⬻Chapter V: Meet⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

Ha Joon looked at you for a bit, before turning back to the elevators. Ms. Kim bowed down as Ha Joon walked past her. Then, she looked over to you, glaring at you.
Once Ha Joon entered the elevator, everyone stood tall. Ms. Kim made a loud announcement.
“-------, come over here!”
Her voice was so chilling; it startled you. Haein looked at you, worriedly. You gave Haein a terrified look and walked away with your head down.


•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

“Who’s the head leader downstairs?” Ha Joon asked one of the team leaders, facing the doors, with one of his hands tucked in his pockets.

“Ms. Kim Young-il, Mr. Chairman.” The lady answered, feeling a little shy.

Ha Joon thought for a bit.
“I need to speak to her. Let’s go back down.” Ha Joon ordered.
“Yes, Mr. Chairman.” The lady pressed the button back to the ground floor.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You stood across from Ms. Kim with your head down and hands together.
“What you did was unacceptable. I thought I made it clear this morning, didn’t I, Ms.-------shi?” Ms. Kim began.
“I’m sorry, Ms. Kim.”
“No. There is no excuse for that.” Ms. Kim sighed.
“I’m really sorry Ms. Kim. I take full responsibility for my actions.” You replied, as you lifted your head up.
“As I have announced at the meeting this morning, I take this issue very serious. I’ve given you so many chances. It’s a shame that I’m going to termin---”

“Ms. Kim.” The lady from earlier interrupted. You and Ms. Kim looked at the lady.
The lady came and whispered something to Ms. Kim.
Ms. Kim looked back at you.
“I’ll be back to discuss about this issue.” Ms. Kim said, before fixing her uniform and walking away with the lady.

You lost hope. You were getting fired from a job you felt you have settled down on. Your eyes became teary. You took a deep breath, before walking over to where Ms. Kim went.
You saw Ms. Kim and the lady’s back. Just as you were about to approach them, you saw the new chairman walking towards them, making you quickly turn around and hide behind one of the walls.
You turned back and peeked your head out. You saw him.

His dark hair and brown eyes looked so damn good. His outfit was pristine. He didn’t have much of an expression. You saw that he had at least five bodyguards behind him. You examined him from afar.
Just as you were lost by his presence, Ha Joon looked over to you.
You quickly hid behind the wall again, holding onto your chest.
Aish! I’m so nosy.
You scolded yourself.
 You gave it a few seconds, before peeking out again.
You saw Ha Joon walk over to where you were hiding. You quickly hid and tried looking for a new place to hide.
You looked around and saw the ladies’ bathroom. Without any second thoughts, you quickly ran over to the bathroom and entered one of the stalls.
He definitely saw me.
You panicked inside the stall.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You waited for a few minutes, before walking out.
They should be done now.
You thought. You opened the door to be greeted by Ms. Kim. Her presence startled you, making you instantly bowed down.
“Go to the meeting room.” Ms. Kim said. Before you could ask her about your termination, she walked away. You were confused with the whole situation. You scanned the whole floor before taking the stairs. You wanted to avoid the new chairman. You felt embarrassed. You ran up the stairs to the fourth floor. You opened the door and panted heavily. It has been a while since you’ve used the stairs. You straightened yourself when you saw the senior members. They looked at you. You quickly bowed with your left hand on top of your right hand, parallel to the ground, as you tried to catch your breath. Once they entered the room, you lifted your head up to be greeted by Soo-Hyuk. You bowed your head again.
Soo-Hyuk smiled.
“-----, right?” He asked.
“Yes, Mr. Soo-Hyuk.” You replied.
“You can lift your head up.” He said. You slowly looked up to make eye contact with him. You straightened yourself and gave him a small smile.
“You don’t need to be formal with me. Soo-Hyuk is fine.” He said.
You gave him one nod.
“You should enter the meeting room, Soo-Hyuk-shi.” You told him.
Soo-Hyuk looked over his shoulder into the meeting room, then he turned back to look at you.
“Have you met the new chairman?” He asked.
You didn’t know how to answer his question.
“I’ve greeted him this morning.” You told Soo-Hyuk.
“Let me introduce you to him.” Soo-Hyuk insisted.
You looked at him in surprised, hoping to stop him.
“I’m sorry?” You asked.
“He’s your new boss. Let me introduce you to him.” Soo-Hyuk smiled.
“Oh, that’s okay. Maybe another time. Mr. Chairman looks booked today.” You told Soo-Hyuk. Soo-Hyuk looked over his shoulder to see the inside of meeting room, searching for Ha Joon.
“He could spare a second.”
You held your hand up, declining the offer.
“No, it’s okay! I’d hate to be a bother.” You told Soo-Hyuk.
Soo-hyuk chuckled.
“Ms. -------!”
You heard someone called your name. You quickly turned around and saw that it was Ms. Kim. Ms. Kim marched over to you, angrily.
“I thought I told yo----”
Ms. Kim realized that you were talking to Soo-Hyuk, which made her quickly bow to Soo-Hyuk.
“Mr. Lee Soo-Hyuk, excuse me.” Ms. Kim said. “Please proceed into the meeting room.” Ms. Kim said. Before Ms. Kim could pull you away, Soo-Hyuk stepped in.
“Actually, I would like ----- to me to the meeting room. I had just asked her that before you came.” You turned back to look at Soo-Hyuk, in surprised. Ms. Kim was caught by surprised.
“O-oh, is that so?” Ms. Kim asked, looking at you and then back at Soo-Hyuk.
“Can she?” Soo-Hyuk asked Ms. Kim.
“Ah, yes, Mr. Lee Soo Hyuk. I apologize.” Ms. Kim said. You slightly bowed to Ms. Kim, before looking over to Soo-Hyuk. He smiled at you, making you a little shy.
“-----, take Mr. Lee to his seat.” Ms. Kim ordered.
“Yes.” You replied, then Ms. Kim walked away.

You looked at Soo-Hyuk.
“Thank you.” You gave him a thankful smile, and he smiled back at you.
You led Soo-Hyuk, as he followed you behind. Just before you could take the first step into the room, the new chairman walked past the front entrance from the inside. He stopped when he saw Soo-Hyuk. Once you noticed it was the new chairman, you quickly bowed down. You could hear your heart beat so fast. You prayed for him to just keep walking.

Ha Joon and Soo Hyuk looked at each other.
“Ha-Joon.” Soo Hyuk said.
Right! That’s his name. Wi Ha Joon.
You thought. Once they started talking, you slowly moved over to the side with your head still down. You didn’t want to be in between them.
“Lee Soo-Hyuk.”
“Long time no see.” Soo Hyuk said, extending his hand out for a handshake.
Ha Joon looked at his hand and then back at Soo-Hyuk.
Soo-Hyuk saw that Ha Joon wasn’t going to accept his handshake. He tucked that hand in his pocket.
“I’m glad you’re back.” Soo Hyuk commented.
Ha Joon had a serious glare face.

Soo Hyuk looked over to you.
“I would like you to meet –”
You wanted to lift your head up when you heard Soo-Hyuk, but you couldn’t. Your heart began beating faster. In fact, you tried to avoid meeting the new chairman.
“We’ve got business to do.” Ha Joon said, before walking away to the front.
Soo Hyuk felt a little frustrated. He looked over to you.
“You can lift your head.”
You slowly lifted your head and looked at Soo-Hyuk.
Soohyuk looked at you before entering the meeting room to join the rest of his family on the long table.

All staffs sat in the back facing the front where the senior members and the new chairman sat. You entered the room and searched for a seat. You sat in the back, waiting for Haein to join you. The moment you saw her you waved your hand over to her. She fast-walked to you.
“Yah! Did Ms. Kim fire you?” It was the first thing she asked you.
“She was about to, but Ms. Choi came and interrupted her. When she came back, she told me to come here. I don’t know if she’ll dismiss me.” You sadly told Haein.
“I don’t think she will. If she was going to fire you, you wouldn’t even be here.” Haein said, glaring at Ms. Kim, who stood in the front.
“I hope so.” You told her.
Haein slapped you on the arm, surprising you.
“Haein, what was that for?” You asked, rubbing your arm.
“Yah! You thought I didn’t see earlier?”
“What?”
“Lee Soo Hyuk.”
It felt a little embarrassed.
“It was nothing.”
“You’re kidding me.” Haein said.

“Good morning everyone!” The speaker announced, making you and Haein stop. You both faced forward and everyone sat down. No one spoke a word.
“Today, it is my honor to introduce you guys to our new chairman, Mr. Wi Ha Joon.”
Everyone in the room clapped, as you did the same. You tried looking over the tall people to get a good view of him.
The speaker bowed to him before passing the microphone to Ha Joon. Ha Joon stood up and took the stand.
He looked at the staffs.
“Good morning, everyone! My name is Wi Ha Joon, and I will be taking over my grandfather’s , the former chairman, place. I hope that you guys will continue to work hard and dedicate your time to this company my grandfather built.” He began.
You listened to his voice very carefully. It was so hypnotizing.
“There are a few rules that I would like to change based on my first hour here.”
Everyone looked at each other, thinking about the changes he was going to make. You were even curious about the new rules.
“Starting next week, please wear business casual attire.”
Everyone liked the idea of it. You looked at Haein and she excitedly and silently clapped her hands. She smiled at you. You gave her a small smile back. The thing was that you didn’t have many business casual clothes.
“Badges are to be always worn. Security in the front will be reinforced for the safety of the employees here.”
“If any there are any changes you do not like, you can leave. Thank you.” Ha Joon concluded.
Everyone clapped. You looked at him, as he stepped off the spotlight. He looked so damn cool.
Your eyes slowly trailed to each member of the family. You sensed the tension and dislike from them.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

“-------ah, how come we don’t know who the new chairman is?” Haein asked you. You were daydreaming, wiping the counter repeatedly on the same spot.
“Yah!” Haein said, before gently slapping you on the arm.
“What?” You looked at her.
“The new chairman.”
“Wi Ha Joon?” You said.
Haein chuckled.
“Oh, you even remember his name.” She teased.
“What?” You were confused.
“I asked, how come we’ve never seen the new chairman before? We’ve seen Mr. Soo Hyuk and Ms. Hyo Joo before. But, you know, no one has ever seen the new chairman. Even his name is a mystery.” Haein asked.
You thought for a while. Why was that so true?
“Yah! I think there’s a family secret.” Haein whispered to you, making you look at her in surprised.
“What?!” You said out loud.
Haein shushed you.
“I think we need to figure this out.”
You gave her an “are you crazy?” look.
“I’m serious. Mr. Ha Joon is handsome, and he smells good too. He’s well-dressed. He’s everything. But, we’ve never heard of him before. Don’t you think that’s suspicious, -----?” Haein asked you, as she thought of the reasons.
“Maybe, he’s a low-profile man.” You suggested. Haein looked at you, giving you an “are you kidding?” look.
“What?”
“Mr. Ha Joon is that fine! How could he be low profile?” Haein said a little louder, making some of the other staff look at you two. You guys gave them an apologetic look.
“Aish, I said it a little loud.” Haein hid her face.
“-----, I have an idea!” Haein’s face gleamed.
“What is it? Tell me it’s not something crazy.” You asked her.
Haein smiled at you.
“Talk to Mr. Soo Hyuk more and then ask him about Mr. Ha Joon.” She gave you puppy eyes.
“What?!” This time you said it a little too loud, making the other staffs look at you two again. You bowed your head apologetically. You turned back to look at Haein.
“Yah! Are you crazy? Why would I do something like that?” You asked her in disbelief.
“Well, I can see that Mr. Soo Hyuk likes you.” She said, raising one of her brows.
“No, it’s not like that. You’re crazy.” You told her.
“Then, we’ll never get to find out who Mr. Ha Joon is.” Haein said, looking at the big clock.
“Maybe we’re not supposed to know.” You told her, as you began organizing the papers in front of you.

“Actually, the way he walks is lowkey really cool.” Haein mentioned. “That’s why you looked at him earlier, right?”
You quickly looked at Haein.
“W-well, it wasn’t that.”
“Then, what was it?”
“I just…wanted to see how he looked like.” You admitted.
“What? Am I hearing this correctly?” Haein teased. You gently slapped her arm. You both stopped goofing around when you saw Lee Soo Hyuk walk towards the front desk.
You and Haein quickly got into your position and bowed down as Soo Hyuk approached you two.
Soo Hyuk stood behind the tall desk and smiled at you.
“The new boss is not busy now. Let me introduce you to him.” Soo Hyuk said, catching you off guard.
You looked at Haein and she smiled at you. You looked back at Soo Hyuk.
“Soo Hyuk-shi, it’s okay, really. I’m sure I’ll meet him at another time.” You tried to make an excuse.
“I got you cover.” Soo Hyuk said.
“Yea, --------, you should go meet the new boss.” Haein said, giving you the eye.
You wanted to kill Haein right there. You knew what she was trying to do to you.
Soo Hyuk looked at Haein.
“What’s your name?”
“I’m Haein, Mr. Lee Soo Hyuk. Nice to meet you.” Haein smiled and bowed down again.
“Nice to meet you too. You’re more than welcomed to come too, if you’d like to meet him.” Soo Hyuk offered. Haein smiled widely and nodded her head.
“-----, let’s go meet the new boss.” Haein said, grabbing onto your arm and pulling you out from the front desk. You tried to stop her, but she was too strong. You really didn’t want to see the new chairman. For some reason, you felt really nervous to meet him.

You and Haein trailed behind Soo Hyuk. You gave Haein the look. Haein smiled at you. Soo Hyuk turned back to look at you. He stopped and waited for you two to catch up to him.
When you realized that he had stopped to wait, you and Haein quickly caught up to him. He smiled at you, before you guys entered the elevator. Haein pressed on the 12th floor, and you guys waited quietly in the elevator.
“Mr. Lee Soo Hyuk, thank you for giving us this opportunity!” Haein looked over to Soo Hyuk.
“My pleasure. I think it’s a good idea that Ha Joon meets all of his employees.” Soo Hyuk replied.
Haein looked at you, signaling that she was going to start her mission. You held her arm, signaling for her to stop whatever she was going to do.
“Mr. Soo Hyuk-shi, the new chairman, is he older than you?” Haein asked. Soo Hyuk looked over to Haein.
“Ah, yes.”
“Ohhh.” Haein nodded as she understood.
“I’m sorry, but I was just curious, how come----”
Haein was interrupted by the elevator doors opening.
“We’re here.” Soo Hyuk smiled, getting off the elevator first. He turned back to look at you. You gave him a smile and slowly walked out. You looked at the room in front you, down the long hallway.
The floor was dimmed, not like the other floors. The fact that you’ve never been to the 12th floor, it made you curious. You felt like you were entering somewhere dark and mysterious. The atmosphere on the 12th floor was definitely different. You and Haein followed Soo Hyuk down the long hallway.
Right when you guys reached the chairman’s room, Soo Hyuk looked at you.
“Don’t be nervous. He’s just another person.”
You chuckled at him.
“Oh, I’m not nervous. I just feel bad if he’s actually busy.” You lied.
You lied big time. You felt cold sweats all over your body. Your legs felt like it could collapse anytime. Your hands were slightly shaking. Haein stood behind you. You felt your heart rate increase. Soo Hyuk knocked on the door before opening it. You and Haein entered after Soo Hyuk.

You guys looked around.
“Huh, where did he go?” Soo Hyuk thought out loud.
You released a small sigh of relief.
Soo Hyuk looked for him in the room, but no signs of Ha Joon. You scanned the room from where you were standing. The office was at least 3x bigger than your place. Every piece of art had its own place. Haein looked around, forgetting that she was just a normal worker.
“I’m sure he didn’t go far. We can just wait for him.” Soo Hyuk insisted. Haein nodded and smiled. You became nervous again.
“Soo Hyuk-shi, if you could just excuse me for a second. I’m just going to run to the restroom.” You bowed to him, before taking your leave. You quietly closed the door and turned back to look at the door. On it, it had the new chairman’s name on it, Wi Ha Joon.
Why am I nervous? He’s just the new chairman.
You thought, before heading to the bathroom. You walked down the long hallway and looked for the restroom. You made a right turn at the end of the hallway. Thankfully, it took you one try to find the restroom.
I just need to calm down. Everything is going to be okay.
You tried to relax yourself, as you looked down, talking to yourself in your head.
Just as you approached ladies’ room, you bumped into someone so hard, making you snap out of your thoughts. Both of your hands grabbed on the person’s right arm to prevent yourself from falling, as you leaned right on his chest and slightly back.
The person held your back, as a way of support.

You looked at him, and he looked at you. Your eyes widened when you realized you were looking into the dark brown eyes of Wi Ha Joon.


┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡



This story will be avaliable on
Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆