⬻Chapter X: Boards⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

“Oh, you’re back!” Haein cheered.
You tried catching your breath, sitting back on your seat.
Haein noticed that you had that same look.
“Yah, don’t tell me you threw my chips at Mr. Ha Joon,” Haein joked.
You looked at her, thinking about what that person said.
Haein became a little worried as she saw how distracted you were.
“Is everything okay?” Haein asked seriously this time.
Should I tell Haein?
You asked yourself.
Maybe I shouldn’t.
“Nothing,” you replied.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As you and Haein walked back, the only thing you were thinking was that conversation. Haein looked over to you.
“Yah, is everything alright? You haven’t looked the same ever since you came back from the vending machine,” Haein asked as she was concerned.
“I’m…okay,” you tried covering it up.
I can’t tell Haein right now. It’s too risky. 
You stopped yourself.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“-------!”
You and Haein looked ahead.
Soohyuk waved to you as he walked over with one of his hands tucked in his pocket.
Haein elbowed you, giving you the look.
“Stop it,” you whispered, embarrassingly looking at her. Her teases were one thing; her missions were the other.
“Hello, Haein-shi,” Soohyuk greeted her.
Haein gave him a big smile.
“Hello, Mr. Soohyuk-shi,” Haein bowed.
“What are you two doing here?” Soohyuk asked looking at you.
“We just finished having lunch,” Haein replied. Soohyuk was actually waiting for you to respond to his question, but Haein was faster.
“Ah, that’s a bummer,” Soohyuk chuckled.
“Why is that?” Haein wondered.
Soohyuk looked at you.
“I wanted to catch up with ------,” he replied.
You looked at him after hearing your name.
Haein smiled and looked at you.
“I’ll see you inside -------,” Haein excused herself.
Before you could stop her, Haein had said another thing.
“Excuse me, Mr. Soohyuk-shi,” Haein bowed before taking her leave.
Behind Soohyuk’s tall figure, Haein gave you a hwaiting sign, mouthing “get closer." She waved to you and left you behind, alone with Soohyuk.
You wanted to kill her, not literal though.
“I see that you’ve already had lunch,” Soohyuk commented again, drawing your attention to him.
“Ah yes, Soohyuk,” you smiled, “I shouldn’t hold you back from your lunch as well. I hope you have a good one.”
“Actually, would you like to go to dinner tonight?” He asked.
WAIT, WHAT? IS HE ASKING ME OUT?
You started freaking out. Your facial expression changed from relaxed to panic.
“As a friend,” he genuinely smiled.
Did he just read my thoughts?
“I understand,” you awkwardly smiled.
“I’m sure it would have been a lovely dinner, but I have plans tonight with a friend,” you lied.
You knew you had no chance to be going out with a man like Soohyuk, especially with his rank and fame. Every one knew of the family. You wanted to save yourself before Ms. Kim could scold you. 
“How about next time?” He asked.
You really didn’t know how to respond back to him.
"Um..."

“Oppa!”
Soohyuk turned around, as you looked in the same direction.
You quickly bowed to moment you saw it was Hyo Joo, the former chairman’s only granddaughter.
Hyo Joo looked at you, as you were still in your bowing position.
“Soohyuk-oppa, what are you doing here?” She asked.
“Just talking with a friend,” Soohyuk replied.
“------,” Soohyuk called your name.
Wait, should I lift my head up? What’s protocol again?
“-------,” Soohyuk called again.
You slowly lifted your head and looked at them, smiling.
“Hyojoo, this is -------,” Soohyuk introduced. Hyojoo gave an emotionless face, one that didn’t care much.
“I’m sure you know that this is Hyojoo, my cousin and my grandfather’s granddaughter,” Soohyuk explained.
You smiled and nodded.
“It’s my pleasure meeting you, Ms. Hyojoo-shi,” you smiled.
She looked at you and then back to Soohyuk.
“Oppa, let’s go to lunch together,” Hyojoo insisted, “I asked Hajoon-oppa, but he doesn’t want to go with me.”
You stood there awkwardly.
Should I leave? Is this rude? What am I doing here?
So many questions ran through your mind.
Soohyuk looked over to you.
“Let’s catch up later,” he smiled.
“No problem. Have a good lunch Mr. Soohyuk-shi and Ms. Hyojoo-shi,” you bowed once more.
Soohyuk and Hyojoo left together, as you stood behind. You sharply sighed, feeling better that you were out of the uncomfortable situation.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Did you need a lift?” Haein asked, as you two walked out of the building.
“No, it’s okay. I have to run to the store too, so I’ll take the bus,” you declined her offer.
“Are you sure?”
“Yea, the sun is still up, so I will be okay,” you smiled, assuring her.
“Alright! I’ll see you later,” she waved before parting ways with you.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You looked out the window, looking out the window. You checked the time on your phone, a new phone. With the time and money given, you bought a simple flip phone from a shop in the neighborhood. 
The time read 6:30PM.
Who was on the phone? Who was speaking? What about Hajoon and his dad? Is something bad going to happen?
You had so many questions.
Aish, why didn’t I look who was on the phone? 
The most important thing you missed out was seeing who was on the call.
You ran into the office store and grabbed the things you needed to start investigating on the family.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked down the sidewalk with your hands full.
Should I tell Hajoon about this?
You shook your head.
No, no, no, he’ll think I’m being nosy. He wouldn’t believe me; it’s his family. But, where did he come from? Where’s his dad? How does his dad look like? I've never met his mom either? Who is this person working with?
You were deep into your questions and what ifs.
Should I ask Soohyuk?
You questioned.
No, that would be weird. Should I really follow Haein’s advice?
“Aish!” you were frustrated. Your thoughts ran wild. You wanted to find a way to break down everything.

Oof!
You fell to the ground, dropping your bags.
You grabbed your bags and stood up, rubbing the side of your bottom, hoping it would ease the pain.
“You’re not going to say sorr---,” you looked up only to see your boss.
You dropped your bag once more, quickly covering your mouth and bowing.
“Mr. Ha Joon-shi, w-what are you doing here?” You asked, looking around him. None of his guards were with him.
Hajoon looked at you, annoyed. He looked at the bags you dropped, and you noticed that. 
You bent down, swiftly grabbed your bags, and hid them behind your back.
“Excuse me, Mr. Hajoon. Have a good night,” you excused yourself first. You walked past him, only for him to stop you.
“Where’s the best place to get an iced americano?” He asked.
You stopped with your eyes wide opened because of the sudden and random question.
You turned around and looked at him.
“What?”

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sat across from Hajoon in a small, local coffee shop with your head down, avoiding eye contact. Every time you looked at him, you were reminded of the incident that took place a few hours ago, where you threw a pile of important papers in his face.
Hajoon took a sip of the iced americano you ordered. He looked outside, as the sun was setting, thinking about his next move.
Hajoon suddenly remembered that you were sitting in front of him. He looked down at your bags again by accident.
By chance, you glanced up to steal a look of him, only to see him examining the items you bought. You quickly grabbed the bags and tucked them in the space between the front and back legs of the chair.
Hajoon’s eyes trailed up to you. You accidently made eye contact with him at that time.
You wanted to leave so bad, but you didn’t know where to begin.
“Mr. Ha Joon-shi,” you called.
Hajoon kept that same unbothered look.
“I will excuse myself,” you said almost in a whisper. Just as you reached from your bags, Hajoon stopped you.
“Why did you throw papers at me?” He asked, as he was actually curious.
You dropped the bags and quickly looked over to him, placing your palms together.
“Mr. Ha Joon-shi, I swear on my life it wasn’t intentional. I-I really got scared, so it was a reflex. I would NEVER do that to you, I promise. Please don’t dismiss me. I love the company and people there. I really need the job,” you begged him. You looked up, hoping he’d show you mercy.
For some reasons, no matter how you looked at him, Hajoon’s cold face was hard to read.
Is he going to say anything? Or, is he going to fire me right now? Should I get on my knees?
You slowly slid down your chair and crawled to his side; Hajoon was genuinely confused with your action. He furrowed his brows, giving you the side eyes, looking down at your position, as he uncrossed his legs.
I will do anything.
You told yourself.
You got on your knees and clasped your hands together placing it on your forehead, head down.
“Please don’t dismiss me, Mr. Hajoon-shi. I will do anything, even if I don’t get paid for the month. I will work overtime and run errands for you. Please don’t fire me,” you begged him.
You lifted your head up to look at him, as you didn’t know he had leaned in from his seat closer to you; a few inches approximately, his dark eyes could you in any moment.

You gulped, only to realize how close you two were from each other.
Time seemed to stop, just like how they said it in the stories.
You fell on your bottom, embarrassingly looking away. 
On the other hand, Hajoon leaned back in his seat, taking another sip of his iced americano and crossing his legs. 
How embarrassing. 
You thought. You couldn't look at Hajoon in the eyes. 
You got up and grabbed your bags, exiting the shop as quickly as possible, that you didn't even excuse yourself. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"What was that?" you whispered.
"No, no, no! It's nothing," you convinced yourself, walking away from coffee shop. 
You waited for the light to cross the street. A few people were out, waiting like you. 
What if he fires me tomorrow? In front of everyone? I will be humiliated in front of everyone, even Ms. Kim would get the satisfaction. 

You frustratedly sighed. You thought leaving the way you did would jeopardize your job.
I should have just said something. 
You wanted to beat yourself up for acting that way. 
You turned around and hastily walked back to the coffee shop. 
You entered the shop and walked back to the same spot you and Hajoon were sitting at. 
Did he leave already?
You looked around for him. 
"Can I help you?" 
You turned around to see the same girl who served earlier. 
"Did the man, who was sitting here earlier, leave already?" You asked her, pointing at the table by the window.
"Yes, he just left," she said. 
"Thank you," you smiled, before taking your leave. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked out of the coffee shop, looking both ways. 
Aish, I'm so dumb. He's definitely going to fire me. 
You cried in your thoughts. 
It's okay. I can work in the neighborhood. That's not the only job.
You tried brightening up the situation.
With that, you walked back to the bus station. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Done!" 
You hung the big board on the side of your room. Photos of the former chairman's family and red twine twisted and turned across each photo were displayed on your investigation board. 
You placed your hands on the side of your waist, feeling proud of the finished product.
"The mission starts," you whispered taking a deep breath after.
You looked at Hajoon's photo, the one you found on the company's official page. 
You huffed. 
You grabbed a red sharpie marker and a transparent sticky note on your desk. You adhere the note below Hajoon's picture on the board and wrote.

Who are you? 

You stepped back and stared at his face. 

"Who are you, really?" 
You wondered. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The heavy black bookcase opened, revealing a secret room behind. 
The colors gray and black painted the room. A modern black desk sat on the right side. A few floating black shelves hung on each wall with his most treasured books. Hajoon threw his blazer on the chair, setting the yellow envelope down on his desk. He rolled up his sleeves, looking at the envelope. 
He picked the envelope and pulled out the papers inside, reading the file. 
He grabbed the 4x6 photo and walked to the left side of the room, where his investigation board was displayed. 
He took a black pin and pierced the picture on his board. 
He stepped back and crossed his arms, examining each information he collected. 
He trailed back down to the last photo he pinned to the board. 

"Park ------."

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡



(03.25) Shoutout to a new subscriber @MIAJLP
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆