⬻Chapter XXXIV: The Injury⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

You closed the door and walked to the living room, glancing over at the box that he gave you, which sat on the dining table.
“Hajoon is fine.”
You smiled, thinking back to his words.
Your hand slowly made its way over your chest, placing it right above your heart.
It was that feeling, just faster this time.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Hajoon smiled, thinking back to what he said. He felt a sense of happiness…a feeling he have not felt for a long time.
He looked at the black box you gave him, which he placed on his desk, snapping him back to his mission.
He felt anxious to open it. He didn’t know that’s all it took for you to hand over the box.
“The key,” Hajoon whispered to himself. He remembered you mentioning a key.
He flipped the box around; no locks.
Is this not the one?
He questioned.
He quickly opened it, revealing a gray fine-tipped pen with a black clip on the cap, placed on the right side of the box, and a classic black, slightly textured tie on the left side.
He felt a little disappointed, knowing that it was not the black box, though, his lips curved into a smile.
He took the pen out, feeling it on his hand, before placing it in his cup of pen.
Then, he took the tie out, feeling the texture of the tie. After a second or so, he placed it back in the box, placing the top back.
He sighed, leaning his head back, looking up at the ceiling.
How am I going to get that box from you?
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You sat on the couch, hugging your knees, looking at the coffee pouch in front of you.
I’m sorry, Hajoon.
You thought, frowning a bit.
The only reason you invited him over was to give him the pen; the pen that promised it will never be lost.
You were focused on what your mission was from the beginning.
I know you’re not dangerous. You wouldn't hurt anymore, or me.
You thought, ignoring Jung Hae In’s warning.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You rolled out of bed.
You looked at the calendar that hung on the wall above your desk.
”WHAT?!”
It had only been the fourth day of the two weeks break.
Your intrusive thoughts were kicking in.
You quickly sat on your chair and opened your bank book.
You closed it after a good five minutes.
“YOLO.”
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Flight 0805, departing to Jeju Island will be boarding now. Flight 0805 is boarding.”
You stood up from your seat and carried your bag, walking to the gate.
You handed your boarding pass to the attendant, and then you picked a seat on the plane.
You looked out the window and smiled.
This trip would be the first one in a long time for you.
You wanted to forget everything and just relax, maybe sort your feelings out too.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You bowed to the driver as he dropped you off in the front of the hotel.
You turned around and looked at the building.
It was just a hotel, but it was luxurious to you.
There were so many foreigners, walking in and out.
You quickly joined them, walking to the front desk.

“Hello, I’m checking in for Park -------.”
“Welcome to the Ramada Plaza! Please give me a second while I process your information.”
You looked around while you waited for her.
“Ms. Park -------shi, it looks like the room you booked is full. Therefore, we will be upgrading you to a suite, with a view of the ocean front. Will that be okay for you?” She asked.
Your eyes widened by surprise. How did you get so lucky with the upgrade?
“Will I be charged extra?” As much as you would love that view, you couldn’t afford it.
“No, you will be charged as the same room you booked for. The upgrade will be on us,” she said.
“That’ll be okay with me,” you smiled.
“Great! Here’s the keys to your room. Your room will be on the 5th floor,” she handed you two cards.
You bowed and thanked her.
As you walked to the elevator, you scanned the building, in awed by the tall ceilings and earthy vibe.
Gosh, I want to stay here forever.
You thought.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You opened your room, by placing the card on top of the lock.
There, it revealed a spacious living room. To your right was the bedroom separated by a wall in the middle.
On your left was the bathroom and a small kitchen area.
You walked straight to the balcony which was across from the entrance.
Your eyes widened in awed.
The beach and people. You closed your eyes and lifted your head up, smelling the Jeju air and absorbing the warm sun.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Eunwoo, any updates on -------?” His boss asked, sitting in a tinted car together.
“I’ve made up with her. I’ll see where it leads,” Eunwoo replied.
“Be careful. Focus on the mission.”
Eunwoo thought for a bit. He really wasn’t focused on his mission though.
“Yes, Boss,” Eunwoo bowed.
“Boss, has anyone run information on the woman?”
“They did, but no information on her.”
“Nothing?” Eunwoo furrowed his brows in confusion.
“No, I’ll have the men run it again.”
Eunwoo bowed his head once more.
“Thank you for doing this. I really appreciate it.” His boss patted his back.

Eunwoo walked past your house. It was quiet. The curtains were closed. The house was dark.
You probably went to work.
He thought.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Hajoon sat in front of the man.
He crossed his hands and leaned forward.
“So, you’re really not going to speak a word about this boss of yours?” He questioned.
The man, eyes badly bruised up, his lips chapped, his hair a mess, spoke nothing.
“Well, I feel like I’ve given you enough time to clear yourself up,” Hajoon said, signaling his men to hand him a gun.

He cocked the gun and pointed at the man.
“Any last words?”
“She deserved it.”
Then, he pulled the trigger.
Hajoon, filled with rage, knew exactly who he was speaking of.
"Clean this up," Hajoon ordered before leaving the warehouse.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Hajoon sat in his private office, eyes closed, back leaned against his chair. 
Time was critical and he was getting no where near his target.
He sat up and looked at his cup of pens.
Two pens only though, his personal pen and the pen you gifted him.
He took the pen out of the cup and looked at it. He smiled.
Hajoon pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened his contact list.
He stared at your name. His thumb was ready to swipe call.
Aish.
His phone rang, startling him.
Hajoon cleared his throat and answered the call.
“Hello.”
“Boss, we’re outside when you’re ready.”
Hajoon looked at the pen once more that was still in his grip.
“I’ll be out soon,” then he ended the call.
He placed the pen back in the cup, grabbing his blazer and leaving his office.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Eunwoo waited for you at the bus stop, looking left and right.
Why isn’t she back yet?
He wondered. He pulled out his phone and checked the time.
10:30PM/22:30.
Eunwoo decided that he was going to wait another thirty minutes, maybe you were just running late.
Or worse, Hajoon was keeping you late at the company.
Is she in danger?
Eunwoo worried.
He pulled out his phone, calling Haein.
“My dear Eunwoo, what’s up?” Haein answered.
“Haein-ah, have you seen ------? Why isn’t she home yet?” Eunwoo asked.
“--------? No, I haven’t seen her.”
“Do you have your boss’ number?”
“Eunwoo-ah, the company is closed for renovation,” Haein said.
“Oh.”
“Is she not home?”
“No. I’ll call her,” Eunwoo said, before ending the call.

Eunwoo walked back to his house, as he called you.
The call went through, but you didn’t pick up.
Where are you?
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You sat in the sauna room; a white towel wrapped around your body.
You took a deep breath. Now this was peace and relaxation
"Are you married?”
You looked over to see one of the older aunties sitting across from you.
“No, I’m single” you chuckled, blushing over her question.
“You live here on the island?”
“No, I’m from the city. I came here for a small vacation."
“I don’t believe that you’re single. Are you sure you came her alone?” She teased.
“Yes, I came alone."
“I have a son who came here with me. I would love for you two to meet each other,” she smiled.
“Ah yes,” you awkwardly chuckled.
You wanted to leave the sauna as soon as possible, but it would be just too rude for you to do so.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon,” the imo said, as she walked out with her four other friends.
You bowed and walked the opposite way.
Aish, what did I get myself into?
You thought.
You walked into your suite and smiled.
It felt so nice to walk into an air-conditioned room with bright lights and the TV on.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
After taking a warm shower, you plopped down on the couch, snuggling into between the plushy pillows.
You closed your eyes, and your mind immediately drifted to him.
Your eyes shot opened.
“No, no, no!” You told yourself.
You pulled out your phone, looking at your contact list, highlighting his name.
Should I tell him that I’m here? What if he looks for me?
“Only for emergencies.”
You heard him.
You closed your phone and threw it over to the other couch.
You buried your face on a pillow.
Don’t think about him. Don’t think about him. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Hajoon, you left?”
Hajoon looked out the plane, seeing the city light up.
“Dad, don’t worry about me. It’s just a quick trip,” Hajoon said.
He heard his dad sigh.
“I got this case under my control. Just come back and run the company,” his dad begged.
“I’ll be back before you know it,” Hajoon ended the call.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You walked out of the hotel, doing a small stretch.
Today’s schedule: hiking.
“Omo, you’re the girl from last night!”
You straightened up and looked over your shoulder.
It was the imo from last night and standing next to her was her son, as she had stated last night.
You bowed and smiled at her.
You didn’t think she was being for real about hooking her son up with you.
“Good morning!” You greeted, being polite.
She grabbed her son’s arm, pulling him towards you.
“Minhyuk, this is the girl I was talking about last night,” his mom started.
You were confused with the whole thing. You didn’t know who she was, nor where she came from.
She was just a stranger you met in the sauna room.
The trip was supposed to be a relaxing one for you, but you somehow got stuck in this weird blind date.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t get your name,” the aunt said, looking at you.
“I’m Park ------,” you replied.
“Park ------shi, this is my son, Minhyuk,” she smiled.
You looked at him, and he smiled. 
“I’ve planned a brunch date for you guys. Minhyuk knows the place,” she said. She waved to her chauffeur to come over.
“Please them,” she ordered.
You were puzzled, standing there helplessly.
She didn't even give you options. You had no choice than to play along with her.
“Have fun!” she waved.
You didn’t know what to do besides smile.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
The ride to the restaurant was quiet. Your heart began beating faster, out of nervousness.
You entered a car with a stranger, not even knowing where they were going to take you.
Lo and behold though, the car stopped in front of a restaurant.
You stood in front of the guy and awkwardly smiled.
“Hello,” you managed to say.
“I’m really sorry about my mother,” he apologized.
“Ah, it’s okay, really. I just didn’t know she was being for real about this whole thing,” you laughed.
“Yea, she’s like that,” he chuckled.
Minhyuk scanned your outfit.
“Are you hiking today?”
You looked at him, almost surprised that he knew your plans for the day.
“Ah, yes,” you replied, scratching the back of your head. 
“You know, you don’t have to spend the day with me. If you have plans, please feel free to do so."
“Really?”
“Yea, it’s really okay. I…actually had plans as well with my girlfriend,” he revealed.
You were flabbergasted.
“Yea, my mom’s kind of crazy over these blind dates,” he was embarrassed.
“I hope you have a very good time with her then.”
“Thank you," he smiled.
“Have you had breakfast? Did you want to grab something to eat first before you head out?” Minhyuk offered.
“Will that be okay?” You wanted to be respectful.
“Yea, why wouldn’t it?”
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Is this your first time here?” Minhyuk asked, drinking his glass of orange juice.
You looked up from your plate.
“Yes! I’ve been planning forever to come here. I finally found the time to."
“I see. It’s beautiful here. You should come here more often if you get the chance to.”
“You don’t live here, do you?” You asked.
“No, I kind of got dragged out with my mom,” he chuckled.
“I see.”
“How about you? From Seoul?”
“Yes!”
“I can tell,” he smiled.
"Oh, I haven't formally introduced myself to you. I'm Minhyuk," he extended his hand out for a handshake.
You shook his hand.
"Nice to meet you, Minhyuk-shi. I'm ------," you smiled.
"Pleasure's mine."
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
Eunwoo stopped by your place. Everything looked the same.
She never came home.
He thought.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Ahjumma, have you seen ------?” Eunwoo asked, as he placed a box on top of another.
“--------? Why?” She continued to skewer the rice cakes on top each other.
“She didn’t come home last night.”
“Ahh, she told me that she was going on a small trip, but that was all,” Ahjumma said.
“Alone?”
“I’m not sure.”
She didn’t go with Hajoon, did she?
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You heavily exhaled, full from the food, as you two walked out from the restaurant.
“Minhyuk-shi, thank you so much for the meal! I really appreciate it!”
“Of course. Thank you for coming along! If you need a ride back to the hotel, later, just text me your location and I’ll come pick you up,” Minhyuk offered.
“I’d hate to be a bother."
Minhyuk took out his business card, handing it to you.
“My phone number is here. Call me if you need a ride,” he smiled.
You bowed, thanking him, before catching a cab to get to the nature trail.
You looked at his business card; your mind drifting away to him again.
“Aish!” You gently hit your head.
Get out of my head.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You looked at the view and smelled the air.
You were excited. It would be your first time hiking.
You began your walk into the trail, taking out your disposable camera, snapping away the view.
So pretty!
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
After a good hour of sightseeing and lots of walking, you came upon a map of the trail, showing you where you were.
You had already walked 3/4th of the trail.
Almost there.
You celebrated.
Thankfully, you took that brunch offer from Minhyuk or else, you’d be struggling the whole way.

“LOOK OUT!”
You turned around and saw a German Shepard, sprinting towards you.
“OMO!!” You exclaimed. With the instinct kicking in, you ran the opposite way.
“DON’T RUN!”
You heard the owner scream.
You ignored their suggestions and continued running.
Am I going to die here?
You cried in your thoughts.
You continued running as fast as you could, glancing behind, as the dog continued to chase and bark after you.

Not looking at your steps, your ankle twisted, making you fall, rolling down a slightly steep hill.
”Ahhh, ouch!” You yelped, as you stopped at the bottom of the hill.
You slowly propped yourself up, looking up at the hill, where you saw the owners, grabbing their dog.
You looked down the path, realizing you had ended up on another trail; it was quieter.
Just as you were about to get up, you whined in pain, falling back on your bottom.
The excruciating pain came from your ankle.
Your eyes began watering, as you did not know what to do.
Your ankle was badly swollen as your skin turned into a blue-purplish color.
You looked at your elbow, feeling a stinging pain; you were bleeding.

“----------?”

You looked up, turning your head to the left side.
Your eyes widened.

“Hajoon-ah!”

He looked at you, confused.
What is she doing here?
He thought.
Did she follow me?

You quickly wiped your tears away with the back of your hand, as he walked up to you.
The pain that you felt a second ago seemed to vanish into thin air.
Hajoon knelt in front of you.
He looked at your ankle. He noticed that it was swollen and blue to the look.
“What happened?” He asked, looking at you.
“A dog chased me,” you explained to him, slightly embarrassed.
Hajoon coughed out a small chuckle.
Without even realizing, you smacked him on the arm, catching him off guard.
“It’s not funny! I rolled from up there,” you pointed at the top of hill,” I could have died,” your eyes watered again.
Hajoon wiped away the chuckle.
“Are you okay?” he asked.
“I don’t know,” you frowned, “can you help me up?”
Your question left Hajoon a little speechless.

What’s wrong with me?
He asked himself.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.

Hajoon quickly stood up; he panicked a bit, feeling confused with what he was feeling.
“Hajoon-ah, are you going to leave me here?” You asked, looking up at him.
This time you felt the water works coming in again.
Hajoon looked down at you.
“D-don’t cry,” he begged. 
You looked up at him, extending your hand out for him to pull you up.
He grabbed your hand, pulling you up.

With the amount of pressure weighed on your left foot, you lost balance, falling right into his arms.
Hajoon quickly wrapped his arm around your waist, supporting you.
You two made eye contact.
Every bird’s tweet, and cricket’s chirp, seemed to die down. The howls’ of the winds and your heartbeat was the only sound you heard.

Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.

You snapped out and pushed him away, falling back on the dirt road.
Hajoon was confused himself.
“Why did you do that?” Hajoon asked, kneeling back down in front of you.
You felt your cheeks heating up. You knew that you couldn’t look at him in the eyes. It was too embarrassing to do so.
“I-I…can walk on my own. Go where ever you need to be,” you said, clearing your throat.
Hajoon smiled, looking at how embarrassed you got.
“Aren’t we partners?”
You slowly turned to look at him.
There was something about his eyes.
The longer you looked at his eyes; you were only getting lost in them. 
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.

“With your ankle that swollen, are you sure you don’t need my help?” he asked, raising a brow.
You looked at your ankle; it seemed worse than before.
Hajoon sighed and got into position.
“Get on my back.”
Your eyes widened in surprise.
“W-what?” You stuttered, furrowing your brows.
“Get on.”
“I’m heavy though,” you warned him. 
It was an excuse to not get on his back. 
Hajoon looked over his shoulder.
“Are you getting on or not?”
“Ah, y-yes!” you quickly replied, though feeling hesitant.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” you asked him, holding onto him tightly, as your legs wrapped around his waist.
“Are you finished with the questions?”
You closed your mouth.
I didn’t even ask that many questions.
You thought, rolling your eyes.

“OMO! Are you okay?”
You and Hajoon looked at the couple with their dog.
“We’re so sorry!” They both bowed to you.
“It’s okay!” You chuckled. Really though, it really wasn’t.
Before you could say anything else, Hajoon spoke.
“Why wasn’t your dog on a leash?” he asked.
They bowed to Hajoon.
“We’re really sorry,” they apologized again, no answer to his question.
The man quickly pulled out a business card, handing it to Hajoon.
“Please contact us with the bill. We take full responsibility.”
You took the card from the man and smiled.
“It’s really okay!” you assured him.
The man and his wife bowed once more.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Why did you scold them?”
His muscular arms supported your legs.
“If their dog was on a leash, this wouldn’t happen.”
You stayed silent.
Wait!
You turned and looked at Hajoon’s side profile.
“Omo! HAJOON?” You exclaimed.
He turned his head slightly, making eye contact with you.
“What?”
He slowly walked, taking his time.
“It’s really you?”
He furrowed his brows in confusion.
“What?”
“What are you doing here? How did you know where to find me?”
“I should be asking you that question. What are you doing here?” Hajoon asked, stopping as he looked at you.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
You felt it again.
You had only realized how close you two were from each other.
You held your breath, knowing for sure that he felt your heartbeat.
You slowly and shyly looked away.
“A getaway,” you answered; you felt your cheeks flushed pink.
His lips curved into a slight smile, as he continued walking.
“What about you? What are you doing here? Did you follow me?” You asked him, looking ahead.
“Same,” he said, “’getaway.’” He quoted you.
You smiled, listening to him tease you.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
You two finally made it out of the trail.
“Can you get in?”
"Yea," you answered, before he slowly lowered for you to stand on your own.
You limped, getting inside the passenger’s side.
Just as you were about to reach for the door to close it, Hajoon pushed the door closed.
You looked at him through the window, mouthing “thank you” to him.

Hajoon sat in the driver's seat, looking over at you.
He noticed the blood on your elbow and the small trail it left on your arm.
He opened the arm rest in the middle, taking out a clean black handkerchief.
"Let me see your hand."
Your eyes widened, looking over at him.
"What are you doing?" You asked, moving closer to the window.
He grabbed your wrist, pulling you closer.
Your arm tingled by his touch.
Did he feel it too?
You stared at him.
Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump.
He was simply just too mesmerizing.
He gently wiped the blood, tying the handkerchief after as an alternative bandage.
"It's not the best, but hopefully that'll stop the bleeding," Hajoon said, looking at you.
You just nodded your head, though you clearly weren't paying attention to him.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Where are you staying?” He was focused on the road.
“The Ramada Plaza.”
Hajoon looked over, anxiously.
“Ocean Front?”
You nodded your head.
You thought for a second.
“Are you staying there too?” Your eyes beamed with delight.
Hajoon stayed quiet.
“So, you are?” You smiled.
“That’s great then, so you don’t have to drive too far.”
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Can you get out?” Hajoon asked, standing next to the door, waiting patiently for you to get out.
Truth was you had already felt guilty enough for making him piggyback you from the trail to his car.
You couldn’t ask him for any more help.

“I…think I got it,” you slowly hopped off his car. 
Hajoon closed the door, then he faced you.
You were going to wait for him to leave first.
You bowed.
"Thank you for rescuing me and dropping me off at my hotel...and yours."
Hajoon didn't say anything.
"You should go first and rest up."
"No, I want you to go first."
You mentally facepalmed.
Why did he have to make your life so hard?
"I think...I think you should first. You've had a long day," you tried coming up with excuses.
He thought for a while, before agreeing with you.
"Good luck getting to your room," he wished.
You smiled and bowed to him once more.
You stared at his figure.
Why did he make you feel so safe?

You slowly sighed, as you began limping to the entrance of the hotel.
Your eyes watered, even though you were really trying to hold them in.
The pain was just too much.
You stopped and looked at your ankle.
Aishh!

Hajoon grabbed your arm, startling you.
"H-Hajoon," your eyes widened.
He wrapped your arm around his shoulder, and it was that look again. 
"W-What are you d-doing?" you stuttered.
His arm wrapped around your waist; your stomach turned. 
"Helping you," he answered; looking down at you.
"I will get to my room just f---"
"You're not."
He was right about that.
"Thank you!" 
"Are you crying?"
He felt a little concerned when he saw your eyes filled with tears
You laughed.
"Crying because of the pain."
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ •• 
“Which floor?” He asked, as you two entered the building.
“5th floor."

“--------shi!"

You and Hajoon stopped. You were as confused as him to who had called you.
You two slowly turned around to see who it was.
It was a man.
Hajoon slowly turned to look at you, puzzled. 
"-------."
You looked at him as he had called your name.

 

 

 

“Who is he?”
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(12.01) Special shoutout to:
@DolphinWorld
@
Vishu03
@Aimanf23
@Hayleyfields
@Meandyou2706
and as always,
@silent readers!
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆