⬻Chapter II: Run⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

You stood behind the reception desk, thinking about that name.
“Wi Ha Joon.” You whispered to yourself.
“What?” Haein asked.
You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at Haein.
“What?” You asked.
“You said something.” Haein replied.
“…no, I didn’t.” You lied.
“10 more minutes, then we’re out of here.” Haein celebrated. You chuckled.
“We’re going dress shopping!” Haein smiled at you.
“Haein, it’s okay! I have to get home.” You told her.
“No, I want you to go too. You need to get out there and live life.” She told you.
Haein was right on that. You’ve been jumping from jobs to jobs. You were happy that you finally found the one, hopefully. You wanted to be stable first before you could party.
“Yah, you’re 25 once.” Haein reminded you.
“Fine, but I’m just going for a few hours. I know you have a date.” You told Haein, and she smiled at you.
“Thanks! You’ll have fun, I promise.”
“I’ll be a third wheel.”
“No, Jeongmin doesn’t think that.” She laughed.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“-----, do you like this one?” Haein asked you. You looked at the dress. It looked way too expensive.
“It’s okay, Haein! I’ll go check that rack over there.” You told her, pointing to the clearance rack.
“Yah! Go try this one.” Haein said, handing you the dress. Haein walked to the comfortable velvet couch and sat there, waiting for you.
“Haein.” You said her name.
“Nope, I’m not going to talk to you until you try that dress on.” She said, then she took out her phone.

You let out a soft sigh and walked to the dressing room. Haein smiled when she saw you enter.
“Haein, I’m coming out.” You said, after you got the dress in. It was like the dress slipped in so perfectly.
You walked out of the dressing room, and Haein’s jaw dropped.



“Are you really my friend? What did you do to her?” Haein complimented.
“Yah!” You said, giving her a shy smile.
“We’re getting you this dress.” Haein said, getting up from her seat.
You ran up to Haein to try to stop her.
“Wait, Haein! You said to just try and I did. We’re not buying this one.” You said, pulling her arm to prevent her from walking closer to the register.
“I like it, so we’re buying it for you.” Haein said, smiling.

“We would like to buy the dress she has on.” Haein said to the sales lady.
She smiled and processed the dress.
“Wait, Haein! I got it!” You said, searching for your credit card.
“Cash or card?” The lady asked.
“Um, card” You replied, searching for your card that was in your bag that Haein carried. You opened your wallet. You freaked out a bit.
“Haein, have you seen my card?” You asked her, frantically looking in your bag.
Haein handed her card to the sales lady. She swiped it, and then handed it back to Haein.
Haein smiled at the sales lady and then back at you.
“Thank you for your purchase.”
Haein smiled in return.

Haein searched in her pocket and then handed you your card.
“Haein.” You couldn’t believe she had your card the whole time.
“Don’t worry. Like I said, my gift for you.” She said.
You felt a little teary.
“Yah!”
You gave Haein a big bear hug.
“Thank you so much.”
“Anything for you.”

You switched back to your work outfit, as the sales lady bagged your dress.
“Haein, we’ll meet later. I have to go home really quick.” You told her.
“I can drop you off.” She offered.
“No, it’s okay! I can take the bus. I’ll meet you at the venue.” You told her.
“Are you sure? I’ll pick you up later.” Haein said, as you both walked out of the boutique.
“No, it’s okay. I’ll catch a cab.” You assured her.
“Just call me when you’re ready.” She said.
You nodded.
“Be careful.” Haein said, before entering her car.
You waved her good bye and then walked to the bus station, waiting for the bus.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked up those steep road again.
“Hello ahjusshi! How are you? Were you busy today?” You asked the ahjusshi.
“Ahh ------! You’re back already?” He smiled the instant he heard your voice.
“Yes. There’s a work party tonight, so I came to get ready.” You smiled at the ahjusshi.
“I can’t wait to see you in your dress.” He smiled. “Have you eaten yet?” He asked, as he removed the barbeque grill.
“Ah, yes! Don’t worry about me.” You lied. “Ahjusshi, what can I help you with?” You asked, as you set your bag on one of the tables.
“No, go home and get ready. I know Prince Charming is waiting for you.” He said.
“Ahjusshi.” You gave him a shy smile. “There’s no Prince Charming.” You said, as you helped him clean up the table.
“Put that down and go get ready.” He said, taking the bowls you had in your hands.
“Ahjusshi, let me help a little bit.” You insisted.
The ahjusshi grabbed your bag and pushed you out of his shop.
“Go get ready.” He smiled at you, before closing the glass door. He waved at you and you waved back.
You greeted each person you encountered. Your house was the house on the very corner of the neighborhood, so it took a few minutes before you reached your place.
You unlocked your door and took off your shoes, then plopped down on the couch that rested in your small living room for a few minutes.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Are you here yet?” Haein asked through the call.
“I just pulled up. I’ll be in shortly.” You said, before ending the call.
“Thank you.” You thanked the cab driver before paying for your fare.
You stepped out and was in awed with the décor, lights, and cameras. The red carpet wasn’t for you, so you stepped aside and walked behind the reporters and cameras. You heard talks of the announcement that was announced in the morning.
Will he show up tonight?
You thought to yourself, as you walked up the stairs.
You entered the building and then to the ballroom, where you searched for Haein and Jeongmin.
“You look stunning!” Someone complimented.
You turned around and realized that it was Haein and Jeongmin.
You smiled at her and greeted Jeongmin.
“Did you want a drink?” Haein asked.
“No, it’s okay! I just ate before I came.” You lied.
“Oh okay then! The drinks are very expensive here. Take advantage of it.” Haein joked.
“Our seats are over there. You can go and sit over there with us.” She said, as she pointed to their table. “We’re just going to go outside for a bit to catch a little of air.” Haein said.
“Okay!” You smiled, and they departed from the conversation.
You walked to their table and took the seat next to Haein.
You carefully examined each other décor, scanning the room slowly. It really was for rich people. You were lucky enough that the company invited their staff. Usually, these events were for close friends and family only.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Can I have a dance with you?”
You heard someone asked, breaking your attention for the décor. You looked over your shoulder and realized that it was the chairman’s grandson, the one from earlier.
You quickly pulled your chair away and bowed down to him.
He smiled at you.
“So, it looks like you know me.” He commented.
“Lee Soo Hyuk, the chairman’s second grandson.” You replied, keeping your head down with your right hand on top of your left placed on your abdomen.
“You can lift your head up.” He commanded. “And, relax.” He instructed.
You slowly lifted your head up and made eye contact with him.
“Are you here with anyone?” He asked, with one hand tucked in the right-side pocket of his dress pants.
“I-I’m here with a friend.” You told him.
Why is he asking me that? Please just go away. I don’t want to get in trouble.
You thought. The worst possible situation was Ms. Kim coming over and scolding you for being improper.
“Can I have this dance with you?” He asked once again.
“W-what? Me?” You asked, with your both of your eyes wide open due to the unexpected question.
Why me? Is he playing games?
You thought.
“Is that a yes?” He questioned.
You tried thinking of the best way to decline him.

“This next song is dedicated to the chairman’s second grandson, Lee Soo Hyuk.” The MC announced, with the spotlight pointed at Soo Hyuk who was standing in front of you, offering you his hand. The applause was so loud, it echoed throughout the hallway and outside. The warm heat radiated from the high-beamed light warmed you up that you couldn’t feel the chills that was running throughout your body.
You looked at his hand and then back at him.
“I guess you have no choice now.”
“Mr. Soo Hyuk, I-I----”
Soohyuk took your hand and led you to the dance floor.
“Mr. Soohyuk, I actually can’t dance.” You warned him.
He turned his head to look at you.
“It’s okay.” He smiled at you.
This was the first time a man had asked for a dance from you. You felt nervous, of course. But, you were more nervous about what your co-workers would say, or most importantly, Ms. Kim’s lectures.
Soohyuk placed one of his hands on your waist and the other held your hand.
“Mr. Soohyuk, what should I do with this hand?” You asked, showing him your right hand.
“Put it on my shoulder.” He said.
You did as he said.
“Like this?” You asked to be sure.
“Yea, it’s simple.” He said.

Just as you two settled, the orchestra played their next piece.
“Mr. Soo---”
“Just call me Soohyuk.”
“Uh, Joohyuk-shi, I don’t know the steps.” You warned him.
“I’ll guide you.” He said.
“Ready?”
You nodded your head.
“A step back.”
You followed his direction.
“Left.”
“Right.”
“Feet together forward.”
You did as he instructed.
“Now, you’re just going to repeat that.” He said.
“O-okay.” You replied, looking at the feet work.
You guys ran a few rounds, before you got the steps.
“You can look at me now. You don’t have to look at the ground.” He commented.
You quickly looked up at him.
“H-huh?”
You couldn’t look at him. Not because he was good-looking, but because he was the chairman’s grandson.It was rare to see him and rare for anyone to dance with him. You've heard stories of him before, but this would be your first official encounter with him.
“When dancing, both partners look at each other. You’re looking at the ground.” He said.
“O-oh, yea. I’m sorry.” You apologized.
“Okay, now you don’t need to apologize.” He said, chuckling.
“What’s your name?” He asked.
“Park ------.” You answered.
“Pleasured to meet you, Park ------.” He greeted.
“Pleasure’s mine.” You replied.
You looked pass his ears and saw Haein and Jeongmin standing at the corner, giving you a hwaiting fist.
You gave them a smile, and Soohyuk caught that. He looked over his shoulder to see who you were smiling at.
“You’ve got a very pretty smile.” He complimented, turning back to face you. You quickly averted your attention to him.
“O-oh, it was my friend, the one that I came with.” You replied honestly. You knew you could lie to Haein, but not to the chairman’s grandson.
“Oh!”
You looked away from Soohyuk and adored each couple that danced on the floor with you guys. The piece was coming to an end.
“I’m going to twirl you.” Soohyuk warned.
“W-wait, what?”
And with that, Soohyuk twirled you and then pulled you close to him.
Then, the orchestra ended the piece.
You looked at Soohyuk and he looked at you with his intense stare.
“It was nice dancing with you.” He said.
You pulled away and bowed down to him.
“Thank you, Soohyuk-ssi, for this dance.” You said.
He smiled at you, then he gestured you to take your leave.
You gave him a smile, before walking off the dance floor.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You quickly walked to Haein and Jeongmin.
“Yah! I told you! You really are stunning! When did he ask you? I missed it.” Haein asked.
You slapped her gently on the arm and then covered your face from the embarrassment.
You looked at Haein.
“I didn’t want to, but they called him to dance and he pulled me to the dance floor.” You told her.
“Ayee, I see that love’s in the air.” Haein joked.
“Yah, Haein, it’s not funny. Next time, I’m going to third wheel you guys.” You laughed, making Haein and Jeongmin join along.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stayed with Haein and Jeongmin for the next hour or so.
“I think Lee Soo Hyuk is going to ask you to dance again.” Haein teased.
“Yah, if he does, I’m going to decline it.” You said, as you took a sip of water.
“Whatever.” Haein said.
“You guys should go dance.” You told Jeongmin and Haein.
“Will you be fine sitting here by yourself?” Haein asked you.
“I will. You guys will be only a few feet away from me.” You chuckled.
Haein smiled at you before pulling Jeongmin to the floor.
You smiled as you saw your friend dance with her partner. With the need of fresh air, you decided to walk outside to the garden.
The garden was filled with beautiful white lights and lanterns. There were a few people outside, walking around and drinking at the tall tables.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sat on one of the benches and looked at the stars. It was that name again that popped up in your head.

Wi Ha Joon.

Wait, is he here? How come he has never been mentioned?

You questioned.

You took out your outdated Samsung phone. You checked the time, and it read 10:36PM.
I should get home.
You thought.
You pulled up Haein’s contact and texted her.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You: Haein, I’m going to head home. I’ll see you tomorrow😊 10:37PM
Haein: I can drop you off. 10:37PM
You: It’s okay. Dance the night away with Jeongmin. I’ll catch the bus. 10:38PM
Haein: Are you sure? It’s not problem. 10:39PM
You: Don’t worry. 10:39PM
Haein: Text me when you get home. Don’t forget that the new chairman will be at the company at 8AM sharp😊 10:41PM
You: Thanks for the reminder! Good night and get home safe😊 10:43PM

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
And with that, you began making your way to the front to leave.
Just as you took your first step down the stairs, someone called out to you.
“------!”
You turned around and realized that it was Soohyuk.
Damn it!
You thought.
You gave him a smile and bowed.
“Are you leaving already?” Soohyuk asked, as he walked over to you.
“Ah, yes Soohyuk-ssi.”
“Do you have a ride?” Soohyuk asked, looking to see if your ride was parked at the bottom.
“Oh, yes.”
“Let me ask someone to you to your car.” Soohyuk said, turning around to get one of the bodyguards’ attention. He snapped his fingers at a man in a black suit.
“Oh, Soohyuk-ssi. It’s fine, really. It’s just right down there. I can walk by myself.” You told him, hoping that he would tell the bodyguard to go back to his post.
Soohyuk looked at you and smiled then back at the bodyguard.
“Please her to her car.” Soohyuk ordered.
The bodyguard bowed to Soohyuk.
You were in shock.
What’s happening?
You thought to yourself.
Soohyuk looked back at you.
“I hope you get home safely. Good night.” Soohyuk said.
“Wait, Soohyuk, I’m fine, really. I appreciate your kindness, but I’ll be fine.” You tried to decline his offer.
“Good night, -----.” Soohyuk smiled, before walking back inside the building.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stood on the stair, feeling helpless. You looked at the bodyguard and smiled at him.
“It’s okay. You can go back inside. I’ll be fine.” You told the bodyguard.
“As instructed by Mr. Lee Soo Hyuk, I will have to follow his order.” The bodyguard said in a stern voice.
You knew you couldn’t shoo the bodyguard away.
“You can just walk me down there then. I’m still waiting for my ride.” You lied.
The guard didn’t say anything. He followed you down the stairs.
Once you both reached the bottom of the stairs, you looked at the guard.
“I’ll be fine. You can just drop me here. I’ll be catching the bus.” You told the guard.
“I can request a car to drop you off home.” The guard said.
“No, it’s okay! It’s just right down there.”
You hoped that the guard would go back to the building.
“As you requested then. Travel safe.” The guard said, before walking back up the stairs.
You felt relieved when the guard walked back. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked slowly to the bus station and waited on the bench.
Wi Ha Joon.
You repeated the name again in your head.
I wonder what he’s like.

You caught yourself thinking about his name. 

Aish. What are you thinking? Stop it. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Just then, the bus arrived. You paid for your fare and then found a seat on the bus. Thankfully, the bus was not full tonight. After a few miles, the bus stopped. You looked at the bus driver.
Why did he stop?
You questioned.
“Ma’am, this is the last stop for tonight.” The driver told you, looking at you from the rear mirror.
You looked outside. It looked isolated and creepy.
“Ah, thank you!” You said, before making your way out the bus.
The doors closed and the bus drove off.
“Aish, where am I?” You asked out loud. You looked at the street from left to right.
To be honest, you were quite scared. It was dark and crickets could be heard. Thankfully, the moonlight lit a path for you. You released a heavy sigh and then began walking. Every once here and there, you’d check your surroundings.
You looked at the time, and it read 12:00AM.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Just as you approached the outside of your neighborhood, you heard a pleading sob. You quickly turned back.
What was that?
You asked yourself.
“Please. Please. I’ll tell you anything.”
You heard someone say.
What?
You turned back and searched for the voice. You walked down the dirt road, which was an isolated part of the neighborhood. You followed the road, until you reached a junk yard filled with stacked cargo containers and old cars.
Maybe I’m just hearing stuff.
You told yourself.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As you made your way back, you looked around your surroundings. Just as you walked pass two large cargo container, you caught a glimpse of a man on the ground. You walked back and hid behind the one of the cargo containers. From your limited view, you saw a man with blood running down the side of his face on the ground, begging to spare his life. Your eyes widened when you saw a person’s hand pointing a gun at the poor man.

“So, are you going to tell me who sent you?” You heard the man asked the man who was on the ground.
“Please. Spare me. I’ll tell you anything.” The man on the ground plead.
“I’m going to ask you one more time. Who sent you?”

Should I call the police?
You thought.
You searched for your phone, as your hands shook.
You were going to witness a murder.
Just as you took out your phone, the phone fumbled out of your hands. Your phone made contact with an old piece of metal that was near you; the echoes of the metal and your phone projected throughout the junk yard. You looked at your phone that was on the ground, and then back at the opening between the two cargo containers. The man on the ground looked at you, and you made eye contact with him. He gave you pleading look. 
You did exactly what your instinct told you; you took off your heels, as you slowly backed away. The moment you tried making a run out of the yard, you were a little late. Five men in black suit surrounded you, pointing their guns at you. You looked at them, scared. You knew that this would be your last moment on Earth. Your heart began beating faster. Even the summer heat wasn’t able to warm your chills.

As you tried to explain yourself, nothing came out.
You heard the heavy footsteps that walked closer to you from behind. The crunch of his foot stepping on each pebble on the dirt road was so loud to your ears; cold sweats ran down your whole body.

“Stand where you are.”
Of course, you knew you weren’t going to move. You were going to do anything to stay alive.
His deep, husky voice paralyzed you.



“Who sent you?”

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

This story will be avaliable on
Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆