
You walked around the counter and entered the small hallway before opening the door for Hajoon.
Hajoon looked at Eunwoo one last time before taking his leave.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon exited your home, turning around to get another look at you.You quickly bowed your head.
“I’m sorry about what happened in there,” you apologized, lifting your head up, making eye contact with him. For a second there, you froze, into his gaze.
“Bring your hospital bill in tomorrow and give it to Mrs. Kim. She’ll take care of it,” Hajoon said, before taking a step down the 2-steps stair that was in front of your home.
You snapped out of your thoughts.
Sshi-bal!

“Mr. Hajoon-shi,” you called out.
You clumsily slipped on the edge of the first step. Your eyes widened as you knew there was no way you could stop yourself from falling on top of him.
Meanwhile, Hajoon turned midway around to face you again as he heard you call his name.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Your eyes were shut tightly for a second.
You slowly opened your eyes. Both of your hands planted on his chest; your breathing paused; your eyes locked with his. His right arm wrapped around your waist, locking eyes with you too.

“Are you okay?”

You were in another world, where it was just this moment and him. Every person, thing, sound was completely blocked off.

Hajoon looked at you for a bit, almost in a concerned way, but confused as well.
“Are you okay, ------shi?” He asked again, but still no response. Honestly, Hajoon felt a little uncomfortable with the situation.
“Huh?” that phrase managed to escape from your mouth. You realized that you were still on top of him.
“Omo, Hajoon-shi, I’m so sorry,” you quickly apologized, as you rolled off him.
You quickly got up and offered your hand to help him up, as he sat up, one knee propped up with his arm resting on it. He looked up at you, hesitating to take your offer.
Your head bowed low, and your arm extended out, hand open.
Hajoon thought a bit, before taking your hand. You pulled him up and looked at his expensive black suit.
“Omo, I’m so sorry,” you continuously bowed your head.
“I’m really sorry. I can pat down the dirt from your back,” you offered. Just as you were ready to pat the dirt off, he held on your wrist, stopping you.
Your owl eyes looked at him.

“Boss.”
You looked over Hajoon's shoulder, while Hajoon looked over his shoulder to see one of his men.The black car parked in front of your house with its headlights on. The man bowed.
Hajoon quickly let your wrist go, as he looked at your wrist, before letting it go. 
You backed a step away and bowed once more. 
Hajoon gave you one last look before walking away with his men trailing behind him. You stood on the same spot, watching him leave.

“------.”
You broke away from the car and turned around to see Eunwoo standing by the door. Eunwoo looked at the car with its red brake lights before making a left turn at the end of the street. You walked towards Eunwoo.
“If he ever stops here again, make sure you call me,” Eunwoo told you, feeling uneasy.
You were a little confused.
“Eunwoo, don’t worry. He’s just my boss,” assuring him with a smile.
“No, you need to be more careful. I don’t trust him,” Eunwoo said with a serious look.
“Yes, Dad!” you chuckled.

“Oh, why did you come over?” you asked Eunwoo.
“I just…wanted to make sure you got home,” he said. Deep inside, he felt a little nervous saying that to you.
“Oh, thank you!” You smiled.
“Did you have dinner already?” you asked.
“I----”
You interrupted him by linking arms with him.
“You’re staying for dinner,” you told him, “please take it as a form of apology from earlier.”
Eunwoo smiled before nodding in agreement.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stood in front of the company, looking at its many windows.
You had the urge to bury yourself. You didn’t want to see your boss, especially after what happened last night.

 

Should I call off?

You thought, as you started pacing back and forth.
You turned away from the building and pulled out your flip phone. You looked for the contact and highlighted it by pressing the down button.

“Hello, this is Hyunwoo. How can I assist you?”
Just as you were going to call off, you saw Haein waving at you from across the parking lot.
You ended the call and waved back to her.
“Wow, you’re here early!” Haein joked, approaching you.
“Yea,” you said, as you two walked up the stairs.
“Yah, are you okay?” Haein asked, looking over to you. You looked at her.
“I’m fine,” you lied. Truth was you didn’t want to go in today.
“Did Hajoon ever called you?” Haein asked.
“Why?”
“Remember what I told you yesterday?”
“Ahh, that! No, he didn’t,” you replied.
“Hm, I thought he would,” Haein wondered.
“Haein,” you called her.
“Yea?”
“Actually, last night…”
Aish, should I tell her?
“What happened last night?” Haein stopped and looked at you.
You turned back to look at her as you noticed she was not walking beside you.
She gave you a “are you going to tell me?” look.
“LastnightMr.Hajoon’scarbrokedownandhestayedforawhileatmyplace,” you said without taking a breath.
“What?” Haein questioned, barely even making out with you said, scratching the back of her head.
“Yah! Say it slower,” she playfully slapped your arm.
“What happened last night?” she asked once more.
You closed your eyes, took a deep breath, and opened your eyes.
“I said last night Mr. Haj---,” you looked pass Haein to only see a black car parked in front of the building and the boss walking out of the car, buttoning his top button.
“OMO!” You exclaimed, leaving Haein in shocked.
“Y-yah! Are you crazy?” Haein asked in confusion, as she saw you bolt up the remain flight of stairs.
“Aish, what’s wrong with her?” Haein muttered under her breath. She looked over her shoulder, only to see Hajoon walking up the stairs.
Haein quickly bowed as Hajoon walked pass her and to the main entrance.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You ran straight into the bathroom stall and waited.
“--------.”
You heard someone whispered your name.
“Haein?” You questioned them back.
“Yah, what are you doing here? Ms. Kim is looking for you,” Haein said.
“H-huh? Why?” You popped your head out.
“Yah, what’s wrong?”
“It’s nothing. Did you guys greet Mr. Hajoon already?” you asked her.
Haein gave you a nod.
“And, he went to his office?”
“Yea, why?”
You released a sigh of relief and walked out of the stall.
Haein scratched her head, looking at you. 
"What's wrong with her?" Haein whispered. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“---------shi,”
You and Haein turned around. It was Ms. Kim.
“Ms. Kim, good morning,” both you and Haein bowed.
“I need to see you in my office,” Ms. Kim said.
You looked at Haein and Haein shrugged not knowing why too.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sat in front of Ms. Kim, as she pulled up a file on her desktop.
“Mr. Wi Ha Joon filed a report that you were at the hospital,” Ms. Kim stated.
You were in shocked.
“W-what?!” You exclaimed.
You thought you misheard what Ms. Kim was saying.
“W-who?”
Ms. Kim looked at you.
“Mr. Wi Ha Joon, the chairman,” Ms. Kim said once more.
“W-why?”
“Bring in the hospital bill, and the company will take care of it,” Ms. Kim said.
“Do you have the receipt with you?” She asked.
You were in fact confused with everything.
Aish, Hajoon was serious about that.
“Ms. Kim, there has been a mistake. I'm fine, and I wasn't at the hospital at all,” you smiled.
“Mr. Wi Ha Joon’s order,” Ms. Kim said.
This was the nicest Ms. Kim have ever spoken to you.
“I really wasn't at the hospital." 
The more you denied your visit at the hospital, the more Ms. Kim pushed you to bring in a receipt. 
“The company can cover the cost, and you’ll get a refund,” she told you.
“Bring in the receipt sometimes this week and I’ll process it,” Ms. Kim said, before dismissing you.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Your back faced Ms. Kim’s office as you stood there in complete shock.
What am I going to do? 
You thought. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Thankfully, you went through the day without seeing him. 
You stretched your arms before swinging your bag over your shoulder. 
"When's the interview?" Haein asked as you exited the building. 
"Tomorrow," you replied. 
"You got this! Are you coming in tomorrow then?" She asked. 
"Probably not." 
"------, what did Ms. Kim talk to you about?" She asked, making you stop.
"Haein, I kind of got myself into a small...problem," you told her. 
"What do you mean?" 
"Last night, Mr. Hajoon. He stopped by...at my house," 
Before you could finish it, Haein's eyes widened and opened before excitedly squealing. 
"YAH! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" She slapped you on the arm. 
"Nothing happened. His car broke down, so I told him he could stay at my place, since it was in the neighborhood," you explained. 
"Okay, and what happened next?" 
"Nothing happened. There was a miscommunication, and he thought I was hospitalized," you explained looking away in exhausation. 
"Hospitalized? Are you okay?" Haein asked, examining you back and front. 
"Aish, you're just like him now. I'm fine," you said. 
"Were you really at the hospital then?" She asked. 
You looked at her, as you didn't know how to describe the situation. 
"Actually," you began as you scratch the back of your head, "Eunwoo was." 
"EUNWOO? What happened? Which hospital is he at?" Haein asked with worried on her face. You grabbed Haein's arm before she could walk away.
"He's fine. We just kind of ran into a...slight problem. Eunwoo's back at home," you said, remembering what happened. 
"I should visit him then," Haein said with a sense of worriedness. 
You gave her a nod in agreement. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Yah! ------, why didn't you look first?! You could have killed Eunwoo, aish, " Haein yelled at you.
You, Eunwoo, and Haein sat in a circle on Eunwoo's front porch. Haein examined Eunwoo's wound. 
"Haein, don't scold ------. It was my fault for not being careful," Eunwoo said. 
You looked at Eunwoo and gave him a grateful look. Eunwoo winked at you, siding with you.
Haein gave you a "mean mother" look. 
"Don't forget he's the flower boy in this neighborhood. If anything happens to him, you're in big trouble," Haein said. 
"I'm sorry, Mom!" you joked. 
Haein raised her hand, faking a slap to your head.
Haein looked at you. 
"Wait, what were you doing at that junkyard?" 
You looked at Haein.  Truth was you didn't want anyone to know what you were doing there that day, or just yet. You wanted to get as much information as you could before telling anyone about your findings. 
"Nothing. I was just walking to the bus stop and I thought a heard a stray dog from the junkyard," you lied, looking at both Eunwoo and Haein. 
"Aren't you allergic to dogs?" Haein asked. 
"Yea, but like I told Eunwoo, I couldn't just leave it there," you replied. 
Haein looked at you, making sure there was no lie in it, before accepting it. She looked back at Eunwoo. 
"I hope you heal soon," Haein smiled, "-------" she said, looking at you, "will treat us when you heal," Haein smiled. Eunwoo chuckled, while you sat there in confusion. 
"Treat you guys?" You asked back. 
"Yea! I almost had a heart attack and Eunwoo almost died," Haein stated. 
You thought for a while. 
"Fine! Eunwoo heal faster, so we can hangout soon," you smiled to him. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Right here is fine," you told the cab driver. You paid your fare and walked out, holding onto the printed flyer you printed back at the library. You walked down the street upon to a beautiful, three-story home, modern-looking with a gated fence around the premise.
You looked at the home from across the street.
So, this is it.
You thought.
You took a deep breath to release the stress and nervousness out of your system. 
You fixed your black dress pants and blazer, then you fixed your posture and crossed the street to reach the home. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
After a long and tensed interview with the head security and housekeeper,  you walked out of the home, not knowing if you would be chosen for the position. As the front gate opened, you were greeted by a person no other than, 

 


"Oh, Lee Soo Hyuk." 

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(06.08) Shoutout to a lovely commenter@DolphinWorld
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆