⬻Chapter XV: Han River⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
"Eunwoo, is your head okay now?"
You scanned the area where the bandage used to be.
"I'm all better now," Eunwoo said, smiling at you, "That's kind of late for you to ask. It's been over a week already."
You playfully slapped Eunwoo on the arm. 
"I'm sorry, okay? I got carried away with work." 
"Is it your boss again?" Eunwoo asked, his playful look turned worried.
"No, it's not him. He kinda disappeared, but that doessn't matter," you chuckled, hoping that it would assure him everything was really fine. 
"Are you lying?" Eunwoo asked, still wearing the same worried look. 
You shook your head, following with a smile. 
"If he does anything out of line, you need to tell me, okay?" 
"Yes, Eunwoo! Don't worry. He's a ...nice guy," you thought before saying that.
You still haven't figure out who Hajoon really was. He was a book that was hard to read.

"Are you free tonight?" You asked, changing the subject.
"Yea, why?" 
"Let's go out for dinner with Haein," you suggested. 
"You're treating us?" Eunwoo gave you a side eye look. 
"I made a promise," you stated. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"To Eunwoo's recovery!" 
You and Haein toasted, then you all clinked your soju shots together.
"This is so good! I haven't had this for a while now," Haein laughed. 
You scrunched your face. Truth was you had low tolerance for alcohol.
Eunwoo looked over to you, making sure you were okay. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You guys ate, talked, and laughed throughout the night. 
"Eunwoo, you sure you can handle ------?" Haein asked.
"Don't worry, I'll be okay," Eunwoo responded, looking at you who was dead asleep on the table. 
"Be careful and give me a call when you guys get home," Haein smiled, grabbing her purse and your bag.
"I will. Be careful getting home. It's late," Eunwoo replied, then Haein took her leave. 

Eunwoo looked at you and smiled. 
"Aish, you knew this would happen," Eunwoo joked, before trying to get you up. 
"------, get up," Eunwoo whispered. 
You didn't budge. 
"--------?" Eunwoo called you again, shaking you lightly by the shoulder. 
You lifted your head up and looked at Eunwoo. 
"Eunwoo-ah, where are we?" you asked him, looking around. 
"You're drunk. Let's get you home," Eunwoo said. 
He helped you up, but you slouched down to the ground. 
"My legs are weak," you cried. 
Eunwoo quickly bent down and tried calming you down, as you've gained a few attention from the customers around.  
"Eunwoo, am I paralyzed?" you cried even more. 
"You're not. Get on my back," Eunwoo said as he faced his back towards you. 
"Really? You're going to help me?" You asked, wiping your tears away. 
Eunwoo gestured you to get on his back.
You got on his back and wrapped your arms around his shoulder then leaned your head on one side of his shoulder.
"Don't drop me," you warned him, mubbling. 
Eunwoo chuckled. 
"I won't," he replied.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The walk back was filled with sounds of crickets. The full moon out made it easier for Eunwoo to walk down the streets of the neighborhood. He listened to your soft breathing, taking in the moment. 
"Eunwoo-ah," you called his name; he turned his head slightly, hoping to get a glimpse of you. 
"Yea?" he answered. 
"Your back is warm," you slightly slurred your words, eyes still closed. 
"Is it?" 
You didn't reply.
"Are you okay?" He asked. 
"Of course," you mubbled again. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Eunwoo stood in front of your house. 
He thought again. 
Aish, Haein took your purse. 
"-------?" 
He called you, but no answer. 
He walked to his house, pushing pass the front-fenced gate. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
He gently placed you on the bed. 
He fixed your head on the pillow, covering you with a gentle yellow quilt. You placed your one of your hands underneath your cheek as you got comfortable. 
He tucked the strand of hair covering your face behind your ear. Eunwoo couldn't help, but smile seeing your face.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You slowly opened your eyes. 
Jesus, what happened last night? 
You thought, as you tried to gain understanding of where you were. 
You jolted up, realizing that you weren't home. You looked around and saw no one around. You jumped out of bed and opened the door as quickly as possible. You looked around and realized that you were in Eunwoo's house. 
You took a sigh of relief. Just then, you saw Eunwoo open the front door. He carried a bag. 
"You're awake!" Eunwoo greeted. 
You nodded your head and walked over to him. 
"What happened last night?" you asked.
Eunwoo walked over to the kitchen and placed the bag on the counter. 
"Nothing much. You were just drunk,"
You looked around and nodded. 
You suddenly remembered about your investigation about Hajoon. A gradual panic rose inside of you, thinking you spilled something last night.
"That's all, right? I didn't say anything else?" You asked, hoping you didn't spill anything related to Hajoon.

"What do you mean?" He asked, taking out the things in the bag. 
"Like...I didn't talk about weird things?" 
"No, you didn't," Eunwoo said, shook his head in confusion.

"Are you working today?" Eunwoo asked. 
"No, I don't work Sundays," you told him, "did you need something?" 
"Did...you want to go to the Han River with me?" Eunwoo nervously asked. 
"OF COURSE!" You slightly raised your voice from the excitement. 
"Are we going right now?" you asked Eunwoo. Your eyes gleamed.
Eunwoo smiled seeing how happy you were. 
"Yea," he replied.
"Then, I'll see you soon," you smiled, running out of his  house and up the streets. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Eunwoo looked over to you as you stared out the window. 
You took in the moment as you stared outside.You have heard of all the stories and seen the pictures of the river, but this would be your first time seeing the river in person.
"You hungry?" Eunwoo asked. 
You broke away from the window and looked at Eunwoo. 
Eunwoo held a bite-sized bread wrapped in parchment paper. It was one of your favorites, a spongy bread filled with light taro cream. 
"Thank you," you told Eunwoo, taking the bread in his hand. 
You took a bite of the bread, closing your eyes, savoring the flavors. 
You looked at Eunwoo and gently elbowed him, getting his attention. 
Eunwoo looked over to you, giving you a "what" look. 
"Thank you for taking care of me last night and for this bread," you smiled. Truth was you felt a little guilty about it. 
"It's no problem," Eunwoo smiled. 
"Oh, I realized that my bag wasn't with me, is it still at your house?" you asked him. 
"No, actually, Haein took your bag, that's why you slept at my place last night," Eunwoo told you. 
"Ohh," you nodded your head. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Eunwoo began your walk to the river. 
You closed your eyes and lifted your head up to the sun. Eunwoo looked over to you and smiled seeing you enjoy the warmth of the sun.
"Did you want ice cream?" He asked. You opened your eyes and looked at him. 
You nodded your head, cheerfully like a child. 
"It's ahead," Eunwoo said, pointing at the stand. 
"Then, what are we doing here? Let's go," you said, grabbing onto his hand, running over to the stand. 
 He was a little surprised, yet happy.
You stopped right when you two were in front of the stand. You looked over to him. 
"Wait, you're treating me, right?" you asked him. 
Eunwoo chuckled and nodded. 
"I mean, you're going to have to anyway. Haein has my purse."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Just as Eunwoo was about to take a bite of his ice cream, you stopped him. 
"Wait, wait, wait!" You stopped him. Eunwoo looked at you, confused. 
"What's wrong?" 
"Let's do a cheer," you suggested. 
"With ice cream?" 
"Yea, what's wrong with it?" You asked him. 
Eunwoo shrugged. 
"Here's to friendship and for treating me out today," you toasted. 
You both cheered your cones before taking a bite of the cone with the creamy ice cream. 

You felt like a child again. Ice cream were only treated on special events in your life. 
"-------." 
You looked at Eunwoo, midway your ice cream. 
"Yeah?" 
"Look." 
He pointed at the river, and your eyes twinkled like never before. 
You ran towards the river. You looked at the bridge that was over it. Everything seemed to stop.
"It's so beautiful," you whispered. 
Eunwoo walked behind you. 
"It's more beautiful at night," he said.
You slightly looked behind you, your eyes never leaving the view in front of you. 
"Really?" you asked. 
"Yea, did you want to come later?" He asked. You did a 180 turn to face Eunwoo.
"This is kind of suspicious," you gave him the look. 
Eunwoo laughed at you. 
"No, I'm doing this with a good heart. There's nothing suspicious about it." 
"So, you'll take me here later?" You asked him again. 
Eunwoo nodded. You lip slowly curved into a smile.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Eunwoo spent the day trying new cafes in the area, going to the arcade, and walking around the city. Before you knew it, the sun was slowly setting, and you couldn't be more thrilled to walk back to the river. 
"Eunwoo, thanks for taking me out today," you thanked him, as you two walked back to the riverfront. 
"Thank you for spending it with me," he smiled. 
"You're welcome," you joked. 

Eunwoo thought twice before asking. He had been feeling uneasy about the whole situation.
"Hey," 
"Yeah?" 
"Hyungsik told me that his mom gave birth a week or so ago," 
"Yea, she did. Did you go see the baby?" you asked.
You two continued to walk side-by-side, slowly, taking each of your time. 
"Oh, I haven't yet. I'm planning to go soon though," Eunwoo told you. 
"Yes, you should. She's so cute! When you go, let me know, okay? I want to see her too," you smiled. 
"I will. Um, Hyungsik said you and a man took Mrs. Lee to the hospital. Was it---"
Eunwoo couldn't quite finish his question. He really didn't want to be noisy, but he also wanted to know if the man was who he thought it to be. 
"It was Hajoon," you answered, understanding where his question was going to.
"Oh, was he in the area?" Eunwoo asked. 
"He was." 
"Do you know why?" 
"He said he forgot his pen at my house, so he came by to get it," you told Eunwoo without thinking much. 
"Are you sure that was all?" Eunwoo questioned. He found it suspicious; everything about Hajoon. 
You thought again. 
"Yea, that was all. He showed me his pen too," you told Eunwoo. 
Eunwoo thought quietly to himself, before he stopped questioning you. 
"Just be careful around him. I still don't trust him," Eunwoo stated. 
"Don't worry, he's just my boss. He's the least dangerous person I know," you chuckled, hoping that Eunwoo would let his guard down. 
"Don't joke around. Who knows what kind of person he truly is," Eunwoo said in a serious tone. 
"Yes, Dad," you smiled at him. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You looked at the river like a child seeing an amusement park for the first time. You ran closer to the river front leaving Eunwoo behind. 
"Wahhhh!" You exclaimed, catching the attention of a few families.
"Eunwoo!" You yelled out his name, as you tried to get him to hurry up. 
Eunwoo stood behind.
"This is so beautiful!" You cheered. Eunwoo was struck by your beauty. Though the view should be his focus, your smile was brighter. 

"Eunwoo-ah!" 
You broke away from the view, and Eunwoo looked away, as you both searched for the person calling his name. 
"What are you doing here, Eunwoo-ah?" The person asked as she approached you two.

You and Eunwoo looked at each other. 
"Why are you here with her?" 
"Aerin," Eunwoo called her name. 
She scanned you up and down with jealousy filled in her eyes, and then she looked back at Eunwoo. 
Behind Aerin were two of her friends. They both looked at you. You couldn't do anything besides give them both a welcoming smile. They only returned a smirk, rolling their eyes. 
You held your head down, avoiding eye contact with Aerin and her friends, staying quiet. 

"Eunwoo-ah, are you okay? How's your head?" Aerin asked, as she attempted to touch him. Before she could, Eunwoo held her wrist. 
"I'm all good now," he replied, letting her wrist go. 
Aerin slowly lowered her hand.
"We're going to the new cafe shop that just opened. You should come with us," Aerin suggested.
Eunwoo looked over at you, as he noticed that you were quiet. 
"I'm here with ------. We're good," Eunwoo said, giving Aerin a flinty look.
"She can come too," Aerin said, hoping that it would change Eunwoo's mind.
"It's fine. You guys can just go," Eunwoo suggested. 
You looked at Eunwoo as you heard him decline Aerin's offer. You lowkey felt bad about it. 
"Eunwoo-ah, it's okay," you assured him. He gave you a confused look. 
You gestured him to go with Aerin and her friends. 
"Maybe next time," Eunwoo said, then he dragged you two further away from Aerin. 

Aerin looked at you both angrily. 
"You're just going to let her do that?" Aerin's friend asked. 
Aerin looked at her. 
"No," Aerin replied. 

"Eunwoo!" Aerin called him, running after you two. 
You and Eunwoo turned around to look at Aerin, only to witness Aerin fall in the process of running towards you two. 
"Omo!" you covered your mouth. 
Eunwoo just looked at her, as Aerin winced in pain on the ground. 
You slapped Eunwoo's arm. 
"Yah, go help her!" 
"She's okay," Eunwoo said with annoyance written on his face.  

"My ankle," she cried. 
You sincerely felt worried. 
You ran over to her and kneeled in front of her, as she sat on one of the steps of the stairs.
"Are you okay?" You asked her, observing her injury. Her friends rushed over to her side. 
"Are you okay, Aerin?" one of her friends asked.
Aerin looked at you, exasperated.
"Can you get up?" You asked her, but she gave you no answer. 
Eunwoo walked behind you. 
"-----, let's go," he said, grabbing your arm. You looked up at Eunwoo, giving him the "are you not going to help her?" look. 

Eunwoo took a deep breath and released his grip on you. 
"Can you get up?" He asked. 
Aerin shook her head.
He sighed. 
You moved aside, while Eunwoo helped her up, by grabbing her arms.
"Can you walk?" Eunwoo asked. 
"No. Can you take me to the clinic down the street over there?" Aerin asked, leaning against Eunwoo in his arm. Her friends stayed by the side, looking at her and Eunwoo.
Eunwoo looked over to you. 
"You guys can take her, right?" Eunwoo asked them. 
"Eunwoo, take her," you suggested.
That was the last thing Eunwoo wanted to do. 
You looked at Eunwoo help Aerin up the few steps of stairs. 
Eunwoo looked over his shoulder to you. 
"Stay here, okay?" Eunwoo said. Deep inside, he was worried that you were going to leave. 
"Don't worry, I'll be right here when you come back," you smiled, assuring him.
Eunwoo smiled back and then him and Aerin walked away with her friends. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sighed, looking at the river. You had no one to share your excitement with. You sat down on one of the steps and looked at the river, trying to cheer up. 
Aish, this .
You thought. You rested your chin on the palms of your hands, with your elbows propped on your laps. You thought for a while then fixed your posture, sitting upright. 
Eunwoo will be back!
You told yourself. You looked around the area, as you saw couples and families walk along the riverfront, some sat along with you and others had blankets laid on the grass looking at the river. 
When will I get to do that? 
You envied them a little bit.
You shifted your attention back to the river. It was therapeutic just looking at water and the lights that lit up the bridge.

Wait? Is that---? 
You looked closely at him, as he walked to another man. 
Wait, I think...I've seen him somewhere? 
You thought hard. 
You covered your mouth as you remembered.
The hospital! 
You recalled. 
I should hide! Maybe it's a secret meeting? 

You scrabbled to get up from the step. 
"-------?" 
You stopped midway. 
You slowly turned to look at the person. 
"Soo-hyuk?" 
Soohyuk chuckled, surprised to see you. 
"Where are you doing here?" He asked. 
Soohyuk scanned around you. 
"Are you here alone?" he asked.
"N-no," you stuttered. 
"Oh, are you waiting for someone?" 
"Ah yes, my friend," you answered, still processing that Hajoon was just a few feet away from you.
"Did you want to join me while you wait for your friend?" He asked. 
Is he with Hajoon? This would be the perfect opportunity!
You thought. 
"Would...that be okay?" You asked him.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Before you knew it, you were walking towards Hajoon and the other friend.
Your heart began palpitating the moment you saw Hajoon's back. 
Wait, what's going on with me? 
You thought. 

"Hajoon. Sunghoon." 
Soohyuk called their names.
Wait, am I nervous?
You thought. Just as Hajoon turned to look at Soohyuk, you slid behind Soohyuk, hiding yourself from Hajoon. 
Aish, what am I doing here?
You quick action confused Soohyuk. Soohyuk looked over his shoulder, while Hajoon tried to get a glimpse of you.
"Are you okay?" Soohyuk asked. 
You looked up at Soohyuk, nodding your head. 
Soohyuk looked back at Hajoon and Sunghoon who were standing there, waiting for your appearance. 
"Hajoon, it's just ------," Soohyuk introduced. 
Hajoon furrowed his brows as he heard your name. 
"Sunghoon, this is -------," Soohyuk introduced. 
You took a deep breath, before popping out from behind Soohyuk. You smiled and bowed. 
"-------, this is Dr. Sunghoon." 

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Sunghoon," you bowed again 
Sunghoon smiled and bowed back. 
"Pleasure's mine." 
What is she doing here? 
Hajoon wondered, as he stared at you. 
At the same time, you happened to make eye contact with him. 
Your heart began racing. 
What the heck? 
You bowed to him. 
Maybe I'm just embarrassed from last time. 
It brought back memories from the last time you met him, which was when you forced him to take you and Mrs. Lee to the hospital.
"Hello, Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi," you greeted him. 
Hajoon's dark stare was enough for you to look away.
One thing you noticed was he wasn't wearing a suit. He wore a white long sleeve, black pants, paired with white Nike sneakers.
So, he wears clothes like that too?
You were curious now.

"She'll just hang around when her friend comes back," Soohyuk explained to Hajoon and Sunghoon, as he looked at you. 
You smiled to Soohyuk. 
You stood there, listening to them talk, though nothing important or nothing that led anywhere close to your investigation. 
"Are you waiting for Eunwoo?" 
You looked up at Hajoon, surprised by his question. Soohyuk and Sunghoon both looked at you, waiting for your answer. 
"Ah, yes," you replied. 
"Should we go look for him?" Hajoon asked. 
"Huh?" 
Why is he so weird? 
You thought. 
"I mean, no. I should get going," you excused yourself.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You bowed, before taking your leave. 
"Eunwoo, where did you go?"You whispered, not looking back at them.
"I can have my men look for him." 
You stopped and turned around to see Hajoon.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, it's okay," you declined his offer.
"He took a friend to a clinic nearby. He's probably still waiting for her, that's all," you explained. 
"Would...you like me to walk you there?" Hajoon asked. 
You were confused with his sudden change of personality. It was as if the person who is standing in front of you was a different character. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, it's okay. I'll just----" 
Before you could even finish your sentence, Hajoon jumped in. 
"Let me walk you to the clinic," Hajoon insisted. 
You looked at him. You weren't sure how to react at this point. You wanted to decline, but also accept it. 
"Thank...you," you said, though you were still very confused. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The walk was quite awkward though it wasn't silent. The small chatters around you guys made the air a little lighter. You began fidgetting with your fingers, unaware that he was glancing over. 
Aish, Eunwoo, where did you go? Did you leave me here?
You thought.You looked over to Hajoon, by accident you made eye contact with him. You quickly looked away and ahead at the street.
Does she know something? 
Hajoon thought.
"Do you see your friend?" Hajoon asked. 
You looked at Hajoon, a little startled. 
You quickly scanned around the area, no signs of Eunwoo.
"No. I just hope he didn't leave me here," you stated. 
"Did you need a ride home?" 
"N-no, Ha-joon-shi. I would hate to be a bother," you declined once again. 
Why is he being so nice to me? 
You thought his words and actions were a little suspicious. 

"You know, Ms. Kim still haven't gotten your hospital bill," Hajoon suddenly brought up. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, there must have been a mistake. I wasn't sick, hurt or anything. I was definitely not at the hospital," you told him, as you felt a surge of panic throughout your body.
Hajoon faked a confused look. 
"Really?" 
"Yes," you nodded your head. 
Hajoon tilted his head to the side. 
"I could have sworn I saw someone who looked exactly like you," he said.
His austere look made you feel like that was the Hajoon you knew. 
Does he know that I'm stalking him?
"Oh, is that so? I really wasn't at any hospital. I was at home or work whenever you saw that person," you chuckled, swallowing your saliva.  
Did I sell it? 
You thought, wishing that he'd forget about it. 
"Right, I must have mistaken it then," he said. 
"It's okay," you replied. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Hajoon walked a few streets down, looking for the clinic. You felt a little guilty for dragging Hajoon that far.
"Hajoon-shi," you called him. 
Hajoon looked at you. 
"You know, you can go back. I will just wait for Eunwoo here," you said, looking around. You guys stopped at an isolated part of the area.  
"It's okay. I can help you find him," Hajoon continued to insist. 
Hajoon analyzed your face expression. 
Worried. Puzzled. Anxious. 

You scratched the back of your head, as you didn't know how to keep declining his help. 
"Are you sure?" you asked again. 
"Yes," he replied. 
"Thank you." 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Hajoon walk a little more further down the isolated path. 
Should I say something? What should I say? 
"Do you like being the new chairman?" You asked. 
What the heck? What kind of question is that? 
You mentally facepalmed yourself. 
"It's okay," Hajoon replied. 
"Is it----" 
Before you could finish your next question, Hajoon abruptly grabbed your arm, pulling you next to him. 
Your eyes widened and your mouth agaped, frightened and bewildered. Your heart was out of your chest, and your skin turned pale. You were in too much shock to say anything besides look at the knife Hajoon skillfully and swiftly took from the stranger's possession, holding at his side.

"Who sent you here?"
Hajoon asked, as he slightly tilted his head to the side, unfazed. 
You stood behind Hajoon, still shaken. Your eyes slowly followed the knife, up his arm, then his face.
 Hajoon's expression changed from the one you saw a second ago. 
His eyes became dark. His brows furrowed. Though, there was still a sense of relaxation around him, as if he knew the strange man was no threat to him.

 


Who are you, Hajoon?

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(06.26) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @DolphinWorld
♡Much love♡


This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆