⬻Chapter XXIII: Warning⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
"Hajoon." 
You whispered his name. 

You quickly walked towards Hajoon. 
You bowed, then you signaled with your eyes, praying that he'd understand your desperation for help.
Hajoon was confused with the way you looked at him. He gave Soohyuk a quick glance, and then he looked back at you.
"You called me?" You whispered to Hajoon. 
Before Hajoon could even answer your question, you stopped him from replying.
"Yes, Mr. Hajoon-shi, I can show you the way," you said loudly, hoping that Soohyuk would hear it too. 
Hajoon stood there, puzzled with your odd behavior. 
You walked around Hajoon, leading him to wherever your foot took you.
"-------!" Soohyuk called again, the moment he saw you walk away with Hajoon. 

You twirled around and faced Hajoon, begging him again with your eyes, hiding from Soohyuk by standing directly in front of Hajoon.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, can you help me this one time? Please?" You begged, whispering to him.
So...they're not together. 
Hajoon confirmed. 
He thought for a while. 
Hajoon turned around and faced Soohyuk. 
"Soohyuk, she's busy. Excuse us," Hajoon said. 
Soohyuk stood there, speechless.


"Wait," Soohyuk said, making you two turned back to look at him.
"-------, can we talk later?" He asked, looking at you.
"Ah....yes," you gave him a soft smile, hoping that would assure him. 
Soohyuk smiled back and then headed back to the elevators. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sighed in relief as you saw Soohyuk get on the elevator. 
"What was that?" He asked. 
You looked at Hajoon. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, I'm so sorry! I really had no choice," you frowned. 
This would be Hajoon's turn to figure out your relationship with Soohyuk.
"I thought you two were good friends?" Hajoon questioned. 
"We...were," you replied, thinking about his mother's words.
"What happened?" 
You had remembered what Mrs. Lee was talking about that night. 
Wait, should I tell Hajoon? 

"....nothing happened."
"Actually, Mr. Hajoon-shi, did you need something from me? I know I was playing earlier, but you must have called me because you needed something, right?" You asked him, averting the attention from you. 
"I need 20 copies of these files. Don't staple them, just clip them," Hajoon said, handing you the folder. 
"Got it!" you smiled. 
Hajoon walked away first. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi," you called him. 
Hajoon turned around once more. 
"Thank you, again," you smiled. 
He just looked at you, and then he turned around and continued walking away from you.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stood in the printing room, making those copies Hajoon requested. 
Maybe I should tell Hajoon about Mrs. Lee. Maybe I shouldn't. Would he care? Does he care?
You thought as you looked at the papers shoot out from the printing machine. 
Maybe it's nothing. 
You collected the papers and clipped them as Hajoon requested. You peeked your head out and looked before leaving the room. 
Is Soohyuk still here? 
You questioned. 
You took a deep breath and headed out, holding the warm papers in your hand.
You quickly walked into the elevator, repeatedly pressing the twelfth floor. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The moment you walked out of the elevator, you sped-walk into his office without knocking.  
"Mr. Hajoon-shi?" You called him. 
You looked around his office and saw that the room was empty.
Maybe I can find something from his office.
You felt excited. You were only getting closer to what you were looking for. 
With the files still in your hand, you began looking around. 
His office was very minimal and gray-toned, as you remembered. You walked towards his desk and saw a frame. 
Should I look at the picture? 
You thought. 
I mean...I'm already here, so...
You walked behind his desk and leaned towards the picture. 
She's pretty. 
You thought. 
Who are you?
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The door opened, startling you. 
You straightened yourself and looked at the door. 
"What are you doing?" 
Hajoon asked, standing by the door. 
"M-me?" You questioned. Your legs shook from behind the desk.
Hajoon closed the door and took a step closer.
"Why are you behind my desk?" he asked again.
Come up with something, --------! 
You told yourself. 
"I...I...um..." 
Think!!
"I was wondering where you wanted me to put these files," you lied, raising the papers you had in your hand.
"Just set it there," he said, walking towards his desk. 
You placed the files on his desk as he walked behind his desk, where you stood. 
"Clipped?" he asked. 
"Y-yes, as you requested," you answered him. 
"You can leave," he said. 
You bowed and proceeded to leave. 
Hajoon looked at the files you placed on his desk, and then he looked at the picture you looked at.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Just as you opened the door, you saw the elevator doors from across open, revealing Soohyuk getting off. 
You were going to do it again. You truly felt bad for putting him those situations, but you had to save yourself first.

You slammed shut the door, startling Hajoon. 
"What are you doing?" He asked. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, I can't go out," you told him. 
"What do you mean?" 
"Can I just hide behind your desk for a second?" you asked him, as you clasped your hands together. 
"No, get out," he said, reading over the files.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi! Please!" you begged harder.
Hajoon still didn't say anything. 
Just as you heard the door handle clicked, you quickly got down and crawled into the space under his desk. 
Hajoon's eyes widened from your strange behavior, a behavior he's never seen before. 
"Y-you!" Hajoon stuttered, as he half raised his voice; the first he's ever done. 
You clasped your hand together again, giving him the puppy eyes this time.

"Hajoon." 
It was indeed Soohyuk's voice. 
Hajoon looked up at Soohyuk, who was standing by the door.
"What did you need?" Hajoon asked, looking at the papers, trying to act normal.
"I see that -------'s done her job for you already," Soohyuk said, as he observed Hajoon holding the files you made.
Hajoon looked up from the papers, giving Soohyuk his attention.
"Have you seen her?" Soohyuk asked. 
Hajoon glanced down at you, and then he looked up at Soohyuk again, setting the papers down. 
"If you're looking for her, this should be the last place you come to," Hajoon said. 
Just as Soohyuk was about to leave, Soohyuk turned back once more, looking at Hajoon. 
"I hope we can work together in the future," Soohyuk said before pushing the handle down to leave the room.
What does he mean? 
You thought. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"You can get out now," Hajoon said.
You gave him a grateful smile. 
You crawled out and stood in front of him, bowing. 
"Thank you again, Mr. Hajoon-shi. You're always saving me," you smiled. 
Hajoon thought, and it was quite accurate. 
He began wondering why he did what he did. 
"Are you going to leave?" he asked. 
"O-oh, yes! I will leave now," you replied, bowing once more for your appreciation. 
Just as you were about to push down the door handle, you turned back and looked at Hajoon, who was already staring back at you. 

"Mr. Hajoon-shi, would you be...available later tonight?" you asked him. 
"Why?" he asked. 
I'm going to tell him. I have to.
"...there's something I thought you should know, but it's okay if you're busy, I understand," you smiled. 
"If you choose to come, I'll be at the river at 10ish or 11PM," you told him as you were a little uncertain about the time. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Thankfully, Ms. Yoo allowed you to leave a little earlier than usual, and for whatever reasons, Soohyuk didn't show up at the residence, which you were extra thankful for. 
You quickly worked your shift and got on a bus to get to the river.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Two sweet potatoes, two bungeoppang, and can I get some gimbap too?" you asked the vendor. 
"Of course, just a second," the lady replied. 
She handed your bag of goodies. 
"Enjoy!" 
"Thank you," you said, smiling back. 
You looked at the time and realized you were a minute late to meet Hajoon, hopefully, if he comes. 
You made a hard stop when you ran past a cafe. 
I should probably get an iced americano for him. 
You thought. 
You made a quick stop at the cafe, grabbing him a coffee.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You quickly ran with one hand holding the snacks, and the other hand holding his iced coffee. You saw Hajoon looking at the river.
Aish, I invited him, and I'm late!
You scolded yourself. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi!" You callled his name.
Hajoon looked over his shoulder and saw you sprint towards him. 

You stopped in front of him, panting.
"Just a second, Mr. Hajoon-shi," you said, catching your breath. 
Hajoon observed you.
What a character you are. 
He thought. 
You carried the bag and drink up, showing him.
"I hope you didn't wait too long," you said, still half way catching your breath. 
"No," he replied.
His response caught you by surprised. Normally, he would just look at you. 
"Here. I bought this drink for you," you smiled, handing him the drink. 
"I don't want it," he replied, looking at the river. 
"But...I bought it for you," you said sadly.
"I don't want it," he said again. 
You rolled your eyes and did something, even you were surprised by. 
You grabbed his hand, catching his attention. 
You placed the drink in his grasp. 
"It's for you," you told him again. 
Hajoon stood there, stunned by your action, holding onto the drink. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Hajoon sat on one of the steps. 
"One for you and one for me, and we'll share the gimbap," you smiled. 
Hajoon looked at the bungeoppang, examining the pastry.
You took a bite of yours and looked at him. 
"You've never had a bungeoppang before?" you asked him. 
"What is it again?" he asked. 
"Bun-geo-ppang." 
"What is it?" 
"It's a pastry with red bean paste filling. It's really good!" you told him, taking another bite. 
"Like this," you instructed, showing him as you took another bite. 
He slowly brought it up to his mouth, hesitating on taking a bite of the fish-shaped pastry.
You looked at Hajoon carefully, waiting for his feedback. 
"Is it okay?" you asked him. 
Hajoon looked at you and nodded his head. 
"It's okay," he replied, taking another bite. 
You smiled. 
"You should eat some gimbap too! The stand I bought it at makes them super good!" You told him. 
Hajoon just nodded his head, looking at the gimbap. 
"You've never had these before?" you asked him. 
Hajoon looked at you. 
"...no," he said. 
"They're delicious, I promise," you assured him. 
You realized that he wasn't wearing his suit. He had changed into something a little more casual. To be honest, you liked it. He seemed more approachable than the suit.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You and Hajoon began your walk along the river. 
"What did you want to tell me?" Hajoon asked, looking at you. You made eye contact with him. It only took his eyes to distract you, as you had almost forgotten why you wanted to meet up with him in the first place. 
"About that," you felt nervous telling him. 
Aish, how should I start it?
You pondered. 
"I am not trying to break your family apart, okay?" You began.
Hajoon listened.
"It's going to sound bad," you warned him. 

You began fidgeting with your fingers, anxious, scared, and all sorts of mixed emotions.
"...I don't think you're safe," you spilled. 
Hajoon stopped and turned to face you, wearing his confused look. 
"What are you trying say?" Hajoon asked. 
You stopped fidgeting and looked at him.
"I think Mrs. Lee, Soohyuk's mom, is planning something," you started,"something harmful...and hateful towards you and your dad."
"The thing is that I'm only assuming though," you frowned, as you were going off based on assumption. 
"Why do you think it's about me?" He asked. 
"I heard her on the phone with someone the other day, and everything just correlates back to you and your dad," you told him. 
"You heard her?" He raised his brows. 
"Ah yes. About that, Mr. Hajoon-shi. I took another job at the Lee's residence," you told him, feeling a little guilty, almost as in you betrayed him in something. 
"You're working at their place?" Hajoon asked, pretending to not know a thing about your job there. 
"I thought you were going to fire me, so I had to be prepared."
You knew you were side-tracked. 
"That's not the point though. The point is I want to warn you and your dad to be careful. Do not trust anyone. You never know who's going to do what to you," you told him.
"How can I trust you, then?" 
"Trust?" You questioned, tilting your head slightly to the right. 
You thought for a second. 
"You can trust me. Hey, why would I tell you this then? I swear to you on my life," you promised, crossing your heart. 
"That's a big part you're swearing to," he replied. 
"So, you trust me now?" 
"I'll think of it," he responded. 
You gave him a "what" look as he walked away. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Thanks for coming out tonight," you began, "I really appreciate it! I hope you take my...warnings seriously. I know they're only assumptions, but still." 
Hajoon just gave you one of iconic stern looks. 
"Get home safely, and good night, Mr. Hajoon-shi," you ended, bowing to him before you walked away. 
Hajoon looked at you, thinking to himself, it would be a perfect opportunity. 
"Park -----shi," he called. 
You stopped and smiled. 
Maybe he does believe me!
You thought. 
You turned around to face him. 
"Yes?" 
Hajoon had one of his hands inserted in his pocket. 
Even though he was in casual clothes, he still looked so ... handsome.
His presence was almost too distracting for you to even continue listening to him.

 


"Do you want to work together?" 

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(09.06) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @DolphinWorld & my @silent readers!

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆