⬻Chapter VIII: Late Night⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

“Secretary Park?”

Your eyes widened. You were confused with the new title.
“E-excuse me?”
Hajoon looked up from his papers. His enigmatic eyes made it hard for you to look away.
“You told me the other day that you knew how things ran in the company. Move your stuff in my office tomorrow."
“Ah yes, but I’m still learning, Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi,” you managed to say despite your nervousness.
You thought to yourself, you had no qualification to become his secretary.
Hajoon stood up from his seat, standing over you.
Your heart began beating faster each second that passed.
Hajoon leaned in, making you look away from this gaze.
“W-what are y-you doing, M-Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi?” you asked, barely making out the words to him. 
“What do you think?”
You turned to look at him, only a few inches away from each other.
Your breathing became uneven, as you felt his eyes you in.
Hajoon looked at your sparkling eyes, then he leaned in a little closer.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Your head dropped, waking you up and dropping all the papers in your hand on the floor.
“Omo!” You exclaimed. You bent down and began picking the copies on the floor.
You stopped when you remembered your dream.
“Wait, why did I dream of that?”
You froze, thinking about the dream.
“Aish, I’m thinking too much about him.” You gently hit the temple of your head, feeling embarrassed.
You noticed a presence staring at you through the window, making you look up.
To your surprise, it was him, the person you dreamt about a few minutes ago.
You quickly stood up and bowed behind the door, hoping that he would walk away. Thankfully, he read your mind and walked away.
You released a heavy sigh and pressed on some buttons on the printer.
“Aish, why is today such a bad day? Where’s Haein?’ You whispered to yourself, forcefully pressing on some button. You knew you were distracted by the dream. Not only that, he just walked past you a few seconds ago.
“What am I doing?” You asked yourself, after realizing you were thinking too deep about him.
You stopped pressing the button and bent down to pick up the remaining papers. 


•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The moment you walked out of the copier room, Ms. Kim stood there, waiting for you.
"Ms. Kim." 
She gave you a blank face.
“-------, in a few minutes, there will be a delivery man. Make sure you deliver the coffee to the research and the design department."
You bowed to her, acknowledging her request.
Ms. Kim scanned you up and down before taking her leave.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stood behind the front desk and waited.
What happened to Haein? Why isn't she here today?
You thought.
"Twenty cups of coffee: 5 Iced Americanos, 6 Americanos, 5 Latte, and 3 Cappuccinos?" The delivery man repeated the order.
“Thank you,” you smiled at him.
"Have a good day, " he said before leaving. 
Omo, how am I going to carry all of these?
You thought.

After delivering all of the coffee to the designated department, you took the elevator back down. You stood behind the front desk, waiting for a phone call or something. Days where Haein didn’t come in were the longest.
Hmm, what happened to Wi Ha Joon? Is he still here? Why did I dream of him earlier?
All the thoughts ran through your mind. You weren't sure who he was, nor did anyone in the building. 
By the time you knew, it was lunch time.

You grabbed your lunch box, just as Ms. Kim stopped you. 
"------shi, make sure you come back on time. I have more work for you after lunch." Ms Kim said. 
"Yes, Ms.Kim," you said before taking your leave.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
One of the best places to have lunch was the back of the building. There was a small trail that led to beautiful view of a lake. You walked outside and picked a picnic bench. You took out your lunch and ate silently, looking at the open green field and the calming water while you enjoyed your lunch.
A lot was on your mind.
How am I ever going to find my bag? My shoes? Aishhh! I need to go to the administration office. I need to go to the bank and cancel my cards. 
You felt frustrated and tired, having to worry about your things. 
I need the pay rent this week too.
 You took an onigiri from your bento box, unwrapping it, before taking a big bite over the frustration of your missing belongings.
You looked back at the view , only to see Hajoon standing a few feet away from you, holding a card of some sort.
The piece of onigiri you had in your mouth fell out of your mouth, landing on the table.
It took you a few minutes to realize what was going on. 

You quickly wiped your mouth with the plastic wrapper that wrapped the onigiri. After realizing that you weren't wiping your mouth with a napkin, you set the wrapper down and  got up from your seat, bowing your head when you saw him walk towards you.
He walked past you and back to the building. You lifted your head and looked over your shoulder to see him walk towards the building.
“Just as Haein said,” you whispered.
Why did he look so cool without even saying one word?
You thought.

You sat down and searched for a napkin, only to realize you didn't pack any. You crumbled the wrapper up and threw it inside a brown bag.
“Aishhh, how embarrassing!” You face palmed.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

“Boss, Mr. Ricci called a while ago. He asked for you.”
Hajoon became annoyed.
“We did not disclose any information to him.”
Hajoon looked at the view in front of him.
“Keep Nam-gil. I’ll take care of the situation.” Hajoon spoke in English, before ending the call.
He took out your identification card, looking at your picture.
Park ------.
He thought.
He turned around and to his surprise, you were eating right across from him. Hajoon held your ID in front of him and compared it to you.
So, she's really the one.
Hajoon saw that you noticed him, since your food came out of your mouth.
He sighed and inserted your card back in his pocket. He walked past you, as you bowed down.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Make sure you organized these files before you leave. The chairman will need these in the morning. And, don’t forget you need to make these additional files for the research department.”
“I will, Ms. Kim. Have a good night,” you said.
She looked at you one last time before leaving to the locker room.
You took a deep breath.
You walked to the copier room and began making your copies. After you finished, you brought the papers into the filing room and began filing away. You looked at the small white clock that hung on the wall across from your seat. The clock read 9:15.
You looked at the work you had finished and compared to the ones you still needed to work on
“When will I go home?” You asked aloud. You slightly banged your head on the table. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You placed the last file onto the stack just as the clock 12:00AM. You stretched your back and released a sigh of relief. You grabbed the stack of file and walked out of the room. The building was mostly dark with a few lights here and there. 

You passed out the files to each of the employees' desk. 
12:45AM.
You read on the clock. 
You were exhausted. 

Just as you were about to enter the elevator, someone called your name.
"--------?" 
You turned around to see one of the security guards.
"Mr. Yoo." 
You called out to him.
"Why are you still here?" He asked. 
"Ahh, I was just doing some last-minute work. Ms. Kim said I had to get some files ready for tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure everyone had a copy before I go home for the night." You said to him. 
"You're such a hard worker. Make sure you get home safe." He wished you. 
"Thank you!" You smiled at him, before entering the elevator. 
Once the elevator closed, you pressed on the first floor. You closed your eyes for a few seconds, waiting for the ding sound. 
Just before you knew it, the sound went off, meaning that you reached your floor. 
You exhaled and opened your eyes, only to be greeted by the chairman, Wi Ha Joon.

You were a little startled by his presence, the fact that it was 1AM, and he was still at the office. 
You bowed and lifted your head up, moving over to the side for him to enter. 
Aish. Why does this always happen to me?
You thought. You looked at the floor and you were only on level three, meaning you had two levels to go. 
Should I say something?
You thought. 
Maybe I shouldn't.
You answered your own question. 
Just as you were about to say something, his phone rang. 

"Hello?" 
As much as you didn't want to eavesdrop on the conversation, you had no other choice. 
"I didn't do anything yet." 
What did he do?
You questioned. 
"Don't worry. I'll take care of the rest." Hajoon finished the short conversation in his fluent English. 
What did he say? 
You asked yourself. You were curious now. 
Meanwhile, Hajoon saw the side view of your face. He knew you were confused. 
It's English for sure.
You thought. 

You looked over your shoulder, only to see him staring back at you. 
You did a slight bow before facing back to the elevator doors. 
Aish. Caught red-handed. 
You thought. 
The elevator doors opened, and your eyes gleamed. You walked out and stood by the side, bowing down to him as he stepped out the elevator. You lifted your head up as he walked past you. 
You saw Hajoon stop and turned back to look at you, making you return back to your bowing stance. He walked over to you and stood in front of you. 
"Ease down on the bowing." Hajoon said, before taking his leave. 
Wait, what?
You slowly lifted your head and looked at him, as he approached three of his bodyguards. You were lowkey confused. 
"Did he just ask me to not bow?" You whispered to yourself. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
After you finished tidying up the front desk, you walked to the locker room, grabbing your jacket and your bag. 
"Good night Mr. Yoo! I'll see you in a bit," you laughed. 
"Good night ------! Get home safely." Mr. Yoo waved to you, as you did the same. 
Once you pushed past the huge glass doors, Mr. Yoo locked the doors, setting the alarm on. 

Just as you began making your way down the stairs, you noticed at least a group of 30 men in black suits at the bottom of the stairs. 
Wait, are those the same men from that night? 
You thought, grabbing onto your bag. You looked back at them. 
How did they find me?
You saw one of the men at the bottom look at you, making you panic.
Your heart began beating faster. You felt the cold sweats behind your back, and your knees weakened.
Mr. Yoo. 
You thought. 
I have to go back.  


You quickly turned around.


"Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi."

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(02.15) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @DolphinWorld and the upvoters and @hakimmj and @rimjimbarman
♡Much love♡


This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆